what's an indicator of low intelligence in a chart?

You could do this all day.

Einstein - Aries Mercury
Newton - Sagittarius Mercury
Descartes - Aries Mercury

First of all, those are all people who we claim to have been real, when for all we know they were made up historical figures. On a side note, and this is really off topic, our world is FULL of deception and lies and it always has been, but the higher ups have always been playing the strings where we cant see them making this all happen. Just some food for thought.

Anyways, even if we assume they were real people and look at those placements you listed here, that alone still doesnt prove anything.

Because, as I've said many times already, its about if their mercury and moon are dominated by a naturally fitting element or not that determines how strong their mercury and moon are overall.

For example, a pisces moon like mine with zero aspects that bring emotional strength will be a weak moon. But a pisces moon that is dominated by air, earth, or fire aspects/energy will be a strong moon.

And houses dont determine the planets expression, so the house your mercury or moon are in are non factors here.

Same logic applies to all placements.

Last edited:

UnluckyGirl

I guess our main disagreement here is that I don't necessarily see the absorbtion of other peoples habits, speech and such as negative traits... So I see no reason why they couldn't be the result of the trines and sextiles. I used the word blame before, which made it sound like I perceived it as a negative trait, but that was not my meaning. I don't enjoy the absorbtion of emotions and the difficulty I have with expressing my own emotions, but those are Moon issues alone, not related to any other planet. Absorbing habits is a lot more harmless imo. If the absorbtion goes so far as to strip a person completely of their personality and ideas, then it's definitely negative. But I often find that trait to be a positive thing in my life... I carry with me little pieces of people after they are gone. I still keep some habits, expressions and gestures that my grandmother used and now that she is gone I put a huge value on those because they keep her alive and present in everyday life.

That's exactly it actually.
I can't trust those people tbh
and having Uranus strong aspects to Sun and ASC which makes me dislike it as not uthentic, I feel the person is not him/herself.
But in all the cases I've been reffering to others seem to notice it and are either bothered by this or they don't take the person seriously.

((As a general aside I don't make too much of a difference between so called hard and soft aspects... Imo the soft aspects are easy flowing and passive while the hard ones are dynamic and active. Both hard and soft aspects can have positive and negative results, though a positive result is more probable with the trines and sextiles since you usually don't have to work much to reap the benefits of those. Dynamic aspects are usually more of an issue in childhood, while we are still developing. If we are aware of the traits they indicate we can usually adapt and turn them to good. It's mostly just when we are ignorant of them that they work in a negative way. That's my experience anyway...))

I do agree that hard aspects can give both positive and negative results. But trines or sextils have to be an outlet of a hard aspect in order to make the person use that trine/sextile in a negative way usually by overdoing it and even in this case the planets in trine must be in a difficult aspects/placements.

I completely disagree with the hard asoects as being something that can be handled unless the person is ignorant.
Hard aspects aren't problems that occur and you have to solve them, it's a part of you, transits, progressions and the aspect itself will show how this will go.. A hard Saturn asoects gets better as we get older and Saturn return is a key point. Having known many with Saturn conjunct Venus in Cap they all know their problem about having wrong self esteem and feeling like they don't deserve being loved, some of them know exactly where it comes from yet they can't solve it just like that. They can pretend having high self-esteem all they want but it doesn't change how they feel deep inside.

I would like to ask you if by that's "my experience" you mean your experience with others' people charts or your personal one from your natal chart. If you mean others' people charts could you please send me a pm with charts that have to do with what we were talking about? It's important for me to see the whole chart, it's the most reliable way for me after seeing the charts of people I've known (it's good because most often than not I'm aware of their environment too). If you don't feel comfortable sharing any it's completely fine, just ignore my question.

conspiracy theorist

Aries ascendants can have a bristly and outraged style when incensed for sure. I've just seen more sophisticated polemics from older people with the ascendant. This constant retard and dumbass shtick reminds me of my teen years on anonymous image boards.

conspiracy theorist

Oh... I see now.

When people asked about posting your chart, they mean a pictorial representation. Writing aspects is not what people mean. People want to see the picture of the chart where they can view the symbols in full.

UnluckyGirl

No. Mercury dominated by water and/or fire is less mentally strong.

They aren't deluded by their emotions, because the only way for that to happen is for their moon to be in hard aspect with their mercury, as moon is our emotions whereas mercury is our rational thinking.

Their rational thinking and way of thinking (mercury) is emotional and illogical, it is unorthodox and paradoxical, because their mercury is dominated by water and/or fire.

This is only bad for mercury and their logic is poor. There is no other way to argue it.

However if there moon is dominated by earth, air, or fire, which are all elements that grant emotional strength, this will balance things out, and they will be functioning human beings. I know that might sound cruel but thats just how it is.

Hmmm, I was talking about the case of a strong Moon and a weak Mercury specifically. As Moon would give the emotional intelligence we were talking about.

I do agree about Mercury in fire signs being the worst alomg with Mercury in Pisces (which is a water sign).
Mercury in Scorpio though is a very good one, often considered intellilligent and deep thinkers.

This is a generalisation though.
planets' aspects and placements can have a huge impact (actually planets and placements override signs).

I have 2 perfect examples proving this.

Me and 2 of my friends born a few days earlier than me.. We have everything the same except for Moon and houses.
Mercury is the same but they both have the Neptune aspect. and different Mercury placements. The 3 of us have different way of thinking and expressing ourselves.

The second close to "perfect" case is the case of my twin classmates. It was at the start of me getting into knowing the basics of astrology and it was a point that if astrology didn't prove their differences I would be highly disappointed to the point that it would lead me to stop taking it seriously.
However those twins were born a few minutes apart (I can't remember exactly how) the degrees of their houses changed and there were a few (I can't remember how many of them) that would change sign because of being in very late degrees. That led to these some of their planets falling in different houses because of this small change of degrees.
However I appreciated that their ASC was the same since they are identical twins case.

Oh... I see now.

When people asked about posting your chart, they mean a pictorial representation. Writing aspects is not what people mean. People want to see the picture of the chart where they can view the symbols in full.

Well I dont know where to find a site to get such a version of my chart, do you know of one? If not, I'll just post my birth time and location so you can generate my chart to view for yourself.

conspiracy theorist

Go to this website -

http://www.astro.com/

You can generate a chart there as a guest or you could sign up where you have a capacity of generating and saving 100 charts. Once you've generated the chart you can save it to your computer or on an image sharing site like imgur.com. Once you have it saved you could add it as an attachment in the case of it being on your computer, or you could post the web link so we can see the chart.

UnluckyGirl

theme for me was always having ideas, but not having the resources or energy or ability to turn them into reality, so I see what you're saying. The idea come easy, the inspiration is never amiss, but there has to be work done to actually make these things come out of the mental world and into the physical world. There was a stage in which I was completely enveloped in my mental world and nothing was getting done in the physical world

This!

Also thank you lol. I admit I was joking earlier in the thread, but I don't think I fit conventional standards of intelligence at aleast

Uranus is unconventional anyway, just because of that it doesn't mean that it lacks intelligence, on the contrary! It's progressive too.. ahead of its time. Sometimes I think Mercury in Aqua is the best sign for Mercury from all signs.

Go to this website -

http://www.astro.com/

You can generate a chart there as a guest or you could sign up where you have a capacity of generating and saving 100 charts. Once you've generated the chart you can save it to your computer or on an image sharing site like imgur.com. Once you have it saved you could add it as an attachment in the case of it being on your computer, or you could post the web link so we can see the chart.

Thats the site that I used for my thread. On that site I went to the "natal chart" tab and generated it and yet you still say that the charts I posted in my thread aren't the ones you are looking for. Why is that?

conspiracy theorist

Thats the site that I used for my thread. On that site I went to the "natal chart" tab and generated it and yet you still say that the charts I posted in my thread aren't the ones you are looking for. Why is that?

I'm not in all of your threads. If you've already done so somewhere on the site, you could repost the link here.

Hmmm, I was talking about the case of a strong Moon and a weak Mercury specifically. As Moon would give the emotional intelligence we were talking about.

I do agree about Mercury in fire signs being the worst alomg with Mercury in Pisces (which is a water sign).
Mercury in Scorpio though is a very good one, often considered intellilligent and deep thinkers.

This is a generalisation though.
planets' aspects and placements can have a huge impact (actually planets and placements override signs).

I have 2 perfect examples proving this.

Me and 2 of my friends born a few days earlier than me.. We have everything the same except for Moon and houses.
Mercury is the same but they both have the Neptune aspect. and different Mercury placements. The 3 of us have different way of thinking and expressing ourselves.

The second close to "perfect" case is the case of my twin classmates. It was at the start of me getting into knowing the basics of astrology and it was a point that if astrology didn't prove their differences I would be highly disappointed to the point that it would lead me to stop taking it seriously.
However those twins were born a few minutes apart (I can't remember exactly how) the degrees of their houses changed and there were a few (I can't remember how many of them) that would change sign because of being in very late degrees. That led to these some of their planets falling in different houses because of this small change of degrees.
However I appreciated that their ASC was the same since they are identical twins case.

Well glad we are on the same page.

love-thinking

Saturn and mercury are friends. Mercury aspect saturn came in the highest for scientists with a high IQ. Believe me. I have a thread up about this. Stalk me and look at that thread. It's probably more prominent in high IQ than uranus is.

Lykanized

I think this is the main reason I even got into astrology and joined this site. I was trying to find some tool to understand what the hell was wrong with me...I have my Mars in my 1st house too so there should be some action orientation but with it being ruled by Mercury, I think Mercury's energy took over for a while, tho I've thankfully broken out of that cycle of stagnation, being stuck in my mind or worse, another planet altogether

Uranus is unconventional anyway, just because of that it doesn't mean that it lacks intelligence, on the contrary! It's progressive too.. ahead of its time. Sometimes I think Mercury in Aqua is the best sign for Mercury from all signs.
I have the infamous Cancer mercury, but I hope it being in my 11th house gives me some more Uranian edge :ninja:
That opposition is a trip and I often question my own sanity, but then again, I have beliefs that make it to where I'm very comfortable living outside the box mentally since I believe 'the box' shouldn't even exist. That must be the Uranus influence, but I think Neptune also has an influence there

Thank you for the boost. It wasn't until recently I gain any confidence in my mind. I grew up looking down on myself because I knew the way my mind functioned was very different and at stark odds with conventionality. I assumed it meant I was wrong, inferior, and stupid

conspiracy theorist

@ love-thinking

I remain agnostic to all generalizations as they don't fit every chart. So when someone says something like what you do, it goes in my mind and stays there until I have sufficient evidence to accept it with caveats, or forget it as a personal fancy of the individual.

IQ is a structured system of measuring intellect. It's a logical leap to find the people who are seen to have a high IQ are those who have an aspect in their chart which indicates "measured intellect". You can't measure the brilliance of Uranus since it follows no structure.

Relax. I have zero interest in stalking you.

UnluckyGirl

Evolving I am curious to see your chart too. Could you post it here.

I'm sensing prominent Aries in you
like Moon or ASC in there.
I'm wondering if you have a weak Mars too? Are you a male?

Evolving I am curious to see your chart too. Could you post it here.

I'm sensing prominent Aries in you
like Moon or ASC in there.
I'm wondering if you have a weak Mars too? Are you a male?

-Pisces moon 3rd decan, in the 12th, all aspects that only make my 12th house pisces moon emotionally weaker.

-Pisces mars in the 12th, some good aspects though and the half of pisces that is jupiter balances out any physical energy loss from neptune's control here.

-Aries ascendant, 1st decan, conjunct my moon, and a ton of other non-prominent aspects and most are positive aspects.

-Jupiter in aries in the 1st, my jupiter is pretty negatively aspected though.

Yes I am a male

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Mercury-Saturn as a "measuring intelligence" is also relevant too since I'm assuming you've culled most of the eminent thinkers from the engineering, inventive and scientific fields.