Family Annihilator ---Chris Watts

katydid

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpeg
    IMG_0072.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 84

katydid

There are several things in his chart that speak to his shocking crimes.

He has a Bowl Chart, but instead of one RIM, he has three Rims, as in three OPPOSITIONS forming the rim of his Bowl chart. That is a lot of inner turmoil.

I think that means he was very tightly wound. A lower hemisphere Bowl. such as this, indicates the native holds everything in, cannot spill the contents of the Bowl, and may be a very private person because of trying to stay 'within the rim.' He wants to hold things in and together but has three powerful oppositions, placed along the Ascendant/Descendant axis and the Nodal Axis.

So this man had THREE opposition's to deal with, and they fell upon his nodal axis and his Asc/Desc, thus bringing himself, his partner and his Karmic Path into the Inner Struggles posed by the Triple Rims of his Bowl.

And all three oppositions are textbook examples of serious potential issues:

Sun Opposed Saturn----Developmental Inhibition's

Mars Opposed Uranus---Struggle for Survival

Moon/Mercury Opposed Pluto---Mental/Emotional Upheaval

Sun/7th Opposed Saturn/1st:

With the Sun in the 7th conjunct the North Node, I would think the native's evolutionary journey would play out in his 7th of relationships. It could be important for him to learn to Share and explore true Partnerships. 7th House Suns can grow immensely through teaming up with another person.

But he also has the Saturn in the first in Opposition to that Sun in Taurus. So when he does try to relate, he may feel pangs of resentment and anger that simmer below the surface, in Scorpio. His Saturn conjuncts the So Node, and is aligned with his Scorpio Ascendant and Pluto the chart ruler in his 12th. So being an 'equal partner' brings up inhibitions and personal insecurities.

Of the 3 oppositions, only the Sun/Saturn formed a T-square. It has Jupiter Aquarius, as the trigger planet ,tightly conjunct the IC.

Jupiter, ruling the 2nd and 5th, conjunct the 4th cusp, gave him a way to work through the Sun/Saturn stress, by becoming a provider--a father and husband and building his own family, perhaps to battle his own insecurities?

Jupiter also expands and inflates whatever it contacts. So that Sun/Saturn opposition is exacerbated by the 4th house Jupiter. Whatever insecurities and doubts stem from that Opposition are magnified by Jupiter in the emotional 4th of home and family.

The other two 'rims' are perhaps the most intense. :

Mars/8th Opposed Uranus retro in 2nd---
Intolerance, a Lack of Balance, Self-Willed Obstinacy

The urge for Freedom and Independence, surging quite suddenly,

an outburst of strong emotional tensions, quick determination, an inclination to act prematurely

Moon/Mercury Opposed Pluto:
Pluto in the 12th, ruler of the chart, and cutting planet of the Bowl, is opposed to the Moon and Mercury.

Moon/Pluto=An extreme expression of feeling. Violent outbursts resulting from offended vanity or conceit or personal insults.

Emotional upheavals.

Mercury/Pluto= Over Estimation of Self, Hastiness, irritability, rashness,

Disturbances of the nervous system through excessive zeal or eagerness

Overtaxing of one's strength, restlessness, nervous irritation

Last edited:

ElenaJ

A horrendous crime. I watched some insightful videos on body language analysing him during the search of the house.
Katydid, I can't see the chart you posted very well, so I'm posting another one, hopefully a little more legible.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 17.00.30.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 17.00.30.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 87

ElenaJ

The sun/saturn opposition is also an indication of lack of self confidence.
The south node is in the ascendent, where his "safe space" is, that is, himself.
North node in the 7th, issues to be worked on, developed and resolved.
His marriage partner, ruler of the 7th, is Venus who also rules his 12th house. While Venus is weak in Aries, it doesn't really have any strong negative aspects, and it is actually in sextile to mars showing an ability to have a happy union. The 1st house Saturn opposing 7th house sun would have put pressure on this axis. Although the 1st house Saturn may have helped contain the mars/uranus volatility, mars being ascendent ruler.
His 8th of sex and death is ruled by mercury, who opposes pluto, co-ruler of the ascendent and in the 12th house.
His children of the 5th house, Neptune, ruled by Jupiter near the IC of home.
Jupiter aspects the mars/venus sextile positively so the children should have added a fulfilment to the marriage. So how can a person look at their little child and choke them to death?
I looked at some of the midpoints, and that of Jupiter/venus (the children and the spouse) is almost exactly square his mars/uranus opposition.
I've attached the lists of midpoints of mars, Uranus, Neptune.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 17.37.50.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 17.37.50.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 17.39.07.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 17.39.07.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 17.40.08.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 17.40.08.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 36

katydid

"I looked at some of the midpoints, and that of Jupiter/venus (the children and the spouse) is almost exactly square his mars/uranus opposition. "

That^^^ is chilling to see. I really feel like his Mars/Uranus opposition was horribly illustrated by his sudden violent behaviour.

He had never been violent or aggressive towards his wife or children before. And then to suddenly snap in such an extremely violent way is shocking. I don't think his wife ever saw it coming.

"The 1st house Saturn opposing 7th house sun would have put pressure on this axis. Although the 1st house Saturn may have helped contain the mars/uranus volatility, mars being ascendent ruler. "

YES. I think the 1st house Saturn helped repress his Sense of Self [Sun] and allowed him to quietly take a back seat. He held back for quite awhile before finally exploding. Eventually that Mars overtook the Saturn, being the Ascendant co-ruler.

Kind of frightening that the co-rulers of his Ascendant were Mars and Pluto, both of which were in difficult oppositions, aligned with the Nodal Axis.

ElenaJ

Actually, he may have acted impulsively when he strangled his wife, but he had time to think it over and cool down before he did the children.
Another interesting insight, he didn't want to have to support his family if he left and went off with his new lover, which brings in a money issue, and 2nd house. Which is exactly where the mars/uranus opposition lies. His money and his partner's money.
Speaking of his new lover, did she ever luck out! Had he gotten away with it, who knows how their story might have ended!

blackbery

I watched a doc about him. Extremely manipulative. No remorse. A classic psychopath who only thinks of himself, a complete narcissist. Sun-Saturn explains a lot regarding his cold, logical nature. It was his own father who got him to confess & even then, he blamed his poor wife that he murdered in cold blood of killing the children. Pure evil this creature, wouldn't even call him a man. He lacks humanity. He planned it. ..Sun conjunct Algol, the most malefic fixed star. It CAN be used for great creativity, for great works but he chose to use the dark, demonic energies to get what he wanted. He wanted to be free of his loyal, pregnant wife & children so he could be a swinging single guy & have sex with whoever he wanted with no obligations to tie him down. Aries selfish, 'me me' energy.....again, that can be used for great good in fighting for a good cause....the only person he fought for is himself.

I don't believe in the death penalty but willing to make an exception in his case.

Thank you for the thread & excellent astrology interpretation.

blackbery

I just googled update on him. Good to know he's rotting in hell.

Transiting Uranus sitting right on his Mercury, when it moves slowly to his Sun opposite Saturn in H 1 ruling body, head, he might end up dead in prison. Even criminals have a code & a man who kills children & a pregnant wife is the lowest on the totem pole.

Chris Watts 'Hates the Holidays' in Prison, Says Source: 'He's in a Hell of His Own Making'
The Colorado man is currently serving a life sentence for killing his pregnant wife and two young daughters

https://people.com/crime/chris-watts-hates-holidays-prison-says-source/

katydid

I watched a doc about him. Extremely manipulative. No remorse. A classic psychopath who only thinks of himself, a complete narcissist. Sun-Saturn explains a lot regarding his cold, logical nature. It was his own father who got him to confess & even then, he blamed his poor wife that he murdered in cold blood of killing the children. Pure evil this creature, wouldn't even call him a man. He lacks humanity. He planned it. ..Sun conjunct Algol, the most malefic fixed star. It CAN be used for great creativity, for great works but he chose to use the dark, demonic energies to get what he wanted. He wanted to be free of his loyal, pregnant wife & children so he could be a swinging single guy & have sex with whoever he wanted with no obligations to tie him down. Aries selfish, 'me me' energy.....again, that can be used for great good in fighting for a good cause....the only person he fought for is himself.

I don't believe in the death penalty but willing to make an exception in his case.

Thank you for the thread & excellent astrology interpretation.

YES, ALGOL. *shudder*.

I have a very good friend with his Sun conjunct Algol. He was an amazing musician, self taught and very successful. It was spooky how he could pick up any instrument and just 'know' how to play it.

I had great respect for Algol's power and thought he was capitalising on it creatively. But he didnt have the malefic Oppositions laying across his
Nodal axis...:bandit:

As for the planning of the murders, you are correct. He said himself that he had been thinking about it for weeks.

The day before he killed his babies, he took them to a neighborhood birthday party and watched them play with their friends. He admitted that he knew already at that time that he was going to kill them in the near future. :crying:

katydid

I just googled update on him. Good to know he's rotting in hell.

Transiting Uranus sitting right on his Mercury, when it moves slowly to his Sun opposite Saturn in H 1 ruling body, head, he might end up dead in prison. Even criminals have a code & a man who kills children & a pregnant wife is the lowest on the totem pole.

Chris Watts 'Hates the Holidays' in Prison, Says Source: 'He's in a Hell of His Own Making'
The Colorado man is currently serving a life sentence for killing his pregnant wife and two young daughters

https://people.com/crime/chris-watts-hates-holidays-prison-says-source/

Here is how he described the killings:

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/ne...-he-killed-his-wife-shanann-watts/3086133002/

Watts said he killed his daughters out of anger with Shanann “that he took out on everyone in front of him that morning,” according to investigators.

"Like I said, it’s like something else was controlling me that day," Watts said. "I had no control over, to fight back."

[Something else was controlling him, as he violently killed his family, and he couldn't fight back against it. Was that Mars/Uranus? Or Moon/Mercury opposed Pluto? ]

After Shanann returned from her business trip about 2 a.m., Watts said he felt her get into bed but also felt she knew about his affair.

He said they had sexual intercourse and then fell asleep. He said that might have been a "trigger point ... like you hit the push button on a bomb and it just blows up.”
[ That sexual trigger point pushing the Bomb to blow up----sounds like Mars in 8th opposed Uranus in 2nd?]

Watts said Shanann then told him she knew he was having an affair with someone and started to cry, but he denied having an affair.

“I just felt guilty … more guilty than ever before,” Watts told investigators, according to documents released Thursday.

[Was that Saturn opposed Sun? Guilt and Shame? Or Pluto /Moon?]

Watts said he felt like someone else was in control of him as he put Bella and Celeste in the back of his truck on the bench seat.

Watts said he returned to the truck and “Cece was first.”

He put his daughter’s Yankees blanket over her head and strangled her in the back seat with Bella sitting beside her, Watts told investigators.

“I wasn’t (thinking) … if I was thinking, this wouldn’t have happened … or any partial hint of what I feel for those girls and what I feel for my wife, then none of this would have happened … so I wasn’t thinking,” Watts said.

['I wasn't thinking '===sounds like Mercury opposed Pluto?]

katydid

"Those are my kids, those are my babies," Watts told investigators. "I talked to them every night. I don’t see how this could happen. Every time I see pictures of them now, I don’t know how this could happen. Being a dad was the best part of my life. I took it all away.”

That sounds like the T-square ---Sun opposed Saturn, apex to Jupiter conjunct IC

Being a Dad was the 'best part of his life'===Saturn in the 1st? Jupiter conjunct IC? But there was that Opposition from the Sun in the 7th, so the relationship got in the way somehow? It burnt him out?

leomoon

Starkman quotes the biography Letters from Christopher: The Tragic Confessions of the Watts Family Murders by Cheryln Cadle: "Born on May 16, 1985... He was born in Fayetteville, North Carolina, at Cape Fear Medical Center. He made his debut into the world on a Thursday around 7.00 P.M."

This gives him a Scorpio Rising 11:59° ...and Jupiter was transiting his 1st house over his SN and squared his (cusp 4th) natal Jupiter. Tr. Uranus was at 02taurus rx opposing his 12th house Pluto 02° Scorpio.

leomoon

Shanann had Tr Pluto within minutes of her natal Pluto when murdered by Chris. She was a typical hard working Capricorn soul, who loved what she did and still managed to find time to raise her children. The programs that depicted their lives said they were much in debt, (had a nice big home in Colorado where this took place), she worked and he worked at the Oil Refinery.

They took many vacations with the children, so perhaps they spent big too.
She always appeared happy to her friends and she had many of them.

Chris Watts Was an Oil Field Worker But Was in Financial Trouble http://bit.ly/29qBUt7 According to CBS News, Watts started working for Anadarko Petroleum as an oil field operator about six months before the murders. His annual salary was just over $60,000.
According to CBS News, Watts started working for Anadarko Petroleum as an oil field operator about six months before the murders.

Several high-ranking sources close to the investigation told KMGH they believe Christopher Watts, 33, placed the bodies of his daughters, 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste, in the containers owned by his former employer, Anadarko Petroleum, to mask the smell of decomposition from passers-by.

Photos here:
https://nypost.com/2018/08/17/slain-girls-reportedly-found-inside-oil-and-gas-tanks/

documents obtained by KDVR indicate that the Wattses had filed for bankruptcy three years ago, claiming $70,000 in debt. Most of the Watts' debts were a combination of student loans and retail purchases.

Shanann was returning home late from a business trip: She had been returning home from a business trip in Arizona, he said.

leomoon

Should we take him at his word?
It sounds a bit like a take on the old "The devil made me do it...."

Her parents (his inlaws) seem to be. They saying he's found religion and were upset that the author of a book with him, plagiarized and said otherwise. The link has a video about them from Netflix.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...his-family-before-american-murder/ar-BB19Nujx

The book also has another heartbreaking admission from Watts, who claims that he tried to force Shanann to miscarry her third, unborn child. A letter from Watts explains that he'd fed her "tablets" secretly in an attempt to make her lose the child, according to The Independent.

katydid

Thank You for posting the synastry chart. I wanted to look at it closer.

It looks like Shanann’s chart hooks right into all 3 of his oppositions. And they have the Asc/Desc conjunction, which is a powerful attraction between them.

Her Chiron conjuncts his Sun/Algol , placed in her 1st. [his 7th.]

Sun/Chiron is a tricky one in synastry. In a healthy relationship, it can be a healing factor. The Sun person is shining a light on the Wounds of the Chiron native. That can be ‘painful’ but ultimately a cleansing process which is healthy.

But in a toxic relationship, this conjunction can be detrimental and lead to dysfunction. The Chiron native just feels scrutinised, criticised unfairly, and the Sun sees nothing but negative, whining energy in response.

Add Algol to the mix, and we have the disaster seen in this 6 yr marriage.

So their Sun/Chiron conjunction opposes his Saturn in his 1st, and her 7th. Her Saturn is also in his 1st, conjunct his Ascendant and his So Node.

This just reenforces his natal Opposition between Saturn and Sun/Algol. She fortifies that opposition, thus intensifies his inner struggles and lack of self respect.

His Mercury/Pluto opposition sits right atop his wife’s Ascendant/Descendant axis.

His Pluto is exactly conjunct her Descendant. And it is also conjunct her Mars/Pluto conjunction on her Desc.

So once again, her chart intensifies his opposition and internal struggles. Her Mars activates his Merc/Moon Opposition to Pluto.

Her Mars triggers his ‘Emotional Upheaval’ and Childhood Angst. He has ‘Mother Issues’ according to this natal chart—and according to his background articles.

He was very much a Mama’s boy, and Mommy seems to be a toxic individual in his life. There is a lot written about her in the articles surrounding the crimes. She bashed and badmouthed Shanann, both after her murder and from the beginning of their relationship.

But it is shocking how powerfully her chart hooks into his Mars/Uranus opposition. It is quite tragic.

She Has Venus exactly conjunct Uranus natally @ 11 Sa. 40.
And her Nodes are @ 15 Gem/Sag.

So Her Venus/Uranus/So Node tightly opposes his Mars and conjuncts his Uranus.

She becomes the target for his Mars/Uranus volatility.

Sadly, they have a very tight Moon/Venus conjunction which makes her feel like she truly knows him and can trust him.

Last edited:

katydid

Should we take him at his word?
It sounds a bit like a take on the old "The devil made me do it...."

Yah, it is hard to take him at his word, for sure.

But I am looking at the context and timing of those statements. He had already been Found GUILTY---he was already in prison. And he gave one more interview to the same detectives that had been interrogating him since day one.

I think he was trying to understand it himself. You are right---it is easy to say 'the devil made me do it.'

But I do think he was trying to understand it himself. He had ZERO criminal history, ZERO Domestic Violence in the past, and no one ever reported him to have been aggressive or threatening in past relationships with friends or family.

In fact, one very ODD statement that his sister made, was that she had NEVER EVER seen him angry. :unsure:

He really was a tightly wound , lower hemisphere Bowl type, with three Malefic Oppositions as the Rims of the Bowl. His triple oppositions created internal/external struggles and he worked hard to keep everything contained and locked down. :ninja:

leomoon

Chris tob is from a biography written about him, but Shanann's is not known, so I used 12PM

It is uncanny how well it fit the entire relationship.

I heard his mother's interview. She claims her son was a shy and retiring person, only coming out of his shell later in life and that Shanann was the stronger of the two more assertive in her wants etc.

She claims her son spoke of getting a divorce, and he and his wife were in talks about it.

Shanann was very involved in social media (her Twitter acct. now is locked), but she posted many photos of the kids. I did learn one of the girls birthday fell on July 17th when she posted it in 2017. Not sure which one however.

It gives a kind of solace to know all 3 of them are together now...they were quite close to their mother.

Mother Cindy gives an extensive interview about Chris growing up:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...his-family-before-american-murder/ar-BB19Nujx