Lack of social life, why

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm definitely going to get a job. My mom said she didn't realize that a lawyers chances of having a good career depend a lot on what school they go to and suggested I start working part time soon and I told her I decided te same. So that's still happening. And right after I sent that I realized that I still have enough time to plan, get help with housing and get a job and save up. My parents said they'll help wherever they can also if need be.

I was gonna go back and edit my post but my phone does and I was out who my family and didn't have a charger. So I definitely took your advice and will get a job. Maybe it'll help me meet people, it'll coverts only give me work experience, and having money saved up is obviously a plus. I actually wanna thank you for suggesting that while also understanding my circumstances, that right there gave me some confidence to take action. So thanks for that--may not have been much to you but I appreciate it :)

Wonderful! I'm SO glad to hear that. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
We do live by a couple good universities (within a couple hours) and we live by a major city in another state (it's only an hour or two hours away). There are at least 3-4 universities I can think of that are close by. She's not trying to control me, she's worried because I'm the youngest and only daughter and I've never lived far for home. So I can understand her.
Ah... parental worry!

Sometimes when people make a major change in their lives, their loved ones have a knee jerk reaction, saying, in essence, "Don't change!" Your description of your mother and your sister-in-law ripping apart your plans sounded like that kind of knee jerk reaction on their part. Maybe it was just how you communicated that... discussion boards don't leave much room for nuances... but of course it could be much more than that.

But like I said, I'll get a job, ask questions, get answers, learn. I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm just stressed and overthinking. I'm not the first or the last person to go to grad school and that hasn't lived away from home. That's many many peoples' story. There's obviously a way, and I'll find it.
Of course there is.

You might find this site helpful: http://www.idealist.org/info/GradEducation

Check out the menu in the sidebar. It's got lots of helpful information, questions to ask to decide if graduate school is right for you, and if so, lots of helpful hints on how to go about getting in and how to make the most of it.

I found it looking for statistics to back up my claims when I was making that last post. I knew that most people who go to graduate school don't start right after college and that graduate schools seem more likely to admit applicants who have some life experience, but needed some backup before I went and said it.

When the end of the semester came she told me if I needed her to help me over winter break and prepare for the next level course that was coming up, I could text her and we could meet up and she'd help prepare me if she had time because she was also going to travel with her boyfriend.
And did you ever text her?
She also told me she was only giving me her number and not to give it to anyone else in class--but that was also as far as it went. She's in grad school now don't know where.
Ever look for her on Facebook? Unless she's hiding online, too, it's very easy to find people through social media.

I have several friends who I'm in sporadic touch with, and sometimes social media, or just running into them on the street, is how the friendship continues. One of those friends, I've known since sixth grade... and I just happened to bump into her again a few weeks ago! I consider that something special, the way we just keep running into each other randomly.

The other girls I study with are also good girls. But it never goes beyond small talk. With me and the tutor pre med girl, when everyone would leave we'd talk about personal stuff, but it was never like, "Let's hang out outside of school."
Did you ever suggest that yourself? Sometimes making the suggestion is what it takes. Maybe they were waiting for you to say something.

A good person is a good person. No shadow. If they have shadows and a dark side and that dark side is enough to make me disappointed on them as a person...guess what they aren't? A good person...
Everyone has a shadow. Whether you see it or not.

Morphstar

You placed too much angles for the aspects, this chart isn’t drawn properly. Please write your birth data so I can draw it myself.