Defy aging? Which sign aspects look the youngest?

smilingsteph

Hello all!

What makes one look young?

What aspects can help fight the signs of aging?
The vitality of the Leo?
The gentleness of a Pisces?
Connections to playful mercury?
Venus rising?

Do people tell you that you look young? Or do you appear more mature in looks?

I usually get the "how old are you?"
and then I say "30"
They at first dont believe it, then they say
"I bet you dont have kids yet"

I hear lots of kids can keep you young, but take it away in other ways :wink:

What do you all think?

HeyPlayGirl

i've always heard virgo suns looks younger but now that i know the sun doesn't have to do with appearance, i'm assuming virgo risings?
any case, i'm a virgo sun with a scorpio rising and everyone says i look young. i'm 25 and i got carded like a year ago when buying super glue. silly but true. and my mom, and ex bf are virgo suns also, and they both get told they look a lot younger too so i don't know.

i know this isn't what you asked but i think it's interesting anyway so i'll add it, i also read that males with fire rising signs bald younger! geuss that's the opposite of what you want :biggrin:

Hello all!

What makes one look young?

What aspects can help fight the signs of aging?
The vitality of the Leo?
The gentleness of a Pisces?
Connections to playful mercury?
Venus rising?

Do people tell you that you look young? Or do you appear more mature in looks?

I usually get the "how old are you?"
and then I say "30"
They at first dont believe it, then they say
"I bet you dont have kids yet"

I hear lots of kids can keep you young, but take it away in other ways :wink:

What do you all think?

Last edited:

Damo Mayo

Gemini is the sign of the perennial teenager. My parents both look years younger than they are, and look at Cyndi Lauper at the age of 57! Check out her chart! 20th June 1952 in Queen's New York. Anyone know her time of birth?

freedomlover

My mother had Virgo rising, with Mercury conjunct Neptune on the Ascendant.
She died of cancer at 58, but her face was still almost entirely wrinkle-free. Mercury in Virgo is also dispositor of all of that.

I've always been told I look much younger than I am. When my oldest daughter was 21, we were asked if we were sisters. I was usually told I looked at least 10 years younger than I really was. I have Capricorn rising, with Mars and Venus in the 1st - Saturn in Pisces dispositing all of it.

One of my male friends will be 49 this year. He looks 30. He is Sagittarius rising, with Venus conjunct the Ascendant, all disposited by Jupiter in Capricorn in the 1st. He also has Saturn in Cap in the 1st.

The common denominator in all of that seems to be the abundance of Earth - either Earth sign rising and/or dispositor in Earth and/or Earth planets in the 1st.

I have a male friend who is 51 and has Virgo rising. He looks at least his age, maybe much older than he is, despite the fact that he has a very healthy lifestyle. He has zero planets in the 1st, and the dispositor of his Ascendant is Mercury in Aquarius.

LibraScorpion91

My Aries Sun/Virgo Rising sis is 32 or 33, but she looks 22! I must say that Virgo Rising can make you look young, but in a very graceful way. Older people (60+) constantly mistake my sis for being a teen! But then again, i'm a Libra Sun/Scorpio Rising, and i look 12, when i'm turning 18 in october. I'm very "kiddie" in apperance, and it's not in a graceful way, either! The only thing "Scorpio" about me are my eyes... so, genetics, maybe?

R4VEN

... so, genetics, maybe?
Perhaps this is one area where genetics does count!! Singer, Cliff Richard, now approaching age 69, has always looked a lot younger than his years, and his stock answer to the question: To what do you attribute your youthful looks? has always been: `My mother - she has always looked youthful and healthy.'

I was always told that Leo's - ruled by the sun - are youthful in appearance. Sometimes this is true - look at Madonna, Mick Jagger, Sean Penn, Dustin Hoffman (he's 72 for gosh sakes!!!), Bill Clinton.

The combination of Leo sun, Cap rising - which Hoffman has - can describe a youthful appearance, which does not so much age, but get better, which is the Cap rising influence.

My oldest son is a Cancerian with Virgo rising, and he was always asked for ID when he went into pubs and ordered drinks, even when he was 28 or so!! It's only now, at age 35, and with receding hair, that he no longer needs to produce proof of age.

lilllybelle

I would say people with strong mercurian emphasis. Sun in virgo or gemini rising that kind of thing. I'm a virgo rising with a sun in gemini. People usually think I'm anywhere from 3-8 years younger than I am.

Now what placement would make one look older than you are- heavy saturn placement? Just ignore that question though because I don't want to get us off subject here.

starlink

I think it is in your genes or not and how young you feel and how you express, dress, behave yourself that makes you look your age or younger. I do see that Gemini is usually young looking, also they can be more child like (inner child wants to keep on playing and not growing up). That give the youngish impression about them as well.

lilllybelle

I think it is the gemini curiosity about life that keeps us young. We are forever students always eager to learn something new. Life stimulates us. Even when we are 82 and covered in wrinkles, our minds are usually swift and alive.

I also believe it runs in the genes. My virgoan grandmother and father never looked their age either.

It could be how active mercurian type people are. When my boyfriend and I watch a movie, I get up about 6 times to get something to eat, run to the bathroom etc. He, on the other hand, just sits there. We are both geminis, but I got that extra dose of mercurian energy by having virgo rising.

Last edited:

GreenMist

Banned
I think gemini are often quite restless and burn themselves out and virgo are too obsessive with detail and can become quite stressed.

I think the best signs for staying young are Taurus ( peaceful and stable) and Capricorn ( durable and self sufficient).

Kate Moss who is a cap, despite her hetic lifestyle has managed to stay quite youthful.

HeyPlayGirl

ok i was looking up beatles stuff online cuz i was bored and saw a photo of paul mccartney and to me even at his age he still has a "baby" face, so i told mysefl to look up his brithdate and whatever sign he is, is the answer and he is a GEMINI haha so i guess i will go with my first answer virgo, and also gemini.:sideways:

which is good becayse i have a virgo sun and gemini moon (i know i know moon sign doesn't have to do with appearance i'm jk :wink:)

now i'm not saying i totally believe in the magi nor am i saying i DONT believe, i'm barely learning about them but they say that if you have neptune in a complimentary aspect to your sun sign it is called the "fountain of youth" aspect so who knows! my son is a gemini sun with sun trine neptune so maybe he'll age well!!

hermetic

gemini and cancer risings in my experience. which is understandable considering moon and mercury symbolics

my mom is a cancer rising, and while close to 60, grey hair and wrinkles, still has some child-like aura. and eyes.
i am also cancer rising and am usually guessed at least 3-4 years younger than my actual age

siamese_dream

My aunt is turning 61 in a few days, and she looks 35-40. Her skin is just incredible (no lines, no wrinkles...and no cosmetic surgery or anything)! She is a Virgo sun/Pisces moon/Aries rising.

My mom is 62 and she looks like she's in her early 50s. She is very energetic and is always moving around. She says she feels 40. She is a Leo sun/Cap moon/Cancer rising w/ Merc in h1.

I'm a Gem sun, and I think that I look younger than 22. :tongue:

So perhaps it is a mercurial influence!

natasa812

I agree. Gemini definitely. So, it is Mercury.
They look not only young but somehow childish and playfull with that constant brightesome expression on their face.

unusual_suspect

There is a definite case for people with strong Virgo and Gemini placements looking youthful. I think Pisceans and Cancerians also age pretty well as they have a softness and roundness about their features, they often still have puppy fat and chubby cheeks well in to their 30's.

I can vouch for strong Saturn placements. I am 32 and I have Saturn conjuct my ascendant. When I was a teenager I was quite fat with bad acne and really not much to look at, I have blossomed as I have got older!

Incidentally, I have no fillings and absolutely perfect, healthy teeth, I am the only person I know of my age who has never had to have any dental work, so maybe Saturn has kept me young in that respect!

Last edited:

Northstar10

All the earth signs are good about keeping the body young. Taurus desires sustenance, longevity, and to experience permanence. Virgos are health freaks. And Capricorn is most identified by astrologers that I've read as being the sign of reverse aging.