Love with foreigners or in foreign land

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
I know some aspects that could make you marry a foreigner or getting married far a way from your birth place:

Are there other aspects besides this ones?
-ruler of the 7th in the 9th
-Ruler of the 9th in the 7th
-Ruler of the 7th in Sagittarius.

I find this all quite interesting, as it appears that love and marriage with a foreigner is indicated in my chart (using Placidus house system).

I have:

- the ruler of my 7th (Mercury) in the 9th
- the ruler of my 7th (Mercury) in Sagittarius

Although, it would seem that just as many people who have loved/married foreigners do not have these indicators!? I guess, as always, the whole chart needs to be factored in :smile:

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
moog ~thank you for taking time with that.
the data was for a love affair, not a marriage.
in placidus system, my natal 9th venus pisces.
his natal jupiter conjunct his neptune and mars in sag. his venus sag. he is in u.s.
but of course, even among one's own countrymen/women, having these aspects or placements could indicate different relgious or cultural or class differences of the two, which could count for love with "foreigners"

Last edited:

Moog

moog ~thank you for taking time with that.
the data was for a love affair, not a marriage.
in placidus system, my natal 9th venus pisces.
his natal jupiter conjunct his neptune and mars in sag. his venus sag. he is in u.s.
but of course, even among one's own countrymen/women, having these aspects or placements could indicate different relgious or cultural or class differences of the two, which could count for love with "foreigners"

My pleasure, I needed an astro research project for the day.

The thing about love affairs vs. marriage is that love affairs might be more properly a 5th house matter.

I like making things complicated :lol:

I agree that 'foreign' could symbolise something 'unusual' rather than simply referring to foreign nationals.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
The thing about love affairs vs. marriage is that love affairs might be more properly a 5th house matter.

I like making things complicated :lol:

Great! Sometimes you need to get complicated!

I was thinking the same thing about the 5th and love affairs vs. 7th and marriage...

So, for example, if you had ruler of 5th (Moon) conjunct ruler of 9th (Pluto)...would that be an indication, do you think?

ddsingh

That's awesome my dad married a foreigner too!
I feel that I am going to marry a foreigner too by the looks of my chart, she may be artistic :love: - 9th house ruled by Libra - Ruler of 9th house- Venus in 5th house - Ruler of 11th house in 12th must be a spiritual/12th friend turn gf. Ruler of 7th, Leo in 5th house conjunct Venus. So yeah pretty much sums it up for me.

What about me? I read somewhere that i will marry in foreign country. I am also to NewZealand and US girls mostly. My Venus is in gemini in 5th house, Jupiter in 4th in gemini, Libra in 9th house, Venus conjuct jupiter, Venus opposition uranus, Uranus in eleventh house, Seventh house leo, Eleveth in sag?

Ixaee

My last relationships have been with foreigners, or men who were different races, and that's who I've always been attracted to the most!

I have;

• Venus in Sagittarius, in the 5th house
  • 5th house ruler Jupiter in its own 5th house, trining my Moon in 9th.
  • Moon in 9th house
  • 7th house (Aquarius), ruler Uranus in my 4th house ---- (foreigners in my home!)

My chart has "foreign relationships/love" written all over it! :kissing:

MaeMae

Banned
moog -
i once had a brief love affair for a month with an italian while i was astaying in rome. that was 5th house for sure.
a love affair with obligations and reciprocity is 7th, a relationship.
but anyway, we're talking about loving a foreign person and/or living in foreign land and i looked at my natal 9th ruler posited in my 4th, corroborating natal 4th ruler, neptune ruling of 9th house.
I have lived entire life on west coast of u.s.
but both point to home in foreign territory at end years. .i reckon that could even be in some kind of spiritual or religious territory.

lilly02

I have :
- Venus in Sagittarius in the 4th house ( Venus is the ruler of the 9th house)
- Neptune in Sagittarius in the 4th house ( Neptune is the ruler of the 7th house)
- Jupiter, the co-ruler of the 7th house and ruler of the 4th house squaring my Moon in the 8th house.

When I moved on a foreign land, my Pr Moon trined Jupiter ( repeated the natal contact) , Uranus arced IC and opposed MC ( exact aspect). Pluto in transit conjuncted Neptune in the 4th house, was in separate conjunction with IC cusp, squaring Asc. Saturn shifted houses, Progressed Mars changed sign some months before the relocation. Saturn squared Moon and Jupiter was on the Asc.

In my Solar Return all the return houses were on the same natal houses, but the Ascendant had the 2nd natal sign ( SR Asc on the 1st natal, 2nd on the 2nd natal, MC SR on MC natal, etc). . All SR angles were in cardinal signs - changes.
The return ruler of the SR Asc was angular ( conjunct the 7th natal house cusp). Saturn, ruler of the SR 4th was in the 9th SR house conjunct SR MC , SR Moon in the 9th SR house ( ruled the SR MC), Jupiter was angular ( conjunct natal Asc), Lilith was in the 9th SR house on the 9th natal house. Mercury, the natal Asc ruler was in the 4th SR house and ruled the 9th SR house and the 12th SR house. Pluto was the first natal planet to rise ( a major shift, a “first time” event) and the apex of a T-square with Venus and Jupiter.

My partner has natally:

- Ruler of the 5th in Sagittarius in the 2nd house squaring Jupiter in the 11th house
- Ruler of the 4th in the 1st house sextile Jupiter in the 11 th house and trine North Node in the 9th house
- Ruler of the 7th in 7th house - Venus in Taurus – final dispositor of the chart- squaring North Node in the 9th house
- North Node in the 9th house sextile Jupiter and Saturn, the co-ruler of the 4th house
- Moon , the 9th house ruler, trine Venus in the 7Th house, the 7th house ruler

We are engaged ( foreigners from different countries). My Progressed Sun on Desc, transiting Venus on the MC, transiting Mars exact conjunction with Solar return Asc. My SR Moon in the degree of the Nodes, Nodes on the IV-X axis ( conjunct IC- MC) the year of the engagement.
My partner has the Progressed Moon in the 4th, Moon in the degree of the Nodes for the engagement.

I can see that my Solar Return chart for our marriage ( next year) has the same angles as my partner’s natal chart ( 1 degree of difference), SR Vertex is in exact aspect on natal MC. My SR 7th house has his Sun sign. His solar return chart has my Sun sign on the 7th, and his SR MC is in the degrees of the Nodes. The Nodes are angular, too, in the both solar returns, NN –SN on 1-7 axis for both of us ( SR or natal axis).

I haven’t finished yet these analyses.
I like Solar Returns, but I have to find the natal aspects repeated in transits and progressions. :unsure:

Last edited:

cstarz

Hi Forgive me for entering.
Just like to also make a comment.
I have always seemed to have made contact
with and (for good or ill) been attracted to
places far away and I find men from other
cultures more appealing ~ Cultural Anthropology was one
of my University majors.

I have none of the above placements anywhere in
my natal chart.Gemini on the 9Th, Sag is in on the cusp of my 3rd house with Mercury there snuggled up against my IC.

However,Jupiter is in my 6th house in Aries which rules my 7th
house cusp of partnerships and other people= All of my friends
from the time I was able to be with others Independantly have been
from other countries.

whats interesting though and why I wanted to post this reply
is ~ My North Node:love: is directly IN the 9Th House

Just wanted to share and be helpful

lilly02

Hi Forgive me for entering.
Just like to also make a comment.
I have always seemed to have made contact
with and (for good or ill) been attracted to
places far away and I find men from other
cultures more appealing ~ Cultural Anthropology was one
of my University majors.

I have none of the above placements anywhere in
my natal chart.Gemini on the 9Th, Sag is in on the cusp of my 3rd house with Mercury there snuggled up against my IC.

However,Jupiter is in my 6th house in Aries which rules my 7th
house cusp of partnerships and other people= All of my friends
from the time I was able to be with others Independantly have been
from other countries.

whats interesting though and why I wanted to post this reply
is ~ My North Node:love: is directly IN the 9Th House

Just wanted to share and be helpful

Hi,

as you could see, my partner has North Node in the 9th house, too.
The NN here broaden the perspective, it is an auspicious placement for travels, long distance affairs or studying, publishing ( in function of the aspects).
I think NN in the 9th house is important.

Mimi

I didn't find any sign of international love in my chart, but all my love relations were with foreigners. What do you think, why it was like that? Is it 5th house in Aquarius?

Moog

I didn't find any sign of international love in my chart, but all my love relations were with foreigners. What do you think, why it was like that? Is it 5th house in Aquarius?

By my way of reading, you have Venus, ruling the 9th (and a standard significator of romance) in the 5th house with Rahu (the north node)

I married a foreigner and lived in his country for 7 years...

Jupiter in cancer conjunt mars in 11th house....
Jupiter the trad ruler of 7th house and 4th house....

Also my mars,which conjuncts Jupiter, is ruler of 9th house.

Last edited:

Mimi

By my way of reading, you have Venus, ruling the 9th (and a standard significator of romance) in the 5th house with Rahu (the north node)

I know i have Venus with Rahu in 5th in my jyotish chart (and i am also Virgo ascendant instead of Libra), but i don't know much about this way of reading and it look more complicated that Western astrology. Is it possible that my marriage partner will also be foreign or there are a signs for what Hindu astrologers call ''inter-caste marriage''?

Moog

I know i have Venus with Rahu in 5th in my jyotish chart (and i am also Virgo ascendant instead of Libra), but i don't know much about this way of reading and it look more complicated that Western astrology. Is it possible that my marriage partner will also be foreign or there are a signs for what Hindu astrologers call ''inter-caste marriage''?

I don't know if there are methods to determine the caste of a potential marriage partner. Interesting idea though. Perhaps the ruler gives a clue? Since the ruler of your 7th is Jupiter, perhaps a brahmin or equivalent.

For marriage partner it's the 7th house.

Rahu and the 9th ruler make no aspects or associations with Jupiter or the 7th that I can see, so perhaps you will marry someone closer to home, if you do marry.

Mimi

I don't know if there are methods to determine the caste of a potential marriage partner. Interesting idea though. Perhaps the ruler gives a clue? Since the ruler of your 7th is Jupiter, perhaps a brahmin or equivalent.

For marriage partner it's the 7th house.

Rahu and the 9th ruler make no aspects or associations with Jupiter or the 7th that I can see, so perhaps you will marry someone closer to home, if you do marry.

Thank you for the answer Moog! I can only wait to see. :) I hope Jupiter as a ruler is a good sign.. in Western chart, i have Mars in 2nd house as a ruler.

Moog

Thank you for the answer Moog! I can only wait to see. :) I hope Jupiter as a ruler is a good sign.. in Western chart, i have Mars in 2nd house as a ruler.

You're welcome.

Someone really skilled and experienced might be able to predict marriage. That's not me though :)

Mimi

You're welcome.

Someone really skilled and experienced might be able to predict marriage. That's not me though :)

I believe astrology give us changes and it is hard to predict anything. We would need to have really big knowledge for that, and Univers will always keep some secrets from us. :)

MaeMae

Banned
one thing i wonder ~
expats (of sorts) ~ gwynneth paltrow, madonna, johnny depp ~
they have adopted a lingual twist.
most people maintain a national-borne dialect when they find themselves in foreign lands for extended periods.

i find it extremely phony and telling of innate insecurity.

one thing i wonder ~
expats (of sorts) ~ gwynneth paltrow, madonna, johnny depp ~
they have adopted a lingual twist.
most people maintain a national-borne dialect when they find themselves in foreign lands for extended periods.

i find it extremely phony and telling of innate insecurity.

Yeah, funny, I lived in the uk for 7 years and I only very occasionally hear people mention my accent is slightly different. Its usually English people or someone with a very good ear that can hear the subtle change. I really have a hard time believing that amount of time in a foreign country can totally alter your language. It does seem phony. Although I did love

listening to expats of 10 plus years and hearing their funny syntactical mutations. Really

great.

Although I do think being married or similar to a native and living in their country can hasten your immersion. You want to communicate clearly, unfettered by cultural stigma, so you adopt phrases and the turn of speech pretty quickly.

Last edited: