Nodal Astrology

elm32990

I am posting to ask for help in deciphering my nodal placements and my karmic planets. I am reading "Lunar Nodes" by Celeste Teal (cute name!). I am going to attempt to decipher my chart, but input and corrections would be highly appreciated! I am also going to post screenshots of the specific chapters I am referencing.

My Birth Chart

First off, I am very confused about my where my nodes are placed, so I'm not going to even attempt to analyze. I have an Aquarius north node in the 5th house, which seems to be an oxymoron to me!

Does this mean that I need to embrace my creative genius and become an artist? :andy:

North Node Aquarius

North Node 5th House

Nodal Aspects to Inner Planets Explanation

I have Mars conjunct my north node...

Mars Conjunct North Node

So I guess it makes me more aggressive in achieving the purpose?

"Karmic Control Planets"

My north node is in Aquarius, so the ruling planet is Uranus and it's located in the 4th house. So my interpretation would be that I am a free spirit who can feel at home anywhere. My Uranus is opposing Jupiter and the Midheaven so I am a rebel, I find my own paths, and I'm an individualist

My south node is in Leo, so the ruling planet is the Sun. My Sun is located in my 7th house. This scares me. Does this mean that I have problems with serious relationships/marriage?

Even if you can not help, this book is really interesting and I'm sure many of you will enjoy reading the excerpts.

But please, help me figure out my mission on this earth!

elm32990

Here is my chart

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_emily_martinez.74494.58724.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_emily_martinez.74494.58724.gif
    51.6 KB · Views: 27

elm32990

My north node house and sign.

Attachments

• NorthNode5thHouse-1.jpg
    NorthNode5thHouse-1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 27
  • NorthNode5thHouse-2.jpg
    NorthNode5thHouse-2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 20
  • NorthNodeAquarius-1.jpg
    NorthNodeAquarius-1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 20
  • NorthNodeAquarius-2.jpg
    NorthNodeAquarius-2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 25

Zarathu

Account Closed
I am posting to ask for help in deciphering my nodal placements and my karmic planets. I am reading "Lunar Nodes" by Celeste Teal (cute name!).

Yeah, Cute name. Its her nom-de-plume. Her real name is not that, but only her friends know her real name.

You have her book(shown above) which is pretty self explanatory. I'm not sure what your question about her book is.

Last edited:

elm32990

It *seems* self explanatory:

I feel like an Aquarius north node in the 5th house is an oxymoron. Am I striving to be an individual (5th house) or do I strive to be part of the group (Aquarius)?

I am also unsure of how to interpret the ruling planets. What does a north node influenced Uranus in the 4th house (capricorn) mean? What does a south node influenced sun in the 7th (aries) house mean?

kshantaram

Premium Member
mars-venus-rahu saturnine acq 5th, acq airy, uncertain, mystic reformist, artistic aptitudes like dancing etc and art reform/innovation perhaps, inclined towards relationships merely by attractions and passionate but may be unsure etc, mars acq 5th could have irritaing temparament impacting relationships, rahu could delay child-birth, mars-venus-rahu saturnine 5th calls for ancestor worship/appeasing the ancestors.

ketu the separative node over leo 11th,

leo-sun inimical for the libra asc, stress-delays in income-gains-friendships, while ketu tending to detachment, ketu leo high self-pride, individualistic, sensitive, sudden decision making qualities inherited from the maternal family probably.

inimical sun elevated over aries 7th, sun-mer aries, admin-business-oratory aptitudes, could gain from the spouse, but relationship under stress-delay prone to separation/sun separative. separative ketu trine sun-mer moreover.

saturn highest planetary deg own cap 4th flair of the personality, ambitious, hardworking, practical, good at event management perhaps, growth and riches through real estate/lands/public admin-mass supervision. saturn lord 5th over 4th good for prosperity-education etc, while may negate/alienate from children.

jup-sat opp missed opportunities in life owing to miscalculations-misjudgments.

jup lord 6th elevated over cancer 10th, conceptual leadership potentials, calling for greater efforts and able to scrape through trine own pisces 6th for employment prospects and trine scorpio 2nd for finances.

moon 10th lord elevated creative-energetic taurus 8th with research aptitude into psychology, education, dairying, hospitality management-restaurants, food processing, etc trine sat capricorn 4th may be interior decoration/event management etc in terms of research support.
moon 2nd highest deg factor for vocation.

moon benefic lord 10th quadrant not considered strong enough, moving to taurus 8th could be prone to thyroid-throat issues perhaps. lord venus with rahu-mars, prone to tb-cancer of thyroid, stomach, heart, sciatica, etc to watch for and care.

gemini-mer 9th analytical attitude, inclined to rational view towards religion-spirituality, 9th lord mer over 7th luck after marriage, mars-venus-rahu foreigner-other race involved.

gemini settling life at 32+ thumb rule. mer with inimical sun/lord 11th leo luck, relationship under stress-delay.

libra asc objective, love of justice, prone to stormy anger if provoked, generally well composed even amidst turbulence, aptitude for arts-dancing etc. asc lord venus over acq 5th/mars-rahu-venus artistic aptitudes, art reform/innovation/adaptation with persian forms etc. may extend to architecture, excavations, interior decoration, hospitality management and research etc and management-supervision thereof. moon taurus energetic and creaitve. saturn elevated aspect over libra asc protective of health, wealth, etc.

jup debilated aspect over sat-capricorn 4th, jup 6th lord for health-disease, sat significator for disease, jup-sat opp could impact knees, heart, lungs, etc to care.

past year jup transit natal jup opp saturn impacting home-career matters, missed opportunities, health issues, etc, while sat-rahu transit enemy sign occult scorpio 2nd impacting family-finances opp moon taurus 8th under emotional stress-worry. ketu transit moon taurus prone to pain-injury-surgery throat-thyroid-heart-knees-urological-piles etc.

now jup transit inimical leo 11th for gains, under stress-delay,
trine sun-mer aries 7th protective of relationship and gains therefrom although under stress ketu transit sun-mer aries 7th prone to separation-surgery etc. jup/mars-venus-rahu opp in transit could however tend to stress, rise and fall in income-romance-position etc.

rahu transit libra asc trine mars-venus-rahu promoting arts-dance etc probably.

sat transit sag 3rd philosophical, optimistic, good for initiative-progress trine aspect from jup leo, under stress transit 8th from moon.

hope jup transit leo 11th promotes and protects although under stress, to hope so. jup leo commanding royal attitude transit ketu leo.

hope generic observations-inputs enable reflect, pick as relevant,
could share specific feedbacks in agreement/disagreements.

wishing well jup-sat trine 3/11 although under stress to care,
ketu transit sun-mer aries 7th.

kshantaram

helgaleena

Your Mercury square Saturn is causing you to over-think this.

http://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/Planet-Aspects/Mercury-Square-Saturn

5th house with Venus and Mars so near North Node means you are going to have to begin to go with your feelings more, especially in romance/play/arts.

Tsquare to this area is eased by the moon trine and Pluto sextile to your fourth house planets-- home and foundation values. Let them work.

As for your Tsquare to seventh house sun, your sociable nature is hampered by this worrying but eased by the fifth house planets sextile to it. Find your personal 'happy ending' by indulging in a Jupiter type of career. It will lead to joy.

Zarathu

Account Closed
The OP has asked a specific question about a specific book written by a specific somewhat famous astrologer.

S/he wanted to know more about what the author meant by the subjects. Unless responders have this particular book, and have studied it, IMO, they cannot answer the OP's question.

Celeste Teal's description of the Lunar Nodes is extensive and rather complex in format. Its not a simple description of this subject, nor are any of her multiple books very simple to understand.

The discussion is complex, and matches the complexity of life.

Since I have studied the subject extensively, and since some of it is represented in book four of my seven volume set THE SEVEN QUESTIONS OF EXISTENTIAL COUNSELING ASTROLOGY, I have PM'd the OP with the information that s/he has asked for.

Osamenor

Staff member
I haven't read that book (yet!), but like you, I've attempted to analyze my own nodes after reading one book. What I've read is Steven Forrest's "Yesterday's Sky." Based on what he says and what I've picked up here and there, here's what I see:

First off, I am very confused about my where my nodes are placed, so I'm not going to even attempt to analyze. I have an Aquarius north node in the 5th house, which seems to be an oxymoron to me!

Does this mean that I need to embrace my creative genius and become an artist? :andy:
I think what it means is that you need to balance and integrate some very different energies in your life. You have the south node in Leo in the native house of Aquarius and the north node in Aquarius in the native house of Leo--a perfect flip flop. So in both your karmic past and your karmic future, you've got some similar energies. The key is to move past the negative aspects of those energies and into the positive ones.

The rest of your chart repeats the theme of finding balance between competing energies. Libra rising=sign of seeking balance and harmony. Moon in Taurus suggests your greatest sense of security is found in calmness, peaceful places, likely in nature. Venus rules both your rising sign and your moon sign, so it's extra strong as the ruler of your chart. But then its opposite planetary energy, Mars, rules your courageous, adventurous Aries sun sign and is right at home in rebel Aquarius, so similarly strong. And lo and behold, the actual Mars and Venus in your chart are conjunct each other and your north nodes, reinforcing that your nodal journey requires finding a balance between those two energies.

With the sun in Aries, what your core personality most needs for its growth is challenges. Life may provide you with those challenges, and if it doesn't, then you're compelled to seek them out. They may be physical or mental challenges, they may be the sort of thing that outright threatens your survival, or they may simply be the level of challenge that keeps life interesting.

Since you have Mercury in the same sign and house, it's likely that you're strongly drawn to mental and verbal challenges. Maybe you're into word puzzles, maybe you like a good debate. And this being in the seventh house, you're likely to need, and have, partners in your life who provide you with those challenges. Based on that placement, I suspect that you're incapable of sustaining a relationship with someone who doesn't give you stimulating conversation, and you thrive on having good debates with your partner(s). Perhaps you're into competing in this manner--debate team, word games, things along those lines.

While Aries sun suggests a highly competitive nature, the rest of your key placements do not. Taurus wants peace at all costs, in the sense of not being disturbed, and Libra wants peace at all costs too, in the sense of keeping things in balance. Add your Cancer MC to the mix, with a Jupiter/Chiron conjunction, and you're likely to be seen as a very peaceful, accommodating, don't rock the boat kind of person... and you likely are that, too. So just by living your life, you're balancing those energies.

My south node is in Leo, so the ruling planet is the Sun. My Sun is located in my 7th house. This scares me. Does this mean that I have problems with serious relationships/marriage?
Not necessarily, but you probably did have some of those problems in the karmic past, for reasons I'll go into next....

Osamenor

Staff member
I feel like an Aquarius north node in the 5th house is an oxymoron. Am I striving to be an individual (5th house) or do I strive to be part of the group (Aquarius)?

Both. Leo and Aquarius are both signs that emphasize personality development, but they emphasize it in opposite ways. Leo is ego development to the fullest; Aquarius is ego transcendence, but ego transcendence can only happen if ego has already developed to the fullest. Leo is the kind of personality development that requires positive feedback from others. Aquarius is the kind of personality development that happens with or without the approval of others. That's why Aquarius is the rebel and Leo is the performer: Leo development needs applause; Aquarius development by its very nature goes against the grain.

Paradoxically, while both of those signs emphasize individual development, they also say something about the group context for that development. Leo takes personal feedback to heart (We love you!), while Aquarius thrives on not so personal feedback (There goes the guru with those crazy cutting edge ideas!). Same goes for their respective houses. The eleventh house and the fifth house both have to do with groups, and both are, in a sense, houses of friends. The eleventh house is about associates, like minded people, your social identity, your tribe. The fifth house is about personal friendships, people who you like for themselves and who like you for yourself. One is about who you are to the masses, while the other is about who you are to those close to you.

South node in Leo in the eleventh house indicates a karmic past in which your ego was well fed by your social identity. Given that south nodes indicate what went wrong or was left incomplete, your ego was overfed and overinflated, likely at the expense of meaningful relationships. The south node's ruler simply provides another detail about who you were and what happened to you in the karmic past. That yours is in the seventh house suggests that marriage, and possibly other types of partnership as well, were an issue. If you were a king or queen or star adored by the masses in one or more past lives, and all that adoration went to your head... that typically spells doom for relationships.

The fifth house is about personal relationships. In the karmic past, you developed your social identity at the expense of personal relationships. What you're being asked to do in this life is develop personal relationships first and foremost, through what brings you joy (joy is a key meaning of the fifth house). You're also being asked to develop your ego through personal relationships rather than superficial ones: sun in the seventh house indicates an especially strong need for personal relationships (including, but not limited to, romantic relationships) for personality development, and your nodal placements also indicate that.

Finally, both of your north node rulers (Uranus and Saturn co-rule Aquarius) are in the fourth house. As well as the indicators that you touched on, such as home, fourth house indicates deepest self. This adds to the message that you need deeper self development than you've previously had. That those planets are in Capricorn, and your north node in Aquarius, indicate a need to turn away from the masses and develop within yourself, being true to yourself whether or not it gets you positive feedback from others.

Last edited: