Horary Theory

Shokk

For personal questions, (IE the astrologer is the one asking the question) is it necessary that we physically "voice" our question when we're asking it? If, at any given time, any question we ask has an answer spelled out for us in the skies, then what decides when we first "asked" the question? When we sat down, typed in the astro data and drew up the chart? When our worries concerning the matter began? There could be countless "unconscious horaries" I could be making in my own head every day, I'm just not conveniently seated at my computer where I could draw up a chart for every little thing that pops into my mind...
What really dictates when a personal question is first "asked"?

And what about Horaries about wide-reaching topics that affect all of us?
How do we know the chart asking "Will the world end in the year 2012" hasn't been drawn up thousands of times already in the minds of those who first looked at the mayan long count calendar? Furthermore, for "big questions" like this, how could we possibly make an accurate horary chart for them since anybody, and any astrologer, could have asked the question a long while ago or drawn up a chart unbeknownst to you.

Last edited:

archergirl

Answer to Question 1: A chart should be drawn for the time at which you have decided to make a horary chart for the question. It pays to not think about the question too much (or about whether to make a horary chart for the question) for too long before doing it. Like the Nike ad said: Just do it.

Answer to Question 2: You don't. The question may have been asked 1000 times already. Horary isn't like a Magic Eight Ball. It really should be reserved for questions of great *personal* importance. If this veers into the geopolitical arena, you have to take into consideration that you won't have all the information you need to get a good answer, and it is even more likely that your own fears and prejudices will influence the reading of the chart. That's why it's best to never read your own charts, but have them drawn up and read by someone else. ;) Don't forget: the idea that the world is going to end in 2012 is not universal (I personally think it's an absurd idea, and what could any of us do even if it were true?), so any chart you draw for that question is going to be skewed toward your own beliefs. Not really what horary is best used for.

AG:)

Last edited: