Grand squares in synastry

Sany

What is their general meaning? When one person's planet forms a grand square with another person's t-square.

For example, one person has t-square with Venus apex, Jupiter and Neptune. And another person's Mars is opposite to Venus. Venus is placed in Aries and Mars in Libra.

sandstone

Banned
it is a bit like giving a 3 legged table a 4th leg, lol... venus - mars opposition is a strong attraction signature on the physical plane.. cardinal t square is more fluid then a fixed t square.. the person with the venus in aries is likely to be good at initiating relationships, but not so good at maintaining them.. pie in the sky ideas about relationships would be suggested with venus at the top of a t involving jupiter-neptune on the bottom.. disillusionment in relationships due overly optimistic expectations is another way to put it.. i am making these comments without seeing the rest of the chart, so you will have to take them with a good grain of salt since i don't see the rest of the chart.. mars is like prince charming in this equation, until he isn't, at which point he is another person in the rear view mirror in the venus in aries wanderlust for the next exciting relationship possibility somewhere over the horizon.. without seeing the whole charts or how they interact, i have painted a slightly more bleak picture then it might actually be.. overall the grand square is fine in itself.. it demands some attention and growing up.. transit of saturn will have been hitting on the t square as saturn is also in the cardinal sign libra.. in fact if the degree of venus is in the later part of aries, this person might have just met their match with this transit to apex venus..

Sany

it is a bit like giving a 3 legged table a 4th leg, lol...

I was hoping for an answer like this because the Venus person is exactly how you described him here:

the person with the venus in aries is likely to be good at initiating relationships, but not so good at maintaining them.. pie in the sky ideas about relationships would be suggested with venus at the top of a t involving jupiter-neptune on the bottom.. disillusionment in relationships due overly optimistic expectations is another way to put it..
Venus is the ruler of his Sun, placed in the 10th, conjunct MC and in exact square to Neptune. That's the aspect that scares me the most in his chart and I was kinda hoping my Mars (my Sun ruler) could somehow change that... situation. :sideways: Because it's the Venus - Mars aspect, Venus beeing his Sun ruler in a Mars sign, and Mars being my Sun ruler in a Venus sign.

i am making these comments without seeing the rest of the chart, so you will have to take them with a good grain of salt since i don't see the rest of the chart..
I know that without whole picture it's hard to say anything but in this case it's just like you said.

mars is like prince charming in this equation, until he isn't, at which point he is another person in the rear view mirror in the venus in aries wanderlust for the next exciting relationship possibility somewhere over the horizon.. without seeing the whole charts or how they interact, i have painted a slightly more bleak picture then it might actually be..
So just Mars making the grand square doesn't promise anything. I guess Saturn aspects could help here, but neither of our Saturns make aspects to this configuration. We do have Saturn - Sun aspects both ways (and in natal charts also) and my Saturn trining his ascendant.

But we have wild Uranus aspects also: his Uranus with my Moon, Venus, Mars, and my Uranus with his Moon, Venus, Mars. And his Psyche in exact opposition to my Eros. Yes, sexual attraction was evident from the moment we met, I'm just wondering does it have potential to turn into anything serious.

overall the grand square is fine in itself.. it demands some attention and growing up.. transit of saturn will have been hitting on the t square as saturn is also in the cardinal sign libra.. in fact if the degree of venus is in the later part of aries, this person might have just met their match with this transit to apex venus..
No, Venus is in the early degrees od Aries. But Saturn is his natal ruler of the 7th, conjunct the 7th house cusp and right now transiting Saturn is squaring it. So could it have similar meaning?

At the same time his progressive Moon is exactly trining his natal Venus and in exact conjunction to his natal vertex and my ascendant ruler at my Sun/Moon midpoint.

Last edited:

sandstone

Banned
hi sany,
the saturn cross aspects will be helpful.. moon/uranus connections may make it more challenging to settle into something, but this might be something that helps balance the charts out too.. i would just be offering an opinion if i saw the charts anyway.. i don't view astrology in a fatalistic manner. the venus in early aries would have had saturn transit, but it would have been more like a 1-2 years ago then.. perhaps a change in approach was cultivated at this time thru the ending of a relationship.. generally saturn to venus is a wake up call, which can be brought about by a painful separation.. it is asking that the person learn to love more.. that is how i see it.. just what one has to love is another layer to this. sometimes people find themselves in relationships where the love has ended and saturn will come along to tell you in no uncertain terms.. that is when you need to love yourself a wee bit more, so as to let go and move on.. other times it can be that you need to be more loving to others.. this is how i think of venus with a transit of saturn sort of.