Mental illness - Pluto transit

Melafyr

Hello, I am bringing some news about my friend. She is at the hospital and her mother and father come visit her. She does not allow anyone else to visit her, and the doctors are allowed to give information only to the family, so I know only what her mother has told me.

A*L was right about the dietary issues. She has low iron levels, which is known to cause psychiatric problems, but otherwise, there is no diagnosis yet.

I realize this might take a long time, but I am not losing hope.

I wish enyone reading this to have a good day, bye meanwhile.

poyi

Premium Member
What you said here made a lot sense and it is in her natal and progressions. In medical astrology Mars governs iron and blood, natal Mars at last degree of his dignity Aries in progression should now be in Taurus which is the detriment of Mars.

AstroLogical

Melafyr

Excellent news! Getting to the bottom of the underlying issues is what she needs.

I once knew a lady who began to suffer a near breakdown because of her declining mental state and horrid dreams which just freaked her out. She was a wreck. It all came down to extremely high levels of copper in her system. How that happened I don't think she ever found out. But once the source was recognized, treatment brought her back to normal within a month. Let us hope such a simple solution is at hand for your friend.

I'm so glad you are reporting in and updating us. Feedback helps us all dial in our stargazing receptors.

Take care of yourself throughout all of this as well
A*L

Melafyr

Hello astrologers, I am bringing news about the situation of my friend.

Sadly, she has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, and her state is not getting better yet. I hope the doctors will be able to find the right medicines for her, but the situation does not seem very good. The psychiatrist says that the low iron levels would not be able to cause her state as the sole factor.

She was my only friend and family, so now I am very lonely and her family is relying on me for information about her from the last years, which she spent with me, and that is very emotionally draining for me. I am handling problems from my own life now so this is really difficult.

I am really glad you are offering me such support and you knowledge of astrology as well. I wanted to say thank you.

poyi

Premium Member
Thank you for another update.

Schizophrenia is very well understood these days and I had seen well managed patients can still live relatively well. With her, having supportive family and friend like you, she has above average chance for a better life. It is not the illness that can defeat us but the lack of support can. You had done very well to stay with her and support her.

I wish you and your friend all the best!

AstroLogical

Melafyr

Yes, I agree with Poyi, the condition is much more understood these days. In fact characters with schizophrenia are the key personalities on some TV shows in the US these days. Years ago only a dark and negative portrayal of such a character would have made it to the forefront of a TV show or movie. Now they are presented as normal people yet with a personal struggle. The themes often suggest the disability offers them unique insights which others don't have. I'm sure this is the case as the mind is a very complicated universe; a portal to many universes, no doubt. As art emulates life, this update to represent people with schizophrenia as being "unique" and no different then someone suffering with MS or some other disorder, certainly helps to humanize them and expand their acceptance and support. Imagine this compared to the once held belief that they were possessed by the devil or evil spirits!!! That may in fact be true but eventually we will LOVE the devil away if we continue to find the Devine spark in each other. "We" are coming to terms with the human condition in all its diversity... little by little.

As a friend of mine once observed, "We are all clowns on the same bus." :biggrin:

Now, as for YOU! I suspected all this would take its toll on you and become more obvious to you once your friend's condition began to level out and find the proper treatment. That is why I closed my last message to you with, "Take care of yourself throughout all of this as well."

So, now that you have been administering to your friend all this time, if you—as a sincere caregiver—were to advise yourself for proper care, mental health and all around therapy... what would you prescribe for yourself at this time? What good advise would you offer up for someone in your shoes? What good medicine will help your weary heart and soul at this time? You should consider this because you still have a life to live and the clock is always ticking for each of us. What is the life lesson you can take from this experience to improve the quality of your out look? Can you realize this has also been a spiritual journey for you as well?

You do not have to answer me but my questions are to help hold up the mirror for you to realize something positive and useful from all of this. Use this to fill the sails of your ship and give you a greater direction in life. Don't just sink into sadness without reward. Your spirit found its way into this event and did so for a reason... for your friend, yes but also for you. Take some time to heal yourself AND make use of this. It may not be a reward you can hang on a wall or hold in your hand but it can serve you—if you look for the diamond in the dust.

Think, meditate and pray on this.
You have done well... You are a wonderful friend to have.
A*L

Melafyr

Hello everyone
First of all, I would like to apologize for not posting updates for some 14 days or so. Things have been very busy, and my life has turned around in so many ways i feel slightly dizzy.

About my friend: her state started to get drastically better since she was admitted to hospital, her speech improved and a few days back she finally regained her consciousness enough to admit that what she is experiencing is not real. I consider that a major step towards her return to normal.

She returned from the hospital this monday, and since that, her family has been taking care of her. I found a new room to live meanwhile and visit her as much as I can. I remain the person she trusts the most, and try to speak with her about her emotions. I seeked many therapeuts and doctors who gave me a lot of information on how to help her while not hurting myself, so i am well equipped for helping her. She say she feels better after speaking to me, which makes me happy. So far she has always made a great improvement in handling her psychic state after meeting me.

She even started working again, thanks to her father who gave her a job which she can do over the computer from home in a stress-free environment.

I made it my goal to become a person she can rely on, so I am working on my independence and building a network of good friends, as opposed to what i was used to untill now. I was a closed loner who only had one friend - her. I am meeting many new people now and gaining experience in human contact, something that my abusive parents denied me until my twenties.

Her medication is helping her very much, and although I realize she still has a long way to go, thigs are hopefully heading in the positive direction. She has found a will to overcome the limitations of her illness and learn new things about herself. I am thankful to God for that.

I cannot express how much you all have helped me during the challenging first phases when I was so lonely and helpless. Thank you, and God bless all your days.

AstroLogical

Melafyr

Wow! What a nice entry into this thread. I am so glad for your friend and just as happy for you. I suppose this whole story falls under the heading of, "Things Happen For A Reason" doesn't it? I believe it is true that we all take turns over the course of a lifetime or perhaps many, that, as the song says, "Sometimes your the windshield, sometimes your the bug." (Love that tune) and it says it so simply. Of course the lesson is humbling and should remind us all that we are here to help each other in Oh! so many ways...

Do drop in from time to time and dust off this thread to give us an update. It is good for all of us to know of your progress towards a more fulfilling life and your friends recovery as well.

Blessings back atcha
A*L

Melafyr

Hello everyone, I am going to post another update on this thread. My friend is getting better. Her psychiatrist says that she does not have schizophrenia. It was an episode of acute psychosis, unlikely to occur again. It was triggered by chronic stress, so she and all her family, including me are working on finding ways to help her live a healthy stress-free life.

She is on medication and is no longer experiencing any signs of psychosis, which is great. All the voices in her head have stopped, and although she is very sensitive and fragile, her thinking is back to normal - logical structures, her intelligence and personality, everything is back.

Lately, she is suffering from depressions. Her psychiatrist says that it is a common thing when recovering from acute psychosis, and that with her medications it shoud get better in about three weeks.

She sends regards and many thanks to all astrologers here who helped me through these trying times and wishes to write her experiences with this when she gets better.

I wish you have nice times meanwhile :)

poyi

Premium Member
Excellent news. I hope all these transits will now be wearing off and all the best wishes of her achieving the best most positive outcome from all this challenging events.

AstroLogical

Yes! Wonderful news. Still a ways to go but she's coming out of it. Then it will just be maintaining and building her endurance. I do hope when she is strong she will look back with courage to better understand the steps that led her into this darkness. Knowing and understanding that will better prepare her for facing any potential return of the condition... as you know, life will test her sooner or later.

So be well, and thanks for the update. I/we really do appreciate hearing from you and I hope you will continue if and when there is further info.

A*L