Romantic Blocks? Celibacy?

astrobunny

I'm 21 and I've never been in a long-term committed relationship, and sometimes I wonder if I'm meant for a life of celibacy.

I noticed Chiron closely conjuncts my Sun & Saturn opposes them, and I think those could attribute to my lack of a dating life, but could they (Saturn's opposition to my 7th house in particular) indicate I'm not meant to get married?

Are there any sun/moon signs, house cusps, or hard aspects that can indicate a fruitful love life or a life of celibacy?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 46

Capricorn2616

Hey girl ... We're both still new to all this but when I saw Vesta in your fourth (family/home) I wanted to bring it up to you. Google's opinion on Vesta:

"(in ancient Rome) a virgin consecrated to Vesta and vowed to chastity, sharing the charge of maintaining the sacred fire burning on the goddess's altar."

Just kind of resonated with what you were saying. But your loaded seventh gives the impression that you would be abundant in romantic relationships .. Unless like you're saying, Chiron conjunct your sun is preventing them from materializing.

You're still so young! I wouldn't give up hope just yet :joyful:

RisingSag

I think Saturn retrograde in the first house can create feelings of loneliness. Which will change as you age. Also, Id recommend looking at your progressed chart to see when saturn goes direct, or leaves your first house even.
Also Saturn and Chiron are too far apart to count as adpecting so don't worry about that :)

astrobunny

Hey girl ... We're both still new to all this but when I saw Vesta in your fourth (family/home) I wanted to bring it up to you. Google's opinion on Vesta:

"(in ancient Rome) a virgin consecrated to Vesta and vowed to chastity, sharing the charge of maintaining the sacred fire burning on the goddess's altar."

Just kind of resonated with what you were saying. But your loaded seventh gives the impression that you would be abundant in romantic relationships .. Unless like you're saying, Chiron conjunct your sun is preventing them from materializing.

You're still so young! I wouldn't give up hope just yet :joyful:
I actually have a specific astrology book with a section on all the feminine asteroids & discovered virgins under Vesta were not virgins in the modern sense. They did have sex, but only during rituals in honor of their god, which I thought was super interesting.

The story behind Vesta's virgins also kind of resonated with me, because I've always liked the idea of abstaining from sex until marriage (when the act would have God's blessing).

I just found this link that talks about Vesta in the houses, and the comments I saw mentioned those with Vesta in the fourth house have a sense of duty to the family, which is interesting.

Also I will not lose hope, friend!

astrobunny

I think Saturn retrograde in the first house can create feelings of loneliness. Which will change as you age. Also, Id recommend looking at your progressed chart to see when saturn goes direct, or leaves your first house even.
Also Saturn and Chiron are too far apart to count as adpecting so don't worry about that :)

I am not used to examining progressed charts, but I just looked up my progressed chart. I think Saturn is actually heading closer to my first house & ascendant now, but I'm not sure if I'm reading that correctly.

Attachments

• meprogressed.jpg
    meprogressed.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 17

curiousabout77

Saturn on the ascendant would indicate that you are a careful person and may lack confidence from maybe a strict upbringing and chiron would indicate that you have wounds to your sense of self because it is conjunct sun. My suggestion to you would be to concentrate on what you want and what makes you happy and then you will probably meet like minded people because you can use discipline and determination by concentrating on goals to build your confidence as you progress.

Claire19

I see that Virgo is in the 7th house of partnerships with the Sun and Chiron there which can indicate a wound around partners and I think with everyday needs and rituals such as shelter, clothing and food. The mundane things of life.

Those with Virgo here can often be single and independent. I would say you have a long term friend who may be a Libra and and older woman or you have a significant relationship with a grandmother.

With Mercury in the 7th Libra you could marry or co habit with someone younger than you later in life or even two short term relationships.

Mars in the 5th can indicate a male child and perhaps two close together. You may want to foster a child, adopt or get involved with children from third world countries in need.

You are only 21 yet and I would not want to say yea or nay to romance at this stage. The transits that come along will set off any influences through the 5th and then the 7th.

Claire19

I actually have a specific astrology book with a section on all the feminine asteroids & discovered virgins under Vesta were not virgins in the modern sense. They did have sex, but only during rituals in honor of their god, which I thought was super interesting.

The story behind Vesta's virgins also kind of resonated with me, because I've always liked the idea of abstaining from sex until marriage (when the act would have God's blessing).

I just found this link that talks about Vesta in the houses, and the comments I saw mentioned those with Vesta in the fourth house have a sense of duty to the family, which is interesting.

the true meaning of "virgin" is unmarried, independent or those who support themselves for their daily bread. The vestal virgins of old were actually prostitutes in the temples as well as taking care of the daily rituals.

astrobunny

Those with Virgo here can often be single and independent. I would say you have a long term friend who may be a Libra and and older woman or you have a significant relationship with a grandmother.
I actually do have a long term friend who is a Libra. Me and him have been friends throughout our undergrad & I am very close to multiple older women (former professors). I really appreciate old souls lol How can you tell that & my long-term friend being a Libra by my chart?

With Mercury in the 7th Libra you could marry or co habit with someone younger than you later in life or even two short term relationships.

Mars in the 5th can indicate a male child and perhaps two close together. You may want to foster a child, adopt or get involved with children from third world countries in need.
!!! All of this is interesting. Thank you. I had heard the bits about Mars in the 5th, but all of the Mercury in 7th Libra is new to me.

You are only 21 yet and I would not want to say yea or nay to romance at this stage. The transits that come along will set off any influences through the 5th and then the 7th.
I will keep that in mind. :smile: I think my 7th house sun is acting up because my 22nd birthday is coming up and I haven't really got to experience romantic commitment, but I won't let it worry me.

Thank you for your input!

rahu

Banned

the ancient's use of virgin meant not married rather that not having sex yet.
married women could not go to the Olympic games but virgins could. there were limited completions between virgin women , all of course competed naked menand women. sexual liaisons among athletes was not unknown

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
your north nose is conjunct to nessus as your your south node is conjunct Lilith. nessus implies emotional abuse which would be magnified by the node. it may be fear of intimacy from repressed experiences . this is also suggest as Jupiter/pluto midpoint is also conjunct your node and nessus. Jupiter adds the element of authority figures.
your Saturn/pluto midpoint is square to Eris, again suggesting a constricted emotional childhood has interred with your expression of passion.

venus with juno shows your interest in marriage.
interestingly Neptune is opposed to Sappho and square to eris ,suggesting you have many good women friends.
the mars/venus midpoint is conjunct to pholous and opposed to Saturn which suggest you father may not have allowed you to have boyfriends.

rahu

sven555

astrobunny,

Sun in 7th house, suggests you need to feel proud in one-one affairs, Saturn in 1st is delays with self-mastery. Venus in 8th could suggest desire for deep intimacy. Maybe your Moon/Mercury in Libra is suggests you want to take things slowly or be friends before relationships.

Astrology-aside, have you always felt like this? That you haven't been able to maintain a long-term relationship? If yes, is it because you haven't met someone to your standards? Focus is all in other areas? etc

astrobunny

your north nose is conjunct to nessus as your your south node is conjunct Lilith. nessus implies emotional abuse which would be magnified by the node. it may be fear of intimacy from repressed experiences. this is also suggest as Jupiter/pluto midpoint is also conjunct your node and nessus. Jupiter adds the element of authority figures.
your Saturn/pluto midpoint is square to Eris, again suggesting a constricted emotional childhood has interred with your expression of passion.

venus with juno shows your interest in marriage.
interestingly Neptune is opposed to Sappho and square to eris ,suggesting you have many good women friends.
the mars/venus midpoint is conjunct to pholous and opposed to Saturn which suggest you father may not have allowed you to have boyfriends.

rahu
I think the fear of intimacy from repressed experiences may be a thing. I did date a boy my freshmen year of highschool, but it was almost completely long distance & thru frequent phone calls (we were friends in middle school but for high school, his mom shipped him off to military school) and my parents chaperoned our two dates. I broke it off when he asked me to have thanksgiving with his family & had a momentary freak-out because of it that caused me to panic & break up with him.

I flirted a lot, but didn't date anyone the rest of my time in highschool. Then, after graduating from highschool, I did get into a long-distance internet relationship the summer before I started college with a guy. We talked every day but I had a fear of being catfished, so I told him he needed to buy a webcam so we could skype/videochat. He did exactly what I asked, and I had a bit of a panic attack over how serious the relationship felt (plus the fact that I had been keeping the relationship a secret from my family) & ended up breaking up with him. :/

Things got a little bit better when I had a romantic relationship with a guy my junior year of college, but we clashed a lot on social issues & was kind of really arrogant which always bugged me. He was also on the rebound from a serious relationship, so we were never boyfriend/girlfriend. We did go on one official date to the movies at the end of the relationship where he decided I was potential wifey material, but we ended up deciding to end it that following weekend because he was in a bad headspace from his previous relationship & I felt like he wasn't the nicest guy in the world tbh.

Throughout my parents' marriage, my dad was emotionally & sexually abusive to my mom and emotionally abusive to me. Growing up, I heard a lot of the terrible things he'd say to her and a lot of it has still stuck with me. The Saturn/Pluto midpoint being square to Eris probably references how I legitimately don't want to enter into a sexual relationship with anyone, because my dad used to tell my mom that a woman who has sex before marriage is just as bad as someone who cheats.

I realize now he said that to her, because he was cheating, but either way, all the misogynistic comments he made towards women kind of scarred me, and definitely scarred my mom because she still stands by the whole 'men will leave you if you have sex with them.'

It's been really bad and messy, and is partially why I study feminist literature now in graduate school, which is why I have so many awesome female friends. I bond a lot with my girl classmates & professors.

Last edited:

astrobunny

astrobunny,

Sun in 7th house, suggests you need to feel proud in one-one affairs, Saturn in 1st is delays with self-mastery. Venus in 8th could suggest desire for deep intimacy. Maybe your Moon/Mercury in Libra is suggests you want to take things slowly or be friends before relationships.

Astrology-aside, have you always felt like this? That you haven't been able to maintain a long-term relationship? If yes, is it because you haven't met someone to your standards? Focus is all in other areas? etc

I just put a lot in my above post to rahu lol but I haven't been able to maintain a long-term relationship for quite a long time. It doesn't bother me all the time more so when I'm not in school because, without school to focus on, I get lonely. I do really like to be friends with someone before entering into a relationship, so I'm not really interesting in most dating apps my age group tends to use which are for hook-ups.

sven555

I just put a lot in my above post to rahu lol but I haven't been able to maintain a long-term relationship for quite a long time. It doesn't bother me all the time more so when I'm not in school because, without school to focus on, I get lonely. I do really like to be friends with someone before entering into a relationship, so I'm not really interesting in most dating apps my age group tends to use which are for hook-ups.

That's no problem, I read both of your posts!

I understand your point of view, school helps take your mind of these matters. Those dating apps are only good for hook-ups as you say. (I tried a few myself)

I thought that friends before relationship would be true :) It is a unfortunate thing however, that your dad's views have scarred you somewhat though.

More positively, you sound pretty rational judging from your posts and therefore I assume that you are handling these scars ok?

astrobunny

That's no problem, I read both of your posts!

I understand your point of view, school helps take your mind of these matters. Those dating apps are only good for hook-ups as you say. (I tried a few myself)

I thought that friends before relationship would be true :) It is a unfortunate thing however, that your dad's views have scarred you somewhat though.

More positively, you sound pretty rational judging from your posts and therefore I assume that you are handling these scars ok?
As I've gotten older, I've gotten better at recognizing what I grew up around was bad, so I've started talking about it more to those I'm close to.

It's helped a lot so I like to think I'm handling it okay and that things'll get better as I keep it up. :smile:

sven555

As I've gotten older, I've gotten better at recognizing what I grew up around was bad, so I've started talking about it more to those I'm close to.

It's helped a lot so I like to think I'm handling it okay and that things'll get better as I keep it up. :smile:

That is excellent, kudos to you astrobunny :)

Perhaps it is only a matter of time before you have a romantic period. 5th, 7th and 8th house rulers being aspected by the outer planets usually throw opportunities. Also these planets in those houses.

But I wouldn't say you have any blocks, just delays. But focus on you first!!