12th House Struggles? Is it real?

Can someone help me make sense of my 12th house planets? I have moon, mercury and mars in pisces in the 12th. I don’t know if I should stop believing in astrology... I’ve been getting signs but I also have OCD so i don’t even know if i’m just connecting dots that are not even there. I just recently realized what 12th house actually means when i studied charts of celebrities with 12th house mercuries,, Marina Diamandis, Avril Lavigne, check astrotheme. Watched all their recent interviews and all went through sh**, when they came back... their music downgraded (i mean that’s what their fans said??? im not a fan). Marina said something about losing her ego and focusing less on making the perfect music and enjoying the process (her album: love + fear). I then went on to pull some cards for myself and i got cards that affirmed what I read about the 12th house. I’ve also been getting what I perceived to be signs since high school. I thought seeing 1:11, 10:11, 11:01 and 11:10 on the clock means my dreams are being supported by the universe. Lately I’ve been seeing them a lot. So I had to look up what they mean and it says something about “Spiritual awakening”. So I found out about the stages of spiritual awakening from googling and reddit. One, having OCD or any types of sufferinh, two, muscle twitches, three, losing interests in things that a person used to enjoy (I’ve had anhedonia from mistakenly taking ADs and APs and I’m nowhere near my normal self), four, denial (which if i’m to believe it, this is where I’m at).

I’ve always thought 12th house meant that transcending state you feel from listening to music or making art, imagination, being compassionate which I thought I already was before but I also want to be a good artist, I had plans. I just can’t accept having to lose my ego... can’t we achieve things in the world like normal people can? As an artist, I feel like there should be a balance between ego and a higher purpose. The ego for making great art, if one loses his/her identity, likes/dislikes, self esteem, what else is there to express? Without ambition how are we gonna live like normal people? What about our dreams? Do we even have free will or are we doomed to receive signs that we don’t want until we die? ._. If we ignore these signs are we gonna suffer? I keep imagining myself as a monk/nun/just someone who lives humbly just meditating in isolation, purging my desires and I just can’t... but I’ve seen things that are hard to un-know that it might turn into a self fulfilling prophecy. I’ve that its something that we can’t ignore and if we try we’ll have anxiety disorders, or psychosis which I feel like I’m in the early stages of, I haven’t slept for 5 days and I feel like it’s because I’m not accepting it. I feel very helpless, and I’ve stopped trying to recover my brain for this same reason because what’s the point if 12th house is all about losses you can’t get back? Is this all true? Or should I just see a psychologist? My uncle studies psychology and he keeps debunking these things for me but there’s this looming fear that maybe I’m on the wrong path and I will be faced with more struggles... but I really really really love art. Are there any 12th house people (especially mercuries in here) who can help me? Thank you in advance. Will post my placements down

Sun 17°33' Aquarius
Moon 4°42' Pisces
Mercury 2°49' Pisces
Venus 16°15' Capricorn
Mars 26°11' Pisces
Jupiter 28°47' Aries
Saturn 10°54' Taurus
Uranus 16°51' Aquarius
Neptune 4°34' Aquarius
Pluto 12°30' Sagittarius
Chiron 15°12' Sagittarius
Ceres 8°35' Я Libra
Pallas 2°59' Я Leo
Juno 21°37' Capricorn
Vesta 24°27' Sagittarius
Node 3°43' Я Leo
Lilith 0°53' Capricorn
Fortune 20°10' Aries
AS 3°00' Aries
MC 2°15' Capricorn

Sun House 11
Moon House 12
Mercury House 12
Venus House 10
Mars House 12
Jupiter House 1
Saturn House 2
Uranus House 11
Neptune House 11
Pluto House 9
Chiron House 9
Ceres House 7
Pallas House 5
Juno House 10
Vesta House 9
Node House 5
Lilith House 10
Fortune House 1

House 1 3°00' Aries
House 2 7°17' Taurus
House 3 6°17' Gemini
House 4 2°15' Cancer
House 5 28°27' Cancer
House 6 28°07' Leo
House 7 3°00' Libra
House 8 7°17' Scorpio
House 9 6°17' Sagittarius
House 10 2°15' Capricorn
House 11 28°27' Capricorn
House 12 28°07' Aquarius

Sun Conjunction Uranus Orb 0°42'
Moon Conjunction Mercury Orb 1°53'
Mars Conjunction AS Orb 6°49'
Jupiter Square Neptune Orb 5°46'
Saturn Square Uranus Orb 5°56'
Mars Square MC Orb 6°04'
Saturn Square Neptune Orb 6°20'
Sun Square Saturn Orb 6°38'
Moon Square Pluto Orb 7°48'
Jupiter Trine MC Orb 3°27'
Venus Trine Saturn Orb 5°20'
Mercury Sextile MC Orb 0°34'
Neptune Sextile AS Orb 1°33'
Moon Sextile MC Orb 2°27'
Mercury Sextile Jupiter Orb 4°01'
Uranus Sextile Pluto Orb 4°20'
Sun Sextile Pluto Orb 5°02'
Moon Sextile Jupiter Orb 5°55'
Moon Sextile Saturn Orb 6°12'
Saturn Inconjunction Pluto Orb 1°35'
Mars SemiSquare Saturn Orb 0°16'
Sun SemiSquare MC Orb 0°18'
Uranus SemiSquare MC Orb 0°24'
Sun SemiSquare AS Orb 0°27'
Uranus SemiSquare AS Orb 1°09'
Jupiter SesquiQuadrate Pluto Orb 1°16'
Jupiter Quintile Uranus Orb 0°03'
Sun Quintile Jupiter Orb 0°45'
Moon SemiSextile Neptune Orb 0°08'
Mercury SemiSextile AS Orb 0°11'
Venus SemiSextile Uranus Orb 0°35'
Sun SemiSextile Venus Orb 1°18'
Moon SemiSextile AS Orb 1°41'

(Copied this from astrotheme, still in my phone, dk if it’s gonna come off a mess in yall’s laptop screens, but heres my birth info in case: Feb 7, 2000, Valenzuela, Philippines, 9:00am exact) thank u ~

[please either upload a chart or upload a chart to a link site and provide the link - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

katydid

Get some sleep. 12th House is the realm of dreams and magical thoughts and artistic powers. None of that is possible without some deeply fulfilling hours of SLEEP.

DREAM and SLEEP. Your answers will come to you in the night, as you sleep.

JUPITERASC

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile:

12th house significations = captivity, imprisonment
persecution

...places that are denied access to public view
particularly those concerned with seclusion

or isolation

or where one is restricted from living a carefree life-style

such as
institutions

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h12.html

Can someone help me make sense of my 12th house planets? I have moon, mercury and mars in pisces in the 12th. I don’t know if I should stop believing in astrology... I’ve been getting signs but I also have OCD so i don’t even know if i’m just connecting dots that are not even there. I just recently realized what 12th house actually means when i studied charts of celebrities with 12th house mercuries,, Marina Diamandis, Avril Lavigne, check astrotheme. Watched all their recent interviews and all went through sh**, when they came back... their music downgraded (i mean that’s what their fans said??? im not a fan). Marina said something about losing her ego and focusing less on making the perfect music and enjoying the process (her album: love + fear). I then went on to pull some cards for myself and i got cards that affirmed what I read about the 12th house. I’ve also been getting what I perceived to be signs since high school. I thought seeing 1:11, 10:11, 11:01 and 11:10 on the clock means my dreams are being supported by the universe. Lately I’ve been seeing them a lot. So I had to look up what they mean and it says something about “Spiritual awakening”. So I found out about the stages of spiritual awakening from googling and reddit. One, having OCD or any types of sufferinh, two, muscle twitches, three, losing interests in things that a person used to enjoy (I’ve had anhedonia from mistakenly taking ADs and APs and I’m nowhere near my normal self), four, denial (which if i’m to believe it, this is where I’m at).

I’ve always thought 12th house meant that transcending state you feel from listening to music or making art, imagination, being compassionate which I thought I already was before but I also want to be a good artist, I had plans. I just can’t accept having to lose my ego... can’t we achieve things in the world like normal people can? As an artist, I feel like there should be a balance between ego and a higher purpose. The ego for making great art, if one loses his/her identity, likes/dislikes, self esteem, what else is there to express? Without ambition how are we gonna live like normal people? What about our dreams? Do we even have free will or are we doomed to receive signs that we don’t want until we die? ._. If we ignore these signs are we gonna suffer? I keep imagining myself as a monk/nun/just someone who lives humbly just meditating in isolation, purging my desires and I just can’t... but I’ve seen things that are hard to un-know that it might turn into a self fulfilling prophecy. I’ve that its something that we can’t ignore and if we try we’ll have anxiety disorders, or psychosis which I feel like I’m in the early stages of, I haven’t slept for 5 days and I feel like it’s because I’m not accepting it. I feel very helpless, and I’ve stopped trying to recover my brain for this same reason because what’s the point if 12th house is all about losses you can’t get back? Is this all true? Or should I just see a psychologist? My uncle studies psychology and he keeps debunking these things for me but there’s this looming fear that maybe I’m on the wrong path and I will be faced with more struggles... but I really really really love art. Are there any 12th house people (especially mercuries in here) who can help me? Thank you in advance. Will post my placements down

Sun 17°33' Aquarius
Moon 4°42' Pisces
Mercury 2°49' Pisces
Venus 16°15' Capricorn
Mars 26°11' Pisces
Jupiter 28°47' Aries
Saturn 10°54' Taurus
Uranus 16°51' Aquarius
Neptune 4°34' Aquarius
Pluto 12°30' Sagittarius
Chiron 15°12' Sagittarius
Ceres 8°35' Я Libra
Pallas 2°59' Я Leo
Juno 21°37' Capricorn
Vesta 24°27' Sagittarius
Node 3°43' Я Leo
Lilith 0°53' Capricorn
Fortune 20°10' Aries
AS 3°00' Aries
MC 2°15' Capricorn

Sun House 11
Moon House 12
Mercury House 12
Venus House 10
Mars House 12
Jupiter House 1
Saturn House 2
Uranus House 11
Neptune House 11
Pluto House 9
Chiron House 9
Ceres House 7
Pallas House 5
Juno House 10
Vesta House 9
Node House 5
Lilith House 10
Fortune House 1

House 1 3°00' Aries
House 2 7°17' Taurus
House 3 6°17' Gemini
House 4 2°15' Cancer
House 5 28°27' Cancer
House 6 28°07' Leo
House 7 3°00' Libra
House 8 7°17' Scorpio
House 9 6°17' Sagittarius
House 10 2°15' Capricorn
House 11 28°27' Capricorn
House 12 28°07' Aquarius

Sun Conjunction Uranus Orb 0°42'
Moon Conjunction Mercury Orb 1°53'
Mars Conjunction AS Orb 6°49'
Jupiter Square Neptune Orb 5°46'
Saturn Square Uranus Orb 5°56'
Mars Square MC Orb 6°04'
Saturn Square Neptune Orb 6°20'
Sun Square Saturn Orb 6°38'
Moon Square Pluto Orb 7°48'
Jupiter Trine MC Orb 3°27'
Venus Trine Saturn Orb 5°20'
Mercury Sextile MC Orb 0°34'
Neptune Sextile AS Orb 1°33'
Moon Sextile MC Orb 2°27'
Mercury Sextile Jupiter Orb 4°01'
Uranus Sextile Pluto Orb 4°20'
Sun Sextile Pluto Orb 5°02'
Moon Sextile Jupiter Orb 5°55'
Moon Sextile Saturn Orb 6°12'
Saturn Inconjunction Pluto Orb 1°35'
Mars SemiSquare Saturn Orb 0°16'
Sun SemiSquare MC Orb 0°18'
Uranus SemiSquare MC Orb 0°24'
Sun SemiSquare AS Orb 0°27'
Uranus SemiSquare AS Orb 1°09'
Jupiter SesquiQuadrate Pluto Orb 1°16'
Jupiter Quintile Uranus Orb 0°03'
Sun Quintile Jupiter Orb 0°45'
Moon SemiSextile Neptune Orb 0°08'
Mercury SemiSextile AS Orb 0°11'
Venus SemiSextile Uranus Orb 0°35'
Sun SemiSextile Venus Orb 1°18'
Moon SemiSextile AS Orb 1°41'

(Copied this from astrotheme, still in my phone, dk if it’s gonna come off a mess in yall’s laptop screens, but heres my birth info in case: Feb 7, 2000, Valenzuela, Philippines, 9:00am exact) thank u ~

[please either upload a chart or upload a chart to a link site and provide the link - Moderator]

hello, thank you for replying, I actually don’t know if i believe i’m psychic, I’ve been studying astrology, tarot reading and the likes because I always thought it was cool and different and new it was something that i infuse in my art. Like i “was” very interested in mythology and symbolisms and all these esoteric stuff but i didn’t see myself as someone who’s gonna take it really seriously, I haven’t even thought of buddhism before and enlightenment. I believe that we have one creator (not religious tho) and that we only have one life. So it’s creeping me out when I read about past lives and reincarnations and karmas and possibly reliving my struggles again and again in my next lives if i don’t learn the lessons now. How is that fair? We suffer for what our past selves did? Don’t we have any free will at all? Like I really wanna be a renowned artist but now I see people claiming that what I’m going through is a beneficial sacrifice for me to learn my soul purpose ;-; Why does others have easier lives than us 12th housers?

What if they call it spiritual awakening but psychologically and scientifically speaking it’s something else? I’ve been a member of this anti psychiatry group, basically we’re all victims of big pharma. And a lot of them recovered and went back into their lives, they didn’t have any spiritual epiphanies, or any spiritual switch at all, some are atheists. But what they did to get there were kinda the same as some buddhism practices (i mean no offence to buddhists) like normal mindfulness meditation (which does something for the amygdala), eating healthy (because we need to replace our fats), volunteering (because we need to revive our positive feelings) eliminating the bad thoughts (so the brain’s recovery would be quicker) so like what if i recover and choose not to sacrifice my whole life, what if i still have desires? would i still suffer, astrologically speaking? What if I take the psychological path and have my ocd treated, change my brain’s neuroplasticity, and the numbers 111 wont bother me again (I’ve been told that I only assigned a meaning to it and my subconscious absorbed it, so when i see it it stands out even though i see other numbers as often as 111, given that i only started seeing it when i read about my life path number 11) I do believe in the subconscious, are they the same? Can i still get back my talents?

And as for the sleep and dreaming, i always dream yeah but i havent assigned any meaning to them. Once or twice I’ve dreamt about people and the next day got messages from them after a long time of not talking but what if they’re just coincidences? because it never happened again (even with the same people). And I can’t sleep because all these thoughts are bothering me so much, when i start to fall asleep, I feel like I’m gonna just disappear so for me finding out about these enlightenment stuff exacerbated my situation, was very sure that i was on my way to recovery because i was starting to feel music a little bit but since stressing myself out abt these stuff i feel like im back to square one ._.

Looking for more 12th house people , did ya’ll live like a normal person? Cause I honestly feel like I’m abnormal and I’ll stay like this forever. Do ya’ll feel like you have free will? Do you take some 12th house meanings with a grain of salt and still live your best life according to your will?

Last edited:
Thank you so much, I once thought I’m going through this because I will come out of this as a more polished version of my former self. I’m lazy ngl. I had to have a vision (which I had an unlimited supply of preOCD and premeds) before I do something. I saw this obstacle as a way for me to actually get used to eating greens, exercise daily (things that i thought i didn’t need), be forced to deal with and be responsible of my own mental health (no one actually offered me any help before bc everybody around me thought having ocd is being a neat freak and i had to force myself to be normal), to actually focus now on learning instruments/music editing (i have to do these activities to activate the neurotransmitters again i was told and my brother is offering to teach me :D) , so they were all healthy practices that I realised I need to incorporate in my life..... until i read about this spiritual awakening stuff and now I’m so fixated on it and analyze everything I do, if i unconsciously am transforming into Mother Teresa.

What does moon square pluto mean? And idk if i see it that way. I honestly just can’t sleep because I fear I might activate something that I don’t like ._. and wake up a different person with no ambition, personality anymore.

conspiracy theorist

I'll answer your questions from the perspective of being a "12th house" person, as opposed to an astrologer reading your chart and prognosticating/dispensing advice. With Sun, Mercury and Pluto in the 12th, with Jupiter bodily also in the house (but conjunct the ascendant closely) I believe I qualify.

I will say from the outset that I'm not professionally diagnosed with any mental disorders, but this is not to say that I'm necessarily neurotypical (the jury is still out on that one). I say this because that's a major difference between you and I, notwithstanding the 12th house preponderance.

If what you mean by "living like a normal person" is having a stable job, emotional equanimity, social relationships that suits me, routines that act as stabilizers, and articulated goals for the short, medium and long term, then you could say that I'm fairly normal. I'd say that I'm in a good place atm (currently with T. Jupiter hovering close to my Moon this indicates a time of stability and ease, and I've even gained a little weight on top of it).

On the other hand, to get to this point I've experienced the negatives of the 12th house.... displacement, loss, isolation, tragedy, etc. A few times I've gotten close to the line but for a lifeline at the final hour -- so the 12th house Jupiter "guardian angel" pulls through for me.

I have the modern afflictions of being atomized and emotionally unavailable, but this does not result in Nihilism in my case. I have goals pursuing that I find meaningful, and I think for all the struggle that life brings there is still joy to be found in the triumph and conquering of the challenges and obstacles.

I ignore the 12th house meanings that deflate my ability to act, and this is just as well since despite the 12th house preponderance I have a very willful chart (fire stellium, all planets on the left, Mars conjunct Jupiter conj. ASC, Sun conj. Pluto, Moon in Aquarius, Moon squ. Pluto, Ascendant ruler as final dispositor). I'm going to act as if I have free reign to choose my destiny, even if I ultimately don't (and even here the metaphysics are not a settled issue). The rebellion found in the myths of Prometheus and Lucifer are appealing to me on a deep level, and even if the endgame of each was punishment from the "Gods", it's one of the few motifs that energize me on a "soul" level.

The 12th is Saturnine, since this is the house that Saturn joys. And I think the antidote to a lot of the 12th house afflictions is Saturnine in nature -- implementing more structure in the life through planning, due diligence, discipline, patience, and a sober look at the reality of your situation vs. floating in reveries about what reality should be or colourful concepts about metaphysical realities that nevertheless have no transformative effect on one's mode of being or behaviour in the world.

At one point I was concerned with "spiritual awakening" but now not so much. I like the sentiment found in the Buddhist saying "Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water." You still have the basic facts of life to attend to no matter how spiritually "advanced" you purport to be. Be careful of so called teachings that claims that you are so special and exalted. Their unreality can permanently push you over edge.

This thread reminds me of this piece that I read many years ago. Hopefully you will find it useful.

On Crossing the Abyss

Last edited by a moderator:

rosegarden

I’m not a good astrologist at all,

But i, too, have 3 planets in 12th house (moon, neptune, uranus).
Yes, spirituality and mental health disorders are very big themes of the 12th house (anything ”hidden”). I have had terrible mental health disorders having 3 planets in this house. I guess i have been too sensitive and psychic and that’s why...

My tip on how to cope with this house is to think about the ”sister house” of this house, which is the 6th house (house of virgo), and try to be more like 6th house, think about grounding stuff and not get too carried away into the magical world of the 12th house.

I’m wishing you all the best i hope you’ll get better. :)