Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 05-17-2009, 06:57 PM

Sport

Where can we see in a chart talent for sports?

Unread 05-17-2009, 07:06 PM

Re: Sport

Sports is assigned to the fifth house, but also to the fire signs in general.

AQ7
Unread 05-17-2009, 07:23 PM

Here is my chart. I have done numerous sports all my life. I am very also very competative.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Me.gif (27.3 KB, 17 views)
Unread 05-17-2009, 07:53 PM

Wow, Idrew, what a close Sun-Jup conjunction.

Getting back to sports, you have competitive Aries on your 5th-house cusp(you like to be first and beat your opponent), a Sag Asc, Venus in Leo, and an active Mars, ruler of your 5th, aspecting the natural 5th-house ruler, the Sun (also your basic personality), your Asc ruler, your Moon.. Wow, that's a lot of competitive fire.

In my case, though quite a lazy bum now, but used to be quite an athlete at school, also played a lot of volley ball and badminton; loved sports. I have a Leo Asc, a Cap Mars conjunct Moon in the 5th house, which has Sag on the cusp. My Mars is also pretty active through aspects to Moon, Ven, Sat and Plu. Another thing common between both our charts, in this regard, is that the 5th-house ruler is in an aspect to the MC, in your case Mars, and in mine Jupiter sextiles the MC. In case interested, my chart is on my personal page on this forum.

AQ7
Unread 05-17-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevenez
Where can we see in a chart talent for sports?
Usually there are strong placements of the Sun, Mars and/or Jupiter. They should be angular and not heavily afflicted to be at their best.
Unread 05-17-2009, 08:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to freedomlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrew
Here is my chart. I have done numerous sports all my life. I am very also very competative.
Idrew,

I took a quick glance at your chart. The first thing that jumped out to me was the Mars(r) in Pisces tightly conjunct your IC. Mars rules your 5th and 12th house. Were you trained to be a competitive swimmer from your childhood -even an Olympic athlete in water sports?

You have a very watery chart - with Moon in Scorpio ruling 8th and in 12th,too! I guess all of this water and Mars in a water sign ruling the house of sports caused me to think maybe you were another Michael Phelps or Mark Spitz.

FL

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Unread 05-18-2009, 08:18 PM

Ok these are the sports I have competed from a teenager up to present :
Surfing, vollyball, squash, Karate(black belt), triathalon and now in my "prime" tennis. Thanks for the interest.
Unread 05-18-2009, 08:44 PM

Mars rules athletes.

A pair of French statisticians, the Gauquelins, surveyed a whole lot of charts of prominent Frenchmen, and found that athletes most often had Mars in the 9th, or in another cadent house.
Unread 05-19-2009, 11:44 AM

I always thought that it is the aspect that mars makes to your sun, pluto or uranus is an indicator of an athlete.
Unread 05-20-2009, 12:54 AM

Here is an article on the Gauquelin Mars effect. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_effect .

Tags
sport