Ascendant and Appearance - do they match up?

Do your Appearance match your Ascendant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boston Guy

LoL, that is indeed quite funny... not wanting to look like your Asc.:lol:

Actually, the average height, stocky figure, round head -- is all quite Cancer-like. DO you have a rather moonish-round face, too? Now, be honest.:p

Also, is your mum quite a go-getter kind, or at least high-strung kinds?

Thank you for sharing.

Moonish...? Yes... One of my nicknames is Casper, after Casper the friendly ghost.

Kind of funny actually, politically, I'm rather conservative, and being stark bald and shaven up top, a girl at my college point blank asked me if I'm a skinhead. I was kind of ticked so I asked her "What the **** kind of skinhead wears a shirt, tie, and khakis?? It isn't like I'm all tatted up!"

Yes, I suppose I am cancerian.

Crab people... Crab people...

Thanks, SF. So, what is Venus up to in your chart? Any planets in your first house? Any tight aspects to your Asc.?

That description sounds very venusian indeed.

My Venus is in Taurus, as I mentioned, and is in the 8th house in whole signs which I use. In all quadrant house systems it's in the 7th house. It's conjunct my Saturn, though not very closely (not within 3 degrees). It also opposes my Mars. There are a couple of sextiles to Venus as well, but they're less interesting. I actually posted my chart before, so there's a chance that you still somewhat remember it. :)

In most quadrant house systems my Mars is in the 1st house, but it's in the 2nd house in whole signs. There are no tight aspects to my ascendant.

Lykanized

It puts your Mars where I thought it must be, bang on the Asc., so all that you said about yourself in your first post on this thread can be explained by Mars' position.
Could the moon conjunct give me a desire to express myself through those sudden changes I make to my appearance or style?
And major aspects to first house planets and the chart ruler can affect things too, right?
This is all very very interesting. It's honestly a much more complex topic than one might think at first glance
If major aspects to first house planets and the chart ruler affect demeanor and style, it makes sense because people often don't know what to expect of me. My mom has remarked that I have multiple personalities(not like the clinical disorder) and people are frequently surprised by the fact I seem innocent but am not innocent whatsoever. My identity has all the discongruent pieces, but somehow I like it that way

Btw, I also have a round face even though I'm a Cancer sun-Virgo ascendant. I'm not sure how much I believe in astrology affecting the aspects of our physical appearance that are genetic, tho

Last edited:

aquarius7000

My Venus is in Taurus, as I mentioned, and is in the 8th house in whole signs which I use. In all quadrant house systems it's in the 7th house. It's conjunct my Saturn, though not very closely (not within 3 degrees). It also opposes my Mars. There are a couple of sextiles to Venus as well, but they're less interesting. I actually posted my chart before, so there's a chance that you still somewhat remember it. :)

In most quadrant house systems my Mars is in the 1st house, but it's in the 2nd house in whole signs. There are no tight aspects to my ascendant.
SF, I said in my previous post that your description of yourself sounds very Venusian (your Asc. is in Libra), and now I know why it did. Venus in Taurus is excellent and strong, so, no wonder. When Venus is dignified, it reflects a native that is of a calm composure, does not like to quarrel, is well-mannered, often has a sweet tooth (esp. with Venus in Taurus), and the like.

Could the moon conjunct give me a desire to express myself through those sudden changes I make to my appearance or style?
And major aspects to first house planets and the chart ruler can affect things too, right?
This is all very very interesting. It's honestly a much more complex topic than one might think at first glance
If major aspects to first house planets and the chart ruler affect demeanor and style, it makes sense because people often don't know what to expect of me. My mom has remarked that I have multiple personalities(not like the clinical disorder) and people are frequently surprised by the fact I seem innocent but am not innocent whatsoever. My identity has all the discongruent pieces, but somehow I like it that way

Btw, I also have a round face even though I'm a Cancer sun-Virgo ascendant. I'm not sure how much I believe in astrology affecting the aspects of our physical appearance that are genetic, tho
The Moon on the Asc. will often give the native a moody disposition (the Moon waxes and wanes), a roundish face (that is where your round face comes from), soft eyes, often a soft disposition (however, with Mars close by, that disposition could be rough), a tendency to put on weight (however, with a Virgo Asc., that might not be the case, unless Merc. is in Cancer or Taurus), and the native could be closer to the mother (figure).

Whoam1

Aquarius7000, do you see any aquarian traits in my personality or appearance? I'm just curious as the two stelliums in my chart are one in Aquarius and one in the 11th house. The 11th house contains the MC ruler (Venus) and Aquarius contains the traditional ruler of Scorpio (Mars).

aquarius7000

Aquarius7000, do you see any aquarian traits in my personality or appearance? I'm just curious as the two stelliums in my chart are one in Aquarius and one in the 11th house. The 11th house contains the MC ruler (Venus) and Aquarius contains the traditional ruler of Scorpio (Mars).
Natal chart in placidus, please.

aquarius7000

Thanks and it does work, well, sort of. Only it could not have been tinier :)

Well, I can already tell you that your stellium in Aquarius is not a stellium actually because it has only one personal planet, Mars. You might want to read up on stelliums a bit. However, for now, let us please keep this thread on track. Thanks.

david starling

Thanks and it does work, well, sort of. Only it could not have been tinier :)

Well, I can already tell you that your stellium in Aquarius is not a stellium actually because it has only one personal planet, Mars. You might want to read up on stelliums a bit. However, for now, let us please keep this thread on track. Thanks.

Conventional Modern Astrology definitely includes its three Astrological-planets that are on beyond the orbit of Saturn, in "stelliums", by its definition. In the Modern sense, :uranus: is the ruler of Aquarius, and in this case is both part of a stellium, and domiciled as well.

Whoam1

Conventional Modern Astrology definitely includes its three Astrological-planets that are on beyond the orbit of Saturn, in "stelliums", by its definition. In the Modern sense, :uranus: is the ruler of Aquarius, and in this case is both part of a stellium, and domiciled as well.

South node-Neptune-Uranus-Mars, I figured this as a very spiritual point in my chart, eventhough the Neptune and Uranus are generational, Mars and SN are not, also my mom is an Aquarius sun so when she was actually raised me, it was under a very Aquarius influence. Another thing is the MC is in cardinal air, and the AC ruler is in a fixed earth sign, pointing to fixed-air. Wouldn't the AC ruler Saturn give power traditionally to my Aquarius in the chart?

belabismo

Yes dye your hair ombré. Like platinum base pastel pinks? Maybe add like a light copper? You need this! What is your skin tone?

I was thinking more overall platinum blonde, I can't dye my hair unnatural colors b/c of work. I do love the white blonde/lavender look tho. :happy:

My skin is pretty pale but my face can be ruddy.

zipadee

Warning: Really unnecessarily long post. What can I say, I've got a Mercury dominant chart. But seriously, my apologies.

Dunno if I'm a little late on this one but I really am curious to see what you think about my AC. aspects and their relation to my actual appearance/how I come off to people. I have a lot of energies surrounding my AC (especially), IC and DC.

Everything in my chart pretty much goes back to Mercury which is conj. (1 degree) my AC. in Virgo. I have my Sun (3 dgs.) conjunct an exact NN/Lilith conjunction, in 1st house and Virgo as well.

Mercury is in a T-square with Moon and Pluto, Pluto is 2 degrees away from my IC, and the moon is exact on my DC.

3rd house stuff: Chiron is conj. Venus in my 3rd (this sextiles my asc. by 1 deg.), Mars is there too (in Scorpio).

I've heard that having the ruler of your Asc. in your 1st house or on your Asc. makes you a poster child for that planet. I'd say that's entirely true for me, to say I read often as a kid is an understatement, and in school I was told I was a pretty good writer. An example: once I sent my mother a draft of an essay I was writing, she yelled at me for plagiarizing because she was convinced I actually hadn't written it.

I'm 5 foot, slim(ish) and very young-looking (surprise, surprise), long brown hair and green eyes. I can post a picture if it helps your studies. Whenever I'm nervous I tend to do things really quickly. My moon in Pisces chills me out though as well (don't worry folks, I'm not totally Virgo) but I wouldn't say that I'm a very outwardly critical person, despite what it looks like from my chart. Honestly, most all of my critical thoughts (I admit, there are a lot) I keep to myself and think about them on my own. This might have to do with Plutonian influences or the fact that almost all of my planets are in the bottom half of my chart.

Last edited:

david starling

Warning: Really unnecessarily long post. What can I say, I've got a Mercury dominant chart. But seriously, my apologies.

Dunno if I'm a little late on this one but I really am curious to see what you think about my AC. aspects and their relation to my actual appearance/how I come off to people. I have a lot of energies surrounding my AC (especially), IC and DC.

Everything in my chart pretty much goes back to Mercury which is conj. (1 degree) my AC. in Virgo. I have my Sun (3 dgs.) conjunct an exact NN/Lilith conjunction, in 1st house and Virgo as well.

Mercury is in a T-square with Moon and Pluto, Pluto is 2 degrees away from my IC, and the moon is exact on my DC.

3rd house stuff: Chiron is conj. Venus in my 3rd, Mars is there too (in Scorpio).

I've heard that having the ruler of your Asc. in your 1st house or on your Asc. makes you a poster child for that planet. I'd say that's entirely true for me, to say I read often as a kid is an understatement, and in school I was told I was a pretty good writer. An example: once I sent my mother a draft of an essay I was writing, she yelled at me for plagiarizing because she was convinced I actually hadn't written it.

I'm 5 foot, slim(ish) and very young-looking (surprise, surprise), long brown hair and green eyes. I can post a picture if it helps your studies. Whenever I'm nervous I tend to do things really quickly. My moon in Pisces chills me out though as well (don't worry folks, I'm not totally Virgo) but I wouldn't say that I'm a very outwardly critical person, despite what it looks like from my chart. Honestly, most all of my critical thoughts (I admit, there are a lot) I keep to myself and think about them on my own. This might have to do with Plutonian influences or the fact that almost all of my planets are in the bottom half of my chart.

You call THAT an overly long post? Where's the Virgoan "wall of text"? :lol:

Lykanized

You call THAT an overly long post? Where's the Virgoan "wall of text"? :lol:
omg... are Virgos known for that? I feel like I always exasperate all my friends or potential friends with walls of texts( Virgo moon, mars, and ascendant)

I say we Virgoans just have very complex minds that can perceive every angle. We're the geniuses of the zodiac #facts

zipadee

hahaha not living up to Virgo standards might cause me a serious identity crisis :andy: maybe I should add more lol

Lykanized, I agree, I think we get a bad rep., on the theoretical astrological streets

Lykanized

hahaha not living up to Virgo standards might cause me a serious identity crisis :andy: maybe I should add more lol

Lykanized, I agree, I think we get a bad rep., on the theoretical astrological streets
Hey, the others just can't keep up with our lightning fast minds :kissing:

Milkwalker

:annoyed:Well ... I think I'm more or less according to my ascendant ... it's how I see myself and how others see me. Taking into account aspects of appearance and personality (much less personality)

aquarius7000

:annoyed:Well ... I think I'm more or less according to my ascendant ... it's how I see myself and how others see me. Taking into account aspects of appearance and personality (much less personality)
Can you elaborate with details, as the idea here is to learn. Could you give your Asc. and then your appearance/traits you attach to it, or what others say about you.