My thoughts on happiness and no need for contribution

Bradders

Alot of us in our lives, fondly believe sometimes, that our lives are completely pointless. That we've never contributed anything, our parents nag at us for a job; theres all this contribution.

I'm even saying of the new age movement today: But no one tells you for one moment, one moment, that you've already did what you had to, all your life since you were a kid; you should be living and thinking of absolutely no regrets. Not one.

You should actually thinking you've died happy, because that mystery purpose in life? That special thing you had to do? You're doing it, RIGHT NOW.

If you can put it all together, the whole reason we're on this earth, is for individual growth, to develop and self actualize; especially of all: To have had fun. Why am I being so selfish? Why am I only bringing up life is about the self? I'll tell you why.

All our lives, we feel we've lived for utterly pointless reasons: Our happiness, our small hobbies or maybe that favourite job we have just never really adds up to anything significant the more we feel we have to be obligated to serve the world at large?

The new age communitity tells us we have to be activists for the world, our parents tell us we should have jobs and get children and far more: That's great. No really, that's great, but if you aren't enjoying yourself, with a small hobby you never really think about that won't pay the bills, life does seem like A LIE.

I'm saying, we never stop to think for one moment that we all love something, we're all passionate about something wether it's an interest; we often are depressed, feel life is pointless; are in despair because of the way we feel we have to obligate our lives to the bigger picture, status, prestige, friendships, families. Depression comes from the belief that what we do is never enough: Who we are is never enough.

I'm asking you: Can you be happy thinking that you've already lived life with that small hobby no one pays attention to or does? Can you think for one minute, from the day you were just a child, you've already lived, you're already always doing what you love to do? Your spiritual growth has already come to past and wether you died tomorrow or you should stop feeling depressed because you never had to obligate yourself to this planet you were meant to be living on?

I mean as long as we live on this earth we feel our idea of fun is scrutinized, we feel who we are has to pay something: ALL THE TIME. I'm not saying bills, but I'm saying, can't the whole world's sadness stop for one moment in the event they had that one hobby, that one favourite subject they studied; WHEN WE ACTUALLY EMPOWER OURSELVES, our happiness empowers others?

But it is about us. Yes I'm telling you the secret if you're still reading you'll never hear or be told. Our individual happiness, gives out a light to inspire other people to try and be happy we're happy. What if I told you life is really just about spiritual growth, all the way through; kids, children and families and friends are just along for the ride? But most importantly, when we die or when we think of despair, we shouldn't be focusing on the world outside, we should be empowering the world INSIDE.

Of course you have a responsibility to your children! But the word is CO-INDEPENDENCE, not the IN, not copendecy, we have much to be thankful for surely, but for one minute, we could be happy, even though we have those small books we read, that guitar or little bits we do in our spare time, we've already lived our lives, we're already living them out: We shouldn't mistake responsibility as the prime source for our survival!

But if you're one of those few who still want to serve others, I'm telling you, two people who're miserable are two dogs barking: The break up of marriages, friendships, ANYTHING, is based on this sole ideal we have been perpetuated with since the day we were born: WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, OTHERS HAVE TO COME FIRST; often this is totally to the loss of the self!

I'm saying, we're already living, life has already played out, you had a few bumps and scrapes a few disasters, but if you just had that small thing you did which you think is really small, but speaks more about you; I mean this, than any relationship that you will never be able to fully control or manage because you never were supposed to!

I'm saying we're always tied down to pleasing that relationship, that person is a soul or a individual figuring out life they can't give you all the answers! But most of all, if we just have that small hobby, we should think if we died tomorrow or got miserable: Our individual growth was all we needed to do, we were meant to walk our own paths; we get mad when others we think get in the way because we were meant to walk those individual spirit journeys! Yes life is a journey! A whole big learning curve! But if you're having fun, you're living!

Put yourselves first: If you want a better tomorrow; I mean seriously, just live, be happy, your joy will inspire others to be happy and go further.

~ Bradders

emily23

Oh and for the record love really IS all u need

Certainly is if youre dying
Is if youre ill
Is if youre in trouble
Is in many situations

Beatles and jesus and many others were right

And every time youre stressing must ask yourself what for? Its not worth it ever, not one iota

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Alot of us in our lives, fondly believe sometimes, that our lives are completely pointless. That we've never contributed anything, our parents nag at us for a job; theres all this contribution.

I'm even saying of the new age movement today: But no one tells you for one moment, one moment, that you've already did what you had to, all your life since you were a kid; you should be living and thinking of absolutely no regrets. Not one.

You should actually thinking you've died happy, because that mystery purpose in life? That special thing you had to do? You're doing it, RIGHT NOW.

If you can put it all together, the whole reason we're on this earth, is for individual growth, to develop and self actualize; especially of all: To have had fun. Why am I being so selfish? Why am I only bringing up life is about the self? I'll tell you why.

All our lives, we feel we've lived for utterly pointless reasons: Our happiness, our small hobbies or maybe that favourite job we have just never really adds up to anything significant the more we feel we have to be obligated to serve the world at large?

The new age communitity tells us we have to be activists for the world, our parents tell us we should have jobs and get children and far more: That's great. No really, that's great, but if you aren't enjoying yourself, with a small hobby you never really think about that won't pay the bills, life does seem like A LIE.

I'm saying, we never stop to think for one moment that we all love something, we're all passionate about something wether it's an interest; we often are depressed, feel life is pointless; are in despair because of the way we feel we have to obligate our lives to the bigger picture, status, prestige, friendships, families. Depression comes from the belief that what we do is never enough: Who we are is never enough.

I'm asking you: Can you be happy thinking that you've already lived life with that small hobby no one pays attention to or does? Can you think for one minute, from the day you were just a child, you've already lived, you're already always doing what you love to do? Your spiritual growth has already come to past and wether you died tomorrow or you should stop feeling depressed because you never had to obligate yourself to this planet you were meant to be living on?

I mean as long as we live on this earth we feel our idea of fun is scrutinized, we feel who we are has to pay something: ALL THE TIME. I'm not saying bills, but I'm saying, can't the whole world's sadness stop for one moment in the event they had that one hobby, that one favourite subject they studied; WHEN WE ACTUALLY EMPOWER OURSELVES, our happiness empowers others?

But it is about us. Yes I'm telling you the secret if you're still reading you'll never hear or be told. Our individual happiness, gives out a light to inspire other people to try and be happy we're happy. What if I told you life is really just about spiritual growth, all the way through; kids, children and families and friends are just along for the ride? But most importantly, when we die or when we think of despair, we shouldn't be focusing on the world outside, we should be empowering the world INSIDE.

Of course you have a responsibility to your children! But the word is CO-INDEPENDENCE, not the IN, not copendecy, we have much to be thankful for surely, but for one minute, we could be happy, even though we have those small books we read, that guitar or little bits we do in our spare time, we've already lived our lives, we're already living them out: We shouldn't mistake responsibility as the prime source for our survival!

But if you're one of those few who still want to serve others, I'm telling you, two people who're miserable are two dogs barking: The break up of marriages, friendships, ANYTHING, is based on this sole ideal we have been perpetuated with since the day we were born: WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, OTHERS HAVE TO COME FIRST; often this is totally to the loss of the self!

I'm saying, we're already living, life has already played out, you had a few bumps and scrapes a few disasters, but if you just had that small thing you did which you think is really small, but speaks more about you; I mean this, than any relationship that you will never be able to fully control or manage because you never were supposed to!

I'm saying we're always tied down to pleasing that relationship, that person is a soul or a individual figuring out life they can't give you all the answers! But most of all, if we just have that small hobby, we should think if we died tomorrow or got miserable: Our individual growth was all we needed to do, we were meant to walk our own paths; we get mad when others we think get in the way because we were meant to walk those individual spirit journeys! Yes life is a journey! A whole big learning curve! But if you're having fun, you're living!

Put yourselves first: If you want a better tomorrow; I mean seriously, just live, be happy, your joy will inspire others to be happy and go further.

~ Bradders

“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” :smile:
~ Dalai Lama XIV

“My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.”
~ Dalai Lama XIV

“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
~ Dalai Lama XIV, The Art of Happiness

JUPITERASC

“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” :smile:
~ Dalai Lama XIV, The Art of Happiness

“This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.”
~ Dalai Lama XIV, The Dalai Lama:
A Policy of Kindness: An Anthology of Writings By and About the Dalai Lama

“Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek.”
~ Dalai Lama XIV

JUPITERASC

“I believe compassion to be one of the few things we can practice that will bring immediate and long-term happiness to our lives.

I’m not talking about the short-term gratification of pleasures like sex, drugs or gambling

(though I’m not knocking them) :smile:

but something that will bring true and lasting happiness. The kind that sticks.”
~ Dalai Lama XIV

emily23

all good but some people cant be compassioned with...fact

And if everyone loved everyone the world would be perfect, thats never happened, neither will it imo because its not in the dna of human beings to just love unconditionally
In many ways its a preposterous idea

Tessie

Banned

And if everyone loved everyone the world would be perfect, thats never happened, neither will it imo because its not in the dna of human beings to just love unconditionally

No human is perfect. Love does not cost anything. So why do people not do it? Selfishness dressed up as righteousness.

emily23

No human is perfect. Love does not cost anything. So why do people not do it? Selfishness dressed up as righteousness.
are you saying we should love anyone no matter what? I surely hope not

We all know the religious and spiritual teachings but that shouldnt make us sacrificial mugs saying ok to abuse as a default...thats ridiculous at best

Tessie

Banned

We all know the religious and spiritual teachings but that shouldnt make us sacrificial mugs saying ok to abuse as a default...thats ridiculous at best

I did not say abuse was okay, did I?

Last edited:

emily23

no you didnt and I didnt mean to suggest you did, my question was really where does compassion end, ie no one seriously should expect people to be like Jesus personified...having said that, I bet he wouldnt stand for any serious shi t, sorry if i offended you

Ps like youre tag, fantastic!

JUPITERASC

fact ?????? for example????
And if everyone loved everyone the world would be perfect, thats never happened,

neither will it imo
because its not in the dna of human beings to just love unconditionally
and yet many human beings do love unconditionally
so that disproves that "its not in the dna of human beings"
:smile:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/02/billy-ray-harris-home_n_3855898.html

http://rt.com/usa/163112-california-homeless-returns-money/

preposterous?
Would be interested to view the "many ways its a preprosterous idea"

Love2Know

Im tottally burnt out and everyday I fight the urge to pack up and change countries. Sometimes the right now ***** but you suck it up for people you love and depend on you. You also have to be able to see the bigger picture beyond one's self.

JUPITERASC

......where does compassion end,
ie no one seriously should expect people to be like Jesus personified..
amazing that simple acts of compassion are considered as requiring a "Jesus personified" persona :smile:

furthermore
to ask
"where does compassion end"
is a counterproductive theme

no harm in being compassionate when possible

JUPITERASC

Im tottally burnt out and everyday I fight the urge to pack up and change countries.
there is no guarantee that circumstances would be improved by changing countries
Sometimes the right now ***** but you suck it up for people you love and depend on you.
keep in mind there's the comforting factor that everything changes
nothing is permanent
and so situations change over time

You also have to be able to see the bigger picture beyond one's self.
well said :smile:
images

Tessie

Banned

no you didnt and I didnt mean to suggest you did, my question was really where does compassion end, ie no one seriously should expect people to be like Jesus personified...having said that, I bet he wouldnt stand for any serious shi t, sorry if i offended you

Ps like youre tag, fantastic!

Thanks darling! ♥

Those who abuse are still imperfect humans like their victims. Statistically, the majority of abusers have undergone abuse themselves. If the victim needs rehabilitation then the abuser, who was once a victim, definately needs rehabilitation or the abuse will continue. Giving rehabilitation without compassion will not work. Yet witholding compassion in rehabilitation is abusive in itself. Fighting abuse with abuse makes only more abuse. We must work to rise above it. Behaviours are contagious.

We can take this back to the playground bully because the defining characteristic of people who harm is that they are weak. I do not love bad behaviour. But I am a loving person and I do not allow myself to take offence to anything. When I witness bad behaviour, I have full compassion for the perpetrator because I can see they have a problem which they perceive as too big for them that they are compelled to submit to it. Against it they are that weak, they allow the problem to run them into jail, into stealing, abuse, etc. If I could help them to be free from all that, I would. Compassion makes that possible.

Some people do not want to change or can't change and that is why they are incarcerated or not. We live in a cause-effect universe, above us, below us. There is no such thing as doing bad and getting away with it. My mind cannot conceive of what the next reincarnation will be like for deviants. I don't dwell on it. But at the same time I know I would not want to be in their shoes when the tables turn, as they will. It will not be pretty. I feel compassion for that soul. The funny thing is, when they reincarnate as a two legged blind dog, you might have compassion on them too. So why not now?

Psychological abuse, some could say, is the most dangerous because it has the power to brainwash an unsuspecting individual, hurt them considerably and take away their future freedom. But we are all capable and possibly guilty of psychological abuse (e.g., witholding, lying, shouting, swearing). People who have been only psychologically abused tend to report the same level of pain as someone who has been sexually abused, pain is subjective. My compassion and smile may have been offered to an abusive person today. I would not know. However, I am not going to harden my heart just because someone around me has a weakness. They are not my god.

Where does one draw the boundary? It depends on person and circumstance. However, being compassionate is not the same as being sacrificial. Being compassionate means to have empathy and pity for the state of that person whereas being sacrificial suggests allowing them to harm. If you allow someone to harm you continuously then you are effectively abusing yourself by allowing it to continue. Jesus' parable about turning the other cheek was about prohibiting abuse (please ask if you need an elaboration). Jesus came to free people from bondage not put them in to it. You can have compassion on abusive people from a distance, if necessary. It is vital you do not become embittered as that is the seed of evil, the downward route. Turn bitterness into compassion, the upward route. ♥

Tessie

Banned
Im tottally burnt out and everyday I fight the urge to pack up and change countries. Sometimes the right now ***** but you suck it up for people you love and depend on you. You also have to be able to see the bigger picture beyond one's self.

I am sorry you are going through a tough time. When I want to leave and think outwardly, I find it helps to focus inwardly by practicing gratitude. Tough times do not last. ♥

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

retinoid

I really liked this. Technically if you really enjoy having a cup of coffee and reading a few times a week then you are a success!