Aspects of a public speaker

Kitchy

Banned
I am usually shy and introverted but in my high school English class I was required to give a speech. My mercury (communication) is in Aries. You should have seen it, the class was riveted and I had their undivided attention, and when I was done speaking they all clapped louder than for any of the other students' speeches, clapping almost in unison like disciplined soldiers. Not trying to brag but that's what happened. Ah I love my Aries Mercury.

My son was born in the 89 stellium. He has merc - uranus trine from 5th cusp to 1st. He has Saturn with stellium in 1st which aspects his venus and his uranus. He doesn't much like public speaking, but he's not afraid of it and when he's in it (he is a professional musician who is in front of a microphone every day) he uses it wisely. Has always nailed the art of conveying a point with metaphor or reality. The more I think about it, Sun Merc is what makes for folks who are able to connect their mission or purpose through words of thoughts spoken. His merc is trine uranus in earth signs - not one to pound the pulpit - but solid rock opinion appeals just the same.

The 7th house of the public speaker audience - the 10th house - and to a large degree - 4th house upbringing - is the factor to consider in the natal chart of a public speaker, I would venture to say.

If Merc of public speaker is in 12th house - who is he appealing to? 12th house people - Pisces - Neptune - Jupiiter - good will above practicality, sometimes.

If Merc of public speaker is in 10th and conjunct Sun - then you got someone who is listened to just because.

Moon and Sun, as I earlier wrote - only gives the convivial ability to show emotion through self expression - but mercury must has to be prominent to hold more than one or zero people's attention at that moment. The more I think about it.

Sometimes, we might consider the value of public presentation/speaking as a merc retro subject - when a message sent in the past was not received because of distractions - but at the right moon timing - the message is delivered in past and present to willing ears.

Hence, a public speaker might always want to examine the mercurial transits and natal aspects to determine whence a message is received. Look at Trump - he's as sloppy good as they come in traditional public speak (blah blah blah) because he doesn't blah blah blah, but his message is received and heard and felt and all that moony-mercury-sun energy is the biggest ear.

It's less about delivery than reception. A good example which I will never promote but mention only in history, is Adolph Hitler - a man who tapped into the masses' need for 'answers' to difficult times and used his words to corrupt and betray humanity.

Public speakers should know their audience - in that way - the audience knows the public speaker. I am terrified of public speaking if I know I have to speak before a hundred people. If I happen to be in a room with a hundred people and I feel a need to say something - different story.

Last edited:

AstroAries

I do not fall for the mainstream version of history like the rest of the masses. History is written by the victors after all. People say Hitler is bad without even researching the guy or even listening to his speeches. He was a great man in my opinion. His Mercury in Aries, like mine is what made him a powerful speaker I think, with his Mercury widely trine his Moon which added powerful emotion to his rhetoric. If his recorded birth time is correct, then his Mercury would be in the 6th house of health, so perhaps his aggressive speaking was just the remedy that Germany needed in its dark days of the Wiemar republic. Germany did prosper when Hitler came to power.

Kitchy

Banned
I am talking about public speaking here - not fanatical scary views by anti semites - but I was talking about an example of a speaker appealing to weakness and emotion of an audience. moon-mercury and probably some pluto stuff I would think. The delivery planet - mercury - has to be prominent - along with sun/moon presence, in a compelling public speaker's chart.

RaRohini

Sun or Mercury in the 3rd house Gemini Ardra star with a strong 5th house of self expression i would think.
A strong Taurus in the 2nd house would give a commanding voice.