Wondering about Asteroid conjunctions to natal planets in synastry?

Vista

I dated someone and felt it was a very deep connection. We were very in love but a series of things broke us a part. I am wondering specifically about Asteroids conjuncting the other persons natal planets, angle, Nodes? Does anyone have thoughts about these conjunctions or links to information about them? I checked the following asteroids and nodes both ways in our synastry and realized we have approximately 20 asteroid/node conjunctions between us. Is there any significance? FYI, We are 7 years apart in age so nothing generational. I know you are going to ask for charts but I am specifically curious about the following conjunctions from the below asteroids to natal planets/angles of the other person? What do you think? Any other asteroids of significance?

Juno, Pallas, Vesta, Psyche, Eros, Ceres, Eris, NN, Chiron, Eros, POF, Vertex.

Thank you for your thoughts or links to information on this subject.

astro11

The Vertex and Node aspects to each other or to planets/angles are fated and karmic. If you have both of these connections with someone, you can be sure you were together for an important purpose and they may play a part in shaping your destiny. This can be either a pleasant or painful experience, regardless there are lessons to be learned from the association. These aspects don't mean you have to stay with them for a long time, sometimes it is even one chance encounter with a stranger. It just means that they were there for a purpose and when the purpose was complete, so was the relationship.

Chiron connections can mean the person can play an instrumental role in causing deep wounds to come to light but also can help correct your thoughts/beliefs and heal you in the area represented by the planet. Sometimes, the same person can even do both these things in the same area of your life!

Vista

The Vertex and Node aspects to each other or to planets/angles are fated and karmic. If you have both of these connections with someone, you can be sure you were together for an important purpose and they may play a part in shaping your destiny. This can be either a pleasant or painful experience, regardless there are lessons to be learned from the association. These aspects don't mean you have to stay with them for a long time, sometimes it is even one chance encounter with a stranger. It just means that they were there for a purpose and when the purpose was complete, so was the relationship.

Chiron connections can mean the person can play an instrumental role in causing deep wounds to come to light but also can help correct your thoughts/beliefs and heal you in the area represented by the planet. Sometimes, the same person can even do both these things in the same area of your life!

Thank you for the detailed explanation! All of what you said makes a lot of sense! My Vertex is conjunct his ASC, His Vertex conjunct to my Jupiter, My Saturn conjunct his Chiron, his Mars conjunct my Chiron, His NN conjunct my Venus to name a few. As you can probably tell, there was a mixture of both pleasure and ultimately a lot of pain with him. I really miss him.
Thank you again!

Last edited:

astro11

I've noticed that Vertex-ASC attractions in particular seem irresistable, the bond usually seems so strong and comfortable at first but depending on other chart factors or environmental circumstances it can thrive or fizzle. The Saturn and Mars-Chiron connections will definitely cause their share of pain. The Jupiter-Vertex and Venus-North node connections sound favourable for growth due to lessons you taught each other.

Overall, I can see why you miss him because you have all these connections together. However, in my opinion when the purpose for a relationship is done, the relationship is too. If there is still a purpose for the relationship, fate will see to it that you are reunited with him despite any external factors.

Vista

I've noticed that Vertex-ASC attractions in particular seem irresistable, the bond usually seems so strong and comfortable at first but depending on other chart factors or environmental circumstances it can thrive or fizzle. The Saturn and Mars-Chiron connections will definitely cause their share of pain. The Jupiter-Vertex and Venus-North node connections sound favourable for growth due to lessons you taught each other.

Overall, I can see why you miss him because you have all these connections together. However, in my opinion when the purpose for a relationship is done, the relationship is too. If there is still a purpose for the relationship, fate will see to it that you are reunited with him despite any external factors.

Thank you for your feedback. I have checked other relationships and I don't have anywhere near the 20+ asteroid conjunctions we had. Interesting that.

It really resonates with me what you said "If there is still a purpose for the relationship, fate will see to it that you are reunited with him despite any external factors." I really do believe this and it doesn't matter how much you try or manipulate to see someone, if it's not meant to be it won't. Regardless, I do feel in my gut it's not over with him, just over for now. Thank you again.

Bina

No, how do you calculate? It's not in my Solar Fire software or on astro.com.
What is it about, the obvious "Karma?"

It is on astro.com, extended chart selection, at the bottom in the space for "additional asteroids, etc" put the number 3811 and it'll come up in the chart..

Dunbar also started a thread on this asteroid:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54059

It's position in the charts i've looked at is definitely very interesting! I would assume, just go by the name and in synastry it could indicate karmic connections. In a birthchart it may point to areas of important focus in this lifetime. Just my ideas.. :smile: .. more study and observation needed..

Sany

you were together for an important purpose and they may play a part in shaping your destiny. This can be either a pleasant or painful experience, regardless there are lessons to be learned from the association. These aspects don't mean you have to stay with them for a long time, sometimes it is even one chance encounter with a stranger. It just means that they were there for a purpose and when the purpose was complete, so was the relationship.

Hi, astro11! I read what you wrote here and it came to my mind: can`t you say this about any relationship? We always come together with someone for an important purpose and it always plays an important part in shaping our destiny. Actually, everything plays part in shaping our destiny and our lives. We get together because there are things we must learn from each other and from the association. Sometimes the experience is pleasant and sometimes it`s painful. Sometimes the relationship is short and sometimes it lasts longer, depending on the learning we have to do. And when the purpose is complete, so is the relationship. Sometimes there is a greater purpose and the relationship lasts longer, even for life.

I feel like this about any of my relationships, with or without vertex and north node aspects. But I also feel that relationships with those aspects are somehow different. I still don`t know how to explain it. There must be something else important about this aspects that makes some relationships different and special...

astro11

Hi Sany,

I don't believe that all relationships have an important purpose nor do they all have a part in shaping your destiny. Obviously the major players in your life (family, close friends, long term romantic relationships, long term business partners/ colleagues, enemies) are all going to be karmic but even among them there is a hierarchy of intensity of karma.

In addition to major players, strangers and acquaintances have the potential to be karmic/ shape your destiny. The difference is that their purpose is short-lived but the effects of their actions/words can stay with you a long time. I believe that when you like or dislike someone very strongly and in this life there doesn't seem to be an equally strong rational reason for it, it is usually an indication of past life association(s).

In my experience with astrology, it is the nodes, vertex and inner-outer planet aspects that determine these special "karmic" relationships and distinguish them from all other relationships. In my research and experience with clients, I have consistently noticed that the people most critical to a person's life development have many of these aspects in synastry and that they are within tight orbs. There are always exceptions to the rule depending on individual life circumstances but for most people it works very well.

Sany

Thank you for your explanation. I see what you mean. With vertex or nodal aspects between charts there is greater impact on our lives and their presence could point to past lives connections (if you believe in past lives ofcourse).

Vista

Hi Sany,

I don't believe that all relationships have an important purpose nor do they all have a part in shaping your destiny. Obviously the major players in your life (family, close friends, long term romantic relationships, long term business partners/ colleagues, enemies) are all going to be karmic but even among them there is a hierarchy of intensity of karma.

In addition to major players, strangers and acquaintances have the potential to be karmic/ shape your destiny. The difference is that their purpose is short-lived but the effects of their actions/words can stay with you a long time. I believe that when you like or dislike someone very strongly and in this life there doesn't seem to be an equally strong rational reason for it, it is usually an indication of past life association(s).

In my experience with astrology, it is the nodes, vertex and inner-outer planet aspects that determine these special "karmic" relationships and distinguish them from all other relationships. In my research and experience with clients, I have consistently noticed that the people most critical to a person's life development have many of these aspects in synastry and that they are within tight orbs. There are always exceptions to the rule depending on individual life circumstances but for most people it works very well.

I still believe we were supposed to be together...It's just this crazy feeling I have it's not over for good. I have a Water Grand Trine with my Moon-Jupiter-Neptune with Pluto making it a Kite. I know things in my gut that I have no way of knowing but it ends up being true. In this case, I truly hope I am right!!

My MP of Sun/Moon trines his Sun and his Part of Love opposes my MP exactly to the degree with my MP placed in his 7th house and his Part of Love placed in my 7th. My POL trines his Sun exactly and my Part of Marriage conjunct my natal Mercury exactly and his Sun AND ASC are ruled by Mercury; lastly, his natal Sun conjunct my progressed ASC within one degree his Progressed Mars(I'm Aries rising and it's very dominant in my natal chart) is approaching his Natal Descendant within 2 degrees! His Venus conjunct my IC, My Sun is in his 4th house, my Moon in his 10th, my Vertex and POF conjunct his ASC. Actually, I think we have more like 25 conjuncts of the above mentioned. In our composite, Vertex is conjunct the DES and Moon is conjunct the ASC. Am I crazy to think this was something important?? Out of curiosity, I went back and looked at past boyfriends, nothing even remotely close to the kind of connections I had with this guy, in fact, very few at all.

I just have not been able to move on from this guy!!! No one compares....it makes me very sad!!

Last edited:

Dunbar

Hi, astro11! I read what you wrote here and it came to my mind: can`t you say this about any relationship? We always come together with someone for an important purpose and it always plays an important part in shaping our destiny. Actually, everything plays part in shaping our destiny and our lives. We get together because there are things we must learn from each other and from the association. Sometimes the experience is pleasant and sometimes it`s painful. Sometimes the relationship is short and sometimes it lasts longer, depending on the learning we have to do. And when the purpose is complete, so is the relationship. Sometimes there is a greater purpose and the relationship lasts longer, even for life.

I feel like this about any of my relationships, with or without vertex and north node aspects. But I also feel that relationships with those aspects are somehow different. I still don`t know how to explain it. There must be something else important about this aspects that makes some relationships different and special...

That's very interesting. I agree with what you said about relationships and thier purpose. Astrologically, one of the most intense yet short-lived relationships I've been in lasted a year. There were major South Node-North Node connections, major oppositions involving both personal and outer planets. Major growth opportunity for both of us and I think we're both now grateful for having had it.

Just to tie it back to this thread, there weren't any major Vertex or Karma conjunctions. Just the NN and SN.

Dunbar

I still believe we were supposed to be together...It's just this crazy feeling I have it's not over for good. I have a Water Grand Trine with my Moon-Jupiter-Neptune with Pluto making it a Kite. I know things in my gut that I have no way of knowing but it ends up being true. In this case, I truly hope I am right!!

My MP of Sun/Moon trines his Sun and his Part of Love opposes my MP exactly to the degree with my MP placed in his 7th house and his Part of Love placed in my 7th. My POL trines his Sun exactly and my Part of Marriage conjunct my natal Mercury exactly and his Sun AND ASC are ruled by Mercury; lastly, his natal Sun conjunct my progressed ASC within one degree his Progressed Mars(I'm Aries rising and it's very dominant in my natal chart) is approaching his Natal Descendant within 2 degrees! His Venus conjunct my IC, My Sun is in his 4th house, my Moon in his 10th, my Vertex and POF conjunct his ASC. Actually, I think we have more like 25 conjuncts of the above mentioned. In our composite, Vertex is conjunct the DES and Moon is conjunct the ASC. Am I crazy to think this was something important?? Out of curiosity, I went back and looked at past boyfriends, nothing even remotely close to the kind of connections I had with this guy, in fact, very few at all.

I just have not been able to move on from this guy!!! No one compares....it makes me very sad!!

Those sound like some really intense aspects and overlays. Especially since you haven't felt the same way about the other guys you've been with. Are you 100% about his birth time being correct or near correct?

What's keeping you two apart? If you don't mind me asking..

Last edited:

Vista

Those sound like some really intense aspects and overlays. Especially since you haven't felt the same way about the other guys you've been with. Are you 100% about his birth time being correct or near correct?

What's keeping you two apart? If you don't mind me asking..

No, I don't mind your asking. I broke it off because he wasn't honest with me. He got scared of how fast things progressed in our relationship and sabotaged it.

And to answer your question, yes, I saw his birth time it's correct.