Trial Of Derek Chauvin - Officer Accused Of Killing George Floyd

ElenaJ

Re: Trial Of Derek Chauvin - Officer Accused Of Killing George Floyd - Natal Planets

You didn't see the picture with Chauvin's knee on his neck?

Didn't you see the video from another perspective, where it was quite clear he was not leaning on his neck, but on his shoulder/back?

david starling

Re: Trial Of Derek Chauvin - Officer Accused Of Killing George Floyd - Natal Planets

No, what was implied by Blackberry is that Chauvin kneeling on his shoulder was not responsabile for his death.

Didn't you see the video from another perspective, where it was quite clear he was not leaning on his neck, but on his shoulder/back?

Was that helping him breathe?

Here's two that clearly show knee to neck contact:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/derek-chauvin-knee-george-floyds-neck-minutes-complaint/story?id=70961042

https://news.yahoo.com/chauvin-tria...cant-breathe-opening-statement-161522133.html

Btw, the County Medical Examiner declared it a homicide as well, due to police misconduct.

A successful appeal would result in a new trial, not an aquittal. And, based on all the evidence I've seen, the verdict would be the same.

Another bad cop off the street. That's a good thing, nothing to complain about imo.

Last edited:

blackbery

Those not intimidated are finally speaking out. Those in the LEGAL field understand the LAW and how unfair the verdict was.

Another legal expert confirms that the Chauvin verdict will be over turned on appeal.....and there are numerous reasons for this.

All three charges are eligible for appeal under Minnesota state law -- Chauvin could request the verdict be overturned and he be granted a new trial

Chauvin could seek to challenge the verdict based on a number of grounds, including arguing the jury was prejudiced by intense media coverage of the case and the $27 million settlement won by George Floyd’s family to settle a civil lawsuit filed over his death. That settlement was reached during jury selection.

After the settlement was announced, Chauvin’s defense attorney Eric Nelson requested a delay in the trial or a change of venue, arguing the settlement had an “incredible propensity to taint a jury pool." Cahill denied that request on March 19.

Cahill’s ruling to not move the trial or delay proceedings could be challenged as part of the appeal. The decision to sequester the jury for only deliberations could also be an appellate issue.

"Most of the arguments are going to center around the publicity, because being downtown Minneapolis, it was like the Green Zone in Iraq where the U.S. military was living. I've never seen anything like that -- Rodney King wasn't like that, O.J. Simpson wasn't like that," Applebaum told ABC News.

"First you have the pretrial publicity, which was horrific if you're the defendant. For almost one year, it's just been a daily barrage of negative emotions and feelings towards the defendant. Then you'd have the $27 million settlement on the eve of the trial, which is horrific for the defendant in terms of the City of Minneapolis, his employer, giving $27 million payout for his conduct," he added.

blackbery

Another strategy in the appeal could be pointing out the uproar over the fatal police shooting of Daunte Wright on April 11 in the Minneapolis suburb, which reignited protests in the state.

Chauvin's attorney could also cite comments from California Rep. Maxine Waters, who urged protesters over the weekend to “get more confrontational” if Chauvin was found not guilty -- a comment Nelson used to request a mistrial. Cahill denied that motion but admitted the comments were controversial.

“I’ll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result on this whole trial being overturned,” Cahill said.

"All of these things most certainly have spilled over into the trial," Applebaum said. "

Chauvin likely to win appeal, claiming trial tainted by civil settlement, media coverage, jury and defense witness intimidation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9493805/The-four-grounds-Derek-Chauvin-appeal.html

blackbery

Not only did they call an ambulance but the officers were dealing with a threatening, hostile 'on-lookers' who were swearing at them.

When the ambulance arrived, they did not feel safe and had to move G. Floyd's body to a secure location before they could start medical help.

The Saturn evidence and the Jupiter LAW was completely ignored by the emotionally charged Jury. I mean, if you are shown a person dying on video day after day you are going to be angry and want to blame anyone.

Even the Prosecutor's own witnesses disagreed on the cause of death.:andy::andy::andy:

But the mobs were out there surrounding the court house, threats had already been made that the country was 'going to burn' if Chauvin was acquitted, the defense witness was sent a severed pig's head to his home.:sick::sick::sick:

The entire trial was a circus and anyone in the LEGAL field knows it.

The appeal will 'set things straight' and give Chauvin a chance at a FAIR TRIAL, one not poisoned by emotional jurors not looking at the evidence, one not poisoned by the fake, corrupt news or by angry, violent mobs ready to kill and destroy if they don't get their way.

Thank God the U.S.A. is still a country of LAWS!:happy:

Three lawyers discuss the trial & how unfair & unjust the verdict was.

https://youtu.be/D_ddGT4ghIw

#WatchingtheWatchers
Derek Chauvin Trial Jurors Speak!

https://youtu.be/IY-5t-Pg8DA

The officers did call for an ambulance.

blackbery

The emergency dispatch log shows the paramedics called for help from the fire department shortly after checking Floyd’s pulse and just before they prepared to load him onto a stretcher. About 2 minutes later, a fire department medical team was on its way from a station less than half a mile (0.64 kilometers) away.

By the time the fire department arrived, the paramedics had moved the ambulance several blocks away and were attempting to resuscitate Floyd. The paramedics said they felt it was best to leave the scene because of the atmosphere there, where bystanders had shouted at the officers and were interfering in the situation.

Norton, the fire department EMT, told attorneys that when he arrived he began looking for the person he was called to help. He entered Cup Foods — the store where the 911 call had first been initiated — and had a brief exchange with people in the store.

He then received word from dispatchers that paramedics were in the ambulance several blocks away. Norton told attorneys that he arrived at the ambulance at about 8:37 p.m. — roughly 11 minutes after paramedics had requested backup medical help.

blackbery

Thanks ElenaJ, good to know that there's still people around who value the LAW and appreciate a fair trial.

The Chauvin Haters will hate & call him a racist no matter what the evidence is. Not ONCE did the Prosecutor bring ANY evidence that Derek Chauvin was racist.

It was a tragic event, Floyd had myriad of health & criminal problems from violent assault to robbery to drug possession to covid to heart problems, to having lethal amounts of drugs in his system.

Let's see what happens with the appeal and a new trial will prove Chauvin guilty of nothing more than manslaughter. I expect that later on when the violent mob threat is diminished, he will be released pending his trial. Otherwise, it's likely he will be murdered in prison.

I wish him and his family well.

david starling

Chauvin killed Floyd right out in public view. Floyd was dead before Chauvin got off of him.

Smoke and mirrors isn't going to change the guilty verdict.

david starling

PeQliar that anyone would consider Chauvin innocent on all counts!

ElenaJ

I won't take a stand on whether Chauvin was guilty as charged or not.
However, he has the right to a fair trial which he did not have.
His guilt was not proven and a political position was taken by the jury, which I can also understand completely, since their own lives were at stake.
And not at the hands of the police, but at the hands of a vengeful crowd who had been gassed up and manipulated.
That is not the way the law should work, especially in the US.

leomoon

There will never be agreement between two sides on the Derek Chauvin and George case anymore then on the OJ Simpson (got off) and the murdered ex wife & her friend Ron Goldman case. They even had blood evidence on that one found in his Bronco (Goldman's blood) and on his wool rug in his bedroom. :surprised:

It was horrible to see the joy and celebration in the streets when O.J. was set free. :surprised:

We might as well just accept the fact that there truly IS inherent racism in this country and because of that fact, we will always see these two divergent sides on cases which make headlines.

I heard a black leader of the group that is protesting today say something that made a lot of sense to me.

Instead of suing (as the lawsuits have been paid in the multi-millions lately) the insurance of the Police Dept. and the State, it should be the insurance of the perpetrator found guilty in this case Derek Chauvin.

The police are not required to be fully covered for murder or harm of a citizen.

They probably should be, imo.

Even if it's a Million Dollar Injury policy, its better then nothing which is what they currently have in Liability insurance. The reason given by this speaker (I forgot his name), was that "it would hurt them where it counts and perhaps give police more to think about when they have to pay insurers based on their history) just as we do today on auto insurance, if you cause accidents, you pay more then someone who does not or your rate increases.

ElenaJ

"We might as well just accept the fact that there truly IS inherent racism in this country and because of that fact, we will always see these two divergent sides on cases which make headlines."

Absolutely no. Sorry.
Racism has nothing to do with this case and is not inherent in the country.
Two sides can see things differently by using logic and reasoning and just not agreeing.

leomoon

During my long life over 7 decades, I've encountered tons of racism denial. Its very common actually. I suppose with egos as they are, no one wants to wear that cloak.

Our country kept slavery intact while the Brits longer ago then us decided it to be inherently immoral.

Having Astrologers I've known in the South for many decades now, I was even shocked when one of them asked me, "what gives Obama's mother the RIGHT to marry a black man".....This is a Virginia woman living in the mountains of VA. on many acres inherited from her wealthy parents who were lawyers.

This is a woman who graduated from Washington-Lee University, and I use to write fixed stars reports with her.

This was an "inherent" racism question she asked me.

My answer was short and one word. "love"

Last edited:

leomoon

I thought I knew her fairly well, going back dozens of years and on forums, yet her question truly took me back.

One can be well educated, and from educated parents, post about their religion being the most important thing in their lives, yet ask such a question as this. I took the question as being simply ignorant of life and love.

In other words, it was a serious question.

I miss her as for her knowledge of the Civil War in the U.S.A. all the various battles. She is a Pisces Sun - very intelligent but quite empty in other ways. Her acumen is History - and she is also a published poet who remained single all her life.

W & L U - in Lexington, Virginia. Established in 1749 as the Augusta Academy, the university is among the oldest institutions of higher learning in the United States.

Washington and Lee was essentially all male until 1972, when women were admitted to the law school; the first female undergraduates enrolled in 1985. As of 2006, the university's undergraduate population was equally divided between men and women.

david starling

I won't take a stand on whether Chauvin was guilty as charged or not.
However, he has the right to a fair trial which he did not have.
His guilt was not proven and a political position was taken by the jury, which I can also understand completely, since their own lives were at stake.
And not at the hands of the police, but at the hands of a vengeful crowd who had been gassed up and manipulated.
That is not the way the law should work, especially in the US.

Fortunately for the jury, Chauvin's guilt WAS clearly proven, so they didn't have to fear reprisals for honestly voting the "wrong" way. Not sure why you keep saying it wasn't.

The possibility for a successful appeal leading to a new trial is about procedural irregularities, not about a lack of solid, incontrovertible evidence.

Hey Odds, if you were following the trial, did you see any evidence that could have exonerated Chauvin? He even pointed pepper spray at an EMT who was pleading with him to stop cutting off Floyd's air supply.

How was this not an "open and shut" case in your opinion? And don't worry, no angry mobs will burn a cross on your lawn if you give the "wrong" answer either way.

Last edited: