Why does Mars Joy in H6?

SunConjunctUranus

The 6th house represents illness, slavery, and the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune (bad luck generally). Mars is quite at home there because he causes a lot of those things. That's why it's his joy.

Also, with Mars joying in the 6th, and Saturn joying in the 12th (both houses that don't see the ascendant), they can get up to mischief without you knowing about it until it's too late - which is often the case when you fall ill, or find someone has betrayed you.

On the good side, it's harder for planets to act in dark houses like that, so it's not as bad as having the malefics on an angle, where they have lots of power to wreak havoc.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

There is a term in Vedic which called "uppachaya" houses. Where the malefic planet are joy in this house. Is that any correlation to Hellenistic Astrology?

GemwDepth

Account Closed
The better question is, when the malefic joys, does it become better, or worse?

The short version of what I found on the shallow-web, is that the 6th was traditionally the house of open enemies (not the 7th). Which kind of make sense as it directly opposes the 12th, your hidden enemies. Since Mars is the warrior energy. It gives the native much courage to battle and destroy your open enemies. Hence the ‘joy’ factor.

There’s gotta be more to this theory though, backed up by examples, patterns, and how they reached that conclusion.

I’ve noticed people with Jupiter or Venus in the 6th are usually well thought of at work, and are quite lucky there. Does that mean they have no open enemies? Perhaps that’s not the best example, as a benefic anywhere produce some benefit to that house.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
First, not all Hellenistic authors mention the joys. For example, Ptolemy makes no mention of them (although he does use the names of the places a few times, but perhaps for clarity).

Second, those that do, they do not always agree on whether the malefics in their joys are very good or very bad. Valens wants the malefics in the good places of V and XI, saying they do not do bad, but he says they do worst in the bad places of VI and XII (double negative does not make a positive). Paulus on the other hand says that the malefics in their joys bring good fortune if they are also favorably placed. It basically became the medieval dignity point. Valens seems to treat of those places not as dignity considerations, but as places influenced and controlled by the rulers that ''rejoice'' there.

Last edited:

Starsareround

First, not all Hellenistic authors mention the joys. For example, Ptolemy makes no mention of them (although he does use the names of the places a few times, but perhaps for clarity).

Second, those that do, they do not always agree on whether the malefics in their joys are very good or very bad. Valens wants the malefics in the good places of V and XI, saying they do not do bad, but he says they do worst in the bad places of VI and XII (double negative does not make a positive). Paulus on the other hand says that the malefics in their joys bring good fortune if they are also favorably placed. It basically became the medieval dignity point.

Doesn’t Obama have a dignified Saturn in H12 for example?

Starsareround

In the tropical zodiac, yes. In the sidereal zodiac with whole signs, the houseruler of the preceding Full Moon is in its domicile and rising.

It looks like my Moon/Saturn is moved into the 1st house in sidereal whole signs. Not sure I can sign on to such an upgrade!

Last edited:

Somna7H

Banned
I was so close to felt the Joy instead I am sad now. My Mars very near to 6th House.

BTW, What type of Joy Mars can give a person if in his/her 6th House ?

Starsareround

Somna
My Saturn is in really bad shape from both Vedic and Western perspectives. Yet I have a successful, creative career and healthy, smart children. Yes, I’m divorced and etc etc but I’m not incarcerated/ hospitalized/ suicidal. It’s possible to still make the most of what you have.

wilsontc

Staff member
Get back to astrology

All,

Please get back to astrology. I have deleted the non-astrological comments. This appears to be a Traditional astrology issue, so I've moved it there.

Back to astrology,

Tim

Somna7H

Banned
Somna
My Saturn is in really bad shape from both Vedic and Western perspectives. Yet I have a successful, creative career and healthy, smart children. Yes, I’m divorced and etc etc but I’m not incarcerated/ hospitalized/ suicidal. It’s possible to still make the most of what you have.

My Saturn is Good enough from both Vedic and Western perspective. Even im running Saturn/Saturn nor. Don't know why my situation like this. I think Saturn is the reason of Delay so everything must be delayed ?

Talking about Mars. Dignity of Mars not Good but it Conjunct my 6th House Cusp. In certain house system Mars in 6th House and Conjunct Pluto too.

JUPITERASC

My Saturn is Good enough from both Vedic and Western perspective. Even im running Saturn/Saturn nor. Don't know why my situation like this. I think Saturn is the reason of Delay so everything must be delayed ?

Talking about Mars. Dignity of Mars not Good but it Conjunct my 6th House Cusp. In certain house system Mars in 6th House and Conjunct Pluto too.
if you read the thread you shall notice that a moderator
has moved thread to traditional board so dwarf planetoid pluto is an irrelevance :smile: