Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 09-07-2016, 03:02 PM

The 12 Signs as Family Dynamics [Moved to this section, couldn't delete other one]

Last edited by Astro7; 02-25-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Unread 09-07-2016, 04:47 PM

Re: The 12 Signs as Family Dynamics [Moved to this section, couldn't delete other one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro7 View Post
I would like to be able to pin down what exactly makes someone develop into their sun sign, their moon sign, their mars sign, etc. and HOW MUCH it has to do with nature vs nurture.
It has everything to do with nature. Just think about it. We live on a blue orb in space, a tiny dot in the vast universe. Everything in the universe is made up of energy. When life is created, that energetic being is going to be largely effected by the position of the planets and that point in time and space for all their lives. That is the nature part.

There are times when someone might not seem quite like their sun signs. That is especially true with a sun that has mostly hard aspects to it. Or is conjunct a planet. Same goes for risings signs, moon signs. Conjunctions can be very pronounced in the personality.

Family dynamics. Parents are ruled not only by sun and moon sometimes saturn and venus. But moreso by the 10th and 4th house axis. If you're looking for family dynamics its in the axis. Home life is always the 4th house. The sign that rules the IC, and it's ruler will tell you quite alot about family life also.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashriia For This Useful Post:
sibylline (09-07-2016)
Unread 09-08-2016, 12:04 AM

Re: The 12 Signs as Family Dynamics [Moved to this section, couldn't delete other one

Quote:
I'm one of those people who believes that astrology may be total bs, but has seen too many real life correlations and read enough info to not at least dedicate some time to checking out if what I read matches up with the people in my life.
It isn't BS. I'm a researcher and I spent tons of time looking up charts and relating them to the lives of people I knew, when I found out about astrology. It is real, very real.

Quote:
Another example - the two Leo risings I'm very close two both care A LOT about the way they are seen when in public - to an EXTREMELY noticeable degree.
I'm Leo Rising and yes, this is true. I've never been the ponytail and sweats type, regardless of where I am going, and I am aware of how I conduct myself in public. I don't think this is obvious to others, though.

Quote:
I would like to be able to pin down what exactly makes someone develop into their sun sign, their moon sign, their mars sign, etc. and HOW MUCH it has to do with nature vs nurture.
I think that in astrology, nature and nurture are inextricably intertwined.

You can say someone is down to earth, hardworking, reticent, and realistic because they had a strict, traditional upbringing, both of their parents worked full-time jobs so they were expected to play mother to their siblings and take care of the house, they were separated from their family during early formative years so learned to grow up quickly...or you can see that they have Sun and Mercury conjunct Saturn and Neptune in Capricorn on the IC, Moon in Virgo in the 12th house (This is a real life example). The natal chart reflects the experiences to come, or how we perceive those experiences

Although I think that nature should be more heavily weighted. As far as I can tell, I was never taught to be a Pisces Sun/Venus, I just am. I think the Rising sign and planets more show the identity and approach to life we take on as a result of nurture.

Quote:
Can anyone point me in any kinda general direction to find information regarding the 12 signs' effects on individuals' family dynamics? In terms of mom and dad / moon and sun, etc. Ascendant and childhood, anything in that sorta path.

Or any type of info regarding the findings that I am looking for?
Do you want books or websites, or either?

Quote:
I just want to find some relevant information because I'm on a mission to prove that astrology is more than just theoretical and confirmation bias - based.
Prove it to yourself or others? If the latter, if I were you, I wouldn't bother so much.

Last edited by sibylline; 09-08-2016 at 12:27 AM.
Unread 09-08-2016, 12:21 AM

Last edited by Astro7; 02-25-2017 at 08:40 AM.

Tags
delete, dynamics, family, moved, section, signs