I’m always in detriment or fall

Abby83

I'd say being constantly in detriment in horary has everything to do with the circumstances in which you're casting horary charts, and those are the usual kinds of circumstances that impel people to post horary charts on this site. Nobody turns to horary for situations that are working out great. If everything's going well, you don't feel a need for advice.

If you're in a situation that's causing you problems, and they're not problems you can solve on your own, of course you're going to be represented in horary by a hindered planet. That reflects the hindrance you're already experiencing in the situation you cast the chart for.

As for the natal charts, I think that reflects you having people in your life who are challenged by relationships of the type that you have with them--or, more accurately, need that kind of relationship to be different from the usual. If, for example, you have a spouse/partner whose seventh house and/or its ruler is significantly challenged, they're probably going to have some significant challenges, in general, with couple relationships, no matter who they're coupled with. If that person is you, then you get to be represented by that planet.

But challenges are relative. Maybe you're in relationship with someone who needs something different from the usual in that kind of relationship. Maybe you're someone who can provide it.

However, relationship astrology is not that simple. Not even close. Don't boil yourself down to just a planet in someone's natal chart. If you're doing relationship astrology between you and a particular person, look at the big picture: the synastry, the composites, all of that. If you find yourself repeatedly having the same kinds of relationship problems, no matter who you're in relationship with, that's likely to be reflected as a challenge in your own chart, or a result of you suppressing something that's strong in your chart, or both.

Studying your own chart would help you know what to work with. Do you perhaps need a different kind of approach to personal relationships than you've been taking? Different kinds of people than you've chosen before? If that's something you need, being able to take a different approach or make different choices requires self work... and yes, developing self love.

Thank you. This made me feel a LOT better. Especially the first two paragraphs.

Abby83

Just to show both sides of the coin because Abby you are grown up enough to face reality. Your own natal fallen planets firstly show the lessons you have to learn in relation to circumstances and other people that disagree with you. As someone earlier said, you have to learn to ignore such energies and just learn your own lesson and leave the rest. That in itself is maturity. You care about what your kids think of you as a mom, or what your mom thinks of you as a daughter. If the husband gives you grief, then there is some learning on both your parts to do. You can never clap with one hand. Just focus on doing the right thing.

Ok, so say my Venus doesn’t express itself properly cos it’s in detriment. You’re saying that I should focus on developing better Venus qualities? This makes sense cos in my natal The Sun and Venus are weak and when planets are in Taurus and Leo I feel so much better.

aquarius7000

Ok, so say my Venus doesn’t express itself properly cos it’s in detriment. You’re saying that I should focus on developing better Venus qualities? This makes sense cos in my natal The Sun and Venus are weak and when planets are in Taurus and Leo I feel so much better.
Venus, besides love and relationships, also stands for self-worth, so a weak Venus means you might lack on that part, which perhaps is why you feel others don't like/love you enough. So, yes, try to develop that Sun and Venus.

Osamenor

Staff member

If a better Venus quality is self love, then yes, that's the Venus quality to develop better. But when I read "better Venus qualities," I get the sense that you're trying to force yourself to be Venusian in ways that won't work for you. You have Venus in Scorpio or Aries (or Virgo, if by "detriment" you mean fall), and you're thinking you should act more like a Taurus, Libra, or Pisces Venus. Is that correct? If that's what you're thinking, your Venus qualities won't develop in that way.

Your Venus is shaped by its sign, so your Venus qualities are opposite those of an exalted or domiciled Venus. I'll use myself as an example: I have Venus in Virgo. Retrograde, too. A lot of what I think of as Venusian qualities are just not me.

I'm not very arty or crafty. When arts do draw my interest, it's much more about psychological depth than superficial beauty. I don't care at all for such "girly" things as fashion or decorating the home or being charming and pleasing to people. I hate flirting, it's way too fake. If someone is interested in me, I want them to talk to me like a normal human being, and I'm much more likely to be interested back if they're honest and real with me.

Pisces Venus would be all about the charm. She would love flirting. She might have a great fashion sense, and she would certainly be willing to put on appearances to keep others comfortable, draw their interest, obtain intimacy, whatever Venus wants. Pisces Venus would be a natural at flattery, and could use it as a means to an end if he's so inclined. Virgo Venus, in contrast, needs to relate to others in an honest, ethical, and practical way. All those superficial charms are not only unnecessary, they're usually a hindrance to Venus operating in a Virgo way.

Of course, you might be perceiving your Venus as weak for other reasons entirely. My point is that Venus can and does work for you, even if it's what astrologers call debilitated. So is the sun, but since you used Venus as the primary example, and I can speak to debilitated Venus from my own experience, that was what I responded to.

Abby83

Osamenor - I agree with all you say. I have venus in virgo and feel the exact same way. Yes, flirting with anyone is just superficial and I want ppl to talk to me. That's why so many other women annoy me when they just jump on any guy for attention. But at the same time with venus trine Neptune I can be very neptunian with love. I have a lot of Neptune qualities and I feel lovely and feminine when planets are in the later degrees of pisces. I like the feeling of the late degrees of pisces and I feel great with planets in Taurus as they boost my self esteem and venus activites. I don't want to be another sign. I just want to nurture my own. Ive had ppl say gee you're serious, and I have to say that's something I don't like about venus in virgo. Since venus progressed into libra im far more relaxed and loving in love. I can enjoy my artsy side more and stop being so serious. A venus in virgo works hard in relationships but it should flow lovingly and easily.

Osamenor

Staff member
Personally, I see Venus in Virgo as functioning rather similarly to Venus in Taurus. Both are earth signs. Both are apt to be practical and put basic necessities first. Both have a certain maternal quality in how they care for loved ones: Venus in Taurus is like a generous hippie earth mama, always baking bread for the family in her homemade oven, always at home, while Venus in Virgo is like a busy working single mother whose kids may not see much of her because she's out in the world using her skills to provide for them.

I see my Venus placement factoring into my decision to become an herbalist: earth sign affinity for plants, Virgo's focus on health, with Venus's desire to create balance--in the case of herbalism, healing through plants. A more exalted Venus might care more about growing pretty flowers, perhaps.

Other Venus in Virgo people may be likewise doing Venusian things in a way that's not so obviously Venusian. Charlize Theron, for example: she was born during the same Venus in Virgo retrograde that I was, and while she is a movie star--quite Venusian--she doesn't have a glamorous, glitzy, or ultrafeminine image at all. The characters she's played are raw, real, and gritty (thinking in particular of Monster and North Country). Another famous Venus in Virgo who comes to mind is John Lennon: known for his art, but he did some different things with it than the usual.

Last edited:

Abby83

Personally, I see Venus in Virgo as functioning rather similarly to Venus in Taurus. Both are earth signs. Both are apt to be practical and put basic necessities first. Both have a certain maternal quality in how they care for loved ones: Venus in Taurus is like a generous hippie earth mama, always baking bread for the family in her homemade oven, always at home, while Venus in Virgo is like a busy working single mother whose kids may not see much of her because she's out in the world using her skills to provide for them.

I see my Venus placement factoring into my decision to become an herbalist: earth sign affinity for plants, Virgo's focus on health, with Venus's desire to create balance--in the case of herbalism, healing through plants. A more exalted Venus might care more about growing pretty flowers, perhaps.

Other Venus in Virgo people may be likewise doing Venusian things in a way that's not so obviously Venusian. Charlize Theron, for example: she was born during the same Venus in Virgo retrograde that I was, and while she is a movie star--quite Venusian--she doesn't have a glamorous, glitzy, or ultrafeminine image at all. The characters she's played are raw, real, and gritty (thinking in particular of Monster and North Country). Another famous Venus in Virgo who comes to mind is John Lennon: known for his art, but he did some different things with it than the usual.

Brilliantly said and thank you for this info as it resonates with me accurately.

Lol... pretty flowers. Yeah I'm into the plants too. Like when it comes to cooking I'm obsessed with adding parsley and other real herbs. That's how I show my love to my kids, through natural health. Thanks for reminding me what I value. You are obviously more aware of your values and love yourself than I am. I get a bit foggy and doubt myself and forget myself, so it's good to be reminded.

Last edited: