My beliefs on Astrology

Bradders

Astrology to me is the benefactor of the chart each representing core personality traits of what we've carried from past lifetimes, mixed in with lessons regarding this one.

Within the buddhist tomes they say you chose your body, your family, your communitity; everything else. To me the sun sign representing what we feel we need to acomplish to give meaning to our lives, the moon sign represents the core self or real self and the rising sign is the role we chose to play out in our family enviroment and eventually the world, our expression of our core self through the rising sign. This represents how we sought to treat others rather than some forced involuntary conditioning.

There are 7 year cycles that work throughout human life: They say you change every 7 years as your cells renew yourself but this also takes on a spiritual experience of lesson learning. I believe this is Saturn's work and energy. We were not creatures made to live in stable comfort but were made to evolve spiritually to connect with God and our higher self and spirit want, which is within the moon sign.

Venus does denote to me how we fall in love and treat our friendships and relationships, pluto I see how we move through each spiritual endeavour offered each day, challenging us to evolve.

I see squares and oppositions as the struggles met in order to meet with our higher self and who we truly are, presenting and integrating both our yin and yang qualities. I don't believe in past life karma, but I do believe that conflicts in the chart relate more to a more spiritual understanding of life when resolved. I'm not confident in a term such as 'evil'; because of my disagreement with the system we were born in, I see the structure of society as the problem rather than the individual populace of the planet where I can understand there is a cause for why we act the way they are; violence, war and strife was no human intention truly.

Mercury I believe is the mindstream I believe we've inherited from past life experiences to bring to this one. Mercury represents the flow of thought, thus the flow of thought and how it's seen I could say I believe maybe a clue of who or what the person may have did in the past.

Neptune and uranus represent the spark of consciousness we've chosen to integrate in this life. Uranus is the spark of activity to allow us to evolve, whilst neptune is our creative expression at work, as we're all creative beings, which we must learn to balance, push into integration and expression.

The houses I see as representing individual elements, the 12th house imo still represents karmic lessons to integrate but not so much karma, 11th house to me expresses how we're willing to mingle with our intimate bonds rather than something that just 'comes'. I don't believe so much in spontaneity as I do a choice or a individual expression of human beings, unique expressionate powerful creative beings who introverted and extroverted, who deep down I believe should be working more on what they'd want to receive as friendships and bonds and lifestyle by remaining true to it and also representing what they'd wanna see in the world/treating others the same no matter how unusual or unconventional.

Just some thoughts on how I see astrology! I believe in some sense of choice natally, progressively lessons and balances to express the higher self or real core nature ( aka the moon sign ) etc

Bradders

Well, I don't just trust astrology I go with many different things. I meditate, I'm actively involved and interested in enviromentalism and human nature and many other things.

I don't consider myself a conventional person more a free thinker. I choose to find my own answers and have them.

This is simply just my view mixed with astrology and several other thoughts. As I evolve spiritually, I come across many different definitions. I'm simply giving opinions of what I'd like to believe and think; then present them. Everyone has their own higher choices I believe.

On the 15th of april my moon sign changed to Sagittarius and through inner knowledge and self observation, I could feel the shift of my new aura unfolding for example, a sensual experience with my third eye chakra.

For example, I don't like to consider the sun sign the core personality, but what represents what gives meaning and want to that person; what the person would like to do with his life. With society everyday and early life experiences we're faced steadily with many challenges which force us to not operate true to our higher selves, but once resolved, the inner peace represents the ultimate happiness. Someone I would see with alot of trines also would be someone who I would see really needing to evolve or find himself in his contentness falling back into squares and oppositions due to having a mind bored and discontentment replacing gratitude and love with so much silence. Someone I also see true to his higher self is living in accordance with the steady development he'd like to make in his life.

A leo for example yes represents someone who wants attention, wants to show himself, but I don't see it materistically or financially I see it more as a spiritual operation of consciousness. He wants to show himself because inside, he has the spontaneity, the drama, he wants to entertain. It also doesn't mean he is liked anymore than any other sign, but it is likely he is likely to prove more entertaining or interested in dramatizing situations; seem the center of attention. Every sign has it's own individual traits each would be attracted to.

A Capricorn would be a sign seen as clever, motivating, critical, stern but a good teacher, a Pisces would be the good friend who feels a deep need to serve others, rather than a sign that just seems to fall into victimization over and over as if it were some negative 'fate'.

I deeply disbelieve in fatalism. I really believe each sign has truly beautiful traits that if looked truly upon are great but not all in society would appreciate them; every sign in his expression deserves as much respect as the other, whilst each operating in a individual consciousness and worthy of understanding they're still individuals and people will like and dislike them still for things, but still.

The sun sign would not represent the person, but more his life goals, his wants, his transformation and where he'd like to be in life. It represents his dreams; his core want.

Last edited:

Crystalpages

Hi Bradders,

Greetings!

I am a relatively new member on Astrologyweekly forum and have mostly been focussing my energies and time in the Vedic Astrology area which is my preferred area and concentration in the past few decades. I do have interest in other points of view in astrology as a broad divinatory tent as a very dear friend used to call it when we were co-moderators in the Astrology forum on the New Age Forum on Compuserve (prehistoric internet! ;-)). It was the most wonderful period in my life, some 20+ years ago.

I was drawn to your mention of 'fatalism'. I distinguish between "fatalism" and 'fatalistic thinking'! The former seems to imply that it is something REAL and concrete, almost akin to any of the many religions prevailing today or other *isms*! The latter highlights the perspectives that people as individuals, or as groups of like-minded people possess. I think neither has permanence! ;-)

Traditional divinatory crafts including astrology as practiced in India and now globally have often been seen superficially as 'fatalistic' and a choice phrase for that and even ancient western tropical pursuit has been somewhat disparagingly labeled as "Doom and Gloom School"! Somewhat hastily, I presume!

While some pronouncements made by eastern practitioners do sound to fit the bill, the fact remains that they also strongly advocate remedial procedures, albeit, at times, TOO STRONGLY :)

Be that as it may, to me it opens a possibility! Perhaps hidden in all those procedures etc, is a strong core of free-will and a freedom of choice, a volitional component! So, someone has acquired a bad set of cards (presumably due to past actions and the sanskrit word for ACTs is KARM(a)! A very popular term in english now, just as Pandit or Pundit is or Guru, etc.), but perhaps the mention of remedials even in the ancient scripts are pointing against fatalistic thinking? Though, one always has the choice to TRY or ignore advice! Interestingly, that is seen in the health care field too! The doctor says "do this" or 'don't do this!', but the patient ALWAYS has the final say and choice or in some cases the loved ones!

Anyways, it was rather interesting to read your posts and some other exchanges in this section, as well and I feel Grateful to life for having had this opportunity to read and share.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Well, I don't just trust astrology I go with many different things. I meditate, I'm actively involved and interested in enviromentalism and human nature and many other things.

I don't consider myself a conventional person more a free thinker. I choose to find my own answers and have them.

This is simply just my view mixed with astrology and several other thoughts. As I evolve spiritually, I come across many different definitions. I'm simply giving opinions of what I'd like to believe and think; then present them. Everyone has their own higher choices I believe.

On the 15th of april my moon sign changed to Sagittarius and through inner knowledge and self observation, I could feel the shift of my new aura unfolding for example, a sensual experience with my third eye chakra.

For example, I don't like to consider the sun sign the core personality, but what represents what gives meaning and want to that person; what the person would like to do with his life. With society everyday and early life experiences we're faced steadily with many challenges which force us to not operate true to our higher selves, but once resolved, the inner peace represents the ultimate happiness. Someone I would see with alot of trines also would be someone who I would see really needing to evolve or find himself in his contentness falling back into squares and oppositions due to having a mind bored and discontentment replacing gratitude and love with so much silence. Someone I also see true to his higher self is living in accordance with the steady development he'd like to make in his life.

A leo for example yes represents someone who wants attention, wants to show himself, but I don't see it materistically or financially I see it more as a spiritual operation of consciousness. He wants to show himself because inside, he has the spontaneity, the drama, he wants to entertain. It also doesn't mean he is liked anymore than any other sign, but it is likely he is likely to prove more entertaining or interested in dramatizing situations; seem the center of attention. Every sign has it's own individual traits each would be attracted to.

A Capricorn would be a sign seen as clever, motivating, critical, stern but a good teacher, a Pisces would be the good friend who feels a deep need to serve others, rather than a sign that just seems to fall into victimization over and over as if it were some negative 'fate'.

I deeply disbelieve in fatalism. I really believe each sign has truly beautiful traits that if looked truly upon are great but not all in society would appreciate them; every sign in his expression deserves as much respect as the other, whilst each operating in a individual consciousness and worthy of understanding they're still individuals and people will like and dislike them still for things, but still.

The sun sign would not represent the person, but more his life goals, his wants, his transformation and where he'd like to be in life. It represents his dreams; his core want.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I don't like to consider the sun sign the core personality, but what represents what gives meaning and want to that person; what the person would like to do with his life.

People have a tendency to make choices that are really based on what their life has given them, which is reflected in their natal charts. You have previously posted your chart at other times.

So...You have such a high friction Sun in your chart, which also has the greatest number of high friction relationships in your chart, that I'm not surprised at all that you don't consider it to be the core of your personality. You Sun does NOT really provide a lot of support despite the fact that it has a lot of power. So you feel it there, but it stands next to you and pokes at you with a sharp stick every time you try to do something with its energies.

Despite conventional astrology's one size fits all linear model methods, the reality is that every chart has a different central core, and for lots of people their Sun is not that core.

The Sun certainly isn't for me either.

Last edited: