Scorpio Sun sq Aquarius MC

aniyas

Hello! :)

I've been trying to find information on this particular aspect, but the word 'sun' is too short for the search feature. Anyone here that can help me interpret this aspect, however briefly?

Sun in the 6th, by the way. And I figure the MC would be in Pisces, not Aqua, with the equal house system.

Chart: https://ibb.co/f1oZKz

besitos

i think it might help to just think of the signs being square and what conflicts those two signs might have.

what comes to mind right now, is your sun/being values going deep into things, whereas an aquarius is forward thinking and may want to rush ahead. Maybe you would be affected by things internally that you have had to move ahead from publicly - i have scorpio moon and that happens with me.

Frisiangal

Hello! :)

Sun in the 6th, by the way. And I figure the MC would be in Pisces, not Aqua, with the equal house system.

Whichever house system is used, M.C degree always remains the same (Sun position at midday on day of birth). Using Equal House system, M.C.does not equate with M.C. as beginning of 10th house. All houses begin on the same degree as Ascendant and 10th house is simply 10 houses further.
M.C. can be anywhere between the 8th to 11th houses.

Depends upon system used and house rulerships as how to interpret Sun square M.C. :smile:

aniyas

Besitos: Interesting - especially having to move on publicly! I'm not sure how that would tie into the 6th / 10th houses but it does hold true for me. And I think a Scorpio moon is just one of the coolest placements (although it doesn't sound like an easy time, lol.) Thanks for answering.

aniyas

Whichever house system is used, M.C degree always remains the same (Sun position at midday on day of birth). Using Equal House system, M.C.does not equate with M.C. as beginning of 10th house. All houses begin on the same degree as Ascendant and 10th house is simply 10 houses further.
M.C. can be anywhere between the 8th to 11th houses.

Depends upon system used and house rulerships as how to interpret Sun square M.C. :smile:

Oh thank you so much! I was confused because I've gotten a couple of career-related interpretations that have only involved Pisces, so I assumed it was something to do with the system.

Could you help me understand the interpretive difference between the midheaven and the tenth? They sound pretty similar glacially.

Frisiangal

I was confused because I've gotten a couple of career-related interpretations that have only involved Pisces, so I assumed it was something to do with the system.

Looking at your place of birth is it possible that you may have had readings through Eastern astrology that, generally, uses a different method system and approach towards interpretation?

Could you help me understand the interpretive difference between the midheaven and the tenth? They sound pretty similar glacially

I do not work with the Equal House system, so have acquired no mindset as to how it is used regarding interpretation. I spent a while googling for interpretations of the meaning of Equal House M.C. and there was surprisingly little that differed from meanings given for the 10th house. I can't get my head around this because an Equal House M.C. in a house near but not in the 10th house should have a different explanation. The angles of a chart are said to be more important than other house divisions.

Maybe it could have something to do with how one one's societal status
is regarded and/or seen in/through the direction of (any) outer career (10th house), as compared to how an individual would perceive the 'personal meaning direction' of life , as per Equal House M.C. position in other houses.

aniyas

Looking at your place of birth is it possible that you may have had readings through Eastern astrology that, generally, uses a different method system and approach towards interpretation?

Nope, just referring to readings on this forum and the Astrodienst forum. But I suppose they were specifically referring to the sign on the 10th house.

I do not work with the Equal House system, so have acquired no mindset as to how it is used regarding interpretation. I spent a while googling for interpretations of the meaning of Equal House M.C. and there was surprisingly little that differed from meanings given for the 10th house. I can't get my head around this because an Equal House M.C. in a house near but not in the 10th house should have a different explanation. The angles of a chart are said to be more important than other house divisions.

Maybe it could have something to do with how one one's societal status
is regarded and/or seen in/through the direction of (any) outer career (10th house), as compared to how an individual would perceive the 'personal meaning direction' of life , as per Equal House M.C. position in other houses.

Thank you so much for taking out the time to investigate! That's really kind of you, and your interpretation makes sense.
This is what I found elsewhere for 9th / 11th house MC placements:
For example, if someone has a chart where their MC is in the 9th whole sign house then we would see career significations being mixed in with the 9th house significations, thus possibly leading to a work in a foreign country, or work as an astrologer, a philosopher, a religious figure, etc.

If the MC fell in the 11th house we would see the career being more closely aligned with friends, social movements, etc. The same is true of the IC when it falls in other whole sign houses, except that its significations pertain to the parents and the family.

Apparently the idea is to 'blend career significations' with the properties of whatever house it's in, although I like the idea of the MC simply being a point of concentrated self-mastery.

Frisiangal

This is what I found elsewhere for 9th / 11th house MC placements:
For example, ………………..

Apparently the idea is to 'blend career significations' with the properties of whatever house it's in, although I like the idea of the MC simply being a point of concentrated self-mastery.

The example referred to the Whole Sign system which, yet again, gives an entirely different context to planetary patterns than Equal House.and other house systems.

I often wonder how much 'suggestion' plays a part in the mind's self analysis. If an individual accepts and 'fits' a given explanation of planet/sign to itself, without questioning if it really is so.
E.g. Whole Sign would take your natal Pluto out of the (Placidus/Equal House) 6th house and interpret it as being in the 7th!
Yet Equal House only takes natal Mercury out of the 6th house and places it in the 5th house conjunct 6th house conjunct.

How does an individual judge the validity of each system's positions regarding their traits? Especially in aspects to/from sign rulers, which could produce different realms of influence? Can all 'fit' the complexity of human nature?:andy::smile:

Last edited: