Brain disease and gemstones

Jcoors

Hi all,

I've heard that some astrologers believe that if you keep certain gemstones on your body, the stones can negate negative effects of planetary positions. I have what I believe is a brain disease, which is reflected strongly in my Secondary Progressions in the Western system. I'm wondering what gemstones you would recommend to counteract this effect and why. Much appreciated :)

Also, a couple of random questions: how do you target the secondary direction effect of a planet using gemstones but not its natal influence, or is that not possible? Does using a gemstone on one planet have a ripple effect on other planets/allignments, and if so how? Does negating a planet's energy reroute it to other areas of your life in negative ways?

My details are as follows.

Here's my Western chart:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On my secondary aspects chart, I have Neptune 28°52' Я Sagittarius, in House II, and it's in this degree for basically my entire life, through 2040 at least and from around 1995. This is what it reads:

"Interpretation of the 28° Sagittarius symbolic degree
"A man does somersaults in a hay field while a hare runs away."
Childish, unstable, and timid character. Success can be achieved in modelling, coaching, or attending to the needs of wealthy people. Elegant sports such as golf or horse riding are also very favoured. Should the natal chart concur, there may be a disease affecting the brain."

---------

There's another very longterm secondary directions which are also plaguing me, but less intensely. I would appreciate advice on this as well:

Saturn 11°57' Scorpio, in House XI

Interpretation of the 11° Scorpio symbolic degree​

"A snake tries to get rid of a swarm of flies, in vain. In the background, an isolated house is surrounded by a clump of trees."

Reserved, obsessive, and resourceful character. One is surrounded by enemies who claim compensation for an injustice which one is responsible for. This degree sometimes indicates that one is haunted by the remorse for an old mistake or by some secret tragedy.

Caro

Here is the thread.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26898&highlight=Crystals

I hope it is of some use.

obviously you need to see an appropriate medical practitioner. then it is best also to see a therapist who works with crystals in a consultation.

as Im sure you are aware the crystals are very powerful. you should only really use them for 10mins a day when you first start to work with , particularly on yourself(and if you have a health issue)

I have just started a diploma in crystal healing. I dont know about the link with astrology. people's charts are so variable that it may be a matter of what you find works for you

so this would be my advice.

a grounding stone ie haematite, bloodstone, red jasper. but there are many others and you may resonate with other types.

then a protective stone. ie hawks eye. or amethyst.

finally I would just start working with a quartz stone. (you can use this also for grounding and protecting as it is the master stone - personally I prefer the others)

I would recommend you get some books on crystal healing so you know how to dedicate and attune the crystal. Also after the healing how to cleanse it again.

may just hold the stone in a 10 minute meditation and ask for healing. or you can place on area you ask for healing.

Good luck in your search .

Frisiangal

Hi,
I am replying in response to your PM. I have neither knowledge regarding use of gemstones nor a practical knowledge regarding the Sabian symbols, so can be of no service in those directions.

I am not medically trained, whereby any information offered is derived from the rules applied to astrological symbolism as it pertains to the branch of astrology that deals with health issues. The personal focus is through the modern rather than traditional perspective. It implies that physical disease is not ‘automatically’ written into a chart but can be a result of mismanagement of planetary energy.

Moon feelings, Sun and/or Mercury psyche can be associated with the ‘seed’ of an eventual physical complaint if they become dis-orientated and undergo dis-order and dis-ease . Saturn is often suggestive of its eventual manifestation because one is unable to go through its portals towards perceiving issues that plague one in another manner.....Uranus. This leads to negative manifestation of Uranus in the way of stress and strain regarding any form of change, the forerunner of issues turning physical.

To say that you ‘have a brain disease’ because a theoretical statement says so is too simplified. The brain is a complex mechanism comprising many individual systems. What form does this disease take? Have you had a medical check up to verify its validity? If not, you are taking such written information as gospel truth through absolute belief (typical of Neptune in Sagittarius?) and not through confirmation of a manifested fact. If one believes enough, there is also something known as ‘self fulfilling prophesy’, which can be either positive or negative in itsoutcome. If you choose to believe the Sabian interpretation, have you looked at other planetary positions and the Sabian that accompanies them, to see how they may counteract any negative prophesy manifesting, in the same manner that an astrologer would look for aspects that direct Neptune in a positive manner? E.g. ‘Silent oars at rest’ can be a tremendous help to ’Up the creek in a boat without a paddle’.

A brain disease could also be translated to mean a brain dis-ease; an emotional or spiritual-minded difficulty in assimilating events that result in a disturbance of their natural working order.
The chart shows a Moon in Gemini that is well aspected to Mercury-Pluto BUT opposing Neptune, as well as a Sun square Pluto-Ascendant-Saturn. There is no involvement from the Earth element, which suggests someone who ‘lives through the effects the mind and emotions can have in their head’. A natal Saturn in Scorpio in the 1st house and conjunct the Ascendant might be inclined to see every glass half empty rather than half full, which would not seem particularly encouraging for a Leo Sun to come up against in order to believe in themselves (9th house).

By coincidence, the 9th house has been observed time and time again to have associations with ‘health’ rather than ‘physical disorder’ issues. It is therefore interesting to note the importance of the moon feelings, as ruler 9th house, and the Sun’s position in it, upon the individual spirit.

Does the chart show any predisposition towards a brain disease?
The head is ruled by Aries. Aries is on the 6th house cusp with its ruler, Mars in the 1st house. Before maturity sets in, Mars is also recognised as ruler of Scorpio. Highly emotionally charged, energetic and volatile. Note the square aspect to Venus, ruler 7th and 12th houses. Mars is in a semi-square to Jupiter, the natural good health maker. Jupiter desires more and more but is somewhat restricted by Capricorn. ‘Stilted and slow growth’ factors that get in the way of personal progress, unless growth and progress is learned through wisdom? Semi-squares are ‘health warnings’ ; ’ the could be but not necessarily is ’ factor of a physical disorder. Sec. Progr. Mars is now in Sagittarius in orb of trining natal Sun. This would hardly seem to be associated with the development of a physical disease.

Mercury could also be associated with ‘a brain disease’ affecting the mental faculties. Thankfully, it makes only positive aspects. A healthy mind is such a benefit in dealing with events that make up life. How appropriate that secondary progressed Sun is now conjoining natal Mercury that can help to relieve the challenge from sec. Progressed Ascendant square applying to it .

The Sun is associated with the healthy spirit for life. It is natally heavily and harshly aspected, which could have the crushing effect one has to personally overcome. Its 150* aspect to Neptune-Jupiter suggests the stress and strain of living up to and with one’s beliefs and giving them a realisation in the physical , manifested world. Sun is not usually associated with the brain.

Sec. progressed Moon has been working its way through your 8th house and is on its way to its return. Hopefully this will see a change in how your feelings can lead you into beliefs that could be physically unfounded of nature.

Hope you find this helpful.