Sirius

Raincow

Hello, Im wondering what Sirius represents in the birth chart? I have Sirius 6° from my cancer asc, 12th house, does that mean anything?
Is there any free way/link to find out where all the important fixed stars are in you natal chart, except astro.com?

Thanks..

Last edited:
B

babeldaob

Hi Sirius,

Malvin Artley has an essay on Sirius.

Other than that, I don't have much info (although there is a lot here and there on the net), and I've been trying to understand Sirius myself. Somewhere I picked it up that Sirius was the "seat of the brotherhood", and while that immediately made me think of the Magic Flute and Sarastro (O Isis and Osiris) :cool:, which of course is no coincidence (Sarastro is the priest of the Sun, Artley mentions Sirius' connection to the Sun), I am not sure whether the "Rosicrucian" flavor that I associate with this phrasing is in line with what was originally meant by it. I once heard someone say that Sirius was the guiding star for the soul (you will find something comparable in Artley's essay). I've always seen Sirius in connection with Mercury, and as something like Mercury's aide-de-camp (or is Mercury Sirius' aide-de-camp...? ;) ) -- inspiring Mercury to come up with something of ethical, perhaps universal value, something serving the betterment of humanity. Einstein had it conjunct AC, which probably strengthened the association with genius that one tends to have with Sirius.

I'd be curious to hear what others' ideas are. :)
BabelD

astro.teacher

Sirius is way to far away from your Ascendant to have influence over it. I personally do not consider fixed stars unless they are exactly a 0 degree orb. Theres enough of them to bridge the gap.

Carole

Raincow:

You can learn about fixed stars and their influence reading the books by Reinhold Ebertin and Georg Hoffman, Fixed Stars and their interpretation, and Brady's Book of Fixed Stars, by Bernadette Brady.

Enjoy them!:)

Carole

tsquare

I just discovered fixed stars too.:)
Dont know much.
found this sight on some of them.
http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html
it has keywords, shows position, stars effect pos.-neg., and character.

and heres some stuff on Sirius
http://www.crystalinks.com/sirius.html

Sirius seems to have a bit of history to it.

My true node is 1 degree off of it but I dont know how much that matters Im still looking into it myself, thanks for the other links guys im gonna check em out.

Edit--oh yeah, I heard Bush Jr. has it on his sun.
------------------------------
Tsquare

Last edited: