Is this person's health going to be OK?

Hello everyone, I would be very grateful if you helped me with this question as it is very serious. One woman asked me if her boyfriend's health is going to be OK. He has been recently diagnosed with intracranial aneurysm. We don't know if it's very dangerous or not in his case but if it's not operable, he can die soon. The possibility of that is frightening. He has a doctor's appointment on Monday and it may become clearer then.

So I think we should take Mercury (7th house ruler) as the boyfriend and Mars and Jupiter as the illness (12th house ruler and the planet in the 12th house, the 6th from the 7th). Mercury actually applies to the conjunction with Jupiter, even though it's out of sign, so it could mean that something will happen... Also Mercury is combust, so his health may be in a weak and vulnerable state. On the other hand, Mercury is conjunct MC and in a good hourse (11th) so the condition he's in doesn't seem that bad. Another interesting thing is that the Moon is void of course, so it should mean that nothing will come out of the situation? So maybe his health won't become worse and there is not much of a problem here at all? Or maybe it means that the doctors won't be able to help him? By the way, I know that Sahl recommends to give the ascendant to the doctor, the 10th to the sick person etc. but I don't know if it's the right way to go.

I don't have a clear answer to this question and I'm not as experienced as some other forum members, so if you have some ideas, please share them. I've attached two charts with different house systems, Regiomontanus and whole signs. Use whichever one you prefer.

Attachments

• horary regiomontanus.jpg
    horary regiomontanus.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 32
  • horary whole signs.jpg
    horary whole signs.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 24

Chrysalis

Im not delving too deep into this with it being health related....but him/merc and his health/mars..mars is moving into its sign of detriment, so his health will most likely be getting worse....but then gains strength again in scorpio so maybe he gets the op and it helps him.

Im not delving too deep into this with it being health related....but him/merc and his health/mars..mars is moving into its sign of detriment, so his health will most likely be getting worse....but then gains strength again in scorpio so maybe he gets the op and it helps him.

Thanks for your reply. I'm a bit hesitant about using detriment as an essential debility though because I don't consider it bad in natal charts. I know that dignity/debility are very important in horary, but I'm still unsure if detriment's effects are as bad as they are usually described or not.

aquarius7000

Hi,

So, since the person is asking about her bf, I am giving the real querent the first and so the bf is the 7th of the chart.

Merc. is coming out of its combustion, which means that there is clarity as to the bf's condition. The bf's health too is denoted by the chart's 7th house, which is the bf's first house. Merc. is in its own term in Libra, so has some dignity. It will receive the Moon in a sextile, and the Moon is in the Sun's dignity. Some use the Sun to also reflect health, so I see a good chance of his doing better.

You can also double check by looking at the bf's natal with transits, for which you will need his exact time of birth.

Hi,

So, since the person is asking about her bf, I am giving the real querent the first and so the bf is the 7th of the chart.

Merc. is coming out of its combustion, which means that there is clarity as to the bf's condition. The bf's health too is denoted by the chart's 7th house, which is the bf's first house. Merc. is in its own term in Libra, so has some dignity. It will receive the Moon in a sextile, and the Moon is in the Sun's dignity. Some use the Sun to also reflect health, so I see a good chance of his doing better.

You can also double check by looking at the bf's natal with transits, for which you will need his exact time of birth.

Thanks for pointing out that Mercury comes out of combustion, not entering it. It would be worse if Mercury was entering this condition. Yes, Mercury is in its own terms using Ptolemy's terms which is nice. I myself prefer the Egyptian terms but having dignity in one system of the two sounds good. About the sextile... Don't you think the distance is a bit too big? The Moon has to travel about 22 degrees and also it will aspect the Sun first, and then Saturn. Also the Moon's dispositor, the Sun, is in fall... :sideways:

He doesn't know his exact time of birth, only approximate. But still, his ascendant is in Virgo with 99% probability. His profection lord for this year is Mars, which is his out-of-sect malefic which in itself isn't nice. In his solar return it is dominated by Saturn by square within a 1 degree orb. Saturn will square his Mars exactly this December. Also in his non-precessed solar return his Mars is in the 8th house, the house of death, and in detriment too, if that matters. In his natal chart Mars rules his 8th house as well. So yeah, I'm not a big fan of the current situation. Maybe I'm overthinking (or missing something else).

Thanks a lot for your help! I hope you're right that his health is going to be better.