Will her boyfriend propose to her?

Xcapist

if so, when will it happen?
24dlt35.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

tootsie

Hey, for horary you need to use the Reg. house. Dr. Farr is the only one that I know the will interprete with a house system outside of the horary tradition. Also, Did you ask the question or was this a chart of her asking the question.
T

Vista

No, not based on this chart. Late ASC and Moon makes me think nothing will come of it or something has already happened. Mercury and Jupiter are the rulers of your friend and her boyfriend with Mercury being in it's own detriment, no connections from Mer to Jup and neither one being in each other's dignities. The only positive is that Mercury in in an angular house and sometimes Pisces Moon can perform, but I think the bad out-weights the good here.

if so, when will it happen?
24dlt35.gif

misskitty

I don't mind Regiomontanus per se, but I dislike the fact that some people insist on forcing others to use that particular one.

No one is "forcing" anyone. Regio format is what you use if you want to practice traditional horary, because that is how the original horary masters did it 500 years ago. Many new to horary are unaware of this and have to be told by those with experience. That's like saying "I need to solve this algebra problem, but I'm not going to use any of those pesky algebraic methods to do it." ROFL

In horary, the only acceptable alternative to Regio format is Whole signs.

Last edited:

Vista

so its a no huh

It doesn't matter if the querent asked the question or her friend, the 1st and 7th and 11th and 5th are in bad shape and the late degree Moon and ASC also means nothing will come of it, that means a no answer.

Last edited:

misskitty

An intelligent and flexible approach. Can you cite a book that says that people must use Regiomontanus in Horary? People should be free to use the one they like. If you don't like the chart, you don't have to answer, and just accept that that could be someone else's favorite system.

Why yes, as a matter of fact I can... Olivia Barclay's Horary Astrology Rediscovered, Chapter 4.

"In practice, cusps are most important in horary, for instance, in timing a planet can be symbolically directed to a cusp. The Regiomontanus method gives best results and therefore was used by most successful astrologers." - Olivia Barclay.

I am not a fan of "anything goes" horary astrologers.

You need to take your own advice. If you don't like my opinions, ignore them. :)

Serendipity- the charts are working on my end... maybe try emptying out your cache?

Last edited:

misskitty

I disagree, I think she is saying that it is the correct system. Especially if you've read the entire chapter. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Carry on as you wish, Haizea, you do not need my permission! I suggest ignoring my posts since you find them so offensive! :)

Last edited:

misskitty

The truth of what?

I LOLed out loud. Truth is the last thing you will find on an Astrology Weekly board. Or any online astrology forum for that matter. It is all about experience and testing theories out in the REAL world. Not primarily a forum where people can lie, create new usernames on a whim and repost the same question over and over, and generally create any chart they want via time manipulation. It is good to practice here when horary standards are respected, but more and more often here that is not the case.

Take the original chart above. No one knows who "he" or "she" is, or why the querent even cares. Those answers can change the entire reading. Was the OP asked to clarify? No. They weren't. We might as well hinge our responses on magic 8 balls.

Last edited:

dr. farr

(Following is an application of the experimental Walis Magic 8 Ball method of divination and is not standard horary practice; following uses whole sign house format)

Testing the Magic 8 Ball in this question, 7th house would be the boyfriend and his communcations (such as making a proposal to the querent) would be 3rd from the 7th which = Aries which = Mars which = a "no he will not propose" (during the period of time covered by this chart)

(Following is Primary Ankara horary which is not in accordance with standard horary practice; following uses whole sign house format)

-querent (who is taking the role of her friend in asking the question and therefore represents her friend) = 1st house = Leo = Sun
-quesited = 7th house = Aquarius = Saturn
-quesited's actions (proposal) = quesited's house of communications = 3rd from 7th = Aries = Mars
-Sun flows away from both Saturn and Mars = - testimony
-Sun makes no applying aspect to either Mars or Saturn = - testimony
-querent's co-significator, the Moon, flows away from both Saturn and Mars and makes no applying aspect (major or hermetic aspect) to either = - testimony

All testimonies are -, therefore the boyfriend will not propose (during the period of time covered by this chart)

Another way of doing this, taking her friend as querent significator:
-her friend = 11th from 1st house = Gemini = Mercury
-her friend's boyrfriend = 7th fro 11th = Sagittarius = Jupiter
-her friend's boyrfriend's actions (possible proposal) = 3rd from the boyfriends house = Aquarius = Saturn
(by Magic 8 Ball Aquarius-the proposal-= Saturn = a no he will not proposed answer)
-Mercury flows away from Saturn = - testimony
-Jupiter barely flows (away from an opposition) toward Saturn = + testimony
-Mercury makes no applying aspect to Saturn = - testimony (nor to Jupiter either)
-SN is in friend's signifying house/sign (Gemini) = - testimony (for the friend)
Results:
Positive = + 1 testimony
Negative = - 3 testimonies
Net = -2 testimonies which = no friend's boyfriend will not propose to the friend, during the period covered by this horary chart.

tootsie

Reg. house system is used for horary.....and that is the way it is and has been. Others can read using other house systems but it isn't as accurate. You want an answer....then use the correct house system.
T

misskitty

>>I have seen you added this. I guess you mean people should analyze Horary only in the way you think they should do it.<<

No, once again you've misinterpreted. You should pick a system and stick with it. Not flit from system to system. Otherwise it is a lazy and undisciplined way of practice.

Again, concentrate on your OWN practice! I do strongly feel that Regio is THE correct system, but you wants to practice another? Then do it! Test your theories out until your fingers fall off! I don't much care. :)

Obviously, you have a hard time practicing the way you think you should practice without my approval or without the approval of others. Go ahead Haizea! Practice however you want! You have my total permission. And if that's not what you want/need then perhaps you should stop focusing so much of your time on it. :)

Last edited:

misskitty

Oh no, again you've misread. I'm not going to stop asking people to use regio. You can disagree if you want, but I won't stop. Neither will Tootsie. Neither will Serendipity. Neither will Bob Z or dr Farr who insist on whole signs. Like religion, we all think we are right. The point is that not one of them flit from system to system haphazardly. But speak my mind about it? You bet and I won't change that.

If you had ever paid attention you would notice that I have indeed answers horaries in other formats. I just don't think they are the most accurate charts and usually say that.

But yes, you have my permission to practice however you want, even if I believe you're wrong.

Good day:)

Serendipity

There is a thread in this Horary Forum where we can read the favorite House System of the Horarists in this Forum is Whole Signs.

And you think this is the truth? It's not.
Traditional horarists use regiomontanus. drfarr uses whole signs and follows ankara methods of interpreting or 8 ball. Not sure what people who follow Frawley use but I suspect from reading many posts it's regio as well.
What method do you use when interpreting a chart? Or are you making it up as you go along?

Serendipity

I'm not going to continue to debate this on someone else's thread. And why don't you give your interpretation of the chart?
I would only I can't see it.