Aquarius moon and Scorpio Moon

In what ways can they clash with each other and in what ways they can co-exist?

Synastry is a complex business and you should have realised by now we are all visual people and need to see charts.... :rightful:

Generally though, both these are fixed signs therefore both are *stubborn* and don't like making changes for changes sake, but there is usually lots of loyalty and fidelity to....

To start with it's best to look at the individual needs of each persons chart and how they relate and what they are looking for. Astro.com does have an option composite + natal midpoint method (2) which I find helpful. If you choose to post the synastry bi wheel from astro could you please select the 2nd synastry option as it will put the houses and degrees onto the wheel which is far better for us to evaluate matters....
If you post the synastry chart and realise it doesn’t show the degrees (which we need to look at) you can find the degrees and other information in a separate PDF on the synastry page of astro.com. Look for the link "View the additional tables (PDF)" and click on it to see the additional information. Reading a synastry chart is mainly about reading the aspects between the planets in the two charts. So once you find the PDF, scroll down to the bottom of the page and look in the synastry grid that is there. Unfortunately, you can only see/read these and not save/upload. That’s why I like to see both natal’s and composite. This grid (in my opinion) has too many minor aspects and the orbs are quite wide. I like to use + - max 3’

When looking at a woman’s chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

Although synastry is a valuable tool with astrology it cannot 'make things happen' even if you have the best synastry in the world unfortunately..

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry_house_overlays.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry-houses.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastryaspects.html
http://www.cosmitec-astrological-compatibility-advice.com/astrology-marriage.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17513
http://www.astrotheme.com/synastry_advice.php

Inside Out Orange

Very generally speaking ... Scorpio is based on emotions, Aquarius is based on thoughts.

They're both fixed ... so there's inherent reluctance to change. So if they agree on stuff, they're going along fine; if they disagree they'll be at loggerheads trying to convince the other that their own position is right. Likely that'll lead to an emotional build up and you may find that Scorpio persists while Aquarius eventually walks away.

Traditionally Scorpio likes to know what others are thinking, Aquarians like to remain private. That said, I've found that to be true the other way round as well.

In synastry you're more interested in how the moon's aspect other planets (particularly the sun) because that will highlight the understanding the partners have. So an Aquarian sun with a Scorpio moon would likely get along well with a Scorpio sun with an Aqua moon because they can understand each's other way of feeling.

And of course an early Scorpio moon will trine a late Aqua moon; while late Scorpio moon may be sextile early Aqua moon. If they're both in the same area of the signs then they're likely to be square and more clashable.

crazybutterfly

They're both private in their own ways - Scorpio being secretive about everything & Aquarius is pretty self-contained. Scorpio Moons have a need for deep emotional talks/experiences & need intensity (drama) but Aquarius probably will try to "solve" drama & constantly try to analyze Scorpio.

I feel like for Scorpio Moon...jealousy, possesiveness, & other strong emotions come naturally to them & they need to feel those things to feel like themselves. But Aquarius Moon will deny any of those emotions & thinks its all petty. & Scorpios possesiveness might be a problem since Aquarius is super independent.

Saturnian

Yeah well...I am not asking this for a relationship,more for like friendship.

I just feel like I am a bit too much for people(me being a Scorpio moon) and I think it'd freak them out if I "unleashed" all that I feel.Maybe I am thinking this to make myself feel better,but is it me or generally people are afraid of strong emotions and feelings?
Like I said...maybe it's just a thought to comfort me,but this whole thing,avoiding to express feelings because of fer of how others will perceive,is making things bad...I don't know if it's the whole stellium in the 1st house that causes me to want to express many of the things I feel,I think,I believe,I want to say etc etc.Or it's the Scorpio moon.What I know for sure is that being an introvert doesn't suit me,it has a bad effect on my psychology and health(maybe I went a bit off topic here).
Well my friend is an Aquarius moon,and it's making me wonder lately.Plus she's a Taurus sun/mercury.Gemini Venus,Mars in Pisces and Asc in Gemini.But it's making me wonder if we're really compatible.Our friendship has run smooth till now,but I wonder if it can handle any hard time or arguments(since so far there haven't been any).I myself am not fond of arguments,but I do believe they have to be caused sometimes for one reason or the other.It can drive two people away from each other(friendship,romantic relationships,families etc)but it can also help to clear certain things and deepen the bond between two individuals.
(I am going elsewhere...anyway,I better open a new thread especially for this)

Inside Out Orange

Maybe I am thinking this to make myself feel better,but is it me or generally people are afraid of strong emotions and feelings?

Depends where you live. In northern Europe it's pretty scary, in southern Europe they thrive on those big displays of emotion!

At an individual level it depends how you are expressing them. The intensity with which they come across. If you bottle them up and let them all explode one go that's a bit scary (particularly as it can come across as uncharacteristic). If you're like that day-in, day-out people can usually accept it.

actio

So far an Aquarius Moon has accused me (SM moon) of being stubborn which adds to one of the replies above that both are "fixed" signs. We have not argued about anything as of yet, and generally have an agreement on many points. The few points where my opinion is different from his he explains away as me "being stubborn" which of course rubs me the wrong way, since he hasn't even bothered to make his point. I generally need some real life evidence, some experiences, observations, and studies to change my mind, but this Aquarius Moon has somehow leaped to a conclusion that I need to think same as him because he has said so.

Another Aquarius Moon has expressed a slight surprise at me "not wanting to change anything". So the fixed sign thing is definitely a friction point.

With SM moon I'm a lot more responsive to arguments that pick up on nuanced and deep-seated psychological and emotional points and I'm afraid an Aquarius moon is incapable of this, so it ends up looking as they wishing to influence and change my opinion but not bringing any worthwhile arguments to the table. And they keep stubbornly trying meanwhile blaming me for being the stubborn one.

Where we find some common ground is that Aqua moons are great at conducting research, getting new ideas cracking, finding unexpected connections, presenting a unique outlook on things, which is something I'm also interested in. But changing SM moon's opinion to meet their own they should forget about that.

CapAquaPis

Depends where you live. In northern Europe it's pretty scary, in southern Europe they thrive on those big displays of emotion!

At an individual level it depends how you are expressing them. The intensity with which they come across. If you bottle them up and let them all explode one go that's a bit scary (particularly as it can come across as uncharacteristic). If you're like that day-in, day-out people can usually accept it.

My French father's side has the Latin temperament when it's warranted, but it can be viewed as a stereotype. I'm American and we're told to keep it cool with our emotions, esp. for males in my culture. And I'm Aquarius sun/moon, we're like among the least emotional and not as easily prone to anger.

Ru33erDucky

Banned
Very generally speaking ... Scorpio is based on emotions, Aquarius is based on thoughts.

They're both fixed ... so there's inherent reluctance to change. So if they agree on stuff, they're going along fine; if they disagree they'll be at loggerheads trying to convince the other that their own position is right. Likely that'll lead to an emotional build up and you may find that Scorpio persists while Aquarius eventually walks away.

Traditionally Scorpio likes to know what others are thinking, Aquarians like to remain private. That said, I've found that to be true the other way round as well.

In synastry you're more interested in how the moon's aspect other planets (particularly the sun) because that will highlight the understanding the partners have. So an Aquarian sun with a Scorpio moon would likely get along well with a Scorpio sun with an Aqua moon because they can understand each's other way of feeling.

And of course an early Scorpio moon will trine a late Aqua moon; while late Scorpio moon may be sextile early Aqua moon. If they're both in the same area of the signs then they're likely to be square and more clashable.

Although others have offered more insightful info, I want to stress the emotional processing of both signs. Scorpio moons have this deep layer of emotional understanding that is processed the exact opposite to the rational minded Aquarius moon. The odd thing is, is that both do understand each other; but if they attempt to process the other's emotional being, they tend to clash. It's not that they don't understand each other, they just don't know how to communicate it effectively for the other to understand.

So, for example, a Scorpio moon will get bent out of shape over "spilt milk"; and while the Aquarius moon tries to communicate this to her, she believes he is being insensitive or doesn't understand how this issue has affected her. She believes he doesn't understand the "weight" of the situation that it has on her, not that they both don't know the problem is trivial. On the other hand, when the Aquarius moon is stuck in finding a deeper meaning, analytically, of a situation, the Scorpio moon doesn't go into the complexities of the situation, and tends to be more "emotionally" practical. A clock works with a combination of multiple gears, timed correctly, while the Scorpio moon will know it tells the time; and, depending on the circumstance, both sides have their merit.

This causes a lot of conflicts with each when they try to communicate what bothers them. On the contrary, such a combination can also be a great strength. They can process situations taking account of both sides of the situation (one rational one emotional). So it can make a good team; as long as they play their part and work on intuition instead of focusing on trying to explain themselves to each other. A Scorpio moon can help an Aquarius moon feel their emotion, while the Aquarius will help the Scorpio process their emotions.

I had a close friend that was a Scorpio with Scorpio moon. She would sit there and listen; and it did wonders. I, I helped her process her emotions and keep her grounded on what was practical without indulging too much in self pity. It helped give her directions. It was a really good strength of each of us. However, at times, it proved very difficult.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I would say Aquarius moon and Scorpio moon partners have open minds when it comes to sexuality. Would they be compatible after all? Let's find out if the opposites do attract. :love: :kissing: :wink:

Revised Modern astrology and planetary relationships or rulerships explains the nature of signs, esp. on topic about Aquarius (thought to be by Saturn and/or Uranus) and Scorpio (thought to be by Mars and/or Pluto).

Sun-Aries, Moon-Taurus, Mercury-Gemini, Venus-Cancer, Mars-Leo, Jupiter-Virgo, Saturn-Libra, Uranus-Scorpio, Neptune-Sagittarius, Pluto-Capricorn, Lilith-Aquarius, Chiron-Pisces.

Uranus is about the bizarre, unconventional and unorthodox - associated with the sign Aquarius, it can represent Scorpios pretty much.

and Lilith (not a planet) is about wicked, radical and morally controversial - also could influence Scorpio, then I can see Aquarians are all about that.

Personally, I have to be careful with Scorpio, as well Aries people. And some Taurus and/or Sagittarius in a romantic relationship (if I'm ever in one).

love-thinking

They can coexist if you discuss philosophies and ideas that enpower, transform, and transmute one's/collectiveness' powerlessness.

Make sure you are not out sharing your emotions or love to everyone, and explain how you feel to the aquarius if you are the scorpio of how you feel.

But just know aquarius is mostly a loyal sign. Hard to believe but it is. They have a very kantanian which means, they won't do anything that's against their moral principles especially if they think they are not being a good role model for the collective.

Which may not suit you as you want loyalty because they truly love you and see your inner beauty but oh well. But maybe conceptually, at some level they do but they are not obsessed with it.

AquaMoonChild

I really think it depends on other aspects in the chart. I don't know anyone with scorpio moon but my son's moon is cancer in the 8th house and he's a scorpio rising. I find his emotions overbearing and unreasonable. I am an aquarius moon and cancer sun. My emotions are either there or distant and pretty unpredictable. I can open up perspectives on other's emotions though. So maybe an aquarius moon could help a scorpio moon see whether his emotions are reasonable or ridiculous.

ardentika

I think it depends too. I have a friend with Aqua moon but she is also leo rising so putting that in her 7th house makes her a different type of AM. She is very expressionate in her love but at times she can be cruel and distant.
I know 2 Scorpio moons and they don't get along with Aqua moon haha. Indeed AM thinks SM are stubborn and too much in their comfort zone. Which is KINDA true. Also their need for explosive and deep/dramatic needs goes misunderstood from Leo/Aqua moon.