Princess Diana Bulimia in Birth Chart Interpretation, Eating disorder question

What in Princess Diana’s birth chart indicated she would struggle with Bulimia? I have read that some say it’s Moon square venus which she has. I also was wondering if it could be that Saturn was in her first house? She has no planets in her 6th house. There’s so much to take away from her chart I’m just wondering what specifically points to her struggles with her ED. Especially considering it began when her relationship with Prince Charles did.

I ask because I think when tackling important questions such as eating disorders, addictions, and depression, it is so valuable and necessary to look at famous peoples known birth charts who struggled with these things. The better we understand where it originates the more we might seek to help offset those difficult aspects or natal placements. Would love all insight. Thank you!

Cary2

Banned
Prior to this, I have not researched this topic, so I checked Princess Diana's chart, Karen Carpenter's chart, and the chart offerred by a member of this site, spankingmachine from the eating disorder thread, https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111825&highlight=bulimia

I use midpoint pictures in my work a great deal.

Diana had Ascendant square to Saturn/Neptune midpoint. This is significant not only for the Ascendant, but for the Saturn/Neptune involvement. Saturn/Neptune can indicate physical illness as well as "introspective sufferring" illnesses.

Karen Carpenter also had Ascendant square to Saturn/Neptune midpoint.

spankingmachine has Neptune at the midpoint of Saturn/Ascendant.

These are Ascendant/Saturn/Neptune pictures, to use the cosmobiological term.

This does not make for proof of concept, but it is a start that looks promising.

Saturn/Neptune also has a tendency to self-denial behaviors.

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
On another thread about eating disorder, Fiona offers her chart which I calculated. She has MC opposite the Saturn/Neptune midpoint.

Thank you so much!

Prior to this, I have not researched this topic, so I checked Princess Diana's chart, Karen Carpenter's chart, and the chart offerred by a member of this site, spankingmachine from the eating disorder thread, https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111825&highlight=bulimia

I use midpoint pictures in my work a great deal.

Diana had Ascendant square to Saturn/Neptune midpoint. This is significant not only for the Ascendant, but for the Saturn/Neptune involvement. Saturn/Neptune can indicate physical illness as well as "introspective sufferring" illnesses.

Karen Carpenter also had Ascendant square to Saturn/Neptune midpoint.

spankingmachine has Neptune at the midpoint of Saturn/Ascendant.

These are Ascendant/Saturn/Neptune pictures, to use the cosmobiological term.

This does not make for proof of concept, but it is a start that looks promising.

Saturn/Neptune also has a tendency to self-denial behaviors.

PlutorisingLee

I just thought about it the other day...

Astrology sometimes can be kept simple. Eating disorder vary and often future hard aspects to the Moon and the Virgo/Pisces axis.

Princess Diana has Bulimia which would make me look at Jupiter.
Anorexia would make me look at Saturn.

Diana had Moon and Jupiter in Aquarius is square Neptune= escapism from social pressures (Aquarius=society and royalty).

Venus in Taurus over-indulges in food when in stress.

Saturn ruler of Aquarius is in Capricorn square said Neptune= restriction and self-punishment of the super-ego that is also a DRUG.

Bulimia is a addiction.
Eating disorders are addictive in that they produce endorphins and offer an escape.

Knowing that I would vote for the above mentioned aspects showing Bulimia.

People are complex and of course when we really study her chart we can see what caused her stress.

p.s I would also add her Chiron was in Pisces.

Cary2

Banned
I admit that people are complicated, but I know that astrology works, so if I analyze a pool of example charts within a category and I find some repeating patterns, those are some of the most reliable signatures in astrology. Without such research, it is only speculation.

waybread

I'd have to construct her chart to see if Diana had this, but I believe Ceres square Pluto is an indicator of bulimia. Ceres square Saturn is supposedly an indicator of anorexia.