Other users with a lot of water?

ScorpioLibraCancer

How do you all deal with all the emotions? Am I the only one having a hard time having a lot of water in my chart?

I do have a lack of fire and just one planet in air (Libra sun in 10th house) for the record.

miquar

Hi. Perhaps one thing you could do is use the earthy part of your nature to bring groundedness and structure to your life. You can think in terms of opposite signs.

The Taurus-Scorpio sign axis is concerned with resources. The Scorpio part of you may benefit from a sense of self-sufficiency and of personal worth which is independent of what you can achieve by merging with others.

The Virgo-Pisces sign axis is concerned with synthesis. If there is a Piscean part of you, then it may benefit if you try to synthesise with life on a practical and mundane level, rather than only through loss of boundaries.

The Cancer-Capricorn axis is concerned with stabilisation and continuation. The Cancer part of you may benefit from forming long-term tangible goals, rather than allowing yourself to be guided from one moment to the next purely by instinctual responses. These instinctual responses are designed to help you to maintain your stability as an individual entity, but do not necessarily help you to establish yourself as a self-sufficient and useful member of the collective.

Understanding the water-earth sign axes (or yin sign axes) as each representing a particular process can help in complementing the watery pole with the earthy pole (or vice versa).

If you identify with your Sun in Libra, then there may be some resistance to contaminating its ideals of objectivity and shared understanding with irrational and unpredictable feelings. But if this is the case, you could reassure yourself that true mutual understanding is aided by empathy, and that harmony which attempts to suppress instincts and feelings doesn't last for very long.

I only have Moon in Scorpio as a planet in water, but it rules my Cancer ascendant and is quite enough to give me plenty to work with on the feeling front. I think that the Buddhist approach to feelings is very useful. Feelings are said to arise when a sense is stimulated, and this in turn triggers some facet of the individual's 'self-passion'. The feeling itself is considered neutral. To just feel the feeling allows the self-passion to dissolve and so there is less to be triggered in the future. To respond to the feeling by grasping after something leads to the reinforcement of self-passion and so a cycle of: feeling > grasping > becoming > feeling... is perpetuated. In other words, to simply feel a feeling is healing and cleansing, but to grasp is to self-harm.

Do you have any water planets or angles aspected by transiting Neptune or Saturn at the moment, or any Cancer planets or angles aspected by transiting Uranus and Pluto?

ScorpioLibraCancer

I don't really identify with my libra sun.
I'll just attach an image of my chart, because I haven't really been into astrology for a very long time

m74Bki4.gif

Last edited:

miquar

So a complete absence of fire, and only outer planets in earth. And Pluto angular too. Its about as watery a chart as one ever sees. I'm still not sure what to add to my last post until you respond to it.

ScorpioLibraCancer

Haha, I know. To be honest; I don't like it. I wish it was more balanced out with more air, fire and earth. I'm happy for the two planets in earth, I'm sure they're a little more helpful than it would be if they were in a water element as well.

Well, as you may understand I don't really feel like a libra. Before I got into astrology I would always identify more with scorpio, without knowing of the other planets.

I am epathic, but I'm also very selfish. Here's my aspects

Sun Conjunction Midheaven
Moon Trine Venus
Moon Conjunction Mars
Moon Trine Jupiter
Moon Opposition Uranus
Moon Opposition Neptune
Moon Trine Pluto
Moon Trine Ascendant
Mercury Square Mars
Mercury Trine Saturn
Venus Conjunction Jupiter
Venus Trine Saturn
Mars Opposition Uranus
Mars Opposition Neptune
Mars Trine Pluto
Mars Trine Ascendant
Mars Sextile Midheaven
Jupiter Trine Saturn
Uranus Conjunction Neptune
Uranus Sextile Pluto
Uranus Sextile Ascendant
Uranus Trine Midheaven
Pluto Conjunction Ascendant
Pluto Sextile Midheaven

Lin

I'm very emotional. This is one of the reasons I began studying astrology. I couldn't figure out why others didn't seem to have my emotional depth.
However, I don't know if I would say I have a LOT of water...
I do have Moon, Venus and Jupiter in the 8th house (Pluto's house) and 2 of those, Venus and Jupiter are in Cancer. I have Scorpio rising, with both Venus and Jupiter trine my Asc....so...I DO use the outlet of Scorpio for my emotions.

However: I have found that it can make others uncomfortable to show naked emotion. So I have had to do some self censorship in this area. And then it's a delicate balance. If you censor too much you are being unfair to your inner self. If you show too much emotion you can make others uncomfortable. LOL...so you have to "think" about it....and use your intellect to figure this out.

The upside is that it makes it very easy for me to be sympathetic and compassionate, and that is important for me as a professional astrologer. I don't get 'put off' by shows of emotions by my clients. And they, in turn, feel they can trust me to be compassionate.

This didn't come easily, nor automatically. It's something I've worked on.
If your emotionality gets in the way of your work, then you have to translate feeling into thought.
If it gets in the way of relationships, then you have to figure out if that particular person is compatible with you....either for friendship or romance.

You're very young. With time you will be able to "see" beyond your emotional impulses (hopefully) and learn to exercise your intellect in order to obtain a "balance" in your life. Before "reacting" emotionally to anything it's probably a good idea to move away from the situation and think about what you are doing, and if your emotions are helping you or undermining your goal of the moment.

We all learn by making mistakes. But I think I'd rather have too many feelings than to be someone who is thought of as Unfeeling, wouldn't you?
LIN

kimbermoon

[FONT=Andalus, serif]Grand water trine here...tell me about it...when we struggle with emotions in our lives, look to the configurations of the Moon; that is the receptacle of all our past memories, which stimulate the feelings generated in response to what we experience. Our emotions do serve a purpose, and it is mainly about understanding what that purpose is. Note the opposition to your Moon from Neptune and Uranus in the chart. At the level of your psyche, there are blockages from the past that keep popping up for you. This is why emotions may seem like an enigma to you. Cancer moon is very sensitive and receptive to the psychic messages within the subconscious, and until you understand your personal emotional reactivity they will continue to trouble you. The Moon in it's rulership is highly receptive to an awareness of the impact of emotions, which are fuelled by our past memories. So what traumas or difficulties did you experience in the past? All that Scorpio energy also makes for a great deal of intensity, under the disguise of passion. The Moon with Mars can also denote repressed anger or resentment from the past. How to deal? That's a whole other story...:annoyed:[/FONT]

DumasEXE

Yep, lots of water in my chart here as well.

5 planets in Scorpio in the 12th house. xD Only one planet in fire on my ascendent conjunct my Sagittarius North Node, two planets in air and two planets in Earth (or three if you count Chiron as well) :tongue:

With so much water in a chart it can get pretty heavy living in a world like this. I like to spend a lot of time alone since the emotional insensitivity of others gets to me a lot..

My mother also has 5 planets in water. 4 in Cancer and 1 in Scorpio. She has only one in Earth, 2 in Air and 3 in Fire.

It's interesting though.. usually people with a lot of water in their charts attract people with barely any or no water at all in their charts into their life.

kimbermoon

I concur that we tend to be attracted to water signs in an attempt to balance that lack within ourselves. the key is that you have to have outlets to discharge all that energy and not repress your feelings. Having an interest in creative pursuits helps as well.:smile:

Phoenix Venus

I concur that we tend to be attracted to water signs in an attempt to balance that lack within ourselves. the key is that you have to have outlets to discharge all that energy and not repress your feelings. Having an interest in creative pursuits helps as well.:smile:

I agree. I think finding constructive ways to express the energy is an important thing. We are in a "Yang" society where emotions are not considered acceptable. Water heavy people tend to suppress all of that; which builds up a lot of guilt within the psyche. this inner resentment will lead to compensation and attachments in others.

I have a predominance of Water & Air.... with 8th h gemini moon in a very tight inconjunction to 1st h scorpio mercury (and pluto). I've been learning how to let my emotions run their course without holding any attachments to them. Detachment is pivitol, imo. It's been very... extremely... beneficial, so far, in "unclogging" my old negative energy and allowing the light in.

ScorpioLibraCancer

Kimbermoon: Well, I don't really know if I've experienced something very traumatic, and if I ever did, the last thing I wanted to do is telling random people over the internet, haha.

FindMeInTheStars

I am Pisces with Scorpio rising and Cancer Moon. Although people who do not really know me say that I am cold and unemotional. I am quite emotional really and have a lot of empathy, too much really. I just hide it very well.

Attachments

• astro.gif
    astro.gif
    55.4 KB · Views: 31

FindMeInTheStars

You have a lot of planets in water houses as well! We both share that we have the mars and moon in cancer in the 8th house.

I have a twin sister so more water there! My older sister is a Cancer and older brother Pisces. My partner is a cancer too. My twin's partner is scorpio. Water everywhere ;-)
Although my mother is Aquarius as was my father. My other brother is virgo but his wife a scorpio.

Therese

I have a five-planet stellium in Scorpio. Emotional and intense is an understatement. I second Miquar's Buddhist approach, but I would perhaps put it differently, because buddhism tends to speak the language of air... Imagine feelings as the water in the river, and imagine yourself as the riverbed. Your job is to let the water flow, not to block it. let the water flow, do not identify with it, you cannot, anyway, it is forever changing.

I think the biggest challenge with emotions is our will. We want to hold on to some of them, while we want to avoid or block out others. It doesn't work, either way. It's like the water running through the riverbed, we will feel our emotions, all of them, and they will pass, all of them. There is nothing we can do about that. What we can do, however, is let them come and let them pass, without acting them out too much, without blocking them out too much, and at first it is difficult and it hurts, but with time and practice, we can become quite a decent riverbed, allowing the river to flow the way it wants, and nourish all forms of life that depend on it... Emotions are something we share with others, everybody knows joy, pain, anger, love or sorrow, they belong to Life itself, they are not ours to hold onto or avoid...

ScorpioCrow

Me:
Sun, Mars & Jupiter in Pisces
Moon & Chiron in Scorpio
Neptune in 1st

To be honest, sometimes I DON'T know how I deal with all the emotions. Just cry it out, I guess. I write and stuff, so that's another way.

But it is HARD having a Moon in Scorpio (and loosely conjunct Pluto its Ruler!).