Depressed

WannaBeSag

Hello! I hope you're safe and well.

I've been going through a very depressive period. It may have to do with Saturn travelling conjunct my natal moon. My mood is so heavy and I'm trying to lift myself out for everyone's sake but I can't do this anymore.

Please can you see something in my chart that may counteract this Saturn conjunct moon transit - exactly opposite my natal Mars at 29 degree Cancer (another problem in my chart).

I attach a chart

How can I balance these?

thank you so much

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_wannabesag.29850.94411.png
    astro_w2gw_wannabesag.29850.94411.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 53

aquarius7000

Hi,

Saturn is in Aquarius right now and your natal Moon is in Cap, so Saturn has changed signs already and is not sitting on your natal Moon any more. Perhaps this is why you are now trying to lift yourself out of your depression. Your 5th house is strong, which means- sports, fun activities, indulging in activities with kids - are all helpful for you.

sworm09

Hello! I hope you're safe and well.

I've been going through a very depressive period. It may have to do with Saturn travelling conjunct my natal moon. My mood is so heavy and I'm trying to lift myself out for everyone's sake but I can't do this anymore.

Please can you see something in my chart that may counteract this Saturn conjunct moon transit - exactly opposite my natal Mars at 29 degree Cancer (another problem in my chart).

I attach a chart

How can I balance these?

thank you so much

I think it's very astute of you to point at Saturn, but there's a little bit more of interest to point out.

Your Moon is in Saturn ruled Capricorn opposite Mars in Cancer in a day chart. Emotional turmoil is a possible interpretation since the Moon is so prominent near an angle, Mars is the out of sect malefic, and both are in moveable signs.

You have Mercury in Cancer, ruled by the same Moon and Mercury is near Saturn in Cancer.

Transiting Saturn in Capricorn has been moving over all of this, and still isn't done because he'll go back into Capricorn soon.

On the bright side you have Jupiter in Pisces trine Mercury and Saturn and also sextile your Moon. Jupiter is in your 6th house of illness, though in your case I think it could mean help from illness.

I would engage in basic self care practices. Make sure you have a routine, make sure you're getting enough sleep etc. etc. Of course the most important thing I would recommend is seeking out the appropriate mental health care professionals, who would be indicated in your chart by this Jupiter in Pisces. You have the potential to cope pretty well with depression, all things considered.

WannaBeSag

Hi,

Saturn is in Aquarius right now and your natal Moon is in Cap, so Saturn has changed signs already and is not sitting on your natal Moon any more. Perhaps this is why you are now trying to lift yourself out of your depression. Your 5th house is strong, which means- sports, fun activities, indulging in activities with kids - are all helpful for you.

Thank you Aquarius7000! Your kind words mean a lot to me and true, Saturn has passed already I'm very relieved. I'll make sure I get more fun and play into my life!

WannaBeSag

I think it's very astute of you to point at Saturn, but there's a little bit more of interest to point out.

Your Moon is in Saturn ruled Capricorn opposite Mars in Cancer in a day chart. Emotional turmoil is a possible interpretation since the Moon is so prominent near an angle, Mars is the out of sect malefic, and both are in moveable signs.
yes, you hit the nail on the head emotional turmoil is a thing for me and I always try to balance it. yes, I'm afraid the Mars in cancer means I'm never going to achieve anything in my career. I'm fiercely ambitious and work HARD, but I don't make enough money. And it's taken me years to get over this emotional immaturity and passive-aggressive Mars (and it's at 29 which is extra destructive what do you think?)

You have Mercury in Cancer, ruled by the same Moon and Mercury is near Saturn in Cancer.
Would you be able to explain this a bit more? I've never considered that my mercury is ruled by the moon. And that it's near Saturn. It's the way i communicate?

Transiting Saturn in Capricorn has been moving over all of this, and still isn't done because he'll go back into Capricorn soon.
Yes, and in a way I was ready for it because my natal moon in capricorn has been giving off these stark and stern vibes all my life. there's just no comfort and only barrenness.

On the bright side you have Jupiter in Pisces trine Mercury and Saturn and also sextile your Moon. Jupiter is in your 6th house of illness, though in your case I think it could mean help from illness.
Thank you! And I think it forms a T-Square with my Sun (conjunct South Node) and North Node so you're onto something. this caring sharing healing Jupiter is a very important element.

I would engage in basic self care practices. Make sure you have a routine, make sure you're getting enough sleep etc. etc. Of course the most important thing I would recommend is seeking out the appropriate mental health care professionals, who would be indicated in your chart by this Jupiter in Pisces. You have the potential to cope pretty well with depression, all things considered.
Yes, thank you. very good advice. I've got loved ones around me so I'm not all alone and I thank you very much for responding. It means a lot to me.

sworm09

yes, you hit the nail on the head emotional turmoil is a thing for me and I always try to balance it. yes, I'm afraid the Mars in cancer means I'm never going to achieve anything in my career. I'm fiercely ambitious and work HARD, but I don't make enough money.

It's pretty unlikely that you'll never achieve anything in your career. I emphasized what you said about being fiercely ambitious because working hard with little to show for it is a brilliant way of putting Mars in Cancer in the 10th with the Moon in Capricorn opposite that Mars.

Of note: Cancer as a lunar sign is concerned with the body. Mars in Cancer could indicate physical injury and Mars opposite the Moon backs that up. Though your chances of major injury are somewhat blunted by Jupiter in Pisces in the 6th, I'd be wary of physical overexertion that could result in illness or injury. This is the most important aspect in your chart, so I'd really pay attention to that.

Mars in Cancer in the 10th does indeed imply challenges in career, but not every day of every moment of your life. Pay attention to transits and solar returns and you'll have an idea when the things he indicates are more or less prominent. Since Jupiter is trine Mars from the right, I find it very unlikely that you'll die unaccomplished.

Would you be able to explain this a bit more? I've never considered that my mercury is ruled by the moon. And that it's near Saturn. It's the way i communicate?

Well Mercury is in Cancer ruled by the Moon. I looked at Mercury because Mercury very generally represents the way that we think, reason, and communicate. Mercury in Cancer would imply that the way that you think is heavily influenced by the way that you feel and not necessarily emotionally, but physically as well. Considering Mars in Cancer opposite the Moon, it could mean that your mental state is tends to deteriorate due to physical overexertion. Saturn is generally associated with depression and melancholy and being next to Mercury tends to sour the way that you look at the world. Even if things are going fine, for you they won't be, or at least that's how you'll see it.

As far as communication goes, Mercury in Cancer ruled by that Mars is what we have to come back to. The way you communicate will be highly contingent on how you're feeling that day, physically that is. You might communicate in a super pessimistic and nihilistic manner when you're feeling particularly hammered.

Yes, and in a way I was ready for it because my natal moon in capricorn has been giving off these stark and stern vibes all my life. there's just no comfort and only barrenness.

Probably that Moon-Mars opposition again ruling Mercury. Discomfort is a very good way of putting that. With what I said earlier as far as recommendations go, now that I've really looked at how important that Moon-Mars opposition is I want to emphasize the importance of adequate rest. Cause I definitely see that that might be a major problem for you as far as your physical health goes. And for you your physical health feeds directly into your mental state, more so than most.

Last edited:

WannaBeSag

Thank you for your intuition Sworn!

I did take your recommendation and took more rest, that's why I also didn't;t return here for a while to answer your insightful post (I read it and took it into account though so thank you it helped).

I actually had a habit of getting up at the crack of dawn to get all the work done. I also checked and realised I hadn't taken a break from my work for two weeks.

So taking it a bit easier Really helped.

You mention the word nihilistic and that's definitely something I identify with but also want to get over and be more idealistic. (I think the Jupiter in pisces is my answer generally) And being less serious in everything I think would be an important thing for me too.

Interesting you say overexertion can lead to weakened mental health and I always had this limitation in my head that "too much work and stress makes me sick". This annoys me though because I want to just do the work without getting "sick".

thank you so much and have a wonderful day