Saturn Sade-Sati

vikki303

What happens in Sade Sati when Moon Sign is followed by the ascendant, e.g. my moon sign is Virgo and ascendant is Libra?

Does it prolongs the effect of Sadesati for the person?

arichinna

Dear member,

Lord Saturn exalts in Libra, the sign of balance. He is the greatest judge and hence exalts in this sign. Saturn would do good for people during sade-sati if he is placed well in natal horoscope.

Saturn's aspects on any sign activates the good or bad an individual may receive based on his karma.

Just in case your moon sign and ascendant were Virgo and your natal moon was in Saggitarius in Dasamsa (D10) chart, then Sade-Sati will start for your career when Saturn transits to Scorpio when you might be happy Saturn left Libra.

Saturn affects any sign it is present. He is the greatest giver and the greatest taker. No other planet can obstruct what he gives. For example - Obama's win this time too (Saturn is his Lagna Lord exalted in transit during his elections).

Based on your natal placement from Lagna and Moon, Lord Saturn will give you results. Also it depends on which round of Sade-Sati you are in. First and third is very bad for people with very bad past karma.

Who knows? Sade-Sati may be good to you !!!

All the best

crazedrat

Banned
No, sade-sati is specifically the saturn transiting moon. Saturn transiting lagna has its own difficulties associated. But it is a separate event. Saturn transiting anything in the rasi chart will bring a struggle in that area. When the transit is on lagna, the struggle is with the self, finding an identity within society. Sade-Sati is formally recognized because of the great significance of the moon in jyotish. The solution to all saturn transits is the same, hard & diligent effort. Really the struggle of saturn never ends, it's always in one area or another.

crazedrat

Banned
Dear member,

Lord Saturn exalts in Libra, the sign of balance. He is the greatest judge and hence exalts in this sign. Saturn would do good for people during sade-sati if he is placed well in natal horoscope.
The word good used here is very subjective / unclear. My brother for instance has moon in libra, and is experiencing sade-sati right now. He has had severe shoulder, back, & knee problems at this time, and had to go into surgery (signified by the 3rd house of libra in his chart). His venus is strong, too. This is by no means an easy transit for him, as you make it sound. Sade Sati is never an easy transit, even in exaltation saturn still shows a struggle requiring much effort.

Last edited:

arichinna

Dear Crazedrat,

With due respect I am sorry for your brother. But I want to reiterate that Lord Saturn is a Karmik planet. He activates karma at the place he transits. The trouble your brother undergoes is directly related to that.

Going by that logic if we have done good karma and it outweighs the bad and if Saturn transits through that particular area, he will have to do good by functional nature.

The rule why the greatest benefic Jupiter can't be good for all ascendant and the greatest malefic Saturn can't be bad for all ascendant as laid down by Lord of Jyothist - Maha ganapathy is that these planets are his tool to deliver good or bad karma.

Please check for the natal position of Lord Saturn in your brothers chart and the position from Moon. If it is good, it is bound to do good by astrology. But there may be initial struggles as per the nature of Saturn but never a downfall if he is a functional benefic and positionally benefic to your brother's natal chart.

Reg, Sade-Sati, yes as per definition it is 12/1/2 to natal moon. But I was answering more to the "Does it prolongs the effect of Sadesati for the person?" question of Vikki...

I personally know a lot of people who have come well in life during Sade Sati with initial troubles. But they faced utmost problem during Saturn transit in third house from moon. When I analysed their charts I found their past karma was with respect to siblings which was activated during that transit.

These 9 planets are tools used by the God to deliver our karmas. Don't judge planets just by moon transits. Refer the natal chart for more details.

crazedrat

Banned
Let's analyze your statements logically.
The word good, used alone, is subjective and meaningless. What does it mean to be 'good'?

Saturn's aspects on any sign activates the good or bad an individual may receive based on his karma.

The sign saturn is in, be it exaltation or debilitation, does not imply whether the individual possesses good or bad karma. Whether an individual experiences a good or bad transit varies depending on their karma. This happens independently of Saturns exaltation or debilitation.

Please check for the natal position of Lord Saturn in your brothers chart and the position from Moon. If it is good, it is bound to do good by astrology.

Whether his saturn is positioned in exaltation or debilitation is irrelevant. His past karma, pertaining to that area of life indicated by his saturn placement, is what will determine the 'good' nature of his transit. So we should not look to the planets blindly to sentence fate.

Reg, Sade-Sati, yes as per definition it is 12/1/2 to natal moon. But I was answering more to the "Does it prolongs the effect of Sadesati for the person?" question of Vikki...
This is not a prolongment of sadesati, it is a different saturn transit altogether.

I personally know a lot of people who have come well in life during Sade Sati with initial troubles. But they faced utmost problem during Saturn transit in third house from moon. When I analysed their charts I found their past karma was with respect to siblings which was activated during that transit.
Yes, and the nature of a persons karma; whether it's good or bad, is not indicated by the chart.

These 9 planets are tools used by the God to deliver our karmas. .
And a saintly person is rewarded by God regardless of their natal birth chart. Because you say a planet gives results good or bad based on exaltation or debilitation, you exclude God from consideration.
Don't judge planets just by moon transits. .
Not at all what I am doing.
Refer the natal chart for more details.
This is beside the point.

Last edited:

arichinna

Let's analyze your statements logically.

Thank you for your logical analysis but let me answer back.

The word good, used alone, is subjective and meaningless. What does it mean to be 'good'?

It is not "to be good" but to do good. Suddenly a planet cannot be good. I remember a friend of mine who is a Capricorn ascendant who was not having stable job earlier but got a great job with good pay scale which he can't even imagine during Sade-Sati with initial troubles (to be exact 12th house from natal moon) but tenth from lagna. His Lagna lord Saturn (natally) did "good" during his exaltation now. [Note: Saturn was in labha (11th house) in his birth chart]

The sign saturn is in, be it exaltation or debilitation, does not imply whether the individual possesses good or bad karma. Whether an individual experiences a good or bad transit varies depending on their karma. This happens independently of Saturns exaltation or debilitation.

Your statement contradicts all your previous statements. Yes, "an individual experiences a good or bad transit varies depending on their karma" and this is what I am telling from start. A true astrologer will tell you why birth time is important. Astrologers pause the universe and use the birth time to determine the location of planets during that particular time. With which 16 divisional varga charts can be made. Are these charts empty? they are filled with 9 planets. It will indicate a person's good and bad happenings including death during his/her life time. That good or bad fate will be realised when planets transit various houses which will concur with dasha and bhukthi of that individual. Also a true astrologer know that be it a good or bad things that happen to us is because of good or bad karmas committed by us in present and past birth. An individual's bad and good karma can be easily determined by one's natal chart which will foresee his/her sufferings during the life time. And that natal chart has nine planets and saturn being one (I can't believe I have to explain so much). Please consult any other astrologers to find my statement true (as I did today to confirm my reply to you). A true astrologer will not have ego to do that.

Whether his saturn is positioned in exaltation or debilitation is irrelevant. His past karma, pertaining to that area of life indicated by his saturn placement, is what will determine the 'good' nature of his transit. So we should not look to the planets blindly to sentence fate.

Seriously this contradicts your previous statement - "His past karma, pertaining to that area of life indicated by his saturn placement, is what will determine the 'good' nature of his transit" and I cant agree more to this.

This is not a prolongment of sadesati, it is a different saturn transit altogether.

Totally agreed. But Sade-Sati will be bad and the period following will do good is not entirely true for all the individuals in the world. As I had quoted in an example earlier of my close friend - his case was different as his ascendant had saturn as functional benefic and in good placement from lagna and natal moon.

Yes, and the nature of a persons karma; whether it's good or bad, is not indicated by the chart.

It is my dear friend. The natal chart is the birth of everything. If you agree that suffering is the reason of karmas then that is already indicated in the natal chart and 16 varga charts help describing in which area of life it is. If you dont agree that human's suffering is because of karma, its futile task for me from now on.

And a saintly person is rewarded by God regardless of their natal birth chart. Because you say a planet gives results good or bad based on exaltation or debilitation, you exclude God from consideration.

Firstly I never said "planet gives results good or bad based on exaltation or debilitation". I mean I never used exaltation and debilitation. There is a famous saying in astrology which I translate literally in english - " when functional malefics conjunct malefics or lose power it gives vipareeta raja yoga". Sometimes a planet become debilitated in birth chart for a specific reason for specific thing to happen in life time.

Answering your question, who said saintly persons will have exalted planets? A person becomes saint by God's will and in most cases because of his past life where he must have negated or sinned against saints. He carries a curse in the form a blessing to be a saint and be devoted to God in the new birth. I considered God in everything from the start. A person is born at a specific time in this world to undergo some specific blessings and sufferings owing his past actions in past birth - this is the underlying logic of astrology. Every soul wait for the right time to be born. The God who is the master of his rules know a person cannot be born in a wrong time to suffer more than what he intended for.

Not at all what I am doing.

Hope so.

This is beside the point.

Of course this is the point.

Before you type a reply with due respect I ask you not to get personalized. It started with Sade-Sati and went on... To be open, I am also in Sade Sati suffering in my career front but I don't blame Saturn entirely because in all others aspects of life I am good. I know my past karma was with respect to my career and it gets realised now when I started my career and incidentally Saturn transits 12th from natal moon and at the same time I am running in bad dasha/bhukthi. Everything concur. These affects my career house. When my karma gets dissolved even Lord Saturn can't affect me because they affect individuals not out of personal interest but by the rules of jyotish laid by Maha ganapathy.

Regarding your brother if I could infer from your details that moon was in third house and it is Libra - he must have functional malefic Saturn who is also a natural malefic in birth chart for a Leo Lagna (he can never do good in that case unless there is some rajayoga activation by placement). Transit of lagna lord Sun along with exalted saturn in Libra must have caused him more pain. Enemies in one house - one exalted and another debilitated while debilitated (without neecha banga) being his lagna lord - no wonder he was affected physically. I am sure he will over come soon as the transit is over.

God bless your brother and hope he recovers soon.

Last edited:

crazedrat

Banned
It is not "to be good" but to do good. Suddenly a planet cannot be good. I remember a friend of mine who is a Capricorn ascendant who was not having stable job earlier but got a great job with good pay scale which he can't even imagine during Sade-Sati with initial troubles (to be exact 12th house from natal moon) but tenth from lagna. His Lagna lord Saturn (natally) did "good" during his exaltation now. [Note: Saturn was in labha (11th house) in his birth chart]
You do not understand. What is good? Good is not meaningful. If you describe events which may unfold, that's meaningful. If I say to you: this apple is GOOD, and you reply to me: "no this apple tastes BAD", would we be expressing anything besides our own subjective bias? No. Therefor use terms which have meaning. This is the point. Because I get tired of reading astrological text littered with the words good and bad, with no qualification and no meaning.

Your statement contradicts all your previous statements. Yes, "an individual experiences a good or bad transit varies depending on their karma" and this is what I am telling from start. A true astrologer will tell you why birth time is important. Astrologers pause the universe and use the birth time to determine the location of planets during that particular time. With which 16 divisional varga charts can be made. Are these charts empty? they are filled with 9 planets. It will indicate a person's good and bad happenings including death during his/her life time. That good or bad fate will be realised when planets transit various houses which will concur with dasha and bhukthi of that individual. Also a true astrologer know that be it a good or bad things that happen to us is because of good or bad karmas committed by us in present and past birth. An individual's bad and good karma can be easily determined by one's natal chart which will foresee his/her sufferings during the life time. And that natal chart has nine planets and saturn being one (I can't believe I have to explain so much). Please consult any other astrologers to find my statement true (as I did today to confirm my reply to you). A true astrologer will not have ego to do that.
{Moderator deleted text}

Seriously this contradicts your previous statement - "His past karma, pertaining to that area of life indicated by his saturn placement, is what will determine the 'good' nature of his transit" and I cant agree more to this.
There is no contradiction. I'm glad you agree. Now let's focus on the part that matters.

Totally agreed. But Sade-Sati will be bad and the period following will do good is not entirely true for all the individuals in the world. As I had quoted in an example earlier of my close friend - his case was different as his ascendant had saturn as functional benefic and in good placement from lagna and natal moon.
Again, glad you agree. Why you are elaborating for individuals in the whole world I do not know. I'm overlooking this, and focusing on the important part.

It is my dear friend. The natal chart is the birth of everything. If you agree that suffering is the reason of karmas then that is already indicated in the natal chart and 16 varga charts help describing in which area of life it is. If you dont agree that human's suffering is because of karma, its futile task for me from now on.
I absolutely realize human suffering is a process of karma, nowhere do I indicate otherwise. Where I disagree with you is this belief that planets & vargas indicate karma based on experiences in past lives. The planets & their positions are merely a metaphysical arrangement. Rather these are pathways for the channeling of energy.

None of the planetary arrangements are karmicly superior / inferior. To say a planetary position in itself is evil (including its vargas, as you have done) is to validate evil as being an inherent part of the universe, and inescapable. This ascribes evil inherently to Gods creation (the universe), making God inherently evil as well (in part). But if you believe in an (partially) evil God, why struggle against evil? This belief uproots the foundation of good and evil. Considerations of good and evil become irrelevant.

Planetary positions are not evil, or good, they are ammoral. They are not karmic, they are metaphysical. The arrangements represent potential energy, like a circuit board.

Karmas role begins as either by chance at birth (the actions and consequences of ancestors leading to the present lifetime), or, most primarily, by human choices in the present lifetime. These create karma. That's because humanity has the capacity for good and evil, but planets do not. As for past lifetimes, in any literal way this is nonsense. There is no past life. You were not alive anywhere in the past. The most I am willing to interpret this phrase is figuratively, to represent a descent of actions & consequences originating in our ancestors. {Moderator deleted text}

Karma is a moral law, planets & their metaphysics do not represent ethics in any way.

Firstly I never said "planet gives results good or bad based on exaltation or debilitation". I mean I never used exaltation and debilitation. There is a famous saying in astrology which I translate literally in english - " when functional malefics conjunct malefics or lose power it gives vipareeta raja yoga". Sometimes a planet become debilitated in birth chart for a specific reason for specific thing to happen in life time.
You said this implicitly with reference to saturn in libra giving "good" results. The assumption here is saturn in libra being an exalted placement.

Last edited by a moderator:

arichinna

You do not understand. What is good? Good is not meaningful. If you describe events which may unfold, that's meaningful. If I say to you: this apple is GOOD, and you reply to me: "no this apple tastes BAD", would we be expressing anything besides our own subjective bias? No. Therefor use terms which have meaning. This is the point. Because I get tired of reading astrological text littered with the words good and bad, with no qualification and no meaning.

{Moderator deleted text}

There is no contradiction. I'm glad you agree. Now let's focus on the part that matters.

Again, glad you agree. Why you are elaborating for individuals in the whole world I do not know. I'm overlooking this, and focusing on the important part.

I absolutely realize human suffering is a process of karma, nowhere do I indicate otherwise. Where I disagree with you is this belief that planets & vargas indicate karma based on experiences in past lives. The planets & their positions are merely a metaphysical arrangement. Rather these are pathways for the channeling of energy.

None of the planetary arrangements are karmicly superior / inferior. To say a planetary position in itself is evil (including its vargas, as you have done) is to validate evil as being an inherent part of the universe, and inescapable. This ascribes evil inherently to Gods creation (the universe), making God inherently evil as well (in part). But if you believe in an (partially) evil God, why struggle against evil? This belief uproots the foundation of good and evil. Considerations of good and evil become irrelevant.

Planetary positions are not evil, or good, they are ammoral. They are not karmic, they are metaphysical. The arrangements represent potential energy, like a circuit board.

Karmas role begins as either by chance at birth (the actions and consequences of ancestors leading to the present lifetime), or, most primarily, by human choices in the present lifetime. These create karma. That's because humanity has the capacity for good and evil, but planets do not. As for past lifetimes, in any literal way this is nonsense. There is no past life. You were not alive anywhere in the past. The most I am willing to interpret this phrase is figuratively, to represent a descent of actions & consequences originating in our ancestors. For any literal belief of you living in a past life, I suggest you get your head examined.

Karma is a moral law, planets & their metaphysics do not represent ethics in any way.

You said this implicitly with reference to saturn in libra giving "good" results. The assumption here is saturn in libra being an exalted placement.

{Deleted by moderator} The way we look at karma is different. Now the debate has turned towards western vs. vedic which I am not here to argue. Your view of world is different from ours and with due respect I can't comment on that. Being in this thread I presumed you are well aware of the vedic principles and therefore the karma. You may wish to go and join forums such as Western astrology. The very fact you did not understand a lot of vedic specific terms reiterates that fact. Thank you again for a wonderful discussion. I have nothing to go personal. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

crazedrat

Banned
The point is now very clear. You are in a wrong forum which is dedicated for Vedic astrology whose origin is in Indian Sub continent. The way we look at karma is different. Now the debate has turned towards western vs. vedic which I am not here to argue. Your view of world is different from ours and with due respect I can't comment on that. Being in this thread I presumed you are well aware of the vedic principles and therefore the karma. You may wish to go and join forums such as Western astrology. The very fact you did not understand a lot of vedic specific terms reiterates that fact. Thank you again for a wonderful discussion. I have nothing to go personal. Good luck
People of any religious faith are allowed into this forum. This forum is not reserved soley for traditional hindus. The system of vedic astrology is separate from belief in hinduism. Practicing hinduism is not needed to understand vedic astrology. Vedic astrology is the correct, accurate form of astrology and for that reason I study it. I also study hinduism, but I do so from a purely mythological / metaphysical point of view. Western astrology uses the wrong ayanamsa, its predictions and its descriptions tend to be wrong. Furthermore since astrology originated in ancient religious systems such as with jyotish, they are the best source knowledge for study. Otherwise much information gets lost in translation. Studying western astrology would be a waste of my time.

Since you've named your right to believe as you wish, I will concede to respect your beliefs. Personally I relish the opportunity to rationally discuss higher learning & beliefs. When someone critically examines my beliefs, I take it as an opportunity to learn something.

Last edited:

arichinna

People of any religious faith are allowed into this forum. This forum is not reserved soley for traditional hindus.

Like you did not my usage of good (which can be used as both verb and noun), you did not get my context here. I never said you are not allowed here as a non-hindu. There are various religions in this region. Please don't digress

The system of vedic astrology is separate from belief in hinduism. Practicing hinduism is not needed to understand vedic astrology.
my contention was that you did not understand the basic principles of vedic astrology and you should have known the origin how things evolved in a subject like this which cant be proved entirely by science

Vedic astrology is the correct, accurate form of astrology and for that reason I study it.
Certainly and I am glad for that.

I repeat you "may" (as already quoted) wish to join other forums. I never forced. Like I said, I respect others beliefs and you may wish to chat with one who has belief along your lines. Thank you for a "good" conversation...

Last edited:

crazedrat

Banned
For the simple demonstration:
You are in a wrong forum
Now you should realize the importance of semantics; it is the difference between your inner knowledge and how that's communicated.
my contention was that you did not understand the basic principles of vedic astrology and you should have known the origin how things evolved in a subject like this which cant be proved entirely by science
I have examined & responded to your thoughts with critical analysis. As you neglected to respond to my latest post, either do so or do not discuss this topic further. I will only add that I am familiar with hinduism, I simply interpret it mythologically.

Last edited:

arichinna

Now you should realize the importance of semantics; it is the difference between your inner knowledge and how that's communicated.

Your contention has been addressed; and as you neglected to respond to my latest critical post, either do so or do not discuss this topic further.

Yes I understand the semantics but you should also see the words following where the word is used to understand the context. Wrong forum for what? for being a non-hindu? lol... Wrong forum was followed by the vedic astrology and not "western world" or "non-hindu".

Only in last quote you made clear you follow vedic astrology.

My contention always was you should have understood the way it evolved. But now since you have a different belief, I cant contend any more. It is up to you.

Again, thanks for "good" conversation. Take care.

crazedrat

Banned
Well... you could 'contend' (discuss, argue) if you understood your beliefs in a rational way. If you were able to articulate why you believe what you believe, you could make a case for it against my case. This is not required of you, but it's not impossible.
You are in a wrong forum which is dedicated for Vedic astrology whose origin is in Indian Sub continent. The way we look at karma is different.
The prevalent belief amongst the indian sub continent, and the one responsible for differences in how we look at karma, is belief in hinduism. For karma in particular, it is the hindu belief in past lives. So I am in the wrong forum because I do not believe in past lives. Yes, I think I understood you.

arichinna

The prevalent belief amongst the indian sub continent, and the one responsible for differences in how you 'we' look at karma, being belief in hinduism. For karma, it is the belief in past lives. So I am in the wrong forum, because I do not believe in past lives. Yes, I think I understood you..

Finally you understood. Yes, we believe in past lives. Maharishi Parasara text (trace of origin is close to 5400 B.C) in sanskrit which is widely referenced in vedic astrology (at least by me) was brought along those lines.

And regarding "contending", this would be like proving "God" to an atheist. I can't prove in such type about "past life". In that way, yes, I am incapable.

I respect others who don't believe in past lives too. Its just difference of opinion.

Last edited:

crazedrat

Banned
To say this is just a difference of opinion, and that this cannot be discussed, implies the opinion is based on nothing but a personal whim.

There are ways to rationally discuss the existence of God, to discuss past lives, to discuss many things. I attempted to engage you in this type of discussion and you shyed away from it. You take this belief on faith. You do not require a rational understanding for your belief. This is your personal standard of belief. This, to me, represents ignorance and ambivalence. But perhaps it represents true faith. This is a deeper philosophical question which I am in no mood to engage you in.

As for the rest of this thread, three times now you have accused me of not understanding you, and later proclaimed I've arrived at an understanding. In truth I arrived at nothing, but understood you clearly. Never have you questioned your own understanding. So I realize you have blind faith in yourself and what you believe. Engaging a philosophical discussion with a person of blind faith is not possible.

Last edited:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
All,

What started out as a good discussion has veered off topic to personal beliefs. If the thread continues to degrade, I will be closing down the thread. To be sure that all understand, EVERYONE is welcome in all the forums. Just no more personal attacks.

TK

arichinna

As the moderator's quote rightly say, everyone I meet here might be fighting a hard battle and I do too. With such mental state, I am not interested in discussing philosophical things here because I fear it "might" hurt personal sentiments and beliefs like you got offended over the discussion and I wish to apologize for that whatsoever the reason might be.

God bless all...