Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Unread 05-07-2008, 01:16 PM

the worst synastry aspects ?

can anyone tell me what would be the very worst synastry aspects to have when reviewing the charts of two people. I was thinking sun square mars I heard that that aspects could mean violent arguments.
Unread 05-07-2008, 01:21 PM

Re: the worst synastry aspects ?

my boyfriend and l have sun square mars double whammy and we argue as adults. We are luckily very mature!
Unread 05-07-2008, 02:00 PM

How about Mercury opposite Pluto. Fight, fight, fight! Fight, fight, fight! The never ending argument.
Unread 05-07-2008, 07:44 PM

Perhaps we should take the chart comparison between my and my ex's chart as Exhibit 'A'. I guess on the bright side nobody got shot, but it wasn't pretty. There was a double whammy of Mars/Pluto challenging aspects...

My answer to your question, is 'what kind of bad do you want?' If being deceived is your worst nightmare, then the other guy's Neptune in challenging aspects to your personal planets would deliver that. If we're talking about the proverbial rain on your parade, the other party's Saturn in tough aspect to your personal planets would be the ticket. Getting thrown off balance by their challenging Uranus aspects to your planets would be heck for some. A ruthlessly transforming Pluto could be a nightmare. On a really niggling compatability level, square moons where you don't want to do the same thing at the same time, might eventually drive you to distraction. One thing I found out. Not even a Jupiter conjunct Sun and Sun conjunct Jupiter in a chart comparison can make up for a mess of bad aspects.
Late addition: I may be out to lunch on this, but I believe my X's Uranus square my ascendant was a prime instigator in the big split-up. So if you're looking for longevity, I think that's a killer.

Last edited by universal; 05-08-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Unread 05-07-2008, 08:27 PM

Venus square Saturn.
If it's strong, stay out of the relationship.

It is one of those aspects that ALWAYS cause problems in a relationship.
They are usually about closeness/sex and etc.
When one wants a hug, the other doesn't and it goes on and on.

Without closeness a relationship will not work.
Even if it's a spiritual relationship.
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:16 PM

ditto Steeler. I know a couple that have this in synastry and in composite . She always wants to get close to him but there is always this invisible wall between them. It must be frustrating and depressing.

Also mars square/opposite saturn.
Unread 11-04-2010, 01:23 AM

Venus challenging Saturn is really difficult to deal with. Pluto with personal planets can mean control, obsession and other dark matters.
No Saturn aspects though mean the relationship is not likely to endure.
Saturn on the Moon can be depressive and inhibiting.

I would go to a synastry website and check out their comparisons. i.e. Cafe Astrology and their romantic aspects.
Unread 11-04-2010, 03:00 AM

Someone mentioned in an earlier post about uranus square mars as being a difficult one.but never answered as to why?? Id think maybe violent outburts,etc?? Can someone shed some more light on this one pls.
Unread 03-28-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsidmyself View Post
can anyone tell me what would be the very worst synastry aspects to have when reviewing the charts of two people. I was thinking sun square mars I heard that that aspects could mean violent arguments.
I feel that any negative Neptune and Pluto aspects are the real heavies.
Sun square Mars can mean arguments and violence but it would depend on the signs involved and the other aspects. It can give energy and
stimulation if handled correctly. Uranus for disruptive and unstable relations. Saturn can mean restriction and coolness. We need to look at the whole charts as always.
StillOne (03-25-2015)
Unread 04-11-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsidmyself View Post
Personally I hate anything involving Saturn or Pluto as it means an imbalance of power. You can only bully someone into submission for so long before they resent you. Any hard aspects from Saturn or Pluto to personal planets will feel suffocating and you can only put up with manipulation from Pluto for so long. Neptune is pretty messed up too, you feel as if you can't reach them. Uranus I can tolerate, I'm good at adapting. And who doesn't need occasional breaks from their partner? hehe If I have to pick one, which makes me think HELL NO, GET AWAY FROM ME it would have to be Saturn hard aspect to Moon. Having someone control/stifle my emotions...struggling to breathe just thinking about it.
wow misspelling galore lol. *fixed
Sagittarius is my #1 dominant sign, Jupiter #2 dominant planet! Jupiter, Uranus & Neptune in the 9th. One day I'll travel the world! Japan you're first

Last edited by tokyo.lights; 04-11-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Unread 05-20-2012, 09:03 AM

for me:hard aspects to the moon and mercury. i was in a relationship once where the guy's mars/sun conjunction in aries (gasp) was squaring my cancer mercury. the constant avalanche of arian power made me withdraw completely.

i think in any relationship communication is the most important thing. you can have dazzling sex, but if you can't talk about things, that's where it ends. hard mercury aspects don't necessarily have to be detrimental, as long as both partners are willing to work on it, or at least be aware.

hard aspects to my scorpio moon are also not a winner for me. if i feel threatened on whatever level, i will simply emotionally withdraw.
StillOne (03-25-2015)
Unread 05-26-2012, 02:22 PM

let me add mercury square moon to this list. i have a double square with somebody i was once interested in. neither of us had the intention to hurt the other, but it's something that constantly happened. i ended up walking on egg shells around him and there'd still be miscommunication. this aspect is a dealbreaker to me.
StillOne (03-25-2015)
Unread 05-27-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermoon View Post
for me:hard aspects to the moon and mercury. i was in a relationship once where the guy's mars/sun conjunction in aries (gasp) was squaring my cancer mercury. the constant avalanche of arian power made me withdraw completely.

i think in any relationship communication is the most important thing. you can have dazzling sex, but if you can't talk about things, that's where it ends. hard mercury aspects don't necessarily have to be detrimental, as long as both partners are willing to work on it, or at least be aware.

hard aspects to my scorpio moon are also not a winner for me. if i feel threatened on whatever level, i will simply emotionally withdraw.

I have to agree with you on Mercury in hard aspect to Moon. I dated a I had an opposition with, and I seriously would be sitting right next to him and not hear what he said. This was a consistent theme in our relationship, him having to repeat what he said to me! It was the weirdest thing and was the catalyst to breaking us up!! Well...he was also a jerk too!
Unread 05-27-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
I have to agree with you on Mercury in hard aspect to Moon. I dated a I had an opposition with, and I seriously would be sitting right next to him and not hear what he said. This was a consistent theme in our relationship, him having to repeat what he said to me! It was the weirdest thing and was the catalyst to breaking us up!! Well...he was also a jerk too!
i love it how the universe can be oh so helpful sometimes
Unread 05-27-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermoon View Post
i love it how the universe can be oh so helpful sometimes

I notice when I have the same synastry aspects over and over with the men I date I feel there is a karmic lesson involved. I usually attract some kind of hard aspect from Saturn to either my Sun, Moon, or ASC from the men I date. Definitely a lesson to be learned!! Saturn is my nemesis but also is my Sun ruler. Robert Hand told me this in a reading once that Saturn in hard aspect to Sun/Moon/ASC can be very rejecting(mostly to the ASC) and to the Moon and Sun, there is a feeling of fatedness but eventually ambivalence will develop between the couple and sometime coldness and disapproval. It's very difficult to overcome Saturn hard aspects to these planets and usually the harshness develops the longer you are together.
Unread 05-27-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Hahaha is like different FM and AM radio stations.

Tags
aspects, synastry, worst