Am I doomed?

trickster

I've started working my way through Carol Rushman's book, The Art of Predictive Astrology, and I think I want a different chart. lol

Sagittarius is on my 7th House cusp, and according to this book, that will "bring a lot of marriages" - as many as four. My Mercury is square to my Jupiter, which is supposed to indicate divorce.

I ended my 26-year marriage because I just couldn't stand it anymore; in fact, we came very close to a divorce just a couple of years into it - paperwork and everything. Even so, I'm not dead yet, and I wouldn't mind another serious relationship... but divorce is so ugly and painful.

Obviously, I don't have to get married again if I don't want to, but I'm wondering if my :mars::square::jupiter:will ignore that technicality and manifest as a horrible breakup?

I'm also curious about Yods. If I'm reading things correctly, I have one on my chart: Venus sextile Uranus; both inconjunct the Moon. (Depending on whether or not angles can also form Yods, I might have another one: Jupiter sextile MC; both inconjunct Mars.) Any opinions on how this might manifest in my life?

Attachments

• my natal with progressions and transits 63 percent.gif
    my natal with progressions and transits 63 percent.gif
    54.1 KB · Views: 38

waybread

No, of course you're not "doomed." What a question! All of those blue lines in your chart are favourable aspects.

You do have a yod of moon, Uranus, and Venus. A yod requires two planets in a quincunx relationship joining at the tip of a "pointer" formation, with a sextile at the base.

Any book predicting a "lot of marriages" due to Sagittarius on the cusp is mistaken. Sagittarius is one of the dual signs (half man, half horse,) and one reading of a dual sign on the cusp of the 7th is two marriages. But four??? Maybe she's thinking of Jupiter as the planet of, "if a little is good, a lot is better."

Modern astrology has a saying, "The stars impel but they do not compel." With the ruler of your 7th house square sun, you may feel that marriage in some way threatens your individuality. Jupiter quincunxes Mars, which can generate irritation, but not so strongly as the square.

trickster

Modern astrology has a saying, "The stars impel but they do not compel."

Thanks for your response. I hadn't encountered that saying before, but I like it very much. :smile:

With the ruler of your 7th house square sun, you may feel that marriage in some way threatens your individuality.

You're right on target with that! I spent almost all of my marriage as a stay-at-home mom, having to ask permission to go anywhere or see my friends; being told that my talents and skills weren't worth anything except as hobbies for my own amusement and that all I could be was a wife and mom - yeah, I'd say my individuality was threatened. I truly believe that a good relationship would not be like that; but at the same time, part of me is afraid to test that theory. My sign, Cancer, is supposed to be soooo compatible with Scorpio, my ex's sign, so I'm feeling "once burnt, twice shy". Still, some optimism remains... How's that for a Cancerian ebb and flow statement? lol

It's been two and a half years since the divorce, and I'm just now starting to consider the possibility of a relationship... but if it's going to end in an ugly way... Well, hopefully it won't. *shrug*

waybread

Signs can be compatible in a general way, as in, both Cancer and Scorpio are water signs. But really, the astrology of relationships goes by the degree of the sun as well as the sign. Then we look at what is going on in the rest of the chart, as well.

You've probably learned a lot from your former marriage-- the "sadder but wiser girl" is, after all, wiser.

Glinda

Even so, I'm not dead yet, and I wouldn't mind another serious relationship... but divorce is so ugly and painful.

Obviously, I don't have to get married again if I don't want to, but I'm wondering if my :mars::square::jupiter:will ignore that technicality and manifest as a horrible breakup?

Your chart is ok, squares to jupiter are not the end of the world, it's still jupiter, right?

I can understand your fear of a new dissappointment but it is also like a little alarm that says, you are not there yet. Maybe you should listen to your fear and stay single, till the fear is gone a little.

Hearing that you were in a very controlling marriage where your individuality was undermined tells me, that you should concentrate on yourself first and become who you are. Looking at the fact that your northnode is widely conjunct your sun shows this clearly. Part of your souls journey is developing yourself/willpower/personality/wants and needs in life (sun). Maybe it is time to catch up with yourself first, before you go into a new relationship. Only knowing yourself and what you want from a new relationship will protect you from falling for the wrong person. Study the meaning of your northnode please. You "found" astrology a wonderful tool for selfstudy, so you are lucky – no way you are doomed! :smile:

All the best.
G.

Jadi

Yods are simply midpoints, in your case Moon activating the Venus/Uranus midpoint.

http://john-sandbach.blogspot.nl/2010/11/planets-affecting-venusuranus-midpoint.html
Moon: Feelings of love and attraction that may suddenly arise and also disappear quickly. The emotional need to pursue one's own values freely and independently. To be impressionable to unusual beauty. The emotional need to be able to share freely and openly in a relationship.

I also have a Yod, it generally manifests as feeling the excessive need to do something but the second you've done it, you're getting second thoughts. It can be exhausting.

trickster

Maybe you should listen to your fear and stay single, till the fear is gone a little.

Thanks, Glinda. :smile: I'm in no rush. There isn't anyone in my life right now who I would even consider dating - but a recent reading indicated that I will meet someone in the second half of this year, and even though it's an exciting idea, it also brings up some fear and hesitation.

Yods are simply midpoints, in your case Moon activating the Venus/Uranus midpoint.

Thanks, Jadi. :smile: Sometimes I feel like if I ask different three experts, I'll get at least five different answers. lol

Jadi

lol Sounds like a good approach, taking everything with a grain - or maybe a tablespoon - of salt! :D
It's the truth. Don't trust anyone who claims to be an authority on astrology. Even those who are asking the big bucks for their analysis. Any given reading is based on speculation and highly relative, there are only opinions.

waybread

Jadi, I like the idea that a yod apex planet is a midpoint. Too often, we forget that each planetary pair has a near midpoint, which is the one we usually consider; and a far midpoint, which is 180 degrees opposite to it.

I agree, Trickster, that you could ask 3 astrologers for opinions and get 5 different answers. But this is not to say that there are no core bodies of knowledge in astrology. On a forum such as this one, the majority of members are amateurs. Also, any planet, sign, or house has multiple meanings. The sign of a good astrologer is that s/he is better able than most to grasp the particular meaning that best explains your life experience.

Further, a "blind" chart reading is a tough challenge for any astrologer, no matter how skilled. Yet this is most of the work that we do on this forum.

trickster

I agree, Trickster, that you could ask 3 astrologers for opinions and get 5 different answers. But this is not to say that there are no core bodies of knowledge in astrology. On a forum such as this one, the majority of members are amateurs. Also, any planet, sign, or house has multiple meanings. The sign of a good astrologer is that s/he is better able than most to grasp the particular meaning that best explains your life experience.

Further, a "blind" chart reading is a tough challenge for any astrologer, no matter how skilled. Yet this is most of the work that we do on this forum.

Valid points, Waybread, and I certainly didn't mean to belittle anyone's abilities, or astrology in general for that matter. If I didn't believe in the essential knowledge found in astrology, I wouldn't be here. :smile:

The experts to which I was referring are the authors of the astrology books I've read over the years, and more recently, astrology bloggers. One will say that a Yod is of major importance; another will say it can include angles as well as planets; a third will not even acknowledge its existence. The lack of consensus can be a tad frustrating. Then again, it's partially my own fault for assuming that people are experts because they are in print or online. Now that I think about it, that's rather naive of me.

I accept that astrology incorporates a great deal of art and intuition, as well as measurements and mathematics. That blend is exactly what draws me to it. So no, I don't expect anyone here to be able to do a blind reading with 100% accuracy. :smile: If I worded things poorly in my earlier response and inadvertently offended anyone, I apologize.

waybread

Hey, no problem. And your skepticism is very healthy. Partly because astrology never developed as a bona fide discipline like physics or economics, its standards are pretty lax. Anyone can blog as an astrologer, regardless of her level of expertise. Then there are different schools of thought that do not all agree.

As you study more astrology, you can see what coincides best with your life experience and what seems too far-fetched to be credible.