Am I depressed?

julia_Rodes

I know this is a strange question to be asking in a Horary forum. Especially as I am a practicing psychiatrist. But I am honestly curious.

I have been unhappy over a man for some months now. As ever, it's complicated. It's got to a point where I am gradually reducing contact with the intention of stopping it altogether. I can't be his friend.

I am crying every day, desperately unhappy, not eating, not sleeping, unable to take pleasure in anything, just want to not feel like this any more. I felt like this once before, some years ago, and eventually saw my own doctor who diagnosed depression, and six months of treatment later, I was a new person. I have avoided seeing my doctor so far because I keep thinking that my feelings are the result of heartbreak, not depression. But increasingly, I can't tell the difference.

I've little experience of medical or health horaries. I would be very grateful for any advice.

Julia

Attachments

• IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 40

IleneK

Premium Member
With your successful history with treatment of depression and the repeating symptoms you are experiencing now, I would recommend you see your doctor again. It seems s/he may be helpful again.

As for horary, I don't think a chart can answer this question. But you can; you have.

I am sorry for your suffering and am truly wishing you well.

With your successful history with treatment of depression and the repeating symptoms you are experiencing now, I would recommend you see your doctor again. It seems s/he may be helpful again.

As for horary, I don't think a chart can answer this question. But you can; you have.

I am sorry for your suffering and am truly wishing you well.

I second this.

What has happened over the past while that may have triggered the relapse of depression? Did you surrender treatment (i.e. medication)? Has he exhibited traits of any sort of abusive behavior (neglect, verbal, etc.) or has he merely changed in nature and isn't quite the man you thought he was?

Come on bud, I know you know the answer to this already. I don't think it needs a chart. It's clear you're experiencing signs of mild-depression; but I wonder if it is situational as opposed to depression itself?

[edit]

I reread what you wrote. This is a recent break up with someone that probably had a lasting impact on you. This is temporary but I highly suggest you work this out with your doctor and not sit there in your own **** like I did with my ex. I exploded online which only allowed her friends to kick me down further when I was down (and they all, including Cris, took pleasure in it). Don't do this. Be quite and work with your friends and professionals.

Also; we're all here for you. Keep strong and carry on. :)

Last edited:

tikana

I know this is a strange question to be asking in a Horary forum. Especially as I am a practicing psychiatrist. But I am honestly curious.

I have been unhappy over a man for some months now. As ever, it's complicated. It's got to a point where I am gradually reducing contact with the intention of stopping it altogether. I can't be his friend.

I am crying every day, desperately unhappy, not eating, not sleeping, unable to take pleasure in anything, just want to not feel like this any more. I felt like this once before, some years ago, and eventually saw my own doctor who diagnosed depression, and six months of treatment later, I was a new person. I have avoided seeing my doctor so far because I keep thinking that my feelings are the result of heartbreak, not depression. But increasingly, I can't tell the difference.

I've little experience of medical or health horaries. I would be very grateful for any advice.

Julia

I believe there's depression
Venus conj merc
Venus is, lord of 12th
Angular - not long term