Narcolepsy?

sashafasha44

Does anyone know how I can identify narcolepsy in my birth chart? Perhaps Pisces 6th house may have something to do with it? Can't find concrete info online if you can point me in the right direction that would be great.

https://imgur.com/a/7JHgD4P

Last edited by a moderator:

Frisiangal

Disclaimer: I am not medically trained, whereby any information offered is derived from the rules applied to astrological symbolism as it pertains to the branch of astrology that deals with health issues. The personal focus is through the modern psychological related rather than traditional perspective. It implies that physical disease is not ‘automatically’ written into a chart but can be psychosomatic of nature as a result of mismanagement of planetary energy.

Does anyone know how I can identify narcolepsy in my birth chart? Perhaps Pisces 6th house may have something to do with it? Can't find concrete info online if you can point me in the right direction that would be great.

A quick search of Internet sites produced the following:

1. Narcolepsy is a chronic sleep disorder characterized by overwhelming daytime drowsiness and sudden attacks of sleep.

2. What is the root cause of narcolepsy?
Many cases of narcolepsy are thought to be caused by a lack of a brain chemical called hypocretin (also known as orexin), which regulates sleep. The deficiency is thought to be the result of the immune system mistakenly attacking parts of the brain that produce hypocretin.

Astrologically,

Sleep disorders and/or the unconscious comatised state see the influence of Neptune,
anything 'chronic' of nature sees a signature of Saturn,

the (mal)functioning of the immune system usually involves harsh Saturn-Neptune aspects.

Saturn represents the control and responsibility over 'self'. It's the manifested limitations of the physical body ...its outer skin that protects against invasion of that which is non-personal to, and not good for it.
Neptune in harsh aspect can have 'a weakening' effect upon the physical body .
Astrologically, it rules the complete (endocrine) glandular system, with each individual gland ruled by a specific planet.

Saturn rules Capricorn at I.C., and is the traditional ruler of Aquarius on 5th cusp.
Neptune is modern ruler of Pisces on the 6th house cusp (physical ailments).

There is a Sun in Aquarius square Saturn. Paternal issues?
Saturn is semi-square (predisposition to manifested disorders) Neptune.

Mars conjoins but its energy is inhibited by Saturn that is, itself, weakened by Neptune. The emotional outlet of Scorpio is contained.
Mars rules Aries ...the workings of the brain.

Planetary energy that should be used externally for one's self works 'inwards'.

Discover the meaning behind the planetary symbolism, as well as the influence of other planets in their specific equations, and an answer for narcolepsy, other than purely medically scientific, could well be found ... and cured (positive Neptune).

:wink::smile:

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi

Sleep is an interplay between the Moon and Jup (ruler of Pisces). Both those planets also rule the hypothalamus gland located between the ears and behind the eyes. This gland is the one, which releases the neuro-transmitter hypocretin responsible for the regulation of sleep. There is a trine between these planets in your chart, so they support eachother, and you might end up in overdoing (jup) the sleep (Moon -subconscious) bit.

In your case, you have an elevated Moon (which loves ease and comfort), you have Moon in opposition to Mars, which means that the regulation is mal-affected.

It might also do well to note here that you also have Saturn-Mars, which can also make one feel out of energy and lethargic.

You might want to get yourself test for hypocretin levels as well as sugar levels, which also interplays with the release of hypocretin after food intake

sashafasha44

A quick search of Internet sites produced the following:

1. Narcolepsy is a chronic sleep disorder characterized by overwhelming daytime drowsiness and sudden attacks of sleep.

2. What is the root cause of narcolepsy?
Many cases of narcolepsy are thought to be caused by a lack of a brain chemical called hypocretin (also known as orexin), which regulates sleep. The deficiency is thought to be the result of the immune system mistakenly attacking parts of the brain that produce hypocretin.

Astrologically,

Sleep disorders and/or the unconscious comatised state see the influence of Neptune,
anything 'chronic' of nature sees a signature of Saturn,

the (mal)functioning of the immune system usually involves harsh Saturn-Neptune aspects.

Saturn represents the control and responsibility over 'self'. It's the manifested limitations of the physical body ...its outer skin that protects against invasion of that which is non-personal to, and not good for it.
Neptune in harsh aspect can have 'a weakening' effect upon the physical body .
Astrologically, it rules the complete (endocrine) glandular system, with each individual gland ruled by a specific planet.

Saturn rules Capricorn at I.C., and is the traditional ruler of Aquarius on 5th cusp.
Neptune is modern ruler of Pisces on the 6th house cusp (physical ailments).

There is a Sun in Aquarius square Saturn. Paternal issues?
Saturn is semi-square (predisposition to manifested disorders) Neptune.

Mars conjoins but its energy is inhibited by Saturn that is, itself, weakened by Neptune. The emotional outlet of Scorpio is contained.
Mars rules Aries ...the workings of the brain.

Planetary energy that should be used externally for one's self works 'inwards'.

Discover the meaning behind the planetary symbolism, as well as the influence of other planets in their specific equations, and an answer for narcolepsy, other than purely medically scientific, could well be found ... and cured (positive Neptune).

:wink::smile:

what do you mean it could be found & cured? Can you help me with this. I have consulted astrologers, they have no information for me & I looked at my chart & I'm totally confused. I haven't been able to find anyone to help me with this & it is destroying my life. How can I cure this? I have to take medication constantly & I have heavy heavy depression. I really don't know what else to do at this point. How can I cure this? I cannot figure it out. I've been trying to with astrology & without for years now...

Frisiangal

what do you mean it could be found & cured? Can you help me with this. I have consulted astrologers, they have no information for me & I looked at my chart & I'm totally confused. I haven't been able to find anyone to help me with this & it is destroying my life. How can I cure this? I have to take medication constantly & I have heavy heavy depression. I really don't know what else to do at this point. How can I cure this? I cannot figure it out. I've been trying to with astrology & without for years now...

Hi again,
I was taught medical astrology through its holistic application.
As explained in the disclaimer at the top of my previous post this 'method' implies that physical discomfort can be the result of psychological issues; i.e. problems and their effects in life that one doesn't care to see and face, so suppresses or even represses them from consciousness. The personal energy, symbolised by a specific planet(s), can work inwards and affect the normal and natural working effect of an individual.
Physical discomfort is usually seen when there are harsh aspects in a chart.

Western modern medical health astrology pays attention to planetary energy in the 1st and 6th houses, which are generally associated with conditions regarding physical health.
There are 3 major planets in the 1st house that all refer to 'control'; being controlled, or having (no) control, losing control in one way or another. Pluto would suggest situations of a traumatic nature and Scorpio has a deep emotional impact regarding situations. The three each oppose natal Moon which, through the sign it is in, represents how one expresses their feelings. Taurus is an Earth sign. Its need for safe and secure 'groundedness' is provided by the comforts that tangible matter gives. I.e. That which can be physically felt by actual deeds.

An opposition would suggest that this may not be/ have been forthcoming in a manner that one would wish (Moon) and becomes a controlling factor in how life is approached. An Aquarius Sun desires the opposite. To be free and independent of the effect of emotional ties to go its own way and do its own thing, irrespective of what other people say, do, and think.
There is a conflict between the Sun's desires and Moon's needs. As mentioned before, parental issues over which there is no will to combat (Mars), and/or within the relationship sphere.

You do not say whether narcolepsy has always been existent, or occured following a particular event(s) in life that was difficult to face, handle, and accept (Saturn). Emotional depression is often seen in harsh Moon-Saturn aspects

To combat, to solve and find a cure (Neptune) for the physical issue, there is a necessity to get to, dig up, destroy, and elimate the root of the problem (positive Scorpio and Pluto effect) that affects you in such a manner that 'sleep' becomes a remedy to escape its memory. Only you can do that.

Apart from seeking medical advice for the complaint as expressed by Aquarius 7000, have you ever considered undergoing the self-healing of psychological therapy (Chiron) in the form of hypnosis, regression, etc., and/or even the calming effect of yoga practices?

Overcoming personal fears of what will be released may be the first major step you have to take.

Good luck to you.

:smile:

sashafasha44

Thank you, I developed after military boot camp which was yes traumatic in many ways. I also have no recollection of my childhood before age 3. I have been doing shadow work. I have looked into hypnosis but wasn’t aware that it could help with this matter. I thought maybe bring Pluto dominant may have something to do with this? I’ll see what else I can find. Thanks again.

Harmelia

Hi!
I found what others have written you to be very interesting and I will think about what they've said.

First, I want to ask - when did the narcolepsy begin? How often does it happen? Do you notice any patterns in regard to when it happens?

I have some thoughts looking at your chart. I have no idea if this will be helpful, but your past life symbol shows that there was a sudden trauma - in the past life and maybe in this one as well - Uranus conjunct South Node within a degree. There was a shock to your 2nd house Self-Concept. In Sagittarius, it could involve a judgment made against you.

If you had no time to process the sudden shocking event, you may have set up a pattern of zoning out, when you get close to the issue, even if unconsciously. Maybe it happens when you are being a bit expansive or nearing completion of a goal - something like that - when you're stretching yourself.

Your Taurus Moon in 7th likes things simple and harmonious. You have a hard time with messiness or complications in relationships. Yet you have all those planets in Scorpio where things are messy and complicated.

Seems to me you are working with these themes. Maybe if you play with these ideas and pay attention to when the narcolepsy happens - and especially think about when they started happening, you'll get the "mind-body" reason for why they are happening.

What do you think?

Harmelia

Thank you, I developed after military boot camp which was yes traumatic in many ways. I also have no recollection of my childhood before age 3. I have been doing shadow work. I have looked into hypnosis but wasn’t aware that it could help with this matter. I thought maybe bring Pluto dominant may have something to do with this? I’ll see what else I can find. Thanks again.

EXACTLY what was happening when it developed? What was happening the first time it happened? You need to be as exact as you can be? Was a relative about to visit or were they visiting? Were you just starting a new job? What exactly was happening right when it happened?

ashriia

Hi.
I think pisces in the 6th is only a part of it. In my opinion its an interplay of the planets here. Let me also say that in my opinion, for issues with dealing with any kind of brain activity I'd take a look at uranus for anything unusual.
Third house which rules the mind. And 6th house which rules daily life/health.
Both of these rulers(neptune and jupiter) are in conjunction within the 3rd house of the mind. Then you have ruler of your sun--uranus being in conjunction with the south node; while in the 2nd house is still influenced by jupiter which rules 3rd since its in the same sign Sagittarius.
Uranus I am sure is the biggest culprit here.

Pluto currently is in exact conjunction to your natal IC, that can make things seem really gloomy, and is very heavy energy-- dark feeling energy. But it will pass. Just take care of yourself during this time, be patient with yourself, and work to heal your psyche, seek any therapies you need. This is the best time to do so.

take care

sashafasha44

EXACTLY what was happening when it developed? What was happening the first time it happened? You need to be as exact as you can be? Was a relative about to visit or were they visiting? Were you just starting a new job? What exactly was happening right when it happened?

Hi, I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this. The thing with narcolepsy is that it took me a good while to realize it was an issue. I thought I was just ADD initially bc I couldn't concentrate. Then I thought it was sleep apnea. & then when I got tested it showed up in that sleep study.

I hated my job. I was depressed. But still happens until today. I can't pinpoint it. I am plutonian & so is my mother & I thought maybe that has something to do with it as I have spoken to other plutos that seem to sometimes have a similar problem but I really can't say as it was so long ago & I just learned to live with it. Thank you for your response though.

sashafasha44

Hi!
I found what others have written you to be very interesting and I will think about what they've said.

First, I want to ask - when did the narcolepsy begin? How often does it happen? Do you notice any patterns in regard to when it happens?

I have some thoughts looking at your chart. I have no idea if this will be helpful, but your past life symbol shows that there was a sudden trauma - in the past life and maybe in this one as well - Uranus conjunct South Node within a degree. There was a shock to your 2nd house Self-Concept. In Sagittarius, it could involve a judgment made against you.

If you had no time to process the sudden shocking event, you may have set up a pattern of zoning out, when you get close to the issue, even if unconsciously. Maybe it happens when you are being a bit expansive or nearing completion of a goal - something like that - when you're stretching yourself.

Your Taurus Moon in 7th likes things simple and harmonious. You have a hard time with messiness or complications in relationships. Yet you have all those planets in Scorpio where things are messy and complicated.

Seems to me you are working with these themes. Maybe if you play with these ideas and pay attention to when the narcolepsy happens - and especially think about when they started happening, you'll get the "mind-body" reason for why they are happening.

What do you think?

Okay haha I read your last message first I should have read this first.
Yes there is definitely a self esteem issue I have been working on for sure. You may have triggered a memory as a matter of fact. Now that I think about it, I wasn't like this at all in high school. Not anywhere like now. It was in bootcamp which began Oct 22 2002 in great lakes illinois. I remember specifically them keeping us up for days (prolly 2 at most) & that everytime I sat down I would almost pass out. In December of that year I also fractured my pubic ramus bone running in boots (I didn't even fall). They didn't do anything for me (military) except for put me on crutches. Eventually I was diagnosed with "adjustment disorder" but I think joining the military was very traumatic now that I think about it. After that there was MST (military sexual trauma) I wasn't raped thank God but I was constantly harassed & my chain of command never helped me. Severe depression. but now I do realize that it must have occurred in bootcamp but I didn't get diagnosed until I believe about 27 years old.

Thank you so much for your input, even if you can't give me anymore I am really grateful for the info so far this is enlightening. thank you again.

sashafasha44

Hi.
I think pisces in the 6th is only a part of it. In my opinion its an interplay of the planets here. Let me also say that in my opinion, for issues with dealing with any kind of brain activity I'd take a look at uranus for anything unusual.
Third house which rules the mind. And 6th house which rules daily life/health.
Both of these rulers(neptune and jupiter) are in conjunction within the 3rd house of the mind. Then you have ruler of your sun--uranus being in conjunction with the south node; while in the 2nd house is still influenced by jupiter which rules 3rd since its in the same sign Sagittarius.
Uranus I am sure is the biggest culprit here.

Pluto currently is in exact conjunction to your natal IC, that can make things seem really gloomy, and is very heavy energy-- dark feeling energy. But it will pass. Just take care of yourself during this time, be patient with yourself, and work to heal your psyche, seek any therapies you need. This is the best time to do so.

take care

thank you for your information i will look into all of this as well. The thing is, it has been going on for years, & I plan on moving across country to savannah ga to be near my dad so I have been getting into relocational astrology now & I'm hoping that will improve my life. I didn't think about it improving my sleep but that would be even better.

Harmelia

Well, here is my thinking. I tend to look at an illness as a metaphor - a body-mind thing. So, I don't use astrology as a typical medical astrologer would. You do indeed have strong Scorpio-Plutonic energy there in the first house, but it isn't the only strong energy you deal with - although being in the first, I'm sure you are very aware of that Pluto energy.

You have an Aquarius Sun with Sag South Node conjunct Uranus. To me, that is VERY STRONG Uranian energy. Since the SN shows the major wound you are here to heal, to me, Narcolepsy makes sense. You described it as a sudden need to sleep. Uranus is everything sudden. And it often represents dissociation as a past life symbol - and that often accompanies a sudden trauma - like if you are in a car accident, and right before the crash, a person often loses consciousness suddenly because they can't process what is just about to happen.

In your case, it seems like something happened that caused you to suddenly lose your self-concept or self-worth - you could have been disgraced somehow - either fairly or unfairly. Sagittarius often denotes a judgement. So, I'm wondering if this resonates with you. If not, you may not be able to process this feeling of being disgraced, discredited or renounced - something like that. I think if you kept a journal of when you have an episode, you might catch the feeling that comes right before the sudden need for sleep. Sleep would be your way of not facing the devastating feeling. Whatever the past life problem was, it shook your sense of inner security - your integrity - your sense of authority - when you were following all the rules and acting the way you thought you should.

You are an Aquarius Sun now - because you need to stand up and be your own person - someone who isn't following all the rules perfectly and dotting all the "i"s. A part of you still wants to be a rule-follower - someone who supports authority. But another part doesn't. Seems like there's a power-struggle going on. And I believe it's possible that the Aquarius rebel in you is being outed with sudden sleep. I suppose it could be the other way around, but with Pluto, Mars and Saturn in Scorpio, I think you would prefer being in control. Aquarius does not like being controlled.

What do you think about what I've said so far? Maybe I'm not on the right track, but it's just what I think is possible.

Last edited: