Cardinal Grand Cross in April

The_Saturnian

We all know (I'm assuming we all do), that next month will see three keys astrological events two eclipses one solar and lunar and the much discussed event of the year: the Cardinal Grand Cross. I'd like to start this thread to ask how it's going to affect you. Remember we're going to be seeing Mars (r), Uranus, Pluto and Jupiter at play, in Libra, Aries, Capricorn and Cancer respectively. Post your chart and/or let's discuss how it's going to affect us all.

In my case since I am a Gemini rising, the emphasis is going to be in 5th house Mars in Libra retrograde (creativity/love affairs/relationships), Pluto in 7th house Capricorn (relationships/open enemies/employees/seriousness/pessimism), Uranus in 11th house Aries (friends/social networking/personality) and Jupiter in 1st house Cancer (personality/home life/parents).

It's a tad bit difficult to say exactly what is going on in my case, but I have a vague idea. Back on 1st Feb an old flame returned to my life (Venus retrograde period) with whom I was close to tying the knot. We hadn't spoken for a year. But since our conversation that day, she's suddenly gone very cold with me and as we are both part of another forum, she talks to me on there but I get the distinct feeling that she is avoiding me even though she tells me she has lots of problems going on in her life. Time will reveal all, this I am certain of. Clearly the emphasis is relationships/love affairs with me. My parents initially gave consent to go ahead and get married, but she later refused very suddenly after having 2nd thoughts. I think this Grand Cross is going to reveal a lot about relationships and affairs in my case. In conclusion I get the feeling that we are destined to go our separate ways once again, but this time it will be permanently.

How do you think it will affect you?

Last edited:

dreamtimez

I have Libra Rising 6 degrees ... the Grand Cross will impact self/others and home/work axis for me. On both levels I need to get out of a rut ...

StillOne

Pluto is within 1deg of my Descendant. I'm already starting to see the effects. My Ex just got engaged and my grandfather passed last Friday. I anticipate further radical changes.

ethertwist

There's a weird confluence of aspects hitting my natal chart this April:

1. The April 15 Total Lunar Eclipse at 25 Libra 16 is opposing my MC (conjunct IC) at 24 Aries 01 and squaring my Sun at 24 Cancer 23 (12th House)

2. The Cardinal Cross the week of April 21 is exactly conjunct/opposite/square my natal Venus at 13 Cancer 42 (12th House)

3. The April 28 Solar Eclipse at 8 Taurus 51 is exactly conjunct my Moon at 8 Taurus 26 (10th House)

I'm both cautiously nervous and optimistic...if that makes any sense?
:unsure:

The_Saturnian

In what areas of your life do you think you'll be affected the most in terms of feeling optimistic and nervous? Cardinal grand cross wise of course.

ethertwist

In what areas of your life do you think you'll be affected the most in terms of feeling optimistic and nervous? Cardinal grand cross wise of course.

I'm more just optimistic about the potential for change that eclipses sometimes promise (and in this case, the potent grand cross as well), but change isn't always convenient or pleasant, so hence the nervousness. On the other hand, nothing whatsoever may transpire! Since my MC/IC axis and my Sun, Moon and Venus (ruler of my 4th) are being specifically aspected, I'm more curious/worried about what it could mean for one of my parents.

The_Saturnian

I'm more just optimistic about the potential for change that eclipses sometimes promise (and in this case, the potent grand cross as well), but change isn't always convenient or pleasant, so hence the nervousness. On the other hand, nothing whatsoever may transpire! Since my MC/IC axis and my Sun, Moon and Venus (ruler of my 4th) are being specifically aspected, I'm more curious/worried about what it could mean for one of my parents.

I've just had a look at what aspects the cross will be making and it isn't looking good at all for me on the day. It's definitely going to one hell of a rollercoaster:
  • Natal Moon and natal Uranus (r) are at 14 and 15 degrees Sagittarius respectively in 6th house. Health has been a great concern lately so the trine from Mars (r) may cause a reversal of some sorts. Negative energy perhaps? I can only wish
  • Speaking of health, Saturn is retrograde at the moment and he is going to be exactly hitting it's natal place of 21 degrees Scorpio on the day too in 6th house as well. Again the emphasis of health/daily chores/selfless work will be highlighted here.
  • Transiting Moon is going to be exactly conjunct transiting Pluto in 7th house Capricorn. I have a feeling it's going to affect my relationship with my mother and this girl I have a thing for. Ugly obsessive feelings for her is probably what I expect as I have been feeling like this very lately since she is blanking/ignoring me.
  • Natal Jupiter (r) in 9th house Aquarius. Could it spark me to return to my old higher education of chartered insurance/review of my religious beliefs? I feel like I have drifted away from religion and become more spiritual instead.
  • Natal NN at 14 degrees 12th house Taurus. Probably going to sacrifice my relationship with the girl I've mentioned above. Intuition is telling me that karmically me and her will go our separate ways never to talk again (and this time it is permanent). I'm expecting a massive argument on the day or a sudden unexpected make up. But most likely the former.
  • Exactly 13 degrees Gemini in 12th house I have Chiron, so the theme will probably be a wound that needs healing by letting something go (probably her).
I truly hope it doesn't come to what I've written above, but I'm making an interpretation of how it could affect me more than anything. Let's see what happens.

RisingSag

My birthdays April 14 and my north node is libra 24'. I also have a venus Aries opp libra pluto at 11 and 13'. So it will be a significant year for sure. I don't know what it means. It's a bit scary also since it's going to impact my solar return and color my whole year.

byjove

Account Closed
Thanks for this, I wasn't aware of this upcoming, I was too preoccupied.

Mars really comes into this? At what degree or which date? I just took a peek at a random date of 15 April and Mars is (r) at 16* Libra. Is that close enough for the others at 12*, 13*?

I'm looking to book flights for mid-April and I'll have to take this into consideration. I'm moving half-way across the world! :w00t:

The_Saturnian

Thanks for this, I wasn't aware of this upcoming, I was too preoccupied.

Mars really comes into this? At what degree or which date? I just took a peek at a random date of 15 April and Mars is (r) at 16* Libra. Is that close enough for the others at 12*, 13*?

I'm looking to book flights for mid-April and I'll have to take this into consideration. I'm moving half-way across the world! :w00t:

You're welcome. I've got ample time on my hands at the moment and am doing nothing these days. (Saturn return going on) :annoyed:.

Yes Mars does. It will be occurring on the 21st April. The four will form the grand cross at 13 degrees in their respective signs. I would say so that an orb range of 12/13* should be sufficient for things to start getting "heated up" as Mars is one the personal planets. Aries and Scorpio ruled people should begin to feel it slightly more than others in my opinion for obvious reasons. A big change for you indeed! Is the cross affecting your 9th house/Sagittarius by any chance for you? Jupiter is involved so I can see where long distance travel could be coming into play for you. I'm curious as to what the position is in your 12th house. Is the grand cross being played out here as well?

byjove

Account Closed
Saturn return eh? :whistling:

Ah OK so about 13 degrees is the ignition point. 21st April is the exact day.

Yep, I'm in the Aries Sun group. I'll be keen to see how this affects everyone here. My 9th and Sagg are not affected (that I can see). TR Uranus just crossed natal Jupiter conjunct North Node in the 10th of Aries. That would be the travel and separation I suppose! What might bring the 12th into foucs? Yep TR Jupiter is (r) in my 12th of Cancer too.

So for your it's your romantic life that's under stress/transition at the moment? If Mars is retrograde in the 5th, do you think there could be more developments when it goes direct again?

The_Saturnian

Yes and it teaching me a great deal at the moment particularly how to handle my health issue. I believe 12th house of losses could be interpreted as a long distance move because we are ridding ourselves of the past and are moving to a new future.

TR Uranus just crossed natal Jupiter conjunct North Node in the 10th of Aries. That would be the travel and separation I suppose! Yep TR Jupiter is (r) in my 12th of Cancer too.

That explains a lot indeed. Uranus and Jupiter (sudden long distance travel?) & transiting Jupiter in 12th house of Cancer (long distance permanent move away from home?).

Yes I think my love affairs will undergo an assessment on the day. She and I have been struggling. There's been a long delay in communication because she's trying to finish up her university coursework before the beginning of next month. Plus she claims she has 'problems' but the strange thing is that she seems to communicate like nothings happened just normal with everyone else that we know. (She seems to deliberately ignore me. Clearly things something I've done wrong and I know what it is). I did **** her off the 1st time we spoke for like 6 hours on Skype for the first time in 1 year, and since then she's been acting all weird around me. I did ask a horary question about her and I and apparently she is busy with her work, but one interpretation suggested that she has another in her life at the moment. So I can see it's going to be very tense after she finishes university and returns home next month. I've decided to follow Mars' lead and avoid confrontations at all with her. Furthermore I'm going to try my best to long things out until the month of May to avoid falling prey to the Cardinal Grand Cross. That way the tension will clear and I'll be able to talk things out with her. But whatever will be, will be. I reckon when Mars goes direct there will be change, not just for myself but everyone. I read this article last night about what happens when Mars goes direct/retrograde:

http://www.mollysastrology.com/astrology-articles/mars-retrograde

ashriia

I think it's a good idea to check out your April lunar return and solar return for clues into what parts of your life will be effected by the cardinal cross.
Also check out where the sun and moon will be for the april lunar/solar eclipses.
:smile:

Ebenia

I am waiting for this cardinal cross with both excitement and apprehension! It will hit my chart quite massively, I have Sun in 13 degrees Capricorn, Moon in Cancer (17 degrees) and Jupiter at 20 degrees Aries. :D

I alreayd know that it has to do with moving away from my current country, cause I will finish my studies and during that time I will probably start looking for a ne w house in my home country either alone or with my boyfriend...Many changes coming and I am exciteeeeddd :)

The_Saturnian

I am waiting for this cardinal cross with both excitement and apprehension! It will hit my chart quite massively, I have Sun in 13 degrees Capricorn, Moon in Cancer (17 degrees) and Jupiter at 20 degrees Aries. :D

I alreayd know that it has to do with moving away from my current country, cause I will finish my studies and during that time I will probably start looking for a ne w house in my home country either alone or with my boyfriend...Many changes coming and I am exciteeeeddd :)

Great to hear that someone still breathes optimism in this regard. LOL Hope your move goes smooth. :)

Birch Dragon

Hi All,
I've been feeling the effects of the Uranus-Pluto square for at least a year, in ways that first felt very negative but now - befitting the energy of Uranus and especially Pluto, I suppose - feels like an attempt at a liberating transcendence, like a wave of energy trying to birth me out of a poisonous egg I somehow became all too entrenched in.

There's a square in my chart that the Uranus-Pluto cross has been riding over for a while and the cardinal Grand Cross is going to hit exactly:
Aries in the 8th house - Moon 7 degrees, Venus 11 degrees, Sun 13 degrees
Square
North Node in the 4th house, at Capricorn 13 degrees (and so of course, SN in 10th, Cancer 13 degrees)
At first, about a year ago, I felt it in my career and my marriage, both of which took serious hits. But over a year-long process it's proved a boon to my marriage as we've grown stronger at a deep psychological level. No boon to my work but I've been forced to realize how many aspects of my work crush my soul.

Maybe reflected in Uranus-Pluto running through my 4th and 8th house, I'm undergoing a serious inner transformation right now. Flushing very deep poisons out. Recognizing just how many social roles I play that aren't true to who I am - that stifle who I really am. Like most of us I feel the need to become those roles - out of politeness, social expectation, or survival (we all need a paycheck). But suddenly there's a tremendous surge of energy inside me demanding that I live the rest of my life as me, or what the hell was my life for?
So to some degree it's felt like how people talk about Saturn Returns - a referendum on your life, clearing out what doesn't work. But I realize actually it's been more powerful and with a different kind of feel. Again, it's more like this electric ocean wave of liberation and a call to transcend everything that entangles or wraps me in somebody's or some institution's expectation of who or what I'm supposed to be. I'm assuming this reflects the Aries part of the equation, but for me this Grand Cross is manifesting as a deep desire to destroy everything in my life that is not authentic.

Which started out feeling awful but increasingly feels like it's pointing me towards a better life.

:)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

IT IS POSSIBLE that eclipses directly on natal planets MAY have negative effects. HOWEVER the effect of the eclipse varies, dependent on the individual natal chart planetary placements BECAUSE Angles ASC/DESC/IC/MC are a variable factor from chart to chart. :smile:

Eclipse effects ARE NOT NECESSARILY 'disastrous' but they are certainly linked with change
such as relocation, change of career, relationship changes....

Keep in mind that an eclipse - whether solar or lunar - does not necessarily affect everyone,
only those whose natal charts are connected to it by aspect to their natal planets/ASC/DESC/IC/MC or other important natal chart factor

According to a book
"Predictive Power of Eclipse Paths" by Bill Meridian:

“Eclipse paths are an astrological technique that can pin point important areas on the surface of the earth for you individually. When you were born there had to be an eclipse near your birth. By a method developed in the 1930's by Lorne Edward Johndhro of California, which he later passed on to Charles A Jayne Junior of New York, we can determine which eclipse is your eclipse path.

This could be an area that could be very important to you during your life, whether you go there or not. People from that area, ideas from that area, products from that area, can be very important to you. If you are like me, you wind up living right under your eclipse path!”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4FQ...eature=related

The part of the book that discusses natal astrology explains that the "birth eclipse"
is the eclipse nearest to birth, before or after - usually a solar eclipse, but is sometimes lunar.

Bill Meridan's book explains that Eclipses on the same area can be studied as eclipse families.

An eclipse can link two places together.

There are eclipses that activate other eclipses, from decades earlier.

Events that happen on or around an eclipse can have fateful outcomes when activated by later eclipses

Every 18 years approximately, eclipses repeat,
which MAY have significant impact remaining a sensitive point for years, decades, even centuries.

Far longer than anyone had previously thought.

"This book will revolutionize the study of eclipses"
Cycles Research. http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html :smile: