Why im not losing weight

Abby83

Ok so ive decided to look at natal chart for this question -

why im currently not losing weight.

I do understand that I have moon conjunct Jupiter in the 1st. Yes I tend to overindulge at times. Currently im sticking to a plan where I have precise calories and activity levels and it has to be low carb for my diabetes. I just don't understand why the weight is not dropping off.

In progressed chart the moon is trining Saturn. I am definitely well disciplined but im sick of eating less than other ppl. Cos of diabetes I cant eat the usual carbohydrates like breads and cereals or sugar otherwise I gain weight rapidly and that's what happened.

My diabetes was triggered when progressed venus squared moon.

Do you think im not losing weight because im subconsciously eating more than I think?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_abby83_43062_11020.jpg
    astro_2gw_abby83_43062_11020.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 39

Alzander

Do you consume meat and dairy? That never helps.

Since becoming vegan I've lost a lot of weight, my skin glows and I've never felt so good.

I'm no expert but I'd say to significantly reduce weight and be fully committed you should probably be eating more raw fruit and vegetables...swap dairy for almond/soya milks etc....same goes for cheeses with alternatives like nut ones etc....and last but not least swap meats for beans, pulses etc...all will give you sufficient protein despite the common misconception. I love kale as a source of iron and calcium...hope this helps and that I don't come across like a snob lol but it shocked me how my body, mind and everything else changed so well as a result of becoming vegan.

I imagine it would help a lot with a condition like diabetes too.

Peace.

mdinaz

A modified Atkins diet works really well for me. Plenty of protein, low carb. Cut out sugar (this includes most fruits which make you fat). You must have cheat days during the week because the hard-core Atkins diet leads to massive carb withdrawals and relapses.
I eat plenty of meat protein, non-starchy vegetables, salads, dairy. No pasta, little bread, no grains like rice. No legumes (especially soy which is really bad). No fruit except green apples. Cheat days I eat whatever I want. I lost 20 lbs fairly quickly and it stayed off. Still like to lose maybe another 10. I have Jupiter in the 1st sextile Moon. You also need good levels of stomach acid, which vegetarians/vegans are often very deficient - because stomach acid production relies on B-12, which comes only from meat protein, as well as zinc which is also mostly meat-derived. Essential fatty acids are necessary, and the best source is saturated fat like butter and certain oils (not corn or soy oil which nearly all processed foods use). Fruit is too high in sugar and makes you fat - only safe ones are like green apples, grapefruit, and not much else. In ancient days people only ate fruit in the summer in season - now people eat it all the time and it is very fattening. Eggs are great.

Abby83

Do you consume meat and dairy? That never helps.

Since becoming vegan I've lost a lot of weight, my skin glows and I've never felt so good.

I'm no expert but I'd say to significantly reduce weight and be fully committed you should probably be eating more raw fruit and vegetables...swap dairy for almond/soya milks etc....same goes for cheeses with alternatives like nut ones etc....and last but not least swap meats for beans, pulses etc...all will give you sufficient protein despite the common misconception. I love kale as a source of iron and calcium...hope this helps and that I don't come across like a snob lol but it shocked me how my body, mind and everything else changed so well as a result of becoming vegan.

I imagine it would help a lot with a condition like diabetes too.

Peace.

Thanks. I have been told a few times that I should go vegetarian because of 6th house mars in Virgo. I have tried it but still found I needed to eat meat. I understand meat and dairy has a lot of calories but it stops me from indulging in carbs which is worse for me.

Abby83

A modified Atkins diet works really well for me. Plenty of protein, low carb. Cut out sugar (this includes most fruits which make you fat). You must have cheat days during the week because the hard-core Atkins diet leads to massive carb withdrawals and relapses.
I eat plenty of meat protein, non-starchy vegetables, salads, dairy. No pasta, little bread, no grains like rice. No legumes (especially soy which is really bad). No fruit except green apples. Cheat days I eat whatever I want. I lost 20 lbs fairly quickly and it stayed off. Still like to lose maybe another 10. I have Jupiter in the 1st sextile Moon. You also need good levels of stomach acid, which vegetarians/vegans are often very deficient - because stomach acid production relies on B-12, which comes only from meat protein, as well as zinc which is also mostly meat-derived. Essential fatty acids are necessary, and the best source is saturated fat like butter and certain oils (not corn or soy oil which nearly all processed foods use). Fruit is too high in sugar and makes you fat - only safe ones are like green apples, grapefruit, and not much else. In ancient days people only ate fruit in the summer in season - now people eat it all the time and it is very fattening. Eggs are great.

Thanks. I'm currently on this type of diet and it's stopped me from putting on weight. But I'm not losing. Do you exercise?

mdinaz

Thanks. I'm currently on this type of diet and it's stopped me from putting on weight. But I'm not losing. Do you exercise?

Only moderately and mostly when I'm doing chores (like working in the yard). I'm on my butt all day at work so that doesn't help. But exercise does less for you than you think as far as weight loss is concerned unless you are something like a professional swimmer or run a lot. The most important part is cutting out sugar and cheap carbs because they aren't used for immediate energy and go straight to fat. Also essential is enough sleep and cutting stress, which if not managed causes weight gain. For the first few weeks you may have to go hard-core and totally cut carbs and have no cheat days, but that is really hard to do and may cause relapses. But once past that, you won't crave them anymore. Simple walking is often all the exercise you need, it doesn't require hours on some exercise machine.

Abby83

My diabetes controlled diet - btw, fruit does really well for me but only twice a day and low sugar.

Breakfast - punnet blueberries/rockmelon/strawberries with 4T natural yogurt.

Lunch - 3 eggs with punnet of mushrooms or
Salad with carrot, two tomatoes, one cucumber and 100g feta cheese.

Dinner - fish or chicken or beef with vegetables cooked any way.

Snack - some fruit with natural yogurt like breakfast.

Abby83

Only moderately and mostly when I'm doing chores (like working in the yard). I'm on my butt all day at work so that doesn't help. But exercise does less for you than you think as far as weight loss is concerned unless you are something like a professional swimmer or run a lot. The most important part is cutting out sugar and cheap carbs because they aren't used for immediate energy and go straight to fat. Also essential is enough sleep and cutting stress, which if not managed causes weight gain. For the first few weeks you may have to go hard-core and totally cut carbs and have no cheat days, but that is really hard to do and may cause relapses. But once past that, you won't crave them anymore. Simple walking is often all the exercise you need, it doesn't require hours on some exercise machine.

Hmmm... see I already do that. I'm on my feet all day with the kids and doing house chores. I must have a very slow metabolism where my body produces it's own calories. Great for war times of no food, but terrible for times where there's more calories than ever!

Abby83

Exercise actually is the only thing that kept me slim but the problem is I no longer want to be an exerciser. Other than walking. Walking is fine but it doesn't make sense why I need so much exercise other than having a weak lymphatic system (12th ruler venus in detriment.)

mdinaz

Hmmm... see I already do that. I'm on my feet all day with the kids and doing house chores. I must have a very slow metabolism where my body produces it's own calories. Great for war times of no food, but terrible for times where there's more calories than ever!

It takes a while for the body to change over. When you eat the typical Western government food-pyramid diet (lots of carbs) your body is actually in storage/war mode, thinking that at some point the good times will end. So everything goes to fat. It can take weeks, even a few months, before it starts burning your fat instead of storing it. That's why the cheat days are important, to keep the body from going back to storage mode. I tried the regular Atkins in the past and while I lost weight, sticking to it was very difficult and the body went into storage mode very quickly. With the cheat days, that doesn't happen any more. You may not lose weight as quickly, but it will stay off permanently without relapse. The hardest part is getting past the first month or two when you still have cravings.

Abby83

It takes a while for the body to change over. When you eat the typical Western government food-pyramid diet (lots of carbs) your body is actually in storage/war mode, thinking that at some point the good times will end. So everything goes to fat. It can take weeks, even a few months, before it starts burning your fat instead of storing it. That's why the cheat days are important, to keep the body from going back to storage mode. I tried the regular Atkins in the past and while I lost weight, sticking to it was very difficult and the body went into storage mode very quickly. With the cheat days, that doesn't happen any more. You may not lose weight as quickly, but it will stay off permanently without relapse. The hardest part is getting past the first month or two when you still have cravings.

I agree.

On a side note, if I'm a jupiterian woman, it makes sense for me to also focus on looking after my liver. Just something I realised.

Rawiri

Alright. Well, this is non-astrological so let's see if it stays up...and I'm no doctor (I actually left medical school when I had a "self-crisis" lol) yada yada but you might want to look into the work of Jason Fung.

https://idmprogram.com/blog/

He had a whole series on basic protocol there but I can't find it right now.

Although, if you are currently breast feeding I would wager it is not entirely suitable at least not in a more major form. (I removed pre-diabetes issues with fasting - not following his protocol mind you and for my own other purposes, but it was one side-effect). Also happens to be very effective for losing weight of course...

For exercise, to increase metabolism (and also help keep blood sugar levels lower) I would recommend looking into the work of Pete Cerqua (90 Second Fitness Solution). The initial "steps" are basically performing the plank for 90 seconds and a wall sit for 90 seconds. Which very readily develops strength in many major muscles of the body and takes 3 minutes, 5 times a day.

Even a busy mother such as yourself should be able to manage that. And it does quite a bit in that small period of time.

EDIT: Found the series - https://idmprogram.com/fasting-regimens-part-6/

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

Astrologically, you have just what I had suspected, Jupiter in the first house. It is also in a square to Mars, which rules the Asc. (physical constitution). You also have the Moon in the first house, which could give a roundish face as well as a tendency to retain water. It also may give a rounded/fuller chest area.

Non-astrologically speaking, fruit is excellent, any fruit generally speaking. However, with diabetes, you might want to go easy on bananas, mangoes and the really sweet fruit. What really helps to lose weight are three rules:

1) cut out items made of white flour: bread, rolls, cookies, cakes, pasta, etc.
2) try to eat very less after 6:30 pm
3) try to go very easy on sugar and table salt

Alone that helps so much.

Abby83

Hi,

Astrologically, you have just what I had suspected, Jupiter in the first house. It is also in a square to Mars, which rules the Asc. (physical constitution). You also have the Moon in the first house, which could give a roundish face as well as a tendency to retain water. It also may give a rounded/fuller chest area.

Non-astrologically speaking, fruit is excellent, any fruit generally speaking. However, with diabetes, you might want to go easy on bananas, mangoes and the really sweet fruit. What really helps to lose weight are three rules:

1) cut out items made of white flour: bread, rolls, cookies, cakes, pasta, etc.
2) try to eat very less after 6:30 pm
3) try to go very easy on sugar and table salt

Alone that helps so much.

Thank you aquarius7000. I haven't been able to eat white flour products and cereal and dairy for a long time and it seems to get worse with age. I currently eat fruit veg meat feta cheese yogurt eggs. I feel good, but I'm not losing weight.

Astrologically, what exactly are you saying. I know those are my aspects but does Jupiter in first mean I'm going to inflate even if I eat well or does it mean I have a tendency to overindulge without knowing eg I think I'm eating well when I'm really eating s lot. What does the Jupiter square Mars mean? I mean I know it causes weight gain but is it cod of overindulgence? And lastly do I have a lymphatic condition I may have to get help with? Or do you think I'm normal?