Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 02-08-2020, 05:59 PM

Offended my work friend, will she forgive me?

I accidentally blurted out my friend's information during a group setting and it upset her. She told me directly, and I sincerely didn't mean to blurt said thing out and I genuinely regretted it. She said it was no big deal but didn't text me after work and hasn't responded to my text apology. I would have apologized further in person at work but I was leaving and she was busy.

Anyway in the chart I'm Mercury, and in detriment in Pisces. I suppose she would be L11 / Jupiter, who is in fall in Capricorn. There's no aspect between Mercury and Jupiter or Moon in Jupiter, so I'm guessing not. She is in my 8th house too that I assume means her trust in me has ended or will. Mercury DOES apply to Neptune but in 10 units. 🥴

I notice Moon is in Leo in my 3H chart and she actually has Moon in Leo. Secondly she's a Virgo so it's also interesting to me the chart is Mercurial ruled.

http://imgur.com/a/MWXHbwO

Unread 02-08-2020, 08:46 PM

Re: Offended my work friend, will she forgive me?

You are symbolized by Mercury. Your friend is symbolized by Jupiter, ruler of the 11th house. Mercury and Jupiter are both in the sign of their fall, so you're both feeling dinged up about this. However, Mercury applies to a sextile with Jupiter, suggesting reconciliation. However, since Mercury is the faster-moving planet, it looks like you're the one to make further efforts.

The moon's next major aspect is an opposition to the sun, in detriment.

This make think of a saying I heard once: that if we've offended someone and are in the wrong, we apologize. She probably will accept the apology, but the event itself changes the way that she thinks about us. The friendship as it was may cool off because, rightly or wrongly, she no longer views you as a completely trustworthy friend.

Sometimes these things take some time to heal. Ideally you can both put this incident behind you.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
sworm09 (02-11-2020)
Unread 02-08-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
You are symbolized by Mercury. Your friend is symbolized by Jupiter, ruler of the 11th house. Mercury and Jupiter are both in the sign of their fall, so you're both feeling dinged up about this. However, Mercury applies to a sextile with Jupiter, suggesting reconciliation. However, since Mercury is the faster-moving planet, it looks like you're the one to make further efforts.

The moon's next major aspect is an opposition to the sun, in detriment.

This make think of a saying I heard once: that if we've offended someone and are in the wrong, we apologize. She probably will accept the apology, but the event itself changes the way that she thinks about us. The friendship as it was may cool off because, rightly or wrongly, she no longer views you as a completely trustworthy friend.

Sometimes these things take some time to heal. Ideally you can both put this incident behind you.
Yes! I did apologize further and told her it was alright if she didn't want to reply and I was giving her her space. In addition to my faux pas, she had some other disappointments that day too. Thanks WayBread
Unread 02-09-2020, 03:21 PM

I wondered...do we see Jupiter confiding in other people about me in this chart, or is this a separate question?
Unread 02-11-2020, 01:33 AM

It's probably another question. But Jupiter is a slow-moving planet. It doesn't apply to an aspect with any other planet except Saturn, and then Jupiter goes retrograde and Saturn changes sign before the aspect perfects.

This doesn't suggest that she's talking about you to others.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 02-11-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
It's probably another question. But Jupiter is a slow-moving planet. It doesn't apply to an aspect with any other planet except Saturn, and then Jupiter goes retrograde and Saturn changes sign before the aspect perfects.

This doesn't suggest that she's talking about you to others.
Thank you. This makes sense as in previous conversations she's told me she doesn't like talking about other people because it doesn't make her feel good, but I still worry bedbugs you never know.
Unread 02-11-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyMissAries View Post
I accidentally blurted out my friend's information during a group setting and it upset her. She told me directly, and I sincerely didn't mean to blurt said thing out and I genuinely regretted it. She said it was no big deal but didn't text me after work and hasn't responded to my text apology. I would have apologized further in person at work but I was leaving and she was busy.

Anyway in the chart I'm Mercury, and in detriment in Pisces. I suppose she would be L11 / Jupiter, who is in fall in Capricorn. There's no aspect between Mercury and Jupiter or Moon in Jupiter, so I'm guessing not. She is in my 8th house too that I assume means her trust in me has ended or will. Mercury DOES apply to Neptune but in 10 units. ��

I notice Moon is in Leo in my 3H chart and she actually has Moon in Leo. Secondly she's a Virgo so it's also interesting to me the chart is Mercurial ruled.

http://imgur.com/a/MWXHbwO
I have to agree with waybread on this one.

She got Jupiter as the significator of your workplace friend, but despite me using house 7 for your coworker, I still get Jupiter anyway. Mercury is in Fall in Pisces, which speaks to your difficulty here. Mercury is applying to a sextile with Jupiter.....in Fall in the 8th sign from the Ascendant. So you'll reconcile to some extent, but things aren't going to be entirely pleasant. You'll never truly be forgiven, but you'll at least be mildly reconciled.

The Moon's next aspect is an opposition to the Sun, with reception. This shows some kind of tension in the future, but mitigated thanks to the Sun. This could indicate tension being mitigated by the public nature of your relationship, reconciling because not doing so would cause too many issues in the work place. The Sun has no relationship to Mercury or Jupiter, which suggests to me that the reconciliation is for the sake of saving face, but the friendship as it was looks like it's over for the most part. From here on it looks like you're professional associates rather than friends.

You've done what you can by apologizing, so there's honestly not much more you can do.
Unread 02-11-2020, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworm09 View Post
I have to agree with waybread on this one.

She got Jupiter as the significator of your workplace friend, but despite me using house 7 for your coworker, I still get Jupiter anyway. Mercury is in Fall in Pisces, which speaks to your difficulty here. Mercury is applying to a sextile with Jupiter.....in Fall in the 8th sign from the Ascendant. So you'll reconcile to some extent, but things aren't going to be entirely pleasant. You'll never truly be forgiven, but you'll at least be mildly reconciled.

The Moon's next aspect is an opposition to the Sun, with reception. This shows some kind of tension in the future, but mitigated thanks to the Sun. This could indicate tension being mitigated by the public nature of your relationship, reconciling because not doing so would cause too many issues in the work place. The Sun has no relationship to Mercury or Jupiter, which suggests to me that the reconciliation is for the sake of saving face, but the friendship as it was looks like it's over for the most part. From here on it looks like you're professional associates rather than friends.

You've done what you can by apologizing, so there's honestly not much more you can do.
Thank you! Well, that's disappointing but Oh well. My mistake was innocent and unintentional, and I can't change how people respond. Not going to worry about it. I think there's some other things also going on including her being quite young. We won't see each other much due to training anyway so at least there's that.
Unread 02-14-2020, 09:43 PM

Just to update - I saw the girl for a moment at the office today and was surprised that I felt anger myself because I find the situation so petty. We did not acknowledge each other and I left.
The Following User Says Thank You to LovelyMissAries For This Useful Post:
sworm09 (02-18-2020)

Tags
forgive, friend, offended, work