Full moon of may -eclipse and VESAK

leomoon

Sunday evening, (May 15th-to 16) Arizona MT will be a Blood Moon starting at about 8:30 PM you can see it for about 1.5 hours the Lunar Eclipse

Earth-Sky.com

Unlike a solar eclipse, which requires special equipment to observe safely, you can watch a lunar eclipse with unaided eyes. A pair of binoculars allows you to see an impressive amount of detail on the moon, but you can watch a lunar eclipse without any gear from anywhere you could see the full moon.
The moon will dim to a dull charcoal color before it turns blood red, and the color can vary significantly from one eclipse to the next depending on the particles in our planet’s atmosphere. Clouds of ash thrown into the stratosphere by a recent volcanic eruption in the Kingdom of Tonga in the southern Pacific Ocean, for example, may turn the moon's face an even deeper shade of red than a typical lunar eclipse.

Last edited:

leomoon

observers may notice that, during totality, the sky surrounding the moon will appear much darker, revealing nearby bright stars. The orange-colored star Antares, for instance, which will be visible to the bottom left of the moon. Sky-watchers away from light pollution may even be able to spot the glow of the Milky Way during the eclipse. This eclipse marks the first of two total lunar eclipses visible from North America this year. The next one will be on November 8, and coincidentally, it will last almost exactly as long as the May 15 eclipse.
The eclipse this spring, however, will occur earlier in the night, making it the perfect opportunity to stay up and watch the celestial show.

dr. farr

Given the current situation in Eastern Europe it’s no wonder that Antares is prominent in this event; thanks for pointing that out:happy:

CapAquaPis

In 25' Scorpio conjunct my natal Uranus in the 5th, while the current sun is in 25' Taurus close to my Uranus as of 5/15/2022. It's the reddest lunar eclipse in 3 decades since the Mount Pinatubo eruption in the Philippines in June 1991.

leomoon

We went out at about 8:00 to watch it, but it was quite dark by then. Husband said, "I need to get my air rifle" :sad: :crying: I said, "WHY, are you going to shoot the moon?"
He said, "No, to see the craters".....it has a great scope on it. I put 2 lawn chairs back to back to hold the rifle and perch it to see better - This Scorpio Lunar Ecl. is cj. his SN & Jupiter in the 1st house so I always clutch my teeth for him anyway, as he's had enough sadness in his long life to last 2 or more lifetimes.

We didn't stay long, but it was very red.....

Did remind me of Europe and Putin's bloody karma. :sad::pouty: And of course all the killings in Buffalo NY yesterday from a 18 yr old white supremacist far right kid and then in a church in California later in the day. The parishioners managed to subdue and hogtie the shooter and killer.

Lots of people raising killers these days I suppose- or at least they are getting their politics online & TV as this kid told the FBI: (We don't know yet the politics of the parents) The child looks very disconnected in the photo with his parents.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/15/fbi-interviews-parents-of-alleged-buffalo-shooter-payton-gendron/?utm_campaign=nypevening&utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20220515&lctg=6079acb5703029470393bd23&utm_term=NYP%20-%20Evening%20Update

Last edited: