Sun signs the child. Rising signs the adult?

Mikehtc13

Many blessings to you allšŸ™. A question came up in another forum that got me thinking...

1:What is your sun and rising sign?
2:you think sun signs are learning how to be what rising signs are? In other words rising signs feel almost as if they are activating without our awareness. However sun signs seem to be on a journey of completion; raising their vibration (which, I guess is why I've heard that our sun signs generally take over in the later part of our journey)?
3:You think our sun signs learn from our risings signs how to better become more centered/higher level?
4: does having the same sun sign as your rising sign make your sun sign mature faster? Is the separation between the two smaller?

I'm curious to hear your perspectivesšŸ˜‰

Jadi

Many blessings to you all��. A question came up in another forum that got me thinking...

1:What is your sun and rising sign?
2:you think sun signs are learning how to be what rising signs are? In other words rising signs feel almost as if they are activating without our awareness. However sun signs seem to be on a journey of completion; raising their vibration (which, I guess is why I've heard that our sun signs generally take over in the later part of our journey)?
3:You think our sun signs learn from our risings signs how to better become more centered/higher level?
4: does having the same sun sign as your rising sign make your sun sign mature faster? Is the separation between the two smaller?

I'm curious to hear your perspectives��

1. Sun in Virgo, Asc in Aquarius.
2. No. I think the two function at completely different/seperate levels. The asc is more focused on projection of the self on the physical plane whereas the Sun sign on a developmental/somewhat spiritual plane, it indicates your personal growth.
3. No, they are completely seperate. Sun, Moon, Asc all explain different aspects of your personality or what you may call it. Asc is the physical body, the physical image you project into the world, Moon is the ego-consciousness that gets attached to the physical plane and then you need the Sun sign to get where you need to go, it's your Soul so to speak.
4. This could mean that it comes more natural to you to move into the energy needed for the Sun but they would not be interconnected. All have their own part to play in the scheme of things.

Obviously this is just my opinion.

Mikehtc13

1. Sun in Virgo, Asc in Aquarius.
2. No. I think the two function at completely different/seperate levels. The asc is more focused on projection of the self on the physical plane whereas the Sun sign on a developmental/somewhat spiritual plane, it indicates your personal growth.
3. No, they are completely seperate. Sun, Moon, Asc all explain different aspects of your personality or what you may call it. Asc is the physical body, the physical image you project into the world, Moon is the ego-consciousness that gets attached to the physical plane and then you need the Sun sign to get where you need to go, it's your Soul so to speak.
4. This could mean that it comes more natural to you to move into the energy needed for the Sun but they would not be interconnected. All have their own part to play in the scheme of things.

Obviously this is just my opinion.

Thanks for responding! I completely understand where your coming from.
1: I heard that in antiquity the moon and rising sign was more of our soul. What do you think about that?
2: is it possible our souls are not one sign but instead the culmination of all the energies in the chart that we facilitate on this plain?
3: I hear another interesting interpretation on the 1st house; "the 1st is the seat of consciousness (Mercury) as well as the body acts as a barrier/container between the individuality and the world (Saturn)". What do you think of this?

Cupid Arrow

Thanks for responding! I completely understand where your coming from.
1: I heard that in antiquity the moon and rising sign was more of our soul. What do you think about that?
2: is it possible our souls are not one sign but instead the culmination of all the energies in the chart that we facilitate on this plain?
3: I hear another interesting interpretation on the 1st house; "the 1st is the seat of consciousness (Mercury) as well as the body acts as a barrier/container between the individuality and the world (Saturn)". What do you think of this?

Where did you read this at?

waybread

No, there is no astrological basis for this.

The rising sign and first house indicates your body and outward personality.

The sun indicates your identity or core sense of self. In some situations it might be one's father or political ruler.

If you have ever had children, you know that they come into life packed with both .

Astrology does have a planetary scheme for different ages of human life. These were well known even to non-astrologers. See if you can detect them in the famous "All the world's a stage" passage from Shakespeare's play, As You Like It.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_the_world's_a_stage

If anything the child is the moon and Mercury.

david starling

No, there is no astrological basis for this.

The rising sign and first house indicates your body and outward personality.

The sun indicates your identity or core sense of self. In some situations it might be one's father or political ruler.

If you have ever had children, you know that they come into life packed with both .

Interesting! I see it reversed: Ascendant inward, Sun and Midheaven outward. No right or wrong implied, just a different angle of view. :joyful:

Last edited:

katydid

:moon: I have always thought that babies and toddlers are acting through their Moons. They are basically dependent upon their Mothers/reactive and emotional.

:mercury: Around kindergarten they develop their 'mercury' energy. And during elementary school age the native is learning how to 'learn'-how to communicate, read, write, socialize, express themselves.

:venus: :mars: In middleschool, Mars/Venus energy kicks in. Adolescence takes over the rational mercurial responses and moodiness/intensity/hormonal urges begin to rage.

:sun: :sideways:In high School, one's core identity and sense of one's true self begins to be fully realized. If all is going well, ...

OldChicken

As an adult you get the colours of your progressed Ascendant, your progressed Sun sign.

In my opinion, the Ascendant is mostly the way we present us in the world. The way the others see us. And the way we see the world.

david starling

As an adult you get the colours of your progressed Ascendant, your progressed Sun sign.

In my opinion, the Ascendant is mostly the way we present us in the world. The way the others see us. And the way we see the world.

The Asc, in this pattern, is about how one sees oneself, and one's personal world-view as an individual. The Midheaven, also personal, is about social world-view, and how one presents oneself to others. We're using the same terms! I'm just including the Midheaven along with the Ascendant, and separating "individual" from "social".

Last edited: