Thoughts on The 7th House

dioskouris

Account Closed
I was ruminating on the 7th house. I know that in synastry it is considered an important indication of marriage, or at least long term partnership. But also it is the house of open enemies, so how can one tell which will be one's association with the sign in their 7th house?

For example, if one's ascendant is in Scorpio is rising then Taurus is descending, so generally a partner with a planet, especially a personal one, in Taurus would seem to be suitable partner...

But, what if based on the time of birth Taurus would actually be closer to the 6th house (eg. say someone with Scorpio rising has a planet in Taurus in the 6th house, or their partner's planet is in Taurus in said rising sign person's 6th house) then Taurus becomes associated more with an "open enemy" rather than an actual marriage partner; instead of appreciating the descendant sign's stability and materialism, find them overly stubborn, boring, materialistic, etc.

This is all speculative and observational. I may be talking nonsense. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Well... the easiest way is to look at the power and the friction level of the house itself. That's an easy calculation if the you have the software, a 12 hour calcualtion is you don't.

Z