Cancerians hated in astrology-what are their strengths?

Darth MI

I notice that Cancer people are universally among the most hated signs; even within the astrology community, the sign gets so much bashing for being emotionally unstable, clingy, and unwilling to let go of the past. In addition Cancer is often hated for their lack of masculinity and generally meek personality.

This linked post below is the typical Cancer-bashing found within the astrology community.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=434875&postcount=2

THing is I have a brother whose chart is so strongly influenced by Cancer. ALthough he can be clingy in romantic relationships, he is anything but most of the traits above and his aggression is incredible but restraint. I should not though Air is the strongest element in his chart and Aquarius is the second strongest influence followed by Cancer. I don't recall what his strongest planet wars, but Saturn is easily second or third place according to differnt calculations like Walter Pullen and Almuten and Mars is in his 10th house. So all those may explain why he lacks most of the traits typically associated and used to bash Cancer.

But he also shows many amazing traits like being the leader in hard situations to command, gentleness, skill with money and ability to save up rather than wasting it all ine one shopping, bargain hunting, and so other traits. All which I recall is associated with Cancer.

Why is Cancer so bashed? Everytime the sign is discussed, all I ever see is the moodiness and clinginess used to describe Cancer! Never the positive traits like skill in handling money (afterall statistics show more people with strongly Cancerian influenced charts are self-made millionaires than any other sign), and so much more.

Are there any reedeming qualities to the sign in addition to my personal anecdotes?

lazarusx

I notice that Cancer people are universally among the most hated signs; even within the astrology community, the sign gets so much bashing for being emotionally unstable, clingy, and unwilling to let go of the past. In addition Cancer is often hated for their lack of masculinity and generally meek personality.

This linked post below is the typical Cancer-bashing found within the astrology community.

THing is I have a brother whose chart is so strongly influenced by Cancer. ALthough he can be clingy in romantic relationships, he is anything but most of the traits above and his aggression is incredible but restraint. I should not though Air is the strongest element in his chart and Aquarius is the second strongest influence followed by Cancer. I don't recall what his strongest planet wars, but Saturn is easily second or third place according to differnt calculations like Walter Pullen and Almuten and Mars is in his 10th house. So all those may explain why he lacks most of the traits typically associated and used to bash Cancer.

But he also shows many amazing traits like being the leader in hard situations to command, gentleness, skill with money and ability to save up rather than wasting it all ine one shopping, bargain hunting, and so other traits. All which I recall is associated with Cancer.

Why is Cancer so bashed? Everytime the sign is discussed, all I ever see is the moodiness and clinginess used to describe Cancer! Never the positive traits like skill in handling money (afterall statistics show more people with strongly Cancerian influenced charts are self-made millionaires than any other sign), and so much more.

Are there any reedeming qualities to the sign in addition to my personal anecdotes?

I think you've covered them. But i can understand your frustration.. i made a similar thread over a year ago asking the same question but with my own chart specific information: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62830

My Cancer Sun is in my second house, and if there's but one redeeming quality i can pull from this sign it would be it's incredible ability at money management and this is because our emotional security is tied up with financial security.. it took me a long time to accept it, but i am much more mentally and emotionally balanced when i have a significant amount of money in reserve.. been broke throws me off the deep end.

It's also a Cardinal sign, which means it takes action and will often take on leadership roles depending on the circumstance and environment.

As most of my chart is heavily dominated by Air and Fire, i don't often relate to my Cancer sign too much, i would say i only express the Cancerian aspect of my personality in the most intimate of relations and settings.

For example when i was with my ex-girlfriend, her sister would sometimes bring her baby around, for some reason the baby took a liking too me.. and out of nowhere i felt a very strong affinity towards family that i had never felt before, even with my own immediate family. It wasn't until i was in a vulnerable position (opening up to a relationship) and been around that relationships close family that my Cancerian side showed itself..

Under any other circumstance it's usually quite buried beneath the Air and Fire which rule my chart, which is why i rarely if ever recognise it.

Love2Know

Wait a bit and you will uncover many signs being bashed; mainly the water signs and houses, except Jupitur 4th. It is dumb and more of a reflection of cultural values than the actual signs themselves. That mixed with gross ignorance and bias negativity.
ps I am a Cancer sun and I have A Leo Moon and I bet I am one of the most sensitive "energy absorbing" people out there. I get physically sick around negativity. I mean hateful negativity, not fun biatchy gossip :)

Last edited:

ashriia

The "universally hated" tagline in your post I think is a very objective perspective. You can cherry pick this site or any astrology community and find plenty of ammunition against just about every sign and moon and venus placement etc. etc.

The post you linked to, was is of a member speaking ill of an Ex partner. And as you might known people don't usually go on an astrology forum and say how wonderful their ex is/was.

Lastly, sensitivity in our world culture is looked at as a weakness, something to be suppressed. People are suppose to "move on" "get over it" "grow up". it doesn't matter what it is. & you can take any water sign.. and you will hear "too emotional" air sign "too detached, promiscuous" fire sign "too self centered" earth sign "cold and boring". they all have negatives. But positives as well.. I find emotional sensitivity a beautiful thing, personally. There are so many good things that can come from the work of people who are sensitive..they can make positive changes in the world if they look outside themselves. Air signs and the cold and boring might be very good in the sciences and medical field. Fire signs.. can offer enjoyment and entertainment in the performing arts. & Fire moons for instance are passionate enough and not too sensitive that they can be fighters and work in emergency situations with ease.

So it's a matter of perspective. you look for negative things you will find them, positive likewise you will find them..:wink:

Love2Know

The "universally hated" tagline in your post I think is a very objective perspective. You can cherry pick this site or any astrology community and find plenty of ammunition against just about every sign and moon and venus placement etc. etc.

The post you linked to, was is of a member speaking ill of an Ex partner. And as you might known people don't usually go on an astrology forum and say how wonderful their ex is/was.

Lastly, sensitivity in our world culture is looked at as a weakness, something to be suppressed. People are suppose to "move on" "get over it" "grow up". it doesn't matter what it is. & you can take any water sign.. and you will hear "too emotional" air sign "too detached, promiscuous" fire sign "too self centered" earth sign "cold and boring". they all have negatives. But positives as well.. I find emotional sensitivity a beautiful thing, personally. There are so many good things that can come from the work of people who are sensitive..they can make positive changes in the world if they look outside themselves. Air signs and the cold and boring might be very good in the sciences and medical field. Fire signs.. can offer enjoyment and entertainment in the performing arts. & Fire moons for instance are passionate enough and not too sensitive that they can be fighters and work in emergency situations with ease.

So it's a matter of perspective. you look for negative things you will find them, positive likewise you will find them..:wink:

Yeah plus I find and have known double air signs who I found more attached or outwardly emotional than me and in turn I can come off very calm and cool and sure of myself. ASPECTS and how our charts interact with others is a big factor.. our own maturity, life experience, which part of our chart we are expressing, transits and so forth

Ps I suck at money managment... I just say Im waiting for people to give me money or win the lotto...m ahaha aha. COME on jup 8th lol Anyways yeah I have worked.

Last edited:

Bunraku

I've noticed every water sign thread or any thread involving the 8th and 12th house turns into a hug fest and people writing out paragraphs of emotional rants :whistling:
It's ok. Just let it all out, my fellow water signs. :kissing:

Love2Know

I've noticed every water sign thread or any thread involving the 8th and 12th house turns into a hug fest and people writing out paragraphs of emotional rants :whistling:
It's ok. Just let it all out, my fellow water signs. :kissing:

Ahajahaha I need a hug and sympathy please, I feel like everyone close to me in my life just always says "toughen up" "eye roll" "that is not even a real issue" or "get over it" when I open up about anything thing that upsets or bothers me. I have had an anxiety attack infront of my family and the responce was "omg dont be so pathetic, now get over it and move on!". Maybe it is because 10 minutes later I will be watching something and laughing... people dont take me seriously. I can't feel the same thing that long; can anyone?

Last edited:

Love2Know

They yell that out ? omg that's terrible :lol:
What are the predominant signs of your family members?

Libra and saggitarius biatchez sun signs... my husband double scorpio... he is mars virgo venus sag soooo critical. Omg.so annoying. He gets upset if I am lying on the couch telling him to clean stuff. It is not my fault my mars is afflicted!

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Every sign gets bashed for some silly thing that's associated with it.

For me, being a Cancer-sun matters very little. My chart is earth dominant, so I'm the Cold, boring, non-emotional Cancer. :tongue: I also have a very strong, out of bounds Gemini Mercury to add to this unemotional attitude.

People who are overly emotional confuse me. Perhaps it's due to the fact that emotions aren't something I can study an understand. It's illogical and therefore, it confuses me.

Love2Know

For me, being a Cancer-sun matters very little. My chart is earth dominant, so I'm the Cold, boring, non-emotional Cancer. :tongue: I also have a very strong, out of bounds Gemini Mercury to add to this unemotional attitude.

People who are overly emotional confuse me. Perhaps it's due to the fact that emotions aren't something I can study an understand. It's illogical and therefore, it confuses me.
Hmm i qm so emotional and I found many gemini sun people insta connections with or gem moons.

hmmm you know, they are like a moon that reflects Sun's light. (Everyone is a Sun, a centrically like a spotlight's projection, a wholeness, a concentrated completeness, having some directions to a specific role)

but these ones is like not so.

they can simulate much better, themselves to others to these Suns ?
(at the same time theirs to themselves)
that's such an emphatic tie.. that's why they are so changeable, moody
theirs specific role is like each of every roles
thats why they are unsteady.

I think
There are huge differences between Leo and Cancer signs
probably only similarities are subjectivity and the following..

actually Leo is common sign to acting, or acting a part, even to much more representation,
resembling to others. and that one is such an sympathetic tie.

then what's the really difference between these ones ways or behavior? exactly where difference begins ?
Who can enlighten better?

allright, Let's get to the point...The Cancer's strength is much more about spiritual and inner.

and of course This strength may cure to opposite Capricorn and Saturn's bad Matters.

but most of the times it won't happen so however As far as I see the people don't grow so that considerately or receptively
because Life is not so.

Am I only person thinking this like that?

nevermind. Here is My Thoughts as possible to come into the open.
End of the Arguments : Cancer is Not like life by the way of course of life, that's why they are hated..

Last edited:

Bunraku

Not really. Example: No one likes to bash Aries because Aries is superior in every way shape and form.

Proof: I have not seen a single Aries bashing thread in this forum! :biggrin: