Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Gemini888

Because I am a Libra at heart!
Libra, when they know how to use their energy, is quite a great friend. I know a Libra who is a master of persuasion because she is so nice and convincing. She studies with me during the Master program and she actually unites everyone together no matter how different we are. She can get a bit irrational sometimes but generally she's a great friend. Maybe because I have NN in 7H, I appreciate that type of energy. I think I can feel that kind of positive energy from you too Gem :cool:

So Gem, if you say you are a Libra because your Sun is in 7H, does it make me a Taurus with my 2H Sun? MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

david starling

Libra, when they know how to use their energy, is quite a great friend. I know a Libra who is a master of persuasion because she is so nice and convincing. She studies with me during the Master program and she actually unites everyone together no matter how different we are. She can get a bit irrational sometimes but generally she's a great friend. Maybe because I have NN in 7H, I appreciate that type of energy. I think I can feel that kind of positive energy from you too Gem :cool:

So Gem, if you say you are a Libra because your Sun is in 7H, does it make me a Taurus with my 2H Sun? MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not with THAT accent! :lol:

conspiracy theorist

Here is an challenge for both u and David, one I haven't quite worked out in my head. :sideways:

There is perhaps 3 houses with a reputation for the occult, 8th, 12th, and surprisingly the 9th. There is one individual on this board I respect, with, I daresay astrological power coming from 9th placements. I don't know the rest of his chart.

Based on what we started above (some of difference between 8th and 12th talents).

What do you guys think are the core differentiators in astrological talent, between talent from 8th placements, 12th placements and 9th placements? What does each contribute and how are they different?

Probably should've tackled this on the night you asked about it since I'm not really in the head space to express my thoughts in a way that I'd find satisfying.

Whether or not these houses give astrological talent is one thing, but if they contribute to the skill I'd say it's because in the case of the 8th house you are dealing with the crises brought about by psychological pain and torment.

Traditionally speaking, the 8th house was simply a house of fear and mental anguish, alongside death. What modern theory has added to the table is much more elaboration on the "mental anguish" theme, since most modern day astrology is influenced by psychology. If something was successfully updated in the astrology sphere, it might be the understanding of the 8th house.

It's not much of a secret that many persons who come to astrology come in a time of crises, trying to find some meaning or bearing on what is going on in their life. A lot of people end up staying after the crises has subsided as they found that astrology has successfully explained and contextualized the challenges in their lives, and provides deeper reasons for the seemingly tragic things happening in their life. The talent that an 8th house individual could provide is along the lines of a "midwife of the soul" or to be less dramatic, good counselling skills. The ability to get into the psychological nitty-gritty, and to "bond" might be invaluable skills - especially if they focus on the evolutionary, modern day stuff.

The 9th house is traditionally the house of divination, "God", higher learning and the law. If this house gives astrological talent, it might be as a result of increased interest and ability to plunge into the philosophical underpinnings of the art, as well as a higher than average ability to grasped the laws governing theory and practice. An interest in the history and development of astrological ideas over the subject's lifespan might be present, as this is a house that gears one toward study. Divination is also naturally signified in this house and an attraction to anything oracular is possible - of which astrology is one such example.

The 12th house is also a house of great mental anguish - it shares that with the 8th house. Though this house also goes one step further and states that it is a house of the mental afflicted and disordered. It's also a house of great trials and tribulations, and governs such things as isolation and being "outcast" from society. It's traditionally a house of magic and that may partly have to do with the fact that magic was always seen as a fringe undertaking; even those societies that exalted the shaman had a healthy distance (reverence) for the figure - but he was an outcast all the same. Many spiritual leaders were noted to have left behind society and to go into deep isolation prior to some great enlightenment and downloading of spiritual knowledge - Mohammad and Gautama are popular examples. (there's a discussion of it in Aleister Crowley's book 4 under "preliminary remarks" Book 4). The 12th house is also a house of sleeping and dreaming and I've encountered from a veteran magician that those who practice magic (real magic) need more sleep than the average since a lot of work is done when the conscious mind is shut off and the deeper parts of your being are allowed to work unfettered. If the 12th house gives astrological ability it will probably do so because the practitioner is able to connect to the "beyond" and to have a direct relationship with the archetypal/planetary energy in such a way that you can do more justice to communicating what they are trying to convey. The 12th houser will also be more likely to isolate themselves where they can get into a space where the "divine energies" are better able to contact and to meld into the consciousness of the astrologer.

The Chaldean order of the planets attributed to the houses also gives some insight to the different ways that these house can manifest - 8th and Saturn (Pain, school of hard knocks, well earned wisdom, traditionally occult and hidden things), 9th and Jupiter (Learning, law, higher knowledge, faith, spirituality), 12th and Venus (weird right? But I see Venus as "love" and a lot of spiritual knowledge is communicated through direct contact and "divine attraction" - Gnosticism)

That's what I got so at the moment.

conspiracy theorist

Do you have any reason why altered states of consciousness would come naturally to me as well as the mystical or the all or whatever with no 12th house placements?(except for my Chiron)

Also someone mentioned the 29th degree which is where my Sun is and I don't feel unlucky. I don't know the origins of the whole anaretic degree thing, but I don't feel unlucky

Well, I don't think the 12th house is the only indicator in the chart of someone who could connect in a deeply spiritual way or has access to altered and supra-normal states of consciousness.

conspiracy theorist

Systems always break down. It drives me crazy when I try to make things make sense, but I still have a drive to try.

My preferred way to get to the truth of a single matter is to get in a meditative state outside where I can hear natural sounds and feel the sun on my head, and then I draw one Tarot card.

What has been your experience with meditating with tarot cards? I just had the urge for a few days to meditate with the strength card and to sleep with it under my head at night.

Lykanized

Well, I don't think the 12th house is the only indicator in the chart of someone who could connect in a deeply spiritual way or has access to altered and supra-normal states of consciousness.
What other indicators do you think there are? In all actuality, I relate to both the 8th and 12th houses yet have no placements in them aside from my Chiron. Granted the Chiron in the 12th house is probably significant given that it's the primal wound

conspiracy theorist

You're very strongly lunar, and that's an energy that is very underrated in the astrological sphere for connecting with the spiritual, which is totally at odds with a lot of other spiritual traditions. Dreams, the "astral plane", intuitions, magic, the night, darkness.... all that stuff fall under the auspices of the Moon.

Also the combination of the extreme amount of planets retrograde (5 planets), the state of your ascendant ruler Mercury - It's retrograde, in a watery sign and is connected very closely to every outer planet, all of which are retrograde. It's also making a phasis (which means that this is a ridiculously good Mercury and can speak to your profession - you've been pitching yourself as a writer for the longest while).

You have a very flamboyant Mercury. I don't think you give it much credit.

Gemini888

It's not much of a secret that many persons who come to astrology come in a time of crises, trying to find some meaning or bearing on what is going on in their life. A lot of people end up staying after the crises has subsided as they found that astrology has successfully explained and contextualized the challenges in their lives, and provides deeper reasons for the seemingly tragic things happening in their life. The talent that an 8th house individual could provide is along the lines of a "midwife of the soul" or to be less dramatic, good counselling skills. The ability to get into the psychological nitty-gritty, and to "bond" might be invaluable skills - especially if they focus on the evolutionary, modern day stuff.
OK, now I'm curious about something that may be specific to this board. Do you think the people who come to this board hoping to get an answer for their crisis then end up staying and giving services to others (like me) have strong 8H placements, in contrast to those who come and leave or just stay to ask more questions?

Yeah, I did stick to astrology because of my crisis (a 10H one), but I came to know astrology completely not because of crisis, but because of pure Gemini curiosity. Before that I was strongly against astrology and only used Sun signs as a joke. Then I was introduced to birth charts and I spent time to research it.

The 12th house is also a house of sleeping and dreaming and I've encountered from a veteran magician that those who practice magic (real magic) need more sleep than the average since a lot of work is done when the conscious mind is shut off and the deeper parts of your being are allowed to work unfettered. If the 12th house gives astrological ability it will probably do so because the practitioner is able to connect to the "beyond" and to have a direct relationship with the archetypal/planetary energy in such a way that you can do more justice to communicating what they are trying to convey. The 12th houser will also be more likely to isolate themselves where they can get into a space where the "divine energies" are better able to contact and to meld into the consciousness of the astrologer.
Does this apply to writers/creative people too? I have 12H Saturn and I sleep a lot. But when I'm awake I can crank out a large amount of word count.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Maybe because I have NN in 7H, I appreciate that type of energy. I think I can feel that kind of positive energy from you too Gem :cool:

Aww thanks! U just made my evening. :joyful:

Hahaha! That made me laugh. Its more than the Sun though. 6/10 planets have Venusian vibes and influences.

Now that I categorized the above it actually really scares me now. Because my Venus is quite afflicted! :surprised: Uh-oh.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

OK, now I'm curious about something that may be specific to this board. Do you think the people who come to this board hoping to get an answer for their crisis then end up staying and giving services to others (like me) have strong 8H placements, in contrast to those who come and leave or just stay to ask more questions?

Yeah, I did stick to astrology because of my crisis (a 10H one), but I came to know astrology completely not because of crisis, but because of pure Gemini curiosity. Before that I was strongly against astrology and only used Sun signs as a joke. Then I was introduced to birth charts and I spent time to research it.

Maybe I have selective sight in this regard, but I think the people who stick around on the forum and post actually have good "communicative" synastry with the forum natal chart. Before the current influx of Gemini energy at the Jupiter ingress last year, I did notice a lot of "astrologers" had Sagittarius and Gemini heavily represented in their charts. Also Aquarius energy.

Does this apply to writers/creative people too? I have 12H Saturn and I sleep a lot. But when I'm awake I can crank out a large amount of word count.

Ms. Depth asked about those houses relation to astrological talent (if they actually contributed to it). No reason why it wouldn't also apply to creatives since you are mediating forces from one level of consciousness to another. I have 3 planets in the 12th house and I don't sleep as much as I should.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Unlikely, because you are all about extremist, personal power right? And all the stuff I remembered, it sounds exactly like the kind of experience you would go through.