What is your mars like and how assertive are you?

Starsareround

Slashing and burning your way through situations can definitely be exhilarating, but total destruction is not the path that I truly want to traverse, which is why I'm grateful for other parts of my chart that add more measure, contemplativeness and self-control to my personality. Having the ability to control that fire makes for a very effective person.

Indeed. Now that I'm ever so slightly more mature I can see how my own little internal inferno needs real self discipline and boundaries to be a force for good. I also have SN in Aries so I have a lot of serious work to reach that libra NN and all the balance and harmony it offers.

conspiracy theorist

I have the same nodal placement as you. In keeping with the modern way of reading the nodes, it's easier for me to engage my SN, as my chart is fire filled and all planets lie in the eastern hemisphere - I have a very self-driven chart. Divine comedy would have it that my Venus is integrated with my Mars which makes my Martial tendencies quite integral to any NN manifestation that happens in my life.

Something that I really find attractive as a path to "growth" which I think is related to this nodal placement, is the principles of Ma'at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maat

This more Justice oriented, scale-bound, Saturnian aspect of Libra is what I see as a sufficient target to strive for, and with my chart configurations, it won't result in any unnatural contortioning to mature along these lines. There's a lot to the sign of the scales that I think a lot of astrology enthusiasts don't give the sign enough credit for.

Starsareround

Conspiracy Theorist,

I also have all my planets on the eastern side of my chart. Mostly first and twelfth house. I have great admiration for the people I know who embody Libra themes like diplomacy and cooperation. I have gotten slightly better at integrating these themes and I definitely work at it. Life is much more nuanced and beautiful when you allow yourself to be vulnerable and even yielding. For a long time I didn’t even know what that would look/feel like. Especially being female, i have to say it’s nice to kind of learn to integrate more traditionally feminine traits. It hasn’t taken anything away from me but helped me “grow” and become more free...
And the Saturn aspect of Libra...kind of like a civil servant who’s loyalty lies with
principles and law, not partisan distractions. Measured, balanced, basically the image of sanity.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I'm with you on the importance of cooperation and diplomacy, but I'm a little more iffy on yielding. That one will be much harder to integrate, if it gets integrated at all.

Re Saturn and Libra - you underestimate just how much a force Libra can be when it decides to take on its less yielding aspects. Traditionally, Libra was classified as a violent human sign - which in one sense could be taken literally as the sign having a proclivity toward violence on humans, as well as a more metaphorical interpretation as violence perpetuated on ideological/cultural/"humane" grounds . There was a thread on here in recent memory that asked about which signs had the most success in warfare and political power/hegemony and among the markers there seemed to be a preponderance of Libra/Libra stelliums - which personally I didn't find surprising.

Seeing what the USA is known for globally, and when looking at the Sibly chart for the United States you see a Saturn in Libra at the MC - is instructive as to the potential manifestation of Libra in its Saturnine aspects (the USA chart also has Mars in the house of warfare and the ascendant is pretty close to Antares so the US isn't much for peaceful co-existence, if you take the chart seriously)

So there is definitely the sober sane aspects of Libra which I actually think have to do with Venus as much as Saturn (Venus hates anything too extreme or unrefined) but there is a harsher, less emotional component to Libra energy that can manifest in the blindness of true justice or negatively in those that believe that they have the right to impose what they believe their brand of justice is on the world around them. Venus and Saturn make a pretty formidable combination in the sign of Libra imo.

Somna7H

Banned
There was a thread on here in recent memory that asked about which signs had the most success in warfare and political power/hegemony and among the markers there seemed to be a preponderance of Libra/Libra stelliums - which personally I didn't find surprising.

Personally I'm totally Surprised.
I'm taking from my personal experience.
I'm totally disagree with this fact.
Coa I have Mars, Pluto,Vertex in Libra including Exalted Saturn.
For proof here is my chart:
http://i.imgur.com/FAzvpaf.jpg

conspiracy theorist

There's a lot of softening aspects in your chart - Taurus is on the ascendant and it is a Ying sign and a Venusian and Lunar sign. Your ascendant ruler is Venus conjunct the Moon quite closely and it cannot regard the ascendant from its sign placement - both rulers of the sign in an averse condition to the sign ruled shows that the house will have a hard time with manifestating in a way that's beneficial to the native. Further, the conjunction occurs in the sign of Gemini - a sign which is double-bodied and is therefore not inclined to the robustness of fixed signs or the direct and swift action of cardinal signs.

Your Mars is cadent and in detriment, and while you do have your Saturn in exaltation, this Saturn is out-of-sect and afflicting your Mars - Saturn overpowers your Mars and as this Saturn isn't inclined toward you , it might have the effect of paralysing/freezing your martial tendencies - your self-assertion, your desires, your actions.

You also have a decent amount of Cancer going on - which leads back to the Venus/Moon conjunction that is a very powerful force in your chart.

The chart has to be read holistically. Of the persons that I noted with the Libra preponderance were Vladimir Putin, Adolf Hitler, Margaret Thatcher, Dwight Eisenhower and Ghenghis Khan (really speculative chart mark you). Libra preponderance but configured quite differently from your chart.

Somna7H

Banned
@conspiracy theorist

Thank for valuable time for reading my chart. So basically to know the story we have to see the whole chart. That's why my Libra Stellium fail. Sadly I will never be able to become Hitler II. 😉

Yea, I am too soft and fickle too.
You mentioned that Venus and Moon Combination is good. But I don't know where to put this to get better results for myself. 😖

conspiracy theorist

The last time we spoke about your chart, you basically said that you wished you could do something with your aspects but you couldn't tell me the reason why you didn't take action.

The ball is in your court my man. Nothing will change without your consent.

Starsareround

Conspiracy Theorist,
I’m not totally surprised about what you wrote of Libra. Just from my personal experience with Libras they never seem to be doormats, but often use fairly sophisticated manipulations to achieve their power. Pretty aggressive in their own way, just not in the Aries way.

The main difference appears to be that they are more socially integrated and aware. A lot of what they do is for the good of the larger community or with the benefit of more than themselves in mind. So I guess I like to think of learning Libra lessons in that way, possibly more than my own sense of being vulnerable and yielding or not, but just in keeping more than myself and my own needs at the forefront

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Re Saturn and Libra - you underestimate just how much a force Libra can be when it decides to take on its less yielding aspects....There was a thread on here in recent memory that asked about which signs had the most success in warfare and political power/hegemony and among the markers there seemed to be a preponderance of Libra/Libra stelliums - which personally I didn't find surprising.

I am not surprised either. Libra is traditionally viewed as all sugar, spice, beauty and all the superficial elements mainstream astrology attributes it to.

But Libra is also the cardinal sign of strategy, and strategy underpins both Politics and Business. Law and Warfare. And Chess. To succeed in a complex venture, you must have a strong strategy in place that has analyzed many elements, moves and possibilities, all without emotional bias.

The reason people underestimate the archetype of Libra is because of covert versus overt energy. Archetypical Aries energy is overt, brash and confrontational, relying on brunt attack. It's displayed in our face, so we assign strength and power to that sign. But Libra energy is more covert, it's assets and power isn't so bluntly displayed. It relies on analysis and a strategic plan of action. The moves are smooth and harmonious, seemingly like nothing, but part of a much bigger picture, with ample results.

In Warfare, Aries would be the soldiers, marching on courageously. But Libras would be the generals and consultants, that analyzes the landscape, the enemy, both party's strength and weaknesses, thens draws up a plan that maximize its own strength and counter's the enemy's, and leads the enemy to where they want them to go.

The ability to see all sides of the equation, and the opposing parties point of view are assets. It allows you to see beyond yourself, and to predict what the other party will do. Thereby allowing you to counter, control and manipulate the situation at hand.

When we add Saturn to the picture (Saturn in libra) you also get farsightedness. One who not only can comprehend the high level summary of an existing situation in the short-range, but also project into the future how decisions and actions will affect longer-range goals and objectives.

Those skills are critical for complex ventures, especially involving an opposing party (politics, law, business, war).

Last edited:

Abby83

My mars is in Virgo with Venus in 11th house at the top of the chart. I can't stand any injustice or fighting or cruelty. Virgo is weak with health. It needs a very vitamin rich diet with physical activity. Lots of allergies and sensitivities with any toxins. Has to be natural. This in itself is a weakness, because if conditions were poor, and mars in Virgo couldn't get their rich food supply, their bodies would fall apart.

Abby83

Oh and as for assertiveness, I find it doesn't work on many types like Pisces dominant types because they delude themselves regarding boundaries, authority, restrictions and discipline. For instance with me and mother in law. I give a consequence and she claims I'm deluded and she walks away (projection). She has Venus mars and sun in Pisces. The police once caught her for not having her seat belt on and she said it was her daughters fault because she pressed the button whilst she was driving. She then stated how much she cares for her children and makes sacrifices (all Pisces) and then plays the victim as a helpless woman (all Pisces), and then gets away with. Sometimes as a mars Virgo I also find that when I give consequences these Pisces/neptunian/Jupiter ppl tell u what u want hear and then go do something else. Then when u confront them they play dumb and say they had no idea or they give vague responses or they simply say they like it better their way.. So assertion doesn't work for everyone.

wan

Mars in Gemini. In real life, I am quite timid and reserved (Pisces ascendant), however, I am very verbally aggressive online. I get mixed up with people on forums very frequently.

Lykanized

Mars in Virgo 1st house....conjunct moon and AC, square MC and Venus, sextile Mercury and Pluto, trine Uranus and Neptune...so it has a lot of energy loaded onto it

In my Mars-moon conjunct, Mars leads so my actions are very much loaded with the emotional tides of the moon. But I was never very assertive as a child. I had some incidents tho and I was very very argumentative. I, even more so than other children, didn't want to listen to anyone in 'authority'. I was my own authority. But at some point I became shy and assertiveness is something I've had to develop as I've gotten older

Assertiveness hasn't only been about my interactions with people, tho. My mom instilled in me from a very very young age the ideals of a fighter and as I've gotten older, they've been adopted into my basal being. Assertiveness to me is about how we go about life and achieving what we want and in that sense, I'm extremely assertive. I guess being cardinal heavy also helps

If I want something and know intuitively it's right for me, I'll get it. It doesn't matter the obstacles or who tries to get in my way, I will get it. I won't say 'I hope' or 'I'll try'..I'll say 'I will'. Since my moon is there supporting my Mars, a lot of this is about passion. I let my passion take the wheel as much as I let my intuition take the wheel in my actions. So everything I do comes from a place of intuition and passion. Because my actions come from such a deep place, I can be strikingly assertive. But when I don't feel them deep inside me, I'm likely not to be that assertive

Despite how demure I may seem, I'm actually very selfassured, sure of what I want and that I'm worthy of it and I'm not submissive. I'm very dominant. It's just that I'm very quiet until someone does something that crosses my boundaries

I wouldn't say I'm a leader, tho. I'm more of a lone wolf. I prefer to do things alone, but being an 11th houser, I see the value in bringing people into my 'crusade' since we all have unique abilities

I've been told that my emotions can be seen in my eyes since I tend to hold them in, anger being the most visible one, so my eyes will smolder and in my face, it's quite evident when I'm angry and cannot be pushed further lest I burst. I don't have a lot of patience. I'm very sweet generally, but I really don't have a lot of patience at all

Oh yeah...Anger tends to build up and explode to the point of breaking and throwing things
Upon deeper analysis, the ruling sign Mercury is gonna play its part. That's where I think the real friction comes in since it's in opposition to Uranus and Neptune, trining Pluto, and back around sextiling my Mars. Since Pluto's in my 3rd house in addition, I think there's more a tendency for me to fight with words or the mind, but with the Earthiness of Virgo, there's this frustration, a need for physical release. There may be a tendency toward manipulation(which I believe comes from Scorpio/Pluto), but I know my weaknesses

I feel like that Uranus opposition in particular adds an unpredictable nature to me. I don't know how my reactions will manifest, how my anger will express itself. I'm typically able to assert myself and my boundaries in a very selfassured fashion, but other times there's a marked madness to my energy

I find myself very much in need of something physical despite my cerebral nature. I'm both cerebral and physical with that Earthiness, but there's that frustration still in finding the right means of expression which I think may be typical with the Virgoishness. That's why my emotions may be so visible in my eyes and the energy I'm projecting through the brooding. Plus, I find myself gathering that anger and acting out against myself more often than against others so it becomes very self destructive

I mentioned there's a connection to the 8th house since Aries rules it so I think that adds another layer for me. On one hand, I can be manipulative and obsessive. On another, intense emotions are incredibly transformative for me

Assertiveness isn't something that came easily to me as a child, but it's something I've had to grow as I've gotten older and I've done it and still am

I have a tough time figuring myself out as I'm many, many things. But I don't think my mars energy is expressed as beneficially as one would assume with it being in the 1st house. But then, that's the beauty of astrology. We find our soft spots and we make them hard

Overall, I think the path of transformation has been finding the right means of expression, appropriate and creative rather than destructive and obsessive and so intense I get swept away and lose myself

Last edited:

kore

Mars Scorpio in 11th square Venus, semi square Jupiter and Neptune. I'm not assertive at all. Don't like confrontation. Anger explodes like a volcano occasionally. Likes cars and driving.

StelliumNoise

Mars Scorpio in 11th square Venus, semi square Jupiter and Neptune. I'm not assertive at all. Don't like confrontation. Anger explodes like a volcano occasionally. Likes cars and driving.

Do you have a bad tolerance for societal injustice and stupid standards, large structures/groups/organizations? Or atleast find yourself at the unfavorable end of these areas?

I'm trying to figure out if Mars points towards wounded areas. I also have it in the 11th house and I'm not assertive, don't like confrontation, but because of who I am I am easily triggered by injustice or petty nonsense in 11th house matters. I also have Chiron in the 11th though so its hard to see how my Mars energy plays into my persona

I'm a Scorpio 12th Sun conjunct Scorpio Rising, Sag Mars 13 degrees conjunct Sag Jupiter 17 Degrees in the 1st house, both square 4th house Saturn in Pisces. Mars Inconjunct Cap Uranus in the 3rd.

So, I'm a person with a pretty dual outward personality. I can be very assertive(Strong Mars, Sun Conj. Asc), or too imaginatively observant to care(12th Sun, Cap Uranus), or straight up fumbling/vacuous with my words and footing(Square Saturn). I'm naturally friendly and bubbly even with some people or perturbed or phlegmatic by the energy of other people. I can also directly offer clear advice to people in very hard times. I'm Scorpio Rising 18 degrees.(Pisces Decanate) I am generally pretty intently driven and very full of energy that cant wait to be released, however I usually discipline and reserve that energy because I have trouble making the direction in my mind mapped out to expand the way i'd like(Square Saturn) I also have a lot of nervous Saturnian energy that causes me to feel stiff in this regard.

However when I let go of restrained thoughts + behavior(Incjt Uranus, Squ Sat, Con Jupiter) in favor of my free-leaving and explorative energy(Mars-Jup), my Mars bounds in happiness and full-body waves, and I speak very loudly and wittily with people(Sag, Jup Trine Midheaven).

I also have Venus 7degre Conj. Mars in 1st. Attentively Assertive yet nimble sensuality in that aspect.

However, I also have Scor. Pluto in the 1st Conj Venus. Aggression runs in my veins like the streams of a river at times. My stature would fool you but I am ready to war and battle with the things and people that oppose me in life or threaten my affections. I feel it like the impending/expounding roar of a warrior in some regards. The Mars is complimentary in this aspect, esp as a Scorpio-born. I've been known as a Commander type, or as a Soldier. but as i said, I have a polarizing and shifting personality

Lots of Factors!

Last edited:

Gemini888

My Mars is... strange. It's my chart ruler, the focal point of a T-square with Sun and Pluto, and in 5H. But it's also at 0 degree Virgo. It's a constant struggle between wanting to be the center of attention and blending into the crowd.

I also have the urge to provide practical help to people. I don't do well with soft words (retrograte Mercury squares Saturn and inconjuncts MC). I help people by solving the problems at hand. If I can't find any solution, I just move back and leave people alone. I may put off people who just want reassurance.

yuriv

I like my mars better these days, i don't know maybe it's because it's currently transiting in Aquarius which is its draconic position. I have mars in leo and even though i don't like showing it i do like showing off lool just for fun. I like having fun.