Mars Return--Good, Bad, Both, or Neither

david starling

I have one coming up, and I just realized I haven't paid attention to it before. Any informed opinions?

Osamenor

Staff member
Pay attention this time and see what you notice.

I didn't pay attention to Mars returns either, until my last one. That return coincided exactly with a direct opposition to natal Mars by the transiting moon. I felt much more impatient than usual that day, especially when the opposition was exact. At that moment, I got delayed by a bus breaking down, and pretty well lost it.

Osamenor

Staff member
But, if your Mars return is coming right up, it's an unusual one. Mars is retrograde right now. If you have a Mars return during the retrograde, you're actually having three Mars returns. Mars returned before the retrograde, returns again during, and will return again after. So, it's worth finding the date when the first Mars return happened and making note of what happened then, too.

david starling

I had a close encounter of the transiting Mars kind a few months ago, when it was moving through Sagittarius. Sitting at a stop light on my normal route, on the way home after a grueling day at work, and a young lady who had just gotten her license and was with a bunch of her friends in her mother's car, slammed into me from behind. No injuries, very little vehicle damage (none whatsoever to her mother's car), but a good wake-up call for her to pay attention to her driving! When I got home and checked, Mars had gone conjunct with my M.C. at the exact minute of the collision.

JUPITERASC

I have one coming up, and I just realized I haven't paid attention to it before.
Any informed opinions?
I'm no expert
however since ours is an amateur astrological learning forum
my level of expertise is unimportant
MARS spends approximately fifty-seven days in each natal houseMARS requires approximately 687 days to orbit SUN once
and therefore MARS returns to its natal location approximately every TWO YEARS
Traditionally unless MARS is Lord of the Year aka LOY by Profection
and Transiting MARS aspects natal MARS
and/or aspects any natal planet linked to Profected LOY
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]a MARS return may pass uneventfully :smile:[/FONT]
details on how to PROFECT a natal chart are on several threads
including at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113535
Creating and studying several past MARS return charts can be very illuminating