Should I stay or go?

Cancer7

Account Closed
I've been doing volunteer work as a police officer for nearly two years. I love the job, and really want to continue volunteering. However, the department I volunteer at, is a nut house. There is no order, individuals arent doing there job, and some folks simply dont know how to do the job. If I leave, I'm afraid I wont be able to find another volunteer position any time soon. It took me nearly two years to get this position. Should I stay or go?

Attachments

• career.gif
    career.gif
    51.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Cancer7

Account Closed
Hi, I dont understand your response. Is the chart saying go (resign)? I have a full time job, but i work as a volunteer police officer on the weekend to keep my state police officer license active in case i ever decide to work full time as an officer. ive been at my current police department nearly two years, and ive grown to dislike the place.
Hi,
To go sure.. ist this volunteer work, or a regular job for you where you earn?

:)AQ7

aquarius7000

Hi,

You = Mars as ruler of the Asc
Job = Mer as the ruler of the job

I feel we should take the 10th house for volunteer work. Mars is in its fall in Taurus , which shows your fear and dissatisfaction. Moon will square Mars soon, which points at either some disagreement, or even that you may leave and move ahead.

If I look at the 11th house, due to its connection with humanitarian work, and, volunteer work often falls in that bracket, there is no connection between Mars and Venus, or Mars and Venus.

Personally, I would suggest that you might want to look around to do something else, and then quit here. This may benefit in two ways: you, as you will then have work, and the community that they do not have to miss out on your volunteering. However, this is obviously your decision, as we do not know or feel the extent of the problem.

I did this post w/o reading your previous post.

Cancer7

Account Closed
My plan was to find another police department to volunteer at on the weekends. I'm afraid I wont get a position, because of my low credit score. In the USA jobs check your credit now.:sick: I will give it a try. There is a department near my home that I would like to volunteer at on weekends. I'm very satisfied with my fulltime job during the week.

Hi,

You = Mars as ruler of the Asc
Job = Mer as the ruler of the job

I feel we should take the 10th house for volunteer work. Mars is in its fall in Taurus , which shows your fear and dissatisfaction. Moon will square Mars soon, which points at either some disagreement, or even that you may leave and move ahead.

If I look at the 11th house, due to its connection with humanitarian work, and, volunteer work often falls in that bracket, there is no connection between Mars and Venus, or Mars and Venus.

Personally, I would suggest that you might want to look around to do something else, and then quit here. This may benefit in two ways: you, as you will then have work, and the community that they do not have to miss out on your volunteering. However, this is obviously your decision, as we do not know or feel the extent of the problem.

I did this post w/o reading your previous post.

Cancer7

Account Closed
Should I resign June 30?

I'm considering resigning June 30, would this be a positive move? I've attached a new chart for the question.

Attachments

• job.gif
    job.gif
    51.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

starstudent33

I think you should leave between May 25 and June 13th. If you leave then, you'll

have a sense of relief and moving towards better fortune. (Mercury, ruler of you

and your career, emerges from under the sunbeams and moves toward Venus, fortunate,

ruler of your needs and your finances. Sun=12th ruler=your volunteer job). By June

24th, you may have a sense of urgency about leaving so you can make some important

changes. (Mercury slows down to station retrograde in Cancer). If you wait until

June 30th to resign, you will already be in a state of discord at your job.

(Mercury retrograde = discord).

You don't need to worry about damage caused by your credit score. It's not going to

affect your career. (Mars, malefic, 8th ruler=your credit score, causes fear but

does not behold the ascendant).

aquarius7000

Hi,

You = Merc- via the Asc, and the Moon- as your co-sig
Job = Merc- via the 10th house

Since both the job and you are signified by Merc, and Merc is in its own sign, Merc (both) are strong. Due to the same planet signfying both, I will take the Moon to signify you. It, however, also remains the engine of the chart. As you can see, the Moon is on the Asc, hence it will be your call. You leave if you want to, which is something positive. The Moon is aspecting Merc (job) in a square (frustration). I do think you will leave, and this can be anywhere between 2 weeks and 2 months. However, given that the Moon is not essentially dignified in Virgo and the aspect is that of a square, I do think that it will not be all that pleasant. However, it will get you your peace of mind, and that is important. Interestingly enough, I do not know if you were elsewhere earlier on, or at least had spoken to someone jobwise, where you could return. I am looking at the Moon sextiling (hence transferring light of) Saturn (natural sig of jobs) right after its square to Merc is done. Saturn is rx, so some known police station/officer from earlier on you may be getting in touch with. That could be another month after resigning here.

I have stuck to the 10th house, as the 12th house is the house of slavery, and volunteer work is just the opposite, as the meanings of the two words suggest.

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi,

I have stuck to the 10th house, as the 12th house is the house of slavery, and volunteer work is just the opposite, as the meanings of the two words suggest.

Thanks to both starstudent and AQ for their interpretations.

AQ, I appreciate your final comment, as I was pondering the horary question. The references I looked at suggested that volunteer work was the domain of the 6th house, as you suggest. So I wonder what you think of using the 6th house in this matter.

But what is more on my mind is the 6th vs the 10th for jobs in general. The more I read, it seems the 6th house refers to jobs where you work for someone else, sell your labor to them, versus the 10th, where you would perhaps have a business of your own, work for yourself, be beholding to no one else.

Do either of you or other members of the forum have an opinion about using the 6th vs the 10th to signify a job, working for someone else?

Thank you.

aquarius7000

Hi,
...So I wonder what you think of using the 6th house in this matter.

But what is more on my mind is the 6th vs the 10th for jobs in general. The more I read, it seems the 6th house refers to jobs where you work for someone else, sell your labor to them, versus the 10th, where you would perhaps have a business of your own, work for yourself, be beholding to no one else.

Do either of you or other members of the forum have an opinion about using the 6th vs the 10th to signify a job, working for someone else?
When I allocated the houses, I also consideed the 6th for a minute. However, the 6th is labour, whilst the 12th is bonded labour- in the sense of slavery. The 6th, however, is when you serve the master, only you get something in return. Still you are under him in a menial way. It is, silly as this may sound, the house of petty/menial/lowly work (literally the cleaner woman, or the garbage-collecting man). In a chart pulled by you, the 6th house would be all those serving you - servitude, so if you had a cook or a cleaning woman, they are your employees. However, if that cleaning woman pulled a chart, and asked if she would be cleaning someone else's place soon, we would look at her 10th.

The 10th, on the other hand, is the house of employment (in every sense, not just if your own the company), career, profession. There too we have a boss or a head, and work for someone else.

If at all, the main contest in my head was to consider the 11th, which leans towards doing good to society, helping society, so volunteering being essentially that, the 11th could fit. The problem there is that this is the new/modern meaning of the 11th house. Horary being traditional, I cannot think of another house, but the 10th to signify all kinds of jobs.

Cancer7

Account Closed
Thanks everyone for the feedback. AQ7, your the best. Prior to working at this department, I worked at another police department for 6 years, but I held a different position. I plan and have thought about returning to that department as a volunteer officer. I will do so.

I still may leave my resignation date June 30. There are some free classes I want to take advantage of before I leave.
Hi,

You = Merc- via the Asc, and the Moon- as your co-sig
Job = Merc- via the 10th house

Since both the job and you are signified by Merc, and Merc is in its own sign, Merc (both) are strong. Due to the same planet signfying both, I will take the Moon to signify you. It, however, also remains the engine of the chart. As you can see, the Moon is on the Asc, hence it will be your call. You leave if you want to, which is something positive. The Moon is aspecting Merc (job) in a square (frustration). I do think you will leave, and this can be anywhere between 2 weeks and 2 months. However, given that the Moon is not essentially dignified in Virgo and the aspect is that of a square, I do think that it will not be all that pleasant. However, it will get you your peace of mind, and that is important. Interestingly enough, I do not know if you were elsewhere earlier on, or at least had spoken to someone jobwise, where you could return. I am looking at the Moon sextiling (hence transferring light of) Saturn (natural sig of jobs) right after its square to Merc is done. Saturn is rx, so some known police station/officer from earlier on you may be getting in touch with. That could be another month after resigning here.

Cancer7

Account Closed
After a crazied morning of discussing my position there, I informed them that June 30th will be my last day!!! I will turn in a two weeks notice soon! I will apply to do my duties else where!!!

Cancer7

Account Closed
Why have my feelings changed about this place?
altho I know I will leave this year, I'm not sure if I'm ready to do so just yet. most of all, I think I will miss my coworkers. one coworker is trying to get me to postpone my resignation. the agency is ******, but I will miss the work and people. I'm considering postponing my resignation.

astro_w2gw_01_cancer7_hp.48356.15525.gif

aquarius7000

Hi,

The question is not clear enough. You have to ask a straightforward question like, will I stay on; or will I leave in the next few questions.

Cancer7

Account Closed
Thanks. I've been having bitter/sweet feelings about this. I know I will eventually go, but not sure if I'm ready just yet. Coworkers want me to stay, and I became sad when packing my uniforms. I work tonight, looking forward to going in. I love the job and the people, but the agency it self *****.
Hi,

The question is not clear enough. You have to ask a straightforward question like, will I stay on; or will I leave in the next few questions.

BobZemco

I've been doing volunteer work as a police officer for nearly two years. I love the job, and really want to continue volunteering.

I didn't bother to check if the Chart is Radical....no point in it. I'll tell you what I see.....

The 10th Sign in the Chart is what?

Leo.

Who rules Leo? Sun.

Doesn't the 10th House/Sign, among things, represent government, and doesn't Sun signify government, authorities, leaders etc?

Isn't the 11th House/Sign those things that support government, or support employers or aid in your reputation and standing, and doesn't it also signify community?

So....we have the Sun/Mayor/Village and we have the PD -- represented by Mercury -- subordinate to Sun/Mayor/Village.

Everyone understand why there's no point in seeing if the Chart is Radical?

Let's move on...

However, the department I volunteer at, is a nut house. There is no order, individuals arent doing there job, and some folks simply dont know how to do the job.

You didn't have to say the Department was in chaos....Mercury Combust at 2° Gemini --- a Pitted Degree --- is chaos.

What is the cause of the chaos? Sun...mayor, city council, village elders, whatever.

Granted, Mercury is moving to Escape combustion, but then, uh, Mercury is never more than 28° distant from Sun, so, uh, looks like Mayor & Co have the Department on a leash.

If I leave, I'm afraid I wont be able to find another volunteer position any time soon. It took me nearly two years to get this position. Should I stay or go?

The Ascendant is late...you already know the answer to question, so why are you delaying?

Well, let's see...Mars Escaping combustion..check...Mars in Detriment in Taurus....Check...Mars in 1st Station.....check....no doubt you're terribly confused and don't know what to do.

Should I stay or go?

Go. There are changes coming, as Mercury goes retrograde near the end of June, Jupiter changes Signs at the end of June and Mars is going to change Signs twice into Gemini then Cancer and conjunct Jupiter.