existential depression

or1000

Hello all, i have moon conjunction chiron ... anybody else? it’s in my 2nd house both scorpio. Existential depression is something I have experienced on a very high scale all of my life. Having to accumulate or refer to physical commodities to feel more grounded. I don’t necessarily always feel worthy of life here in this physical world and i’ve never felt connected to it without having things to refer to as ‘mine’...... but even then, there’s still still something missing. like a bottomless pit. hmmm just a little vent.
it makes me wonder what i can do with this to work with it cause it obviously isn’t going anywhere anytime soon

Last edited:

waybread

Please post your chart, as there's obviously a lot more going on than just moon-Chiron that we need to take into account.

PlutoLibScoAsc

Waybread,
I don't think is necessary to post a chart when one want to study deeply and be focused on one specific aspect, what it brings. Or may be you think this is coming from somewhere else. Anway, going back to OP.

Or1000,
Me. I can relate to what you are feeling. I have my moon conjunct chiron in 8th. I feel existential depression too. I always wish I am nothing, not even dust, not even thin air. Wish I have never been born. Wish I have never existed.
fyi, yours is a mixture of Taurus and Scorpio qualities. Mine is Gemini and Scorpio.

Last edited:

or1000

Waybread,
I don't think is necessary to post a chart when one want to study deeply and be focused on one specific aspect, what it brings. Or may be you think this is coming from somewhere else. Anway, going back to OP.

Or1000,
Me. I can relate to what you are feeling. I have my moon conjunct chiron in 8th. I feel existential depression too. I always wish I am nothing, not even dust, not even thin air. Wish I have never been born. Wish I have never existed.
fyi, yours is a mixture of Taurus and Scorpio qualities. Mine is Gemini and Scorpio.

hmmm yes, understood. i think we’ve had a talk about these similarities in charts before. i have saturn in 8th opposite moon-chiron... how do you cope with this existentialism?
as you replied to waybread, some aspects could point to a similar thing but i do believe moon chiron is the most persistent paining of existentialism.

PlutoLibScoAsc

hmmm yes, understood. i think we’ve had a talk about these similarities in charts before. i have saturn in 8th opposite moon-chiron... how do you cope with this existentialism?
as you replied to waybread, some aspects could point to a similar thing but i do believe moon chiron is the most persistent paining of existentialism.

ya, true indeed that some other aspects can point to this similar problem.

Well, moon conjunct to chiron and furthermore in the sign of Scorpio or in 8th house dealing with spiritual, life and death, is an obvious, prominent never going away pain.

How to cope? I almost couldn't... I was only stabilized more peacefully after praying... having a relationship back with God. Now again, I started to drift away again from him. I could only think the pain would come back to haunt me...

By the way, I also learned that it is best to meditate to gain emotional stability and balance back.

Last edited:

waybread

Waybread,
I don't think is necessary to post a chart when one want to study deeply and be focused on one specific aspect, what it brings. Or may be you think this is coming from somewhere else....

This is precisely the problem. We cannot say without seeing the entire chart. No "one specific aspect" operates in astrological isolation.

Or1000,

I am sorry to hear this.

There are several chart placements that I call, "It hurts to be you." Sometimes people have more than one of these placements, such the sun, moon, or Mercury in a hard aspect or conjunction with Saturn. Then the tighter the orb, the more the person is likely to feel it.

Each troublesome horoscope placement also has an empowering interpretation. Chiron shows us "where it hurts," but also where, if we stay open to those hurts, we can gain in wisdom and compassion.

PlutoLibScoAsc

This is precisely the problem. We cannot say without seeing the entire chart. No "one specific aspect" operates in astrological isolation.

I am sorry to hear this.

There are several chart placements that I call, "It hurts to be you." Sometimes people have more than one of these placements, such the sun, moon, or Mercury in a hard aspect or conjunction with Saturn. Then the tighter the orb, the more the person is likely to feel it.

Each troublesome horoscope placement also has an empowering interpretation. Chiron shows us "where it hurts," but also where, if we stay open to those hurts, we can gain in wisdom and compassion.

Sorry, I answered so because it looked obvious to me right away that the pain is indeed coming from moon conjunct chiron, and in the sign of scorpio. And well I know and like you said, if it is aspected by Saturn, it sure creates pain too. Amplified. Anyway, thankie~ for reminding.

Last edited:

or1000

Ah, I see :) It was for OP. She mentioned a sense of acquisitiveness that was difficult to relieve. Making objects oneself we usually call doing things “by hand” though the particular activity could be non Mercurial. I suggested it for her particularly because the process of making objects could be one way to take the pressure off the need to acquire them. Making is a way of knitting things together in mind, body, spirit - pun intended. Of course there are very expensive yarns and materials that can be used ;-) but the overall process is still more internally satisfying. Who knows - it could also work for 8h Gemini moon conjunct Chiron. Is your Chiron in Gemini, or Taurus?
you know, i completely see what you mean by making things. i’m having a bout of depression and wondering why it is that i don’t want to live my life for myself etc. apart of it is that i don’t feel deserving of achieving the things that i want to. also frustrated cause i know i’m capable of it but i have mental blocks and my outlets are just not good enough. there’s always something missing that i’m yearning for in my self expression. but i don’t think i’m fit enough to do anything but create in this life. creating with the hands does very much relieve and gives a sense of external achievement coming from SELF. where did you get this information from?? it’s quite eye opening

Last edited:

or1000

Please post your chart, as there's obviously a lot more going on than just moon-Chiron that we need to take into account.

i posted my chart often on here but this time i’m just wanting to hone in on moon chiron. just share internal experiences with this type of energy. i know it’s difficult to do it without taking chart into consideration but i believe with it being a conjunction it’s very prominent feeling to recognise

PlutoLibScoAsc

you know, i completely see what you mean by making things. i’m having a bout of depression and wondering why it is that i don’t want to live my life for myself etc. apart of it is that i don’t feel deserving of achieving the things that i want to. also frustrated cause i know i’m capable of it but i have mental blocks and my outlets are just not good enough. there’s always something missing that i’m yearning for in my self expression. but i don’t think i’m fit enough to do anything but create in this life. creating with the hands does very much relieve and gives a sense of external achievement coming from SELF. where did you get this information from?? it’s quite eye opening

It sounds like something to do with Libra or 7th house matter here. Libra is always about other people. They need a partner in their life then only things gets to feel stabilize, fulfilled in base which brings them security and then only they could start working on or fulfilling something else in their life. low esteem could be coming from saturn. Mind to share where about your libra or 7th house? Now, something else is coming up to surface, chart would make it easier but be careful when you share your chart. Just fyi, at first I thought may be you wanted your privacy so I said is not necessary and also because of being protective because I have had bad experience with a person sending me bad energy after acquiring my chart (no offense, Waybread.) Sharing a chart is not always safe that is also the reason I reacted the way I did to Waybread. Remove your name, time and place of birth for safety.

Edit add: ah, just read that you want to focus on moon chiron. ignore my request then.

Last edited:

or1000

It sounds like something to do with Libra or 7th house matter here. Libra is always about other people. They need a partner in their life then only things gets to feel stabilize, fulfilled in base which brings them security and then only they could start working on or fulfilling something else in their life. low esteem could be coming from saturn. Mind to share where about your libra or 7th house? Now, something else is coming up to surface, chart would make it easier but be careful when you share your chart. Just fyi, at first I thought may be you wanted your privacy so I said is not necessary and also because of being protective because I have had bad experience with a person sending me bad energy after acquiring my chart (no offense, Waybread.) Sharing a chart is not always safe that is also the reason I reacted the way I did to Waybread. Remove your name, time and place of birth for safety.

Edit add: ah, just read that you want to focus on moon chiron. ignore my request then.

i think the reason this comes to the surface and manifested even more so is somewhat to do with my discomfort here anyway. yes i see what you say about the chart! privacy first :)

Last edited:

or1000

Hello all, i have moon conjunction chiron ... anybody else? it’s in my 2nd house both scorpio. Existential depression is something I have experienced on a very high scale all of my life. Having to accumulate or refer to physical commodities to feel more grounded. I don’t necessarily always feel worthy of life here in this physical world and i’ve never felt connected to it without having things to refer to as ‘mine’...... but even then, there’s still still something missing. like a bottomless pit. hmmm just a little vent.
it makes me wonder what i can do with this to work with it cause it obviously isn’t going anywhere anytime soon

if it makes it easier to understand i have chronic illness also. i could say i don’t value my life because there isn’t much of it... you know? difficult stuff
ps i don’t expect a pity, i just wanted to speak to some people i don’t necessarily know :)

Last edited:

PlutoLibScoAsc

if it makes it easier to understand i have chronic illness also. i could say i don’t value my life because there isn’t much of it... you know? difficult stuff
ps i don’t expect a pity, i just wanted to speak to some people i don’t necessarily know :)

What chronic illness is it?

waybread

Sorry, I answered so because it looked obvious to me right away that the pain is indeed coming from moon conjunct chiron, and in the sign of scorpio. And well I know and like you said, if it is aspected by Saturn, it sure creates pain too. Amplified. Anyway, thankie~ for reminding.

Thanks, but this kind of deep feeling of worthlessness seems like it's got more than one source. Also, I think you missed my point about working on empowering interpretations of difficult placements.

What wisdom and compassion could come out of moon-Chiron?