9th house

chris10

My 9th house is empty so I have to look at the ruler of the 9th which is venus.
Venus is in the 11th house using placidus/ in the 12th using whole signs.
Venus trines mars (orb 30') ruler of the 3rd and the 8th.
>> opposes jupiter (orb 1 degree) ruler of 4th and 7th houses.
>> squares moon (orb 2 degrees) ruler of the 11th house.
>> conjucts mercury (orb 8 degrees) ruler of 1st and 10 th houses.
>> semi squares saturn, trines neptune and widely sextiles pluto.

conspiracy theorist

I'd say that your religious tendencies are more rooted in the social cohesiveness/ societal need aspect than the more mystical and esoteric. I don't see a draw to deeper philosophical interests per se. Congregating and worshiping with others, taking part in holidays that bring the community and family together, trying to uphold moral attitudes that result in a well running society - this seems to be the focus of your religiosity.

This is because the ruler of your 9th house is Venus, and she is located in the 11th house of wider community. Also Jupiter (natural sig. for spirituality) is located within another social house - the 5th. Both are located in fixed signs so one might say that you're not iconoclastic in your faith - you very much are rooted in long held and established spiritual systems. Venus opposite Jupiter might indicate that there is much merriment and sociability in the way you manifest your spiritual attitudes. You may be subscribed to the overly kind and compassionate aspects of religion which if you're not careful, may become to flaccid and lenient in its attitudes. To use an example of what I'me getting at, take for instance the refugee crises that is hitting Europe - well meaning and open armed acceptance has resulted in barbaric elements taking advantage of the kindness of the givers. This might be something that you battle with in life.

With a Virgo Rising, Mercury Rx (Rx planets have an air of rebellion to them according to certain circles) opposed to Jupiter (religion) and an elevated and prominent Saturn in Gemini , there might be skepticism or outright rejection of the more magical, mythical or esoteric claims within spiritual circles. Nevertheless, this doesn't stop you from seeing the validity in spirituality as a whole.

chris10

Thank you so much for your time CT.
You are getting quite good at this.

I'd say that your religious tendencies are more rooted in the social cohesiveness/ societal need aspect than the more mystical and esoteric. I don't see a draw to deeper philosophical interests per se. Congregating and worshiping with others, taking part in holidays that bring the community and family together, trying to uphold moral attitudes that result in a well running society - this seems to be the focus of your religiosity.

This is because the ruler of your 9th house is Venus, and she is located in the 11th house of wider community. Also Jupiter (natural sig. for spirituality) is located within another social house - the 5th.

Correct. I will do all that, not because of any deep religious need but because I ''have to'' due to societal expectations; not always though - just whenever I feel I can go along with all this which explains why I used to be considered the Black Sheep in the family.

Both are located in fixed signs so one might say that you're not iconoclastic in your faith - you very much are rooted in long held and established spiritual systems.
Yes!

Venus opposite Jupiter might indicate that there is much merriment and sociability in the way you manifest your spiritual attitudes.

CT how would you interpret this aspect if we used whole signs -venus in the 12th and jupiter in the 6th?
I would be really interested in your opinion.

There have been times in my life I found monasteries very appealing; I love the seclusion, the peace you find there. The rare times I have actually prayed in my life were in monasteries in total seclusion.

You may be subscribed to the overly kind and compassionate aspects of religion which if you're not careful, may become to flaccid and lenient in its attitudes. To use an example of what I'me getting at, take for instance the refugee crises that is hitting Europe - well meaning and open armed acceptance has resulted in barbaric elements taking advantage of the kindness of the givers. This might be something that you battle with in life.
I see what you mean.
I am aware of the tendency.
I feel guilty for what I have. I believe that people who are lucky enough to live a life not deprived of the basic needs should help those less fortunate.
However, when you feed a stray dog in the street even though you may not expect it to love you back, you definitely would not expect it to bite you.

With a Virgo Rising, Mercury Rx (Rx planets have an air of rebellion to them according to certain circles) opposed to Jupiter (religion) and an elevated and prominent Saturn in Gemini , there might be skepticism or outright rejection of the more magical, mythical or esoteric claims within spiritual circles. Nevertheless, this doesn't stop you from seeing the validity in spirituality as a whole.
Skepticism is my middle name.
I have always believed in a Higher Power but not in the strict sense of Religions.

It's been about two hours I've written my reply to you but I haven't submitted it yet because I am not sure I should include/post something I experienced 5-6 months ago while a family member was in hospital.

I think I'll just let it go for now. I don't feel I have the energy to fight off fanatic opposition I may encounter.

conspiracy theorist

CT how would you interpret this aspect if we used whole signs -venus in the 12th and jupiter in the 6th?
I would be really interested in your opinion.

There have been times in my life I found monasteries very appealing; I love the seclusion, the peace you find there. The rare times I have actually prayed in my life were in monasteries in total seclusion.

If I look at your chart in whole signs, a lot of placements change. Recently, I've become more cognizant of elevated planets and their influence in the life. For you, that would be Saturn and traditionally Saturn signified cloistered monks and secluded people in general. So natally your attraction to monasteries isn't without logic. Having a Virgo Rising + Scorpio Moon might also indicate someone who values a focused and quiet atmospheres where they are able to ponder, and hash out their issues privately.

In whole signs, all of your religious indicators fall in "dark" houses - 12th, 8th and 6th. Venus in 12, Mars (rules 3rd) in 8th and Jupiter in the 6th. That would indicate more negative experiences surrounding your religious experiences. More rebelliousness, disillusion, and conflict. If not so dramatic (especially because most of them are benefic planets) then religion takes a backseat in life.Venus in the 12th ruling 9th however, would incline you to be attracted to secluded places for worship, definitely.

It's been about two hours I've written my reply to you but I haven't submitted it yet because I am not sure I should include/post something I experienced 5-6 months ago while a family member was in hospital.

I think I'll just let it go for now. I don't feel I have the energy to fight off fanatic opposition I may encounter.

If you think it's relevant to this thread, you could be PM me the experience. I don't see who would possibly be dumb enough to oppose something you've experienced without all the facts of the case.

chris10

If I look at your chart in whole signs, a lot of placements change. Recently, I've become more cognizant of elevated planets and their influence in the life. For you, that would be Saturn and traditionally Saturn signified cloistered monks and secluded people in general. So natally your attraction to monasteries isn't without logic. Having a Virgo Rising + Scorpio Moon might also indicate someone who values a focused and quiet atmospheres where they are able to ponder, and hash out their issues privately.
Elevated Saturn makes sense.

In whole signs, all of your religious indicators fall in "dark" houses - 12th, 8th and 6th. Venus in 12, Mars (rules 3rd) in 8th and Jupiter in the 6th. That would indicate more negative experiences surrounding your religious experiences. More rebelliousness, disillusion, and conflict. If not so dramatic (especially because most of them are benefic planets) then religion takes a backseat in life.Venus in the 12th ruling 9th however, would incline you to be attracted to secluded places for worship, definitely.
I have no negative experience through religion and I do not feel like I could live in secluded places for long but I do enjoy the spirituality one finds in total seclusion. Let me put it this way. If I could spend a month on vacation on the most beautiful island or a month in a monastery I would choose the latter.

If you think it's relevant to this thread, you could be PM me the experience. I don't see who would possibly be dumb enough to oppose something you've experienced without all the facts of the case.
You are the only one who has interest in this thread so I'll just write here.
I met a young muslim girl who had a NDE and she met a man in light which her Muslim mother identified as Jesus Christ after the description the girl gave her. She also described a woman who hugged her and from the description of the girl the mother revealed that that was her dead mother whom the girl had never met.
That's it.
I had heard of NDEs in the past, maybe decades ago, but had no real interest in finding out more on them. I live in a society which is not very open to such and maybe those who have had any such experiences even keep them to themselves out of fear of being considered mentally ill.
After I met this girl, I started research on NDEs and discovered that a lot of people have had such experiences. That's when I re-stumbled upon Akiane and this time I really paid attention.

conspiracy theorist

I have no negative experience through religion and I do not feel like I could live in secluded places for long but I do enjoy the spirituality one finds in total seclusion. Let me put it this way. If I could spend a month on vacation on the most beautiful island or a month in a monastery I would choose the latter.

Looks like Placidus works better in your case. (well, my own reading of the two house systems anyway.)

You are the only one who has interest in this thread so I'll just write here.
I met a young muslim girl who had a NDE and she met a man in light which her Muslim mother identified as Jesus Christ after the description the girl gave her. She also described a woman who hugged her and from the description of the girl the mother revealed that that was her dead mother whom the girl had never met.
That's it.
I had heard of NDEs in the past, maybe decades ago, but had no real interest in finding out more on them. I live in a society which is not very open to such and maybe those who have had any such experiences even keep them to themselves out of fear of being considered mentally ill.
After I met this girl, I started research on NDEs and discovered that a lot of people have had such experiences. That's when I re-stumbled upon Akiane and this time I really paid attention.

lol, it shows that you live in such a society as this experience you've relayed isn't all that controversial/out of the ordinary in other societies (and I think you're safe on an astrology forum)

I actually remember us speaking about this on my thread. Anything changed since then? Are you more "open" now that you've had that experience?

AppLeo

My 9th house is empty so I have to look at the ruler of the 9th which is venus.
Venus is in the 11th house using placidus/ in the 12th using whole signs.
Venus trines mars (orb 30') ruler of the 3rd and the 8th.
>> opposes jupiter (orb 1 degree) ruler of 4th and 7th houses.
>> squares moon (orb 2 degrees) ruler of the 11th house.
>> conjucts mercury (orb 8 degrees) ruler of 1st and 10 th houses.
>> semi squares saturn, trines neptune and widely sextiles pluto.

Your faith or religion probably revolves around people. With the ruler being Venus, you care about relationships; they are your fundamental beliefs. This is only reinforced when Venus is placed in the 11th house of the group and friends. Are you a collectivist?? :lol:

With Venus opposing Jupiter, it means that you are unwilling to listen to other people's philosophies. With it squaring moon, these relationships are probably a burden to you. You are in these relationships because you feel like you have to and they may harbor resentment.

Venus conjunct mercury suggests that you have these relationships for intellectual and logical reasons, not necessarily out of love or true companionship.

Venus semi square saturn suggests have an overly structured way of viewing relationships. You close yourself off before giving the relationship a chance, and have a tendency to preserve a relationship longer than it should be. With the trine to neptune, this helps ease relationships. You see the positives and the benefits people give you so that the relationships can happen. You have the ability to love people unconditionally.
That's just what I think.

The venus trine mars means that you're good at establishing your own independence in a relationship and you find your independence when you are with other people.

Last edited:

chris10

Looks like Placidus works better in your case. (well, my own reading of the two house systems anyway.)
I guess so. I would have been a total recluse with whole sign placements.

lol, it shows that you live in such a society as this experience you've relayed isn't all that controversial/out of the ordinary in other societies (and I think you're safe on an astrology forum)
She's a Muslim and she witnessed Jesus !!!

I actually remember us speaking about this on my thread. Anything changed since then? Are you more "open" now that you've had that experience?
I met the girl 5 months ago. That's when I started research on NDEs and restumbled upon Akiane whom I mentioned in one of your threads.

Yes, I feel I have changed after that.
I've been angry at God my whole life. Not because he ''deprived'' me of what I have wanted/thought I have wanted but because of the suffering so many people endure.
Now, at least, I don't feel angry any more.
We all have our own cross to bear. We have choices. It's up to us.
What's the meaning of Life?
It's all about Love.

chris10

Your faith or religion probably revolves around people. With the ruler being Venus, you care about relationships; they are your fundamental beliefs. This is only reinforced when Venus is placed in the 11th house of the group and friends.
Not so much

Are you a collectivist?? :lol:
I would rather be called a humanist. I am for the weak and defenseless aka children and I despise any form of ''fraud'', injustice, call it what you may. I don't care if it comes from the Poor or the Rich.

With Venus opposing Jupiter, it means that you are unwilling to listen to other people's philosophies. With it squaring moon, these relationships are probably a burden to you. You are in these relationships because you feel like you have to and they may harbor resentment.
I listen to people's philosophies, I just don't accept them if I disagree with them. At this point in my life, the only people who are in my life are those who really matter. I have discarded the rest.

Venus conjunct mercury suggests that you have these relationships for intellectual and logical reasons, not necessarily out of love or true companionship.
I think I understand what you mean. Some people who are in my life are here because I like them and they probably like me. I don't think it has anything to do with True Love.

Venus semi square saturn suggests have an overly structured way of viewing relationships. You close yourself off before giving the relationship a chance, and have a tendency to preserve a relationship longer than it should be. With the trine to neptune, this helps ease relationships. You see the positives and the benefits people give you so that the relationships can happen. You have the ability to love people unconditionally.
That's just what I think.
I am quite reserved and don't open up easily in real life but I do open up when I feel the intentions of the other are good. I can love unconditionally only those who are pure aka children and animals.

The venus trine mars means that you're good at establishing your own independence in a relationship and you find your independence when you are with other people.
I love the ''i'' word :lol: