Winter Solstice: New moon wishing

astro11

The exact time of the New Moon in Capricorn is 8:36 pm EST today (December 21st). It occurs at 0 degrees Capricorn. From 8:36 pm tonight to 4:36 am tomorrow is the best time to hand write 2-10 wishes and/or affirmations you would like to produce in your life next year. You may also do this all day on Dec 22nd, but the closer you get to the exact time of the new moon, the more powerful to turn your wishes/ intentions into reality. It is one of the best times to silently reflect on the year that has passed and create a vision of what you would like to co-create in your life next year.

If 0 degrees Capricorn activates an angle or a natal planet in your chart, see how you can incorporate the nature of that planet into your intentions. For example if your Mercury is at 0 degrees Capricorn you may write wishes focusing on your communication skills or if your Sun is at 0 degrees Capricorn you may want to include more wishes around your individuality, creativity and self expression. Even if 0 degrees Capricorn is not activated for you, you may benefit from making wishes around Capricorn ruled areas such as work, career, retirement, self discipline, accomplishments, authority figures and reputation.

Since the new moon will fall in one of your twelve houses, you may want to make a wish about that area of life. For example if the new moon falls in your second house, wishes could be about your self-esteem, values, belief system or earned income. If the new moon is in your eleventh house, wishes could be about friends, large organizations or humanitarian/ charitable pursuits.

Overall you should wish for what is most important to you and your overall purpose in life: Who do you want to be? Which characteristics of those you admire do you want to cultivate in the next year? In what ways can you use your talents and skill set to make a positive difference in the world? What types of people do you want to have in your life? How would you like to improve the quality of your existing relationships with loved ones? Which people or communities can you serve? What would you like to be remembered for?

New moon wishing doesn't work for everyone and I feel that the people who it does work for have the sincere expectation that their dreams will come true. As James Allen says in As a Man Thinketh "The outer conditions of a person's life will always be found to be harmoniously related to his inner state...Men do not attract that which they want, but that which they are.”
Thus it is important to keep a positive attitude and keep the practice of wishing. Sometimes when you really, really want something, faithfully wishing for it over and over again yields results. You have to have faith and trust in the Divine Source that created you. Also trust that if your dreams don't come true, God has bigger and better things in store for you.

Happy New Moon wishing!

Osamenor

Staff member
I've never done new moon wishing and didn't see this til the 23rd... but the energies of the Solstice rituals I participated in seem to have plunged me deeply into another layer of the journey of changing sense of self that I've been undergoing the past two or three years. One degree Capricorn is in my twelfth house, but conjunct my AC, which is at 3 degrees Capricorn, so fitting for sense of self and working through the subconscious!