Rectification with sirius?

Annie

Hi Folks,

Firstly, not sure if this is the right place to post but I couldn't find a board for rectification and natal was the nearest thing I could find (rectifying a natal chart). So apologies if this is the wrong place.

Does anyone have any experience with the rectification module in sirius software?

The reason I am asking is I am trying to rectify my chart. Using Bernadette Brady's graphic rectification method I noted all the degree hits for 36 events. All the degree hit spikes can be accounted for by planets exept for two (3 degrees and 8 - 10 degrees) which are actually the two biggest spikes.

Going by Bernadette Bradys method this would presume that these are the ASC and MC, so I set up charts for every ASC and MC on these points and none of them have matches at both 3 and 8 - 10 degrees.

After months of work I had my chart rectified by two different people who come up with times 10 hours apart and again neither one accounts for the spikes in hits.

So now I'm thinking of purchasing sirius which is a very big outlay and I will have to save very hard for. Before I do I was wondering if anyone had used the software and whether they would recommend it.

JUPITERASC

Hi Folks,

Firstly, not sure if this is the right place to post but I couldn't find a board for rectification and natal was the nearest thing I could find (rectifying a natal chart). So apologies if this is the wrong place.

Does anyone have any experience with the rectification module in sirius software?

The reason I am asking is I am trying to rectify my chart. Using Bernadette Brady's graphic rectification method I noted all the degree hits for 36 events. All the degree hit spikes can be accounted for by planets exept for two (3 degrees and 8 - 10 degrees) which are actually the two biggest spikes.

Going by Bernadette Bradys method this would presume that these are the ASC and MC, so I set up charts for every ASC and MC on these points and none of them have matches at both 3 and 8 - 10 degrees.

After months of work I had my chart rectified by two different people who come up with times 10 hours apart and again neither one accounts for the spikes in hits.

So now I'm thinking of purchasing sirius which is a very big outlay and I will have to save very hard for. Before I do I was wondering if anyone had used the software and whether they would recommend it.
Keep in mind that software is not infallible
and in any event is based on the opinions of the individual programmer
and opinions differ in astrology particularly in the field of rectification.

There's are tips on rectification at :smile:
RECTIFICATION TIPS - VERIFYING ASCENDANT/DESCENDANT/MC/IC/ ANGLES
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626
As a result of questions on a thread at this link http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51377 and because IMO it is common knowledge amongst astrologers that checking a natal chart for correlations with transits is a basic requirement for all charts because the basic requirement is that any natal chart is a 'working chart', this is a thread for anyone interested in very basic chart rectification.

BASIC STEPS
List major life events such as academic rewards, degree, diplomas, exams passed, operations, hospital admissions of any kind, accidents, relocation to a new home, relocation abroad, marriages, divorces, births, deaths, starting first job, leaving old job, starting new job, anything important.

When looking back at transits for major events in life, as well as noting all aspects from transiting planets to the angles, remember to note in particular aspects from all the rulers of the ASC/MC/IC/DESC to other planets as well as to the angles themselves

If you focus on the seven visible planets to begin with, then you'll find that you have more than enough aspects to cope with - especially if you have many exact dates of events to check!

Btw
exclude dates that are "give or take a couple of weeks" as being totally too inaccurate!

Specific dates for major events
means the actual exact day as well as the precise time of the occurrence

- e.g. precise date AND time of giving birth... precise date and time of
when your wife/partner/girlfriend gave birth to your child... precise date and time of being wheeled into the operating theater to have appendix removed... precise date and time of any accidents involving broken bones... precise date and time of first day at work... precise date and time of graduation award... precise date and time of car crashes... precise date and time of relocating to new home... precise date of when decree nisi granted... precise date of any relocation that resulted... precise date and time on official letter from hospital/medics giving diagnosis.... and/or precise date and time of appointment with doc/medic who delivered the news... precise date and time of graduation day...

(a) Health involves the physical body, hence examine transits to the ascendant, transits to the ascendant ruler and transits by the ascendant ruler to the angles/other planets on the specific day of any health issues

(b) divorce AND marriage BOTH involve transits to the Descendant, transits to the descendant ruler, and transits by the descendant ruler to the angles/other planets on the specific day of the decree nisi

(c) divorce AND marriage BOTH involve MC as well. So examine transits to MC and to MC ruler, as well as transits by MC ruler to any of the angles by conjunction, trine, square and/or opposition

btw for those who are married, here's a link to my thread entitled "How to Rectify/Verify your Ascendant by Using Your Wedding Day Chart"
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=46743

Good idea to focus on the following basics when analyzing your data relating to specific dates and times of events:

(a) any planets on the angles, i.e. any planet conjunct, trine, square or opposing any angle.

(b) any ruler of any one of the four angles on any one of the angles. i.e. any ruling planet of any one of the four angles that is conjunct, trine, square or opposing any angle

No harm in learning basic rectification, don't be put off by thinking it is 'too difficult/complicated/puzzling' - it is an interesting and rewarding exercise.

Have fun! What you are sleuthing for are
:

(a)
transiting planets close to or at the degree of your ascendant/descendant for the given time of birth

(b)
transiting planets close to or at the degree of your MC/IC for the given time of birth

IMO you may find it helpful to - as you continue to focus on the seven visible planets and the degrees they occupy on the specific dates and times you have chosen - to
note in particular, IF on the same day a planet aspects by conjunction, opposition, square, sextile, trine:

(1) the approximate degree you currently have for the Ascendant

while
another planet on the same day aspects by conjunction, opposition, square, sextile, trine:

(2) the approximate degree you currently have for the MC

It is common knowledge that traditional ancient astrology planet domiciles for each ascendant are as follows:

Aries Ascendant = Mars

Taurus Ascendant = Venus
Gemini Ascendant = Mercury
Cancer Ascendant = Moon
Leo Ascendant = Sun
Virgo Ascendant = Mercury
Libra Ascendant = Venus
Scorpio Ascendant = Mars
Sagittarius Ascendant = Jupiter
Capricorn Ascendant = Saturn
Aquarius Ascendant = Saturn
Pisces Ascendant = Jupiter

fwiw Uranus, Neptune and Pluto were simply not visible to ancient astrologers who nevertheless successfully rectified charts and Rectification is an ancient technique at least two thousand years old, long before Uranus, Neptune or Pluto could be observed with the aid of powerful telescopes.

An example of an ancient/traditional rectification technique is the “Animodar” method of rectification which is explained at this link
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/animodar.html

Animodar is just one rectification technique of which there are many... These are just the basics... Good idea to assess/experiment with each method before drawing any firm conclusions.

Each astrologer has their own preferred method so examine/experiment with all methods to find the method you prefer

JUPITERASC

WEDDING DAY CHART RECTIFICATION METHOD :smile:

For anyone who has ever exchanged vows at a wedding
then another method of verifying the Ascendant is based on the fact that
during a wedding
particularly at the time the vows are spoken
the following key factors are notable

(a) the Ascendant Ruler and the Ruler of Cusp Seven must connect to the Natal Horizon DESC/ASC axis because that is what a wedding is, astrologically!

(b) On the wedding day - Sun, Moon, Venus and Mars must also connect to the Natal Horizon DESC/ASC axis

Why?

Venus and Mars must connect in order to symbolise the 'Archetypal Lovers'

Sun and Moon must connect in order to symbolise the 'Domestic Couple' – now united and involved in 'house-keeping', child-bearing, child rearing

Some of the ways the ASC/DESC rulers may connect to the Natal Horizon
:

(1) Trine, sextile, square, opposition, conjunction

(2) Any ASC/DESC ruler conjunct the MC is considered to connect to the local horizon via the MC/IC AXIS

(3) I have noticed from my own personal observation, that the Midpoints of the transiting ASC/DESC rulers of the wedding date, frequently connect to the Natal Horizon.

An astrological friend who has since died told me they learned of the above technique to verify an ascendant when they were a student decades ago
no payment was ever expected for the information
and I continue to pass the method on freely to others
so that anyone may test it for themselves.

If it does not work for you then check out another method – there are plenty!

JUPITERASC

The Ascendant must describe the physical appearance. Keep in mind that even within the same race there are differences of skin tone and eye colour

It's not unusual for children of the same race to be fairer or darker complexioned than their siblings.

So within the race of white/whitish people some siblings are darker/lighter complexioned than others
and likewise within the race of black/blackish people some siblings are darker/lighter complexioned than others

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE INDICATORS
RESEARCH BY ASTROLOGER RON BIPPUS OVER THREE/FOUR DECADES
WITH ILLUSTRATED EXAMPLES AT
http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

Focusing on height, weight, bone structure, eye colour gives overall good results :smile:

Black people with Blue eyes and other ethnicities Parts 1 and 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vhW7rR6VDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPBpCWm89Y

JUPITERASC

detailed instructions on precisely how to calculate the pre-natal Epoch Rectification Method may be viewed FOR FREE at http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm

Traditional astrologer Ventura studied with Helena Avelar and Luis Ribeiro at The Academy of Astrological Studies in Lisbon - here's a downloadable pdf file of an article he wrote detailing
THE ANIMODAR EFFECT
http://www.skyplux.com/init/static/animodar_effect.pdf :smile:

ILLUSTRATION OF THE ANIMODAR METHOD
PREVIOUSLY POSTED ELSEWHERE
AS FOLLOWS
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
One last thing, chart rectification. How does this work? Could you show me?

Now that I have figured out the Animodar sure.

I'll use Professor Gumby's chart to keep it simple. That chart is a Preventional Chart. How do we know? Because the Moon is applying to the conjunction of the Sun having completed its opposition to the Sun. So we need to cast a Lunation Chart for the Full Moon prior to birth (we would cast a Lunation Chart for the New Moon if the chart would be Conjunctional).

attachment.php

We use the Light Above Horizon for Full Moon Lunation Charts (and that would include a Lunar Eclipse for this purpose). That is the Sun at 28° Taurus 07'.

Which Planet has the greatest Dignity in the Sun? Venus does. Venus is the Sign Ruler and Venus is the Earth Sect Triplicity Ruler.

Now, switch back to the Natal Chart and look at Venus. To which is Venus closer in Degrees, the Ascendant or the Midheaven? Obviously the Midheaven at 1° Virgo 31'.

Yes, there are 30° in Virgo, but at Latitude 39°N07' how many degrees actually cross over the Midheaven as the Ascendant crosses the Horizon?

Look at the Right Ascensions of the Midheaven. We want the full 30° of Virgo so we subtract the Right Ascension at 0° Libra from the Right Ascension at 0° Virgo.

180°00' = 0° Libra at 39°N07'
152°05' = 0° Virgo at 39°N07'
-------
xxxxxxx

179°60'
152°05'
-------
027°55'

Now, the Midheaven is at 01°Virgo31' so how much Right Ascension is that?

153°32' = 1°31' Virgo at 39°N07'
152°05' = 0°00' Virgo at 39°N07'
-------
001°27'

We need the Hourly Distance of Venus.

Venus is at 4° Cancer 39'. Her Right Ascension is 95°04 and her Oblique Ascension is 74°30.

The Ascensional Difference is the Right Ascension minus the Oblique Ascension:

AD[Venus] = 95°04' - 74°30'

AD[Venus] = 20°34'

Venus is out-of-Bounds in this chart with a Declination of 24°N54' so we add the Ascensional Difference to 90° giving us 110°34' for the Semi-Diurnal Arc (we would subtract if the Declination was Negative and we would reverse that for those living in the Southern Hemisphere).

The Temporal Hours will be the Semi-Diurnal Arc divided by 6:

TH[Venus] = 110°34 / 6 = 18°25'

Then to find the Hourly Distance, we divide the Meridian Distance by 18°25'

How far away is Venus from the Midheaven by Right Ascension? We just subtract the RA of Venus from the Right Ascension of the Midheaven (RAMC).

Meridian Distance = 153°32' - 95°04'

Meridian Distance = 58°28'

Now we divide the Meridian Distance by the Temporal Hours to get the Hourly Distance

HD[Venus] = 58°28' / 18°25'

HD[Venus]= 3°10'

The Hourly Distance tells you the number of Houses away from the Meridian (either the MC or the IC) that a Planet is and that is what the whole number represents, and the fractional part is how far away from the Cusp of the House that Venus is.

Each House is essentially 2 Diurnal Hours. Think of the chart as a clock where the Ascendant is 6:00 AM so then 3 Houses or 6 Hours (3 * 2 = 6) later it is 12:00 PM and that is the Midheaven and the 6 Hours later is the Descendant at 6:00 PM and then 6 Hours later is the Nadir/IC at 12:00 AM and then we've come full circle back to the Ascendant at 6:00 AM in a 24-Hour period.

We just have to set up a simple proportion or a ratio:

27°55' : 2 = 1°27' : X

From our high school math, we know to cross-multiply and divide, and so we have:

2 * 1°27' / 27°55' = X

It's easier to use decimal notation:

2 * 1.45 / 27.91666 = X

2.9 / 27.91666 = X

0.03582 = X

So, um, what exactly is "0.03582" in Degrees?

It is less than 1°. That is what the big fat "0" means.

Let's multiply by 60 to convert to minutes:

60 * 0.03582 = 2.1492

That gives us 0°2.1492' of arc.

Multiply the 0.1492 * 60 = 8"

So there is a difference of 0°02'08"

Can we round that off? Sure, let's call it 0°02'

Now, there are 24 Hours in one day and 360° in the Zodiac Circle.

How many Degrees are in 1 Hour?

Simple, 360 / 24 = 15° and you might notice the longitudinal meridians around Earth are 0° 15° 30° etc and most of the Time Zones are based on those.

If there are 15° in 1 Hour, how many Degrees are in 1 Minute?

Simple, 15° in 60 Minutes or 1° every 4 Minutes.

And that is 30' every 2 Minutes or 15' every Minute/60 Seconds or 1' every 4 seconds.

So my birth time is off by about 8 or 9 seconds or so.

Now, if I was the Anal Retentive Astrologer, I would rip everything up, chuck it out the window and start with a whole new chart and post 30 "Read My Chart" threads about the new birth time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
Thanks for the help. I'll pay you back one day

Pay it forward. Attached Images
jpg.gif
Crosby Wealth.jpg (52.2 KB, 130 views)
jpg.gif
Gumby Wealth.jpg (51.4 KB, 96 views)
jpg.gif
Gumby Full Moon.jpg (37.5 KB, 96 views)

Annie

Hi Jupiter,

Thank you soooooooooooooo much for all that information. I did search the term 'rectification' before I posted but got zero results.

I intend to work my way through everything and will report my results

JUPITERASC

Hi Jupiter,

Thank you soooooooooooooo much for all that information. I did search the term 'rectification' before I posted but got zero results.

I intend to work my way through everything and will report my results
Hi Annie - that's ok - have fun :smile:
by the way
when searching,
select 'Advanced Search' from the drop down menu
clicking on the small downward-pointing triangle next to 'Search entire posts'
reveals an additional option 'Search Titles Only'
clicking on 'Search Titles Only' lists ONLY all thread titles with the word 'rectification'/the search of interest

Annie

Jupiter I wonder if you would check my logic here.....

For event one (lets say marriage one) figure out which charts would have the necessary aspects in orb. (lets say you end up with charts between 4.05 and 4.25)

For event two (lets say marraige two) as above. (lets say you end up with charts between 4.10 and 4.25)

For event three (lets say birth of child) as above and end up with charts between 4.10 and 4.20

Continuing with each event through life find the charts that would be within orb I would be able to discard the first chart two charts (if the other charts agreed).

So it becomes a process of elimination as much as anything.

Is this the right way to proceed?

It would be so fantastic if we had a rectification board with all of these methods pinned as I think it would help a lot of people.

poyi

Premium Member
I don't look like what the description of ascendant site at all. I think the energy of 1st house Mars sextile mercury and Mars/Venus trine moon had added a lot of mixed features. I think using major events will be most reliable.